What Content Would You Like Added?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Lancer It's LoL joke/meme for Sora.

It was pledge... well then I count way it will be added would satisfy most fans of the game.

She would let us try this "super secret" ship on start. I make bets it would be blamant put in one of blog post in a way most will still overlook it and keep ask what's ^^

irioth

May 12, 2016
If and when a faction system does get added to the game, it would be nifty if it provides writers opportunity to start adding remarks in dialogue that reflect the quest achievements of the PC and the growing fame that comes with them. E.g. if Steele has been successful with getting a lot of probes, or otherwise doing a lot of stuff that benefits SteeleTech, it would be nice if NPC start making remarks that they think the PC shall be successful in their quest to claim their inheritance, they look forward to them becoming CEO, and so on. If Steele saves Tarkus or Myrellion from destruction, NPC tied to those planets start to become extra nice or grateful to Steele, and so on. To a degree, this already happens in the game, but usually only with the characters that were directly tied to specific quests. It would be nice if it becomes a more generalized pattern.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think Gedan also implied it would cost over One Million Dollars.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I think Gedan also implied it would cost over One Million Dollars.

Thank goodness for Dr. Lash then *Sits happily upon a pile of 10 million credits* :D

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah with Lash still as it's now any price will be not an issue to get new shiny battleship :D

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Stuff I'd like to (but don't expect to) see:
-Some more non-Rush planets like Ausaril
-One of the capitol ships is the Ausar king's flagship
-A tech ability that converts shield energy into ability energy (that way, you're not technically restoring energy and it's a double-edged sword to use it)

As for the mostly female slimes thing, I just assumed it was because slimes want to take in fluid more than give it away since it also doubles as their body mass.

What is that one race only found in silly mode? I think the name for them was ganrael or something like that? Were they slime-people or something else?

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Oh it's a queen? I thought I remember reading somewhere that Ausaril had a king and that he could declare war on the galaxy because of the size of his massive, throbbing...fleet...

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Those silly enc in myrellion caves are gangrel knights or similary named ones enemies. For sure it's some goo/slime race.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Given they ended as silly mode enc I not surpised they got males too. Thou does any goo/slime race can have genders like humans or animals have?
:iiam:

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Why are they a silly-mode-only race in the first place? Is it because the concept doesn't fit in with Fen's idea of how the universe operates? Or do they just behave in a silly manner (like everything else does)?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It not fit completly Fen concept for enemy that would be the deep caves. But I not rule out that the encounter wasn't entirely serious.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
@Lancer So we can also get world ships type ship too eventualy? Me wanna one please ^^
On that carrier I wonder how deep would be hidden that cheat to use...

On fractions well we'll see. Not remember atm if faction was offbeatr pledge so if they need add this in any form or not.

Also Ace in a sleeve...but noone expect the banana :p

A world ship? So an Eldar Craftworld? Neat.

Also, for that banana thing:

If and when a faction system does get added to the game, it would be nifty if it provides writers opportunity to start adding remarks in dialogue that reflect the quest achievements of the PC and the growing fame that comes with them. E.g. if Steele has been successful with getting a lot of probes, or otherwise doing a lot of stuff that benefits SteeleTech, it would be nice if NPC start making remarks that they think the PC shall be successful in their quest to claim their inheritance, they look forward to them becoming CEO, and so on. If Steele saves Tarkus or Myrellion from destruction, NPC tied to those planets start to become extra nice or grateful to Steele, and so on. To a degree, this already happens in the game, but usually only with the characters that were directly tied to specific quests. It would be nice if it becomes a more generalized pattern.

I kinda did something along these lines. I wrote a small event submission (the doc should still be in that thread) where a random fan girl in the DMZ on Myrellion spots the PC if they have defeated Quin Taivra, and then asks them to sign a body part.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Oh, from reading other threads, I've decided on another thing I'd like to see. Once space travel is in, a way to ship items to other planets to try and make a profit, complete with waifus and husbandos you can meet who are also in the shipping business. Get some intergalactic booty in more ways than one. Oh wait, pirates get booty. Then, I'd also like piracy in (not of) the game.

The faction system was scrapped, yes, but that was because it was decided that a 1-100 reputation scale wasn't the best way to show how the various groups view Steele. Factions will still be a thing, just in the form of the game checking if you got, for example, the Black Void friendly ending to Kara Quest 3, instead of checking if you have more than 40 reputation points.

I think it might be better as a combination of the two but add in a tier system to go along with it. Otherwise you could do something like side with the Black Void in KQ3 then completely shit on them the rest of the game and they would still be friendly. If you had a tiered reputation system you could still work your way back into good graces even if your starting reputation was shit. Having flags for important events would be nice as well because then they could be brought up in conversation.
"Well, even though you betrayed us at the battle for Gobwin Knob, you've shown us recently that you can be dependable. Alright, you can have sex with our harem."

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I think it might be better as a combination of the two but add in a tier system to go along with it. Otherwise you could do something like side with the Black Void in KQ3 then completely shit on them the rest of the game and they would still be friendly. If you had a tiered reputation system you could still work your way back into good graces even if your starting reputation was shit. Having flags for important events would be nice as well because then they could be brought up in conversation.
"Well, even though you betrayed us at the battle for Gobwin Knob, you've shown us recently that you can be dependable. Alright, you can have sex with our harem."
I'm not sure what a "tiered system" would be, and you don't explain it, but it sort of sounds like a points system that you've put tiers in. In no way did I say that the system being planned would hinge completely on the outcome of KQ3, and that anything that comes after would be irrelevant. I'm not even sure why you would come up with an alternative system that's more complicated, and has a near identical outcome.

You managed to roundly confuse me with this post, and it's actually written in (nearly) grammatically correct English.

0mKXcg1.gif

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Oh, from reading other threads, I've decided on another thing I'd like to see. Once space travel is in, a way to ship items to other planets to try and make a profit, complete with waifus and husbandos you can meet who are also in the shipping business. Get some intergalactic booty in more ways than one. Oh wait, pirates get booty. Then, I'd also like piracy in (not of) the game.

lol Fight Trade Build Think!

1000 internet points to anyone who knows what game that is from.

I'm not sure what a "tiered system" would be, and you don't explain it, but it sort of sounds like a points system that you've put tiers in. In no way did I say that the system being planned would hinge completely on the outcome of KQ3, and that anything that comes after would be irrelevant. I'm not even sure why you would come up with an alternative system that's more complicated, and has a near identical outcome.

You managed to roundly confuse me with this post, and it's actually written in (nearly) grammatically correct English.

0mKXcg1.gif

Rep system sounds vaguely familiar to the same game I'm referencing to.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
@Lancer I was using KQ3 as an example same as you (or that was my intention). You could make the outcome of certain events be remembered, and for certain individuals it could play a bigger part in their opinion of you.

The tiered reputation idea would be something like this. You have a range of reputation from 0 - 40 and a tier, say...neutral. When you go above 40 rep, you would go down to 0 and move up a tier (to something like friendly or acquaintances) and vice verse when you go below 0. The higher your tier, the more bonuses you could enjoy: reduced prices, skip fights and go straight to sex, etc. That was the idea I was thinking of.

These two things could be combined so that even if you are loved by that faction from your high rep, certain individuals in that faction wouldn't like you if you screwed gen over in certain events (i.e. Siding with Kara and not Shade). Does that explain it better? I'm pretty bad at explaining things.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
All joking aside though the fact that you can't bang a princess in this game (inb4 Jill) is a damn shame.

The heck you talking about Nooby? We can definitly bang a princess: Queen Taivra's daughter. Sure she's a bit forgettable, but she's still a princess.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
@Lancer I was using KQ3 as an example same as you (or that was my intention). You could make the outcome of certain events be remembered, and for certain individuals it could play a bigger part in their opinion of you.

The tiered reputation idea would be something like this. You have a range of reputation from 0 - 40 and a tier, say...neutral. When you go above 40 rep, you would go down to 0 and move up a tier (to something like friendly or acquaintances) and vice verse when you go below 0. The higher your tier, the more bonuses you could enjoy: reduced prices, skip fights and go straight to sex, etc. That was the idea I was thinking of.
We're arguing in circles here. That's literally exactly how the points system would work. What's going to be implemented is just manual coding of the character's responses to what the PC has done, instead of checking for a points score.

It's ultimately just a change in how it works under the hood. The only thing that changes for the player is that they won't get a fancy little rep number on their codex screen.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
This would undoubtedly require writers to create such in the dialogue of the characters that they create. It is relatively unlikely and if it does happen it will probably be in something that Fen or Savin writes.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Would the player at least have a mention of what their relationship is with a faction?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Fen ditched the whole idea of a points-based facion system a while ago, so this debate is pretty... wait for it... pointless.

Will you be able to side with some peeps and piss off others, as in the Kara vs Shade line? Yes. Will there be consequences to that later on? Up to the writer in question. Will you get a byzantine web of professional relationships which will impact your every conversation according to an arbitrary numerical register? No.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@EmperorG: Eh, I'll give you 0.5 princesses for that, then.

@Nonesuch: Good, it was unnecessary complexity that would have demanded a lot of time with relatively little payoff. Even the current consequences in the game are already "up to the writer", like you said and infrequent as it is.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@EmperorG Te same I thought or well close to the same first time I played build with Tavira in. Court the Queen and grab Princess to take on trip ove the galaxy ^^

@RanmaChan Yeah I not expect Inquisition from you :p

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I want more consensual D/s and also hypnosis.

Speaking of hypno, if you're a writer into hypno and interested in a commission, please PM me.