Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I don't want to see them get impregated by my lovers.
That's fine, but some people do. It's pretty much universally optional content, so don't press the button that makes it happen if you don't want it to happen :)

I mean didn't ppl get ballistic when it was possible for Rindo to get impregnated by Hitoshi or Nakano?
No, not really. The reaction to Rindo and El was quite muted once those pieces of content got in; I don't think I've actually seen anyone complain about Rindo at all. You're welcome cuz I really went to bat for making Rindo Concubine as accessible as possible.

but like wasn't this game basically power fantasy story
Also: no.

But for Ryn's case will the player actually have a choice beside growing a vagina and have Ryn's child?
Yes. Whether that'll actually be a scene in-game or something that happens in the epilogue I'm kinda fuzzy about, but it's highly unlikely that you'll accidentally get an ending where the Ridell line ends with her just because you aren't a breeder.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Their scenes when pc is pregnant is cute which is why I like them. But idk isn't their major thing is impreg fetish though? And as Animalistic mentioned considering how minotaurs and orcs reputations are seems like it's the case they have bastards.

Anyhow....how do I mutliquote things? I don't want to add gazaillion notifications.
There are couple of ways of replying to multiply people.
You can just reply to on multiply comments in one reply.
You can quote comment, found right next to reply and click "insert your quote" right next to "attach file" when first replying.

Reactions: luciel1331

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Sorry for long rant and complaining. Ah but small win for me bc Alyphia's writing is so good her writing is a fucking blessing for players with vagina wielding champ and her writing with Ryn so far is a freaking treasure trove. Just started Serena's content and mmf it's mwah chef's kiss
bk_ryn_blush.png

That's gracious of you to say! Thank youuuu

Jan 10, 2017
Minor gripe here, but I figured I would bring it up while the thread is on the topic of pregnancy. Seems maybe a little dumb to me that of all the Orcs in the Kervus camp that can be impregnated, Ragnild is the only one that sends the kids back to the islands. At least of the major 4. Arona, Hretha, and Infrith all send their children to the Nursery, but Rag's scene mentions it "being the Kervus way" to send the children back to the Islands as if everyone does it. Again, just a small complaint that doesn't affect much.

Squid

Sep 1, 2021
Yes. Whether that'll actually be a scene in-game or something that happens in the epilogue I'm kinda fuzzy about, but it's highly unlikely that you'll accidentally get an ending where the Ridell line ends with her just because you aren't a breeder.
Well thats something.

I'll admit I was very frustrated I play a male character and liked that Ryn was a small genitaled submissive (as far as Im aware not many characters like that in the game, even nicol has a giant dick). So the like final real capstone of the content appearing to be Ryn's getting a large dick (based on what I saw from the comissioned art dont know if that deviates) and then either impregnating femplayers or Elethara felt like...I dont want to say a bait and switch but a disappointing end.

If there is any like, child interaction planned, Id take a Lumia handwave or whatever. If not then a vague allusion to having kids in the epilogue without a real explanation would work to.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Well thats something.

I'll admit I was very frustrated I play a male character and liked that Ryn was a small genitaled submissive (as far as Im aware not many characters like that in the game, even nicol has a giant dick). So the like final real capstone of the content appearing to be Ryn's getting a large dick (based on what I saw from the comissioned art dont know if that deviates) and then either impregnating femplayers or Elethara felt like...I dont want to say a bait and switch but a disappointing end.

If there is any like, child interaction planned, Id take a Lumia handwave or whatever. If not then a vague allusion to having kids in the epilogue without a real explanation would work to.
I'm not Savin, but I think Savin was referring to the possibility that Elthara could be the one to bear Etheryn's heir in that post? I don't think anything was suggesting that Etheryn would bear the champion's children instead.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, about that... have you seen Convocation of Mirrors. Because if so this post is highly relevant.
that has nothing to do with what hes asking about :p
Wild idea, but I can see Lumia gifting a same sex couple a child like how the Harvest God from Harvest Moon could. Wouldn't be too far out for a Goddess of fertility to pull a stunt like that off.
she would totally do this.

iamthetransient

Jun 27, 2019
Honestly, at this point, it's the lack of progressive narrative content... Or at least anything that's even adjacent to it.
The last significant beat was the Winter City, which is two months away from being two years ago.
The amount of filler, fluff, and generally 'writer specific' smut seems to be building like a snowball rolling down a hill, but getting any closer to any key choices seems to have fallen to the wayside.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Have you, like, not been playing a new version of the game since before last June? Because we've been getting steady content related to the next MSQ segment since then, with Khor'minos being in the game for the past five months or so and all of this includes two major quests getting started. The Siege of Khor'minos is the next major chunk of MSQ and Demon of Ice is a continuation of the unresolved Winter City plot threads.

For purposes of comparison, it took about eight months to go from the introduction of the Frostwood zone to the ability to enter the Winter City and the only reason that same expansion also included the culmination of Act 1 is that WC was never intended to be a hub area but just the setting for one dungeon that could later be expanded upon as needed. KM by contrast is a massive city zone unto itself and not just 'the next place where Plot Happens'.

Oh, and this shouldn't be news to anybody because Savin said (exactly a year ago) that Khor'minos was going to be a very long process that wouldn't be complete until later this year. We're also apparently a bit ahead of schedule.

Last edited:

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Honestly, I'm not particularly intersted in the main story or most of the lore, though I'm happy for those who like it when they get it. I'm just here for the characters & relationship building. And the adorable pregnancy content. So if it takes them literally another ten years to finish the story, I'm not pushed, as long as the characters are good.

I mean the smut is a plus too, but I figured it was a given I'm here for that as well.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
A little gripe I had is that we had to ask Brint for his permission if we could fuck his sister. Even as a DK, high corrupt creature oh chaos.
Like, do people do that? I assume that we are adults, and that Brints opinion should not really come into question.

Edit: PS I think it is how it was presented that bothers me more than content surrounding it. Feels that if Brint said no to us advancing on his sister, we would disregard her as sexual partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: pinkcaitgang

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
How long it takes before we continue with the main questline.

Last edited:

calkhi

Jan 28, 2022
There is no actual romance path with Kas. She's just a shell. A McGuffin to advance the story.

Hear me out a sec. What we have in the game now is built on sex, lies, and half truths which are no better than a lie. There is no real open communication with her, nor the ability to just sit down and talk about how the PC is, feels, and thinks. We don't ask her how her day is going, we don't really actually get to know her past from her. From the PC's point, she is an entirely unknown variable that they're either somewhat or diametrically opposed to. We're never given the option in the encounters with her to get to learn about even an inkling of this without submitting to someone who wants to use and abuse us. The rest of the information we glean is questionable at best, outright wrong at worst.
What I fear the most is that her daughters, despite still having their souls, are going to be EXACTLY the same. Even the one who willingly comes to you to get away from her own mother's plans. Even if it's only for a little while.
I feel like we're given two options. Kill her, or submit to her and her plans. I also feel like we're being told that the only correct path is to kill her, submit to her, or die. I don't want to kill someone before giving them the chance to understand my point of view. It all feels incredibly one sided, like I'm being told that I'm wrong for wanting something else. Yet a real relationship is one that is founded on understanding, communication, trust, and just a bit of compromise. Sure, the PC may never be able to get her to become a pure individual, but she should understand that she shouldn't be forcing her own views on her partner. (Or others, for that matter.)
With all the other partners in all the other games, you're given a chance to get to know them from their mouths, get a feel of what they want and like. The nature of the world might lead to a lot of spontaneous sex, sure, but you still get to know them.
Kas? You're expected to love her instantly. To want to love her instantly, but she's just a hollow shell right now. She has no real substance. She doesn't even object to you killing things that might have very well come from her own womb nor does she stop you from messing around with her plans. You have no interaction with her family, and to top it ALL off, she wasn't even SUPPOSED to come through that portal. Nor was she supposed to bring an army though. She's being chased by what is implied to be a void god or at least a powerful void being of lesser standing that easily destroys her entire army. Which we can thus assume is the same result if the portal is closed with her army en-route.
Believe me, I want to love Kas, but I just can't. It's not a matter of compromise, it's a matter of it just feeling utterly wrong from a PC's point of view. Now, it's not so wrong with a "corrupt" PC, but it still feels utterly empty with absolutely no road for redemption in sight.

Of course, that's just how I feel about her right now. All of my opinions could change drastically with the next major story patch with my fears becoming nothing more than paranoid delusions. Yet, with how rail roaded into one side or the other we are, I really don't think this is going to change one bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: saltwortsimp

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Isn't it kinda weird that the term "trappy" keeps coming up? Considering how Etheryn is (probably) pretty good trans representation, and the game treats Brienne pretty decently iirc? Like idk but from what I've heard that isn't a respectful term to use and there are easier ones like "feminine"

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Fantasy erotica isn't real life. Also, Etheryn isn't trans, as she was always that way: half-sex is a thing when it comes to boreal elves.
Traps aren't trans either: they just simply choose the "dude looks like a lady" appearance. (Note to future readers: this was typed before Berwyn's expansion.)

Last edited:

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Fantasy erotica isn't real life. Also, Etheryn isn't trans, as she was always that way: half-sex is a thing when it comes to boreal elves.
I'm not gonna fight the battle of "fiction affects our perception in the real world" here bc a) that's very obvious and b) that really isn't the point, the point is that if trans people are playing this game (which they likely are), they probably won't love seeing that term. It's just being considerate.

Also ya, regarding Etheryn, I'm aware. She went from being a princeling, as Hethia stated, to being a princess, as Hethia stated. You could say she... swapped gender roles, perhaps even trans'ed them

TheShepard256

Also ya, regarding Etheryn, I'm aware. She went from being a princeling, as Hethia stated, to being a princess, as Hethia stated. You could say she... swapped gender roles, perhaps even trans'ed them
Hethia calling Ryn a 'princeling' during Dog Days was deliberate misgendering because she wanted to antagonise her. The truth is that Ryn has always identified as a woman, which many half-sexed boreal elves do, so she's technically not transgender (by her people's standards, at least) and has definitely not swapped any gender roles.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Ryn is naturally intersex, one of about ten percent of the boer'alvar who are born with characteristics of both male and female (hence the term 'half-sexed') and like most of them, she identifies as female. This is stuff you can get out of her Talk scenes and the codex entry. If you're curious how the game code identifies gender you can see it here. Hethia is deliberately being a bitch in that scene and insulting Ryn despite knowing full well that she's half-sexed. There's also a bit of holdover in that scene from the original concept for Ryn, where she was male and was forcibly feminized by Alissa. That didn't survive into Ryn's actual introduction in the game but some early scenes that were written beforehand have echos of it. This is also why Tui's conversation about Ryn has her think that the latter is older than she is when in fact it's the opposite; Tui's more than four times older than Ryn. It simply hasn't been fixed yet.

Also, 'trap' in this context refers to someone who is biologically male, identifies as male and has feminine features. That's not Ryn; in game terms she'd be considered shemale, which also isn't the most polite term but it's what the game uses and since the gender code can't really distinguish between naturally intersex characters and ones who transition, it's kind of what we're stuck with.

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Ah gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Gennevie

Aug 23, 2021
Follow up question for any of the devs who pop up occasionally in this thread, I'm curious about whether any of the posts we make in here matter.

I don't know if there's a better place to make posts about a feature or tweak to the game, but I'd just like someone to let me know whether the post I made a little while ago about an on/off switch for the "Scene By: X" tag was even noticed. If it was, is it something you'd be willing to do? Is there a reason you wouldn't? Is it just considered too unimportant to be added to someone's "to do" list?
I'd just like to know so I don't need to wonder if I should be looking for opportunities to suggest it elsewhere.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'd just like someone to let me know whether the post I made a little while ago about an on/off switch for the "Scene By: X" tag was even noticed. If it was, is it something you'd be willing to do?
Noticed, and no, we're not willing to do that.

Many people submit their work to the game pro bono; accreditation is the only compensation they ask for, so hiding that would be a disservice to them.

Plus then people would keep pestering the wrong writers about the wrong content. Not that they don't already, but it'd be worse.

Gennevie

Aug 23, 2021
Noticed, and no, we're not willing to do that.

Many people submit their work to the game pro bono; accreditation is the only compensation they ask for, so hiding that would be a disservice to them.

Plus then people would keep pestering the wrong writers about the wrong content. Not that they don't already, but it'd be worse.
Even if it's just an optional on/off switch like it is in TiTS?
I know credits are important and I don't want to remove them, but just having a show/hide button would really make my personal experience better and I think make the game feel more unified than it does.
That shouldn't cause people to pester the wrong writers any more than they do, checking could be as simple as it is to change the artist whose portrait you see. We also don't see the artist's name at all times unless we check the portrait.

I hope you'll reconsider. It bothers me more than it should maybe, but the more I progress in the game the more it starts to get to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.