What is your wish list for characters?

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
No you must be thinking someone else referring to Tycris. Jassira's had a few bad rulers but the country has been doing lot's of trading moreso than ever before.
Sources: Farah, Catfolk codex entry.
I had the source wrong, but not the content. If you talk to Farrah (thanks for pointing me in that direction) about Jassira with Cait in the party, here's what the pink kitty has to say:

"Though I think that last part might be a little misleading! Jassira's probably the wealthiest country in the world now, but it pales in comparison to its former glory. Even if we're proportionally more powerful than ever, it's only because all the Sultanate's old trading partners crumbled. I doubt we'll ever see the same volume of trade and travellers again as in the old days."

They're better off than anyone else, but they're less than what they used to be.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I had the source wrong, but not the content. If you talk to Farrah (thanks for pointing me in that direction) about Jassira with Cait in the party, here's what the pink kitty has to say:

"Though I think that last part might be a little misleading! Jassira's probably the wealthiest country in the world now, but it pales in comparison to its former glory. Even if we're proportionally more powerful than ever, it's only because all the Sultanate's old trading partners crumbled. I doubt we'll ever see the same volume of trade and travellers again as in the old days."

They're better off than anyone else, but they're less than what they used to be.
huh, I guess I haven't talked to her with Cait in the party. Even so that was back when Belhar was at it's peak. I suspect every country took a big hit after the gods war, the country is still improving even if it isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: JBento

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
huh, I guess I haven't talked to her with Cait in the party. Even so that was back when Belhar was at it's peak. I suspect every country took a big hit after the gods war, the country is still improving even if it isn't what it used to be.
Yeah, Jassira's wealth appears to be heavily reliant on trade, and sustained trade at the wealth level of nation relies on there being a bunch of people you can trade with that are also producing a bunch of wealth so they have things to sell you and they can afford the things you're selling, so when Belhar imploded and everything went down the shitter, trade took a heavy hit. On the upside, it means Jassira doesn't actually have to invest much money itself - other countries getting better means Jassira is better off. On the downside, if the demon invasion gets there, they're fucked unless they somehow (someow, heh) have mass access to the Ways Between, because long-range overland trade becomes a big no-no.

They're certainly better off than Tronarii, who're dead in the water if, or more likely when, iron working becomes a thing again (outside of the Old Country).

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You know who ALSO was widely beloved by the Winter City half-wits? Alyssa. Right up to the point people saw her turn into a demon and fly away.
This is deeply silly and you know it. Reductio ad Alissam. Being popular and well-loved is actually a good thing. We know Alissa is bad in spite of, not because of, her popularity. The late King Dowager did nothing even remotely as awful as the other things that Alissa did.
Ryn's dad was an absolute fuckwit who had two daughters to raise, a kingdom to run, and a racial schism to fix, but that was too much like work and we can't have that, so the responsibility-shirking motherfucker decided to go boar hunting instead. And by "boar hunting" I mean lazying about on a bridge while Elyon did all the actual work. And he couldn't even do THAT right. That boar deserves a medal. In fact, fuck it, here it is:

I dub thee Sir Bacon, removal of useless fuckwits. You were too good for this kingdom.
Ryn's dad is basically a Leofric, but on a larger scale.
The idea of monarch-as-glorified-office-worker is relatively modern and, for this period, extremely silly. They are not there to write letters, fill out forms, and give orders every second of their waking lives. Monarchs exhibit their prowess in war and, when there's no war, they hunt. That's just a Thing That They Do. It's part of the cultural edifice of monarch as war leader, a way to demonstrate their warrior bona fides to their nobility and their people, a way to network with that nobility...and it's also a way for them to have fun, because people like to have fun. Yes, it's a potentially dangerous activity; this is, of course, the Bronze Age, and lots of things are potentially dangerous activities, and no less normal because of them.

At no point is the late King Dowager described as only ever being a hunter, or never being interested in actually making decisions that thus went badly because of his supposed laziness. Elyon does not say that he abdicated his responsibilities either parental or monarchical, nor does he describe him as indolent. He even points out that hunting is one of the main causes of accidental death for aristocrats, and he fondly remembers the late King Dowager's hunts with him.

Meanwhile, we've got you over here, praising the boar that killed a basically normal boreal elven monarch and father and that, in so doing, consigned Etheryn to decades of abuse and over a decade of actual sexual slavery to her own sister.

Leofric isn't in the same ballpark. There's no one in the game that portrays the late King Dowager as being a turd. The game text goes out of its way to portray him as a good and kindly man with the intention of giving Ryn a poor-orphan backstory and tugging the heartstrings about how lovely her life could have been with her lovely parents if only they hadn't died before their time. By comparison, there are actual PoV characters who complain about what the Marked Merk Mercs are - or aren't - doing. The difference should be pretty obvious.
Ryn's non-dickgirl grandmother literally starved the dickgirl grandmother and her own entire harem to death, for the incredible crime of checks notes not wanting to fuck her. They've been restless ghosts for the past fuck-if-I-know-how-many-centuries because of her.
As has already been discussed, Synneva wasn't imprisoned for the sex strike. She was imprisoned because she and the other die-hard druids refused to convert - in fact, as her dialogue reveals, she didn't want any elves to convert to the worship of Lumia. But the druids remaining in power and keeping the rest of the realm from converting was obviously a non-starter. Since the worship of Lumia was what would save them and their children from annihilation, while the wyld trees had successfully managed to do exactly nothing during the war while their people died in droves, the Lumian elves were not terribly interested in staying druid. And you can imagine how the rest of the elves felt about the druids, who had had a lock on power and wealth and religious control for centuries and yet could do nothing to keep elves from being slaughtered by the Wraiths...and who insisted that racial self-immolation was better than trying to worship the goddess who had turned back disaster.

Atheldred and Synneva - and the Godswar-era druids and Lumian elves as a whole - did terrible things to each other, certainly. They were also living during the middle of the apocalypse and faced extremely difficult choices. Even within the context of Crypt Dungeon, which is related mostly from Synneva's point of view, Atheldred isn't portrayed as a complete monster. She's portrayed as someone that Synneva loves, despite everything that happened between Lumians and druids, and the game outcome of reuniting them is a good thing with the best consequences. One would imagine that an actual Lumian elf would hold Atheldred in even higher regard, as the woman who saved their civilization from extinction.

Last edited:

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
I mean, Atheldred was behind the whole mining renovation thing, which according to the jotun wasn't an issue at the start, so clearly SOME rulers enact pretty important changes. Though technically that might still be in the iron age, I guess.

Are we ever told when the whole Glacial Abyss prospecting project started going sideways?

EDIT: I went to recheck the information, and apparently Atheldred actually developed the tools and techniques for the sifting, so she was sort of an engineer? And yeah, it was during the Iron Age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avallonkao

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
he reminds me a lot of GoT's Robert Baratheon, who was an incompetent buffoon at ruling who basically did no ruling because he found it boring (actually, Bob ALSO died via boar while hunting and no blame could be determined, so maybe he actually WAS the inspiration for Ryn's dad?)
Yep, nailed it on the head.
Probably by design since, in a video game, you need the characters to run around and fix problems. That means you need everything to be in shambles.
:D
Are we ever told when the whole Glacial Abyss prospecting project started going sideways?
I don't think it's explicitly stated in-game as yet, but it's very recent -- during the last years of Alissa's reign.

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
Yep, nailed it on the head.
Oh man, you're not going to improve my opinion of literally anybody by telling me they were inspired by Bobby B.
I don't think it's explicitly stated in-game as yet, but it's very recent -- during the last years of Alissa's reign.
And since Alissa couldn't be arsed to do any actual ruling and therefore the influx of elves onto the glacier is probably the result of natural migration after resources instead of royal malicious decree, this whole shebang might actually be solveable without me having to bash TOO many valkyrie heads in.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Was Alissa always incompetent? As in Sister, ruler? Or was it because her parents died? I find Alissa interesting.. in a way I would happily have her as a sex slave like Ja'eyln.. let poor Ryn show her sister the same mercy she was shown. Absolutely nought.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
Was Alissa always incompetent? As in Sister, ruler? Or was it because her parents died?
Alissa didn't become a ruler until her father died, and her mum died before that, so we'll never know on that front. Though the ridiculous ease with which she goes full demon might suggest that getting orphaned wasn't the only factor?

If I understood things correctly, Ryn's mum died giving birth to her and Alissa blamed and resented her for it, so I guess she was a shitty sister and a shitty ruler as soon as she qualified for those positions. She was never given full rein to be a shitty sister until their dad got a fatal case of tusk poisoning, though.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Ooh Lumian sounds interesting.. once her godly TF is in I will have to play another playthrough and not romance Kas.

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
I've been getting more into using Atugia, so I'd like to see more content for her in general. I like her recent content with Brienne. Wouldn't mind if she got a new combat form (unless she already has one I've overlooked). Maybe switching from a tanky support to a damage nightmare. Idk. I've just been feeling her lately and wanna see more.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I prefer when my Ryn is more androgynous.

Do wonder how her demomic form is going to look for my dickgirl/corrupt playthrough.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Nah, early 20s something is where I am at. Why settle for a MILF/DILF when you can make one (or dozens) yourself.
Hot GILFs are hot though.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Pretty sure the new Cait TF were getting is essentially MILF Cait, or just her with a little more umph.

Avallonkao

Oct 31, 2021
Pretty sure the new Cait TF were getting is essentially MILF Cait, or just her with a little more umph.
Hmm not sure it would count as a Milf Cait. Also, I never got any interest in any kind of TF stuff tbh.

But that requires a lot of Minotaur cum which I am not a fan off. So pass for me.
And Yeah, if that's the requirement, I'll pass that too, Besides I like the original Cait, wouldn't change her.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I dont think its mino cum, its probably something in the same vein as Leo Cait, though I leofied her cause she wanted it and gods be damned shes fucking cuter with the extra fluff.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I dont think its mino cum, its probably something in the same vein as Leo Cait, though I leofied her cause she wanted it and gods be damned shes fucking cuter with the extra fluff.
If it is the Cait thickening thing, it's mino cum. Only thing is that to get her to grow thicc on mino cum the champ has to participate somehow in the scene. I'm waiting for a way to just sic her on some minotaurs until it happens.

Unlerss there's another TF for her in the works.

• Wow
Reactions: Burnerbro