Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
¿So the person who wrote the word "trap" should apologize or not?
¿He shouldn't do it anymore?
¿Maybe you can help me understand, how do I take responsibility if someone is offended for no reason like it was in this case?
¿ Or what do you mean respect?¿not answer him?
pls... put that aside.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Talk about the wonders of language: one user types a message using upside down question marks, Spanish language style, and another one translates said message to Portuguese and forgets to leave it as-is :D
At this point. I think that General Bullshit could do with a language thread.

EDIT: I remember someone opened this thread on this very subforum: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/inappropriate-language.21842

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
Talk about the wonders of language: one user types a message using upside down question marks, Spanish language style, and another one translates said message to Portuguese and forgets to leave it as-is :D
At this point. I think that General Bullshit could do with a language thread.

EDIT: I remember someone opened this thread on this very subforum: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/inappropriate-language.21842
sorry, I hadn't noticed.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
For what it's worth, I believe that content may have been scaled back since you experienced it? I just did a quick run-through of his scenes and didn't see what you described — he'll flatout refuse some of the more extreme sex options when you're pregnant, although he will slap you (the slap is described as "not as hard as you would have liked") in one of the scenes where you suggest it.

I do agree that Garret's bitch content might benefit from a more thorough warning or an "out" once you've opted in, since the warning in place right now gives you a heads-up that you're signing up to experience some extreme content but doesn't specifically say what extreme content it is. I think the writers have always been pretty good at making it clear when you're in for something permanent/extreme but have gotten a lot better at being specific about what kind of content it is as the game's gone on — the warning before you take or don't take Rindo as your concubine is a great one.
Yeah it does warn you about the violent sex considering how Garrett is. I did enjoy be his bitch scenes and the masochistic sub scenes with Garrett, but it was much more hardcore than I thought. Wouldn't it be kind of hard to give more warning than that though without going into too much specific details and risk making the warning super long?
I also wish there was a way to undo the opening of that content without needing to make yourself either not female or not lupine. I don't use the character anymore because her save was on Chrome, but I experienced the content on what was my main character at the time, and I really enjoyed it. Until one specific scene, in which he responds to the Champ asking for more sex by hitting the champ hard enough to send her to the floor with the justification of "you're pregnant and fucking more would hurt the baby." It wasn't the hitting part that bothered me, it was the pregnancy part.
Which scenes are you talking about? One of my main is lupine female so I play Garrett's scenes a lot. The scenes I think you're talking about is punish scene which he hits pc hard on the wall and fucks her hard enough for the pc to fall to floor. Or it could be the degrade scene where pc ends up prostrating and Garrett steps on pc's head but it says not enough to truly hurt. But when the pc is pregnant, he won't do the punish scene and choke out scenes.

I think observer addressed why Garrett's content is locked behind being female and lupine. Something about their vision of Garrett and how they didn't want to make half-assed bi/gay scenes and rather make a character intended for that. Kind of paraphrasing but I remember they talked about this somewhere in the forum.....

While I do enjoy Garrett if he's too rough you might like Elyon. His scenes are also subbing with a bit of masochism mixed to it like the spanking scene. Not as intense as Garrett though. Talking about Elyon though he's really hot. Wish there would be more of his content......I really like his pet play scenes a lot. But probably not gonna happen bc I don't think he's that popular.....or at least I don't see too much ppl talking about him.

Last edited:

Oh Philomena

Jan 20, 2022
I think observer addressedwhy Garrett's content is locked behind being female and lupine. Something about their vision of Garrett and how they didn't want to make half-assed bi/gay scenes and rather make a character intended for that. Kind of paraphrasing but I remember they talked about this somewhere in the forum.....

While I do enjoy Garrett if he's too rough you might like Elyon. His scenes are also subbing with a bit of masochism mixed to it like the spanking scene. Not as intense as Garrett though. Talking about Elyon though he's really hot. Wish there would be more of his content......I really like his pet play scenes a lot. But probably not gonna happen bc I don't think he's that popular.....or at least I don't see too much ppl talking about him.

That totally makes sense! It's a specific fantasy and I understand Tobs' dedication to ensuring they can go all the way with it — going whole-hog (or whole-dog?) must make it much more cohesive and easier to write than it would be if he held back or made compromises. And much more satisfying to read for players whose thing is this exact thing. More power to them!

I like Elyon a lot! Super hot, great scenes, fleshes out the Winter City some more. I need to be more vocal about how much I enjoy the guys in this game, especially the ones who are dominant. I know it must feel like unrewarding work to write them sometimes, given where the bulk of player attention tends to go, but I promise players who prefer dudes are out here! There are dozens of us!

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I think observer addressedwhy Garrett's content is locked behind being female and lupine. Something about their vision of Garrett and how they didn't want to make half-assed bi/gay scenes and rather make a character intended for that. Kind of paraphrasing but I remember they talked about this somewhere in the forum.....

Or Garrett has mommy problems as or almost as bad as Gwyn's daddy problems and they didn't want both siblings to get memed on.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Beyond Elyon being a guy which automatically makes him less likely to catch attention in the eyes of the fanbase, I do find him somewhat, how should I say, poorly presented.

Elyon quest kinds bums me out in how it leaves nothing to the player to decide. Instead of letting the player choose to help the damaged pretty boy on their own terms, Ryn forces it on us without our champion having say in the matter. Which not only makes it less personal on the players end but it also leads me feeling disconnected from my in game surrogate. Like, I as a player was following through it because I found him cute and I wanted to help Elyon. My champion on other hand was always antagonistic towards him and the only reason they seemed interesting in helping him was because "Ryn asked of us so." My champion feels as distant from him in the end as from the start of the quest. Which leads to the following sexy times feeling out of place. Since, before that, my champion genuinely felt like they found Elyone anything but a attractive.

Now, besides that major gripe, I do find his tsundere shtick kind of tiring. In context of the game mind you. Like, it is cute and I can see how it can develop further into him showing his feelings more openly. But at same time, in the game where it feels like most men have more interest in other people than the champion (Imad, Elf boy, Takahiro, Darius, Garret, Sugo...) it ends up as repetitive experience. Like, what does a girl/boy have to do to have a guy look at them and go "damn, you aint half bad!" without a caveat.

And also, when it comes to sex scenes, I do find them little bit to meme. Especially the whole hugging thing. And, as someone who likes to play guys with dicks, it feels like they were not designed to account us in mind. With how they never mention things such as prostate or giving us a handy down.

Still, beyond all this, I do want more content from him. As said, I do like his tsundere shtick. I am sucker for character arcs where the said characters mellows out and becomes more open. Maybe a marriage down the line? I can only hope.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Some people like creativity in their smut despite how things would turn out to be in real life. The good and bad thing about fantasies is that they don't need to be doable (or enacted!) in real life.

Last edited:

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I get that and not complaining.. I just don't like what both Garrett and Arona call MC.. Bitch.. that word, I don't know why but to me is just the worst. Call me a Cunt and that's fine but Bitch.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
I get that and not complaining.. I just don't like what both Garrett and Arona call MC.. Bitch.. that word, I don't know why but to me is just the worst. Call me a Cunt and that's fine but Bitch.
I get its your personal preference but really? Bitch is a lot less rude than cunt in most peoples minds.

Spidereggs

Sep 4, 2021
Perhaps a word filter & replacer like the JS version of TiTS has would help a lot of this sort of issues, if it's technically feasible for CoC2?

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
Talking about things people don't like and filters and technical stuff impossible to implement, you know what i would like? tags to know what a sex scene contains before selecting it.
A dumb example; if my champion is male, and i go to Brint's sex menu, it could have tags like "gay", "dom npc", and so on. If my champion is female, instead of "gay", it would be "straight" and probably also have "MC impregnation".
Of course, this not only requires revisiting every scene ever, but also going into murky territory, like "if my champ is male, and has sex with Etheryn, is it gay or not"

Reactions: Erzulie

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Active filtering of content has already been declared Not Happening Ever, scene tags would be only slightly less of a pain in the ass (slightly, especially if you want them to be parser-ised as well) and for no real benefit. Consider this: If you read the sex options and tooltips and pay attention to context, you'll already get a pretty good idea what the scene is going to involve without needing the game to hold your hand and walk you through it.

That said, I could imagine some funny fake tags in Silly Mode, like the high-Corruption win option for the Mino Miners 'warning' the player of Moo/Moo content.

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
I think the game lilith throne has something like that it similar but for extreme stuff
i remember paraphore having those too, for REALLY extreme stuff
Consider this: If you read the sex options and tooltips and pay attention to context, you'll already get a pretty good idea what the scene is going to involve without needing the game to hold your hand and walk you through it.
being english not my first language, some words are lost on me. Like, what the hell is "pitch anal"? that scene in Vaush's menu doesn't have a clear tooltip.
to be fair, i still woudn't participate in a scene with Vaush, being my characters always male, and completely opposed to any form of anal intercourse, but still, what does it mean?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The game is written by and for English speakers (either as their primary language or at least a secondary language they're really comfortable with) and that means slang is going to be used. In this case, 'Pitch' comes from sports terminology and means the Champ is the one giving the dick, while 'Catch' would be the Champ receiving the dick.
that scene in Vaush's menu doesn't have a clear tooltip.
You mean this tooltip?
Vaush.png
Which of those three words is unclear? :p

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
The game is written by and for English speakers (either as their primary language or at least a secondary language they're really comfortable with) and that means slang is going to be used. In this case, 'Pitch' comes from sports terminology and means the Champ is the one giving the dick, while 'Catch' would be the Champ receiving the dick.

You mean this tooltip?
View attachment 21391
Which of those three words is unclear? :p
well, colour me surprised, i was sure there was no tooltip last time i checked
I guess baseball terms are lost on them.
never seen anything related to baseball in my life. probably never even heard the word spoken in real life.

Reactions: Kesil
Nov 19, 2019
I really wish the game let me choose which characters I hate or not. I think is more of a writing problem than anything, one example is the game acting like I dislike Nakano for some reason (yeah he attacked me but so did like half the characters in this game) or disapprove of Kinu marriage without any input telling I actually feel that way. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the content if so feel free to correct me.

Lone Wolf115

Nakano for some reason (yeah he attacked me but so did like half the characters in this game) or disapprove of Kinu marriage without any input telling I actually feel that way. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the content if so feel free to correct me.
Well if you notice he shows the same dislike for you and he really doesn't want you around the den if you aren't Kitsune and when you are a Kitsune and Keros' Champion (I'm not sure on this but anyone feel free to correct me) he feels insulted or something similar.

Nov 19, 2019
Even if he dislikes me, I don't have any animosity towards him nor do I expect him to like me anytime soon if at all. I for one I'm glad Kiyoko is handling things and taking care of the kits lives while I'm out there cracking heads . When I got the news that Kinu was getting married I felt actually happy that she didn't grew stunted because of the orb. I don't think I'll ever hate him even if by the end of the game my relationship with him end up as this:
13565544542412244.png

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Well if you notice he shows the same dislike for you and he really doesn't want you around the den if you aren't Kitsune and when you are a Kitsune and Keros' Champion (I'm not sure on this but anyone feel free to correct me) he feels insulted or something similar.
Listen, I know that you are naming all the logistics as to why he and I should be at each other throats but I'd still fuck him.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
Another thing is that I wish we could give her something to help in her quests. I don't expect we fight her battles but at least show some support, like giving a consumable or god forbid teaching her one of our powers; considering her and the PC ability for quick learning if would be a nice show of bounding, but that's a topic for the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.