What content would you like added?

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
...though you don't get paid for it unless you count Cait's enthiccening as 'payment'.
Hey, you also get paid in all you can drink mino bull milk! I'm pretty sure someone told my champ it was a local delicacy and the nice minotaurs wouldn't lie!

Now that I think about it I'm suprised there's not an option to part-time as whore for extra money considering the things you can get up to anyway. The closest I can think involves my champ paying Mara... Hmm maybe she's not got the right business sense for that line of work.

iamthetransient

Jun 27, 2019
I'd desperately love to see some expansion on the bimbo content that was explored a little in the hornet hive.
What bubbly succubus could have created the corrupted core? Is there a menagerie of others who are like... Um... Sorry, my head feels like. It's kind of hard to think about and stuff? But gosh, everyone in this hidden city, is like, totally hot!
I mean, I guess I could stay here? Saving the world is super overrated.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Um... Sorry, my head feels like. It's kind of hard to think about and stuff? But gosh, everyone in this hidden city, is like, totally hot!
I mean, I guess I could stay here? Saving the world is super overrated.
Hey, how did you get into my Bimbo Champ's head like that?! It's spooky how accurate those thoughts are. :D

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
Given the existence of the brothel in the city, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plans to eventually let the Champ work there and if there aren't any plans, I imagine the devs would be happy to accept a well-written submission.
I always assumed there wouldn't be that type of content when the mino courtesan mentions the champ is "too good" and would probably cost everyone in the brothel their jobs if they became a prostitute. It's probably just a joke or dirty talk but I took it as a NO to whoring yourself out like in TiTS.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I wouldn't take an offhand comment from an NPC that the Champ would put some of the others out of a job due to being such a turboslut as any official position by the devs. I mean, maybe if it was the madame herself saying it that would be one thing but one of the courtesans? In a line that you can only see in one of his three states?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
The champ is a magnet, you would very much absorb all there clientele. (Also pretty sure this is one of those no no kinda things for patreon.)

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
One thing I would LOVE to see: Being able to view the actual stats of our companions weapons.

Reactions: Gooch

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
I think I'd like some way to meet Evelyn. There was a scene where two ladies had their door open and I just politely passed it by. Apparently that's the only way to ever meet her. I don't mind missing things, but there's usually a warning when you're going to do something you can't undo. I can understand missing out on Valencia if you don't act to save her, but I don't see why you never have a chance to meet Evelyn in the inn ever again.

The problem is, everyone keeps mentioning her (expecially Solveig) and my character seems to know her even though we've never met. If I hadn't been checking the wiki, I would have never known I'd missed her.

I guess what I'd like is a chance to meet her again and, if there's an option to not have her in your game, it should be noted like in the Kitsune den interactions where you don't want to see that stuff anymore.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Kiyokos is bullshit that is all you need to know.
Where you refering to me? If so, why do you think Kyokos weapon is bullshit? According to the item card it's amazing.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Kitsune content has pretty much always received unwarranted favouritism in development.
Not sure I'd say it's unwarranted. I mean, it's not one author for the entire game dividing their attention. It's from someone who's working on kitsune stuff and they actually are doing the work. I really like the depth and detail of the Kitsune stuff. There's a whole lot of different characters and personalities and that's including the ones you meet outside the den, too. So much work and effort went into it and that artist really works hard. They get their creation and ideas into workable form more consistently than others and so it gets out there more noticeably.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Thats the point, its bullshit OP. IIRC it scales of something that weapons the PC will never have.
It does that for the same reason that Nina in BoF has her basic attack scale off her magic stat and in some instalments recovers MP just by waiting: the basic attack would be worthless otherwise.

Reactions: wery12345

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Huh, fair enough, I didnt realize without it her basic attack would have been garbage.. Kinda used to her magic being stuper strong.

Reactions: Bobonga

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Thats the point, its bullshit OP. IIRC it scales of something that weapons the PC will never have.
I see. I only know bullshit in the context of either extremly bad or unfair.

And yes, it does scale with spellpower instead of attackpower.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Companions aren't scaled to be 1:1 with the player character Arona uses a mastbreaker one-handed, Brint dual-wields heavy weapons, they get more ability points and use powers and items we'll never be able to use. And in return, they're static. Cait will never graduate from Heal to Greater Heal. Brint will never be able to switch a power out for a specific fight.

So it's not useful to look at a companion's equipment and compare them to our own. Because companions and their equipment aren't balanced to be equal to us, they're balanced to fill a role. And if a little bit of bullshit needs to be added to a companion for them to perform that role, the devs can do that because they're not the main character.

Reactions: Alypia

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Companions aren't scaled to be 1:1 with the player character Arona uses a mastbreaker one-handed, Brint dual-wields heavy weapons, they get more ability points and use powers and items we'll never be able to use. And in return, they're static. Cait will never graduate from Heal to Greater Heal. Brint will never be able to switch a power out for a specific fight.

So it's not useful to look at a companion's equipment and compare them to our own. Because companions and their equipment aren't balanced to be equal to us, they're balanced to fill a role. And if a little bit of bullshit needs to be added to a companion for them to perform that role, the devs can do that because they're not the main character.
I fully understand your points and agree with them. However, my point is not to compare the companions with the PC. Just to have a better Idea what our companions are capable off.

But before I go into detail, a big disclaimer: I enjoy knowing such things and I understand that these informations are not that important to most players. Like they say: "Knowing is half the battle". For me, knowing is half the fun.

I think it would be beneficial to add the item cards. Best examples are Kiyoko and Queenly Raiment Ryn. One is a mage, the other a heal/bless bot, so you don't really expect them to do meaningfull dmg on regular attacks. In truth they can hit as hard as Arona and Brint. On the other hand Cait (minus Hexleather) and Berwyn deal low dmg, as you would expect from mage/support roles.

So, if you could see the actual stats you would notice that Kyoko deals holy dmg (ATM the best dmg type in the game) and scales with willpower. This is a godsend especially on the Onmyodo set, since both fire and blight are crippled against demons. Or that Ryns spear does almost Griefmaker tiers of dmg.

With this you can see these nuances and it can prevent misconceptions.

For example Brint/Brienne. IIRC he/she doesn't actually dual wield, only if you use the "giants reach" power. For every other attack they use the "Axe" which is just a renamed poleaxe. Or hexleather Cait. Her salamander spellblade is the exact same weapon as the spiraled blade. If aquired through the editor, both have the same elemental dmg cycle. But does Caits weapon cycle? Is her elemental dmg fixed? Is it the same on each day as your spiraled blade? Can the cycle be rigged or resetted by switching sets or not having her in the party? Another example is, how much holy dmg does Aronas Nightfang deal? Or I initially thought that warhides Arona uses a weakend mastbreaker, since it can't be used with a shield.

Again, this is just me enjoying information. With item cards, I could just check if Hexleather Caits dmg cycles or not. Instead of doing tests, asking in the forum or asking developers directly. In the end, the addtion of item cards would be unnecessary for most players. But it would make me alot happier.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean the companions also having a limited moveset makes sense, they dont have the champs bullshit ability to learn shit in a day.

Reactions: Bobonga

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Not gonna happen, especially because the gods really dont interact with the world like that, they have champions for that.

• Sad
Reactions: Gooch

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
I have an ultimate idea.
Now that you can sleep on multiple places. And there are like 3 inn.
Would it be possible to actually relocate your friends ??
Like.. Like in skyrim. You send your tell your spouse you want to live with her in other house. So you could tell your followers that lets now wait in Khor or in the fort or in the city xd

Technicly it would not take much to do. Their scenes are not even need to be rewritten.

Obviously the ones who is involved much with the locals are not moveable. Like Cait

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Nnnot gonna happen. Contrary to what you said, they would have to rewrite scenes for new locations for companions to stay at. Not to mention a few companions (Kiyoko, Agni) already don't stay at the frosthound to begin with unless they're in your active party.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There's a parser that allows scene variations but it's set for 'Frost Hound or Rando Campsite' and pretty much all those scenes have lines explicitly identifying your location as one or the other so not only would you need a new parser to designate where a given companion is but you'd need to go back to pretty much every scene and write new variations for the KM inn. There are also Frost Hound scenes written on the assumption that certain companions are there, with no check for 'Did I send them to hang out at some other location?' so those would either have to be rewritten with new parsers to determine whether the scene can even proc or they'd break the immersion and lead to 'But I sent Azzy to KM, why is she hanging out back at the Frost Hound?!?!?!'. By way of example, all of Lusamine's gossip assumes that your companions are hanging around the inn, Evelyn's moresome content assumes Cait and/or Ryn are there whenever you are, Tui has content that assumes Ryn and/or Brint are there etc.

Reactions: Shrike675

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean there is a Kiyoko camp scene that mentions the table shaking so I get a chuckle out of that everytime.

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
But thats the thing. That parser could be edited to not just frost hound, but rather any inn in the game.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Have you seen the parser? It's a complex one and adding a variable to it would mean going to every instance of it and manually checking to make sure that it won't break things due to the way alternate option pipes work if you add another condition to it. That's not nearly as simple a job as you're probably thinking.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah parsers arent as simple as adding X to something, even if on the surface it looks like that.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
The parser 'could' replace frost hound with whatever. Issue is, the scenes work in a world. You cannot simply search&replace "frost hound" with "your camp" or "the green cock" and be done with it. Like Kyoko's camp scene where the table is shaking. This scene require's a table. So, you'd have to set up all the places to have, you know, similar stuff in it. Personalized rooms, tables, public fireplace...

Fair enough. But brint's BJ scene references how the public would react if they found out. So you'd need similar people in all places, or rewrite lots of old scenes. And at some point, aren't you putting a lot of effort in making other places identical to the frost hound? Shouldn't you be putting effort in NEW scenes?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Its so much much work for something that really doesnt matter, the only scene where that stuff is confusing is with the Salwah bath stuff still taking place in the frost hound even though theres a big fuck off temple.