What content would you like added?

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
I'm already tired so will be just direct.

First I don't get that by posting in this thread I had to write a full document, what do you think is the chance that whatever is said here gets done? zero. I originally thought that it would be fun to comment and other people comment and all that, but it did get into a debate, sometimes not even that about the implementation and how a vaguely defined idea that was.

People, i didn't make a full 100 page document about stuff nor did I prepare how to implement it.

Second the reason I got tired is cause you can say whatever you want but the whole situation is you interpreting the worst possible outcome and not going over that. I just thought sharing an idea could be fun, by no means it is perfect and it would need heavy reviewing and thinking to make it into something okay to implement. So congratulations on showing how an idea in itself isn't ready to implement.

I don't know why did I even bother to enter a debate over something that wasn't even meant for that, on that aspect is my mistake. Would I find it fun that territories could change based on corruption? hell yeah, would I find it fun a more reactive world balanced so that it doesn't get annoying? yeah. Do I expect that to happen? to be fair not at all.

So gonna leave it at that, forget my sin and move along if possible.
The general summary is that it is too much work to carry out your idea, not necessarily because it is bad or something similar. I honestly think they should have told you that as a final point (which is what developers commonly do) from the beginning to avoid wasting time on both sides and do not worry, these conflicts happen very often in this forum and I doubt that it is the last time.

Reactions: Kesil and DawnCry

DawnCry

Sep 18, 2016
The general summary is that it is too much work to carry out your idea, not necessarily because it is bad or something similar. I honestly think they should have told you that as a final point (which is what developers commonly do) from the beginning to avoid wasting time on both sides and do not worry, these conflicts happen very often in this forum and I doubt that it is the last time.
To be fair on that aspect I'm guilty, Wolfram said directly at the start that it would be too much work and I answered that some of the stuff I would consider it worth it for the time used which made the debate continue, albeit I didn't mean it as anything other than that.

Still rather than a closed answer like that I would have liked to get a more idealistic talk about what he would like to see, what parts of what I said he would take out and why and what would he improve. That's kind of the talk I hoped for.

Reactions: Burnerbro

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Something I've noticed for tanks, is that atugia's ability to redirect damage other party members take to herself seems good in a way that seems like it should be a bit more commonly available. might be for balance reasons but it'd be cool if the tanks at will stances like shielded etc had the damage redirection added to them, and maybe reduced the other benefits some to compensate? currently as a player tank without a direct way to guarantee aoes primarily hit you it feels like you ought as well just use a 2h and take atugia as a comp instead, there's plenty of defensive options and combat rez but especially on equal playing field content where everythings the same level, it seems like damage can flux high enough with enemies that it'd help squishy pcs or comps to do that, to keep atugia special maybe just make the redirection on other tank characters or comps a bit weaker since they have more offensive options. could also do what a few other turn based rpgs have done and instead have a "cover" ability where a tank can select one character in particular to defend. might not be able to add it for balance purposes but especially on higher settings could feel a lot better imo, and make other tank/y companions fulfill their role

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Something I've noticed for tanks, is that atugia's ability to redirect damage other party members take to herself seems good in a way that seems like it should be a bit more commonly available. might be for balance reasons but it'd be cool if the tanks at will stances like shielded etc had the damage redirection added to them, and maybe reduced the other benefits some to compensate? currently as a player tank without a direct way to guarantee aoes primarily hit you it feels like you ought as well just use a 2h and take atugia as a comp instead, there's plenty of defensive options and combat rez but especially on equal playing field content where everythings the same level, it seems like damage can flux high enough with enemies that it'd help squishy pcs or comps to do that, to keep atugia special maybe just make the redirection on other tank characters or comps a bit weaker since they have more offensive options. could also do what a few other turn based rpgs have done and instead have a "cover" ability where a tank can select one character in particular to defend. might not be able to add it for balance purposes but especially on higher settings could feel a lot better imo, and make other tank/y companions fulfill their role
At the same time though Atugia is lacking in a lot of ways such that this is the only thing she really has going for her

Reactions: zagzig and Savin

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Ideally, the player's side will see the Threat mechanics made 100% reliable in drawing aggro away from targets that don't generate it, while the enemies will have more of their dedicated tanks directly getting in the way of attacks aimed at the squishes they protect. However if it is vital to have both sides working in the same mechanical framework, the second method is inherently more reliable and it will feel more natural for such a system to require set-up, allowing the hyper-fast characters to get an attack in before the meatshield abilities are activated.

As for Atugia, if she either gets her regen spell reworked to give a more powerful effect on a longer cooldown or gets an immunity to non-resolve crits, she will be golden. Hell, if there ever will be more potent hybrid threats in the concurrent endgame, her hybrid tanking capabilities will finally come into their own.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Ideally, the player's side will see the Threat mechanics made 100% reliable in drawing aggro away from targets that don't generate it, while the enemies will have more of their dedicated tanks directly getting in the way of attacks aimed at the squishes they protect. However if it is vital to have both sides working in the same mechanical framework, the second method is inherently more reliable and it will feel more natural for such a system to require set-up, allowing the hyper-fast characters to get an attack in before the meatshield abilities are activated.

As for Atugia, if she either gets her regen spell reworked to give a more powerful effect on a longer cooldown or gets an immunity to non-resolve crits, she will be golden. Hell, if there ever will be more potent hybrid threats in the concurrent endgame, her hybrid tanking capabilities will finally come into their own.
Yeah, it’d be a really big buff for her to get a shield

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Yeah, it’d be a really big buff for her to get a shield
She can even do without the shield and its associated boost to defense stats. Her status as a weird not!undead sustained by overly abundant life force and practically immune to decapitations can be enough of a justification for just giving her a crit immunity as is.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
There really isnt a good tank ability for the PC is there, I say this because at this point my party will probably always be fuckin Cait and Kiyoko, they can handle everything. But from my ecperience Mirror stance is still the best stance to do tanking. I dont think there is any recharge ability for tanking is there?

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
There really isnt a good tank ability for the PC is there, I say this because at this point my party will probably always be fuckin Cait and Kiyoko, they can handle everything. But from my ecperience Mirror stance is still the best stance to do tanking. I dont think there is any recharge ability for tanking is there?
uh, there is guard stance and the upgraded shield stance you also have holy ward to protect a specific companion.

for defensive recharge abilities you got shield of light, spirit veil and vanguard.

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Shield Stance increases your damage reduction by 50% and generates a ton of threat, then generates more every turn automatically. It’s way better than mirror stance for tanking

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
It'd be nice if we could wield two shields at once to become the ultimate tank.
Would be pretty neat.

Could even just add something like a specific Spiked Shield or Blade-edged Shield to be obtained that is equipped to the primary hand instead of being off-handed, would still provide the crit-protection but in stats would be halfway between a shield and a weapon.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
No Attack Moves. Only Shield.

And when you go down, a bunch of self-propelling tiny shields pop up that still protec allies.

Become The Wall That Walks.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
The only commands should be defend, shield stance, and unbreakable. Nothing else allowed for the twin shield might. Imagine only using one shield like a fucking plebian. No weapons. No offence. Only shields now.

Reactions: Burnerbro and Prent

Spidereggs

Sep 4, 2021
View attachment 18979
Ask and thou shalt recieve.
Objection! Pictured is a dueling shield, a fairly obscure weapon used in judicial duels, and though googling "dueling shield" returns the wikipedia article for lantern shields, those are way weirder!
h5rdrc6pi6z21.jpg

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Edit: my bad didn't test later enemies, resistances are shown Unless I'm not seeing it, it would be nice for elemental resists on "sense" stats, the magic resist works ok as a tell, and some are sorta obvious, AND might be hard to fit ui wise especially if you include rarer type attacks besides main elements, but would remove a lot of guess work and memorization. stats are cool to see but imo elemental resists and weaknesses are bit more valuable. there appears to be a empty box, so eventually what could be cool is if you had a icon system for each element, fireball for fire etc, and a icon for weak, resistant, nullified, or blank for normal. it could make ui have those accessible without clutter while keeping the stats. could be a balance decision maybe but kinda makes mages a bit more pia than they should be

Attachments

• 218222d6f5041f53c628167362cfb494.png
    218222d6f5041f53c628167362cfb494.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
Unless I'm not seeing it, it would be nice for elemental resists on "sense" stats, the magic resist works ok as a tell, and some are sorta obvious, AND might be hard to fit ui wise especially if you include rarer type attacks besides main elements, but would remove a lot of guess work and memorization. stats are cool to see but imo elemental resists and weaknesses are bit more valuable. there appears to be a empty box, so eventually what could be cool is if you had a icon system for each element, fireball for fire etc, and a icon for weak, resistant, nullified, or blank for normal. it could make ui have those accessible without clutter while keeping the stats. could be a balance decision maybe but kinda makes mages a bit more pia than they should be
Not 100% sure I understand what you’re getting at, but if a resistance isn’t listed on a foe’s stat page it means that the damage is neutral towards that foe.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
Not 100% sure I understand what you’re getting at, but if a resistance isn’t listed on a foe’s stat page it means that the damage is neutral towards that foe.
yeah, sorry my bad, apparently i really have bad vision or memory, it does start showing resistances and weaknesses on stuff like the wraith chimera, was just expecting early enemies to have had them and i was kinda dumb

Prent

Aug 8, 2021
yeah, sorry my bad, apparently i really have bad vision or memory, it does start showing resistances and weaknesses on stuff like the wraith chimera, was just expecting early enemies to have had them and i was kinda dumb
It’s no biggie

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Those shields are too normal we need some real defense worthy of two shield style

spike shield.jpg

Or

gun shield.jpg

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I feel like it needs to be brought up again, the stuff seems interesting but when it comes to saying what you'd like to see added, think about the proscess of trying to code it into the game, I commend the people who have to do it so much with some of the bullshit the engine seems to give them.
The engine is fine really. The issue is our only QA/testing process is me doing a quick run through of new content and making sure nothing explodes the game for my player character. We prefer to play fast and loose since we have a weekly release cycle anyway. It's insanely more time-efficient to just release something that's playable, and then have thousands of people report any issues that we can squash as they come up. Of course, if something is actually crashing the game or stopping progression etc. we do a hotfix.