Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Well Cait is just proving a point and Lusamine was insulting her faith so. I agree about pure PCs.
Don't matter, Cait is petty too, she insults those like the shrine sisters.. I mean come on she spreads her legs because of some faith for some dude.. I too would laugh in her face. Apparently marriage for Cait might happen, I for one will steer clear of that.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Hmm sorry to reply late to this, but is there a specific reason why in your post the training issue wasn't addressed? It seems as though only specific points were addressed.
The training issue in question, as seen here:
Presumably the same reason why everybody else doesn't devote specific discussion to every individual point in a post to which they respond. You can discuss the overall nature of a claim without necessarily engaging each individual point in detail. Training falls under the same overarching point that I was making earlier: it is a thing that takes time, not in order to impose a cost in days (because days are not a finite resource to spend, so there is no real cost) but to impute a sense that "a thing takes time".
That would lead me to ask, then what's the point of doing so in the first place? If it's to be "optional" to sleep (aside from level ups) then why force sleep instances via specific events / interactions? Would that then be defended by saying that the instances of forced sleep are entirely "optional" in of themselves?
Like I said, I don't think masturbation should force sleep, because that can waste the player's time IRL (as distinct from a cost in days): an action taken to relieve arousal can result in not actually relieving arousal. I don't see the same problem with training sometimes forcing sleep, because it doesn't waste the player's time. Seems fairly straightforward.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Don't matter, Cait is petty too, she insults those like the shrine sisters.. I mean come on she spreads her legs because of some faith for some dude.. I too would laugh in her face. Apparently marriage for Cait might happen, I for one will steer clear of that.
FWIW, I think both the scene of her being extra pushy with Lusamine and her catfight with Miko and Mai are intended as mostly humorous and had the writers steer a bit past the mark with her characterisation. Though since the content got in, the devs likely don't agree with the second part of my assessment, or don't consider it a major issue.

In any case, even at her worst Cait still brings a lot of positivity, curiosity and empathy to the table. She is the Heart of our merry band of misfits and is shown to stick by the Champ no matter what. That ought to count for something. On the other hand marrying a genuine polyamorist is a tough ask, and I also can't get with the idea even in games.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Some part of me wonders if people just want an excuse to hate the entire reason the PC is even doing this stuff/became what they are. Because Cait is the least extreme out of the entire band of misfits.
Can you elaborate what you mean by that? I feel like, while champion did help Cait, the reason for why they are on this quest has more to do with Kas then has to do with cait. She just jumpstartex this whole thing. She is the start-up engine, not the wheel.

Anf eveb if she was, why would people hate her for that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
She is the Heart of our merry band of misfits and is shown to stick by the Champ no matter what. That ought to count for something.
Indeed she is VERY loyal. But not exactly the heart of our band of misfits... I mean... my band of misfits. Because ever since I had her in the party for Atani's marriage, I've replaced her with Etheryn.

On the other hand marrying a genuine polyamorist is a tough ask, and I also can't get with the idea even in games.
Marry Cait? But...why? Aside from the content that is likely planned for such marriage (I've seen people commenting on discord of a slut wife marriage where instead of "congratulate the bride" there is "fuck the bride"), that is. Feels more like something one would do while smashed in Vegas.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Marry Cait? But...why? Aside from the content that is likely planned for such marriage (I've seen people commenting on discord of a slut wife marriage where instead of "congratulate the bride" there is "fuck the bride"), that is. Feels more like something one would do while smashed in Vegas.
I have no idea if Savin has said on Discord anything about that being something the player could actually do at some future point (cause I'm not over there) but the idea of how a Mallachite initiate's marriage works is mentioned in the game, by Amina if you talk to her at Catte Temple. And it's basically all the attendees fuck the couple. It's noted to specifically be for marriages between two initiates, though if one party isn't but wants it, something could probably be arranged.

As for why, hey, some people find that idea hot. I've got one Champ who would think nothing of a wedding ceremony that's basically a huge gangbang.

Last edited:

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Why does time spent per day have any meaning to you? The day counter doesn't matter in-game except as a way for the player to tell how much time has elapsed between events (e.g. between conception and birth). You're not racing the clock. If you spend the canonical two or three months on a single save, that's fine. If you spend four hundred years in-game, that's also fine. This feels like a you problem, not a gameplay problem.
It's true that in general you're not racing the clock, but in Cait's content there is one thing where timing definitely matters. Namely rescuing Calla. I have no idea if there are plans to add content where you do save her, since most of the characters with knowledge of portals seem quite pessimistic, but we do know for a fact that the portal only opens once a year for a short period of time.

In my first playthrough I actually waited around a bunch just to see if something would happen on the 365th day and was disappointed when the one year anniversary went unacknowledged.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It's true that in general you're not racing the clock, but in Cait's content there is one thing where timing definitely matters. Namely rescuing Calla. I have no idea if there are plans to add content where you do save her, since most of the characters with knowledge of portals seem quite pessimistic, but we do know for a fact that the portal only opens once a year for a short period of time.

In my first playthrough I actually waited around a bunch just to see if something would happen on the 365th day and was disappointed when the one year anniversary went unacknowledged.

Timing absolutely does not matter, and the canonical time period of a couple of months has absolutely nothing to do with the day counter.

If you played for 365 days in the original, another champion did not pop out either.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021

Calla's situation being resolved is probably something reserved for the endgame, or being part of the ending itself.

Moreover, that particular portal requires one to toss someone in to trade for someone else from the other side. How would one coordinate that? If the champ simply crossed, they might be stuck on the other side for a whole year before being able to come back.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I have no idea if there are plans to add content where you do save her, since most of the characters with knowledge of portals seem quite pessimistic, but we do know for a fact that the portal only opens once a year for a short period of time.
I have literally no idea what plans Savin and co have for Calla but I feel it's necessary to point out that the portal at the temple is not the only way to get to/from Mareth.

I was gonna say more but The Observer beat me to it.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I have literally no idea what plans Savin and co have for Calla but I feel it's necessary to point out that the portal at the temple is not the only way to get to/from Mareth.

I was gonna say more but The Observer beat me to it.
Aside from other portals...which other way there would be?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, there's the first portal Kas tried constructing in the Winter City which worked (briefly) and she's planning to have another go at it so we don't strictly need to worry about the temple's portal and its activation conditions from a narrative perspective since other options may be available.

Also, Lusina's claymore fell out of a portal as well, so it's possible there are more potential portal locations out there waiting to be found.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Everyone's out here shit talking Cait, and here I am just pissy that the temple didn't give me an anubian TF and more than one jackal girl for all the effort it took. Forget making Cait happy, I want more Jassiran delights to be imported and am salty about it. But I'm salty about everything.

Also everything is Cait's fault. I don't know how, but it is.

Lone Wolf115

Everyone's out here shit talking Cait, and here I am just pissy that the temple didn't give me an anubian TF and more than one jackal girl for all the effort it took. Forget making Cait happy, I want more Jassiran delights to be imported and am salty about it. But I'm salty about everything.

Also everything is Cait's fault. I don't know how, but it is.
I get the anubian TF but you can't be mad at her about that be mad at her two anubian friends, they didn't bring anything of a sort then there's the hair stylist.

Cait is like a kitten, she will make a mess and is frustrating but you can't stay mad at her, I'm not mad at her in any way. I do want to charge into Mareth and bring Calla back tho, all by myself.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Or just marry the floof, surrender thyself to the floof, give all worldly possessions to the floof. Also your not gonna gonna let go the fact that Ryn is never going to have one huh? I think thats gone beyond a gripe and into something almost personal.
Kind off funny tho. You, her lover, go out of your way to help her, get her dick free and she goes "Thank you, my champion! You do not know how much this means to me my love. But can you just wait a moment. Need to fulfil my duty as a Queen and get my people a future successor. And since you, you know, can not help the task I will require different participant. Brb. Still love ya!"
Who says that doing good is always right. Well, than again vagina players got screwed over by Kiyoko so this is a payback of sorts. So all evens out.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Ironic that The floofy and the ranger queens "endgames" are locked behind certain equipment requirements. Guess its funny how the content there tied to are within spitting distance of eachother on the map. At least with Ryn you dont have to worry about the absolute fear the PC feels after some scenes if shes in the party with Kiyoko lol, that and the fact im 90% sure shes going to orchestrate every kitsune the PC knocks up at this point.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Lusina's claymore fell out of a portal as well, so it's possible there are more potential portal locations out there waiting to be found.
Not a portal from Mareth, though. There are other portals in the world but they lead to other places.

Personally I think it's one portal per destination per plane.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Personally I think it's one portal per destination per plane.
Makes me wonder if Kas's portal in WC was the genuine thing opened elsewhere, an entirely artificial thing outside of that "rule", or it wasn't a portal to Mareth at all.

Lone Wolf115

Makes me wonder if Kas's portal in WC was the genuine thing opened elsewhere, an entirely artificial thing outside of that "rule", or it wasn't a portal to Mareth at all.
If it wasn't to Mareth then how did she get her Dragon "daughters" because they are in Mareth.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Timing absolutely does not matter, and the canonical time period of a couple of months has absolutely nothing to do with the day counter.

If you played for 365 days in the original, another champion did not pop out either.
I haven't played the original so my understanding is imperfect, but to me there is a distinct difference in not having another champion arrive from offscreen a year later with no prompting, and not having a character with an explicitly stated and repeated goal take action towards it.

I do understand that basically anything to do with getting back Calla is probably going to be story related instead of time related, but it just felt a little weird is what I'm saying.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Rampent Pervect

Aug 21, 2018
Then the Romance Path would imply that there was a wraith in Mareth. If there are wraiths there, that world's fucked ten ways to sunday.

I'm fairly certain that the Wraiths live in a sort of dimension/space/whatever that exists between worlds. A portal cuts through that space, and if a Wraith finds it they can use it to enter one of the worlds on either end of it.

Lone Wolf115

Then the Romance Path would imply that there was a wraith in Mareth. If there are wraiths there, that world's fucked ten ways to sunday.
No. The Wraith showed up because of the magic of the portal and the power of it weakened the veil that separates the two "worlds" and I don't mean literal worlds just different planes, at some point it was said the mages around just before the Gods War did the same thing they weakened the veil. Like Dragon Age Inquisition but still completely different.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Not a portal from Mareth, though. There are other portals in the world but they lead to other places.
Duly noted.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, something else can happen in that scene that makes this pretty obvious: If you lose and don't literally kiss ass, Kasyrra will toss you through the portal and you'll end up in one of several possible locations on Mareth for different flavors of Bad End.

As a side note, the fact that nothing has to go through the portal from the Savarra side to have the dragon generals pop out on our end makes it clear that the two-way exchange we see with the temple portal (and the Ingnam portal in CoC1) is either not a mandatory part of the process or at least it doesn't apply to all portals connecting the two worlds.

Lone Wolf115

I do wonder if some kind of treatment would have to be administered to all demons after and if Kas finds a way to have true demons be born. Because wouldn't all the demons be for that still give birth to imps? Just a thought.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I do wonder if some kind of treatment would have to be administered to all demons after and if Kas finds a way to have true demons be born. Because wouldn't all the demons be for that still give birth to imps? Just a thought.
I doubt it. Kas doesn't seem to care about other demons and considering the amount of effort she's going through to prepare a soul strong enough to make birthing true demons possible I can't see her doing it for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.