What content would you like added?

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
If you're that desperate to be a dragon you can just piecemeal it. That's what I did
goat or demon horns, manticore wings, salamander tail, season with scaliness to taste.
I used the save editor to be a Dragon before. Then i just got tired of being a stupid manticore because game itself dosent recognise it as Dragon. Even if all body part is draconic i was still a manticore.

So i just ended up being siorcanna once they have added it xd
Other save is lupine, lupine female

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Funtastic

Oct 13, 2021
While the game's developing the bulk of act 2, which I'm not sure what stage it's at, I'd be really interested down the pipeline in including a full blown expansion in the vein of say Artorias of the Abyss, Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, or any kind of post game expansion like Throne of Bhaal. I think from what I've seen with main game companions, most of your buddies are heroic or the very least on the side of good...neutralish like dominated or subbed Arona or reformed cultie Quin. For more tainted/dark knight champions, you don't always get hardened or more evil/oppose the demons as a would-be rival or conqueror type.

Even with the corruption options in play, the idea of having a more traditionally crooked or villainous gang of cutthroats and outlaws would make for an interesting concept. You could set it after the fact as a 2.5 standalone, although that would almost be creating a new game. Or you could do it New Vegas style: fill in an interconnected plot with a key character/antagonist like Ulysses who shares a personal history or the very least tangible connection to the mysteries of Savarra. Some kind of not global threat, but a big pain in the ass for Kas and whoever is the real villain of the story you deal with. You flesh out some of the murkier stuff, like what really happened to the Arch-Mages or who opened the portal, or just any kind of plot thread alluded to in the core game that could veer off as a parallel plot that ties back to the main plot.

I'd be an undertaking, but the idea of a secondary team of newer but experienced writers under the direction of one of the main writers would be fine. That way, for those who want to do companions, you could do a separate thread/plot where those characters, for plot reasons, can't or won't leave the expansion area(s), which is easy to justify for whatever plot induced reasons/conditions.

I know this likely isn't even a thought, but with the core systems, ideas, and concepts in place, having a b-team develop it would help while the a team works on whatever concept they do next: COC3 or another game. Granted, I wouldn't even consider that until...2024-2025 maybe? Dunno, just an idea.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
I know this likely isn't even a thought, but with the core systems, ideas, and concepts in place, having a b-team develop it would help while the a team works on whatever concept they do next: COC3 or another game. Granted, I wouldn't even consider that until...2024-2025 maybe? Dunno, just an idea.
You really underestimate the timeline here. This isn't a multi-million dollar endeavor. This is a quality niche game. There isn't the manpower, nor would it scale because the audience simply isn't big enough. TiTS and CoC2 are already on danger of cannibalization. If fenCo would undertake a third project, it would likely be outside of this area.

Its the same issue that non-scam startups have. The first time they land a big contract, they implode. Because:
1. Get big contract and first big money
2. Hire people because the contract is big.
3. Suddenly deal with a lot more costs and overhead, because you suddenly have a lot more people.
4a. Run over project cost, and close down
4b. Finish the project under budget, but implode because you cannot land another big contract immediately after.
4c Somehow, you pull it off.

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
Considering all this. I doubt with a bigger team the game would be better. I mean look. The game itself now is good because both the writers, the coders and the artists are giving or rather pouring their soul into it. and yet. You still get more and better content than the other similar games out there. Which i always appreciated under the years. :)

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Okay, I have seen this word repeated far to much on this forum now, so what the hell is a waifu? Also an all women party is my ideal paradise..

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
Okay, I have seen this word repeated far to much on this forum now, so what the hell is a waifu? Also an all women party is my ideal paradise..
A waifu is weebish for wife basically. It's typically used to refer to lady characters that you want to make your wife. Husbando is the male equivalent.

Weerz

Apr 25, 2021
Rapture
A waifu is weebish for wife basically. It's typically used to refer to lady characters that you want to make your wife. Husbando is the male equivalent.
I do not know why i referred them as that. Im definetly not a weeb. I guess the internet just made me stuck on it. But Hell if im gonna let myself converted

Funtastic

Oct 13, 2021
You really underestimate the timeline here. This isn't a multi-million dollar endeavor. This is a quality niche game. There isn't the manpower, nor would it scale because the audience simply isn't big enough. TiTS and CoC2 are already on danger of cannibalization. If fenCo would undertake a third project, it would likely be outside of this area.

Its the same issue that non-scam startups have. The first time they land a big contract, they implode. Because:
1. Get big contract and first big money
2. Hire people because the contract is big.
3. Suddenly deal with a lot more costs and overhead, because you suddenly have a lot more people.
4a. Run over project cost, and close down
4b. Finish the project under budget, but implode because you cannot land another big contract immediately after.
4c Somehow, you pull it off.

It's not really underestimating a projected timeline. Any good project manager or design lead will and does accommodate for delays, content creep, revisions. It's a part of any production, even a quality niche indie game like COC2. As for COC2, the idea isn't to take away from TITS. I know well enough about how the staff are shared. But text adventures have been built and developed on shoestring budgets since the 1980s. Text adventures, even of the erotic flair, are not a mythic chalice that comes down from the heavens. It's the grind, bugs, and rolling schedule of submitted and approved content staggered on a flexible timeline.

Besides, that's an estimated timeline. I know very well it's unlikely to be achieved or started.

Also, to be a little more in depth/clearer (lol):

1. Comparing a product as service model to any startup makes no sense. Startups often go through rounds of funding from interested investors, financing groups, and venture capitalist firms to expand with a projected ROI on a somewhat firm timeline with milestones. Patreon content creators/indie companies are not like capital funded startups. Now, if Savin and the team decided to go Kickstarter for the last leg of the game, that's much closer to what you're getting at. Still, it wouldn't make any sense for them.

2. There's a cadre of freelancers and active passion writers available. Given the successes of them, it's a no brainer to bounty out the fundamental concepts, enemies, and story npcs the main writers and leads can't do. No, you likely aren't going to make a waifu/npc romancer/fuckbuddy because that's what the main game is for. Yes, you will be under a firmer grip from a lead writer who has a clear vision and scenes/content that needs to be written and divied up to their junior writers and freelancers. But any freelancer, regardless of writing erotic/smut to ghostwriting a memoir for your local bum who becomes an overnight business guru on Craiglist totally well-paid gig, knows that. You're a contractor/do it for free because you like it/have time/etc.

Now most people don't want to get paid in exposure, but...well, if you're a freelancer who's bored or passionate, that's on you. To expect being paid pro-rated market fiction rates by a talented but limited indie team is a naive. Most pro or semi pro short fiction writers make 300-500 on any 7000-10000+ word short story, aka the equivalent of a few smut or event scenes, at the top ranks of writing markets. Writing, for most people who pursue it, is a passion or hobby. Getting paid is something you should only broach when you've proven and been vetted by any controlling party.

Also, it's what's done by tabletop companies for any adventure path, fluff/splat book, etc. The only difference is you have harder codes/forks that are often modular for a text based adventure. In fact, expanding the team of paid writers even at that point wouldn't make any sense. I mean, Savin's event writer's guide is pretty up front: you create/write the concept. He/the team make the final call.

3. Expansions always have a firm theme, with limited npcs and threads. Given the parser and design flow of the game, you wouldn't have another ten companions, 15+ story npcs. In fact, going more old school COC with limited but story relevant enemies and npcs to the area makes it all the stronger. And having a limited but more hand-sculpted cluster of characters is an easier task.

4. Enemies can always be reskinned from the base game. I mean, that's just smart. The core combat is already designed and number of new enemy npcs can be borrowed from established main game enemies. And with an expansion, it's always theme, theme, theme. I know I sound like a broken record: but it's not a kind of modular where you have random throwaway sexable characters in every map node. With an expansion, you hard limit characters. Do really need two similar enemies/npcs with similar plot hooks and mini-quests? No. You cut one or merge them together.

5. Some companions are more main story relevant than others. That's just the name of the game. Cait, Ryn, Arona, and maybe Brint/Brienne at the moment are the most plot relevant based on the state of the game and older areas. Characters like Quinn, Berywn, Atugia, Azzy are more secondary/tangibly related atm. I'm getting sidetracked, but I want to say is this: some companions will always be more content expansive compared to others. There's nothing wrong with that. To expect every companion to be an intergral part to every scene or event is well...weird?

6. As I said, a tight expansion created some years down the line when most everything is content complete in the eyes of Savin and his team would be nice. Not expected or even considered. But it would be nice. And that's what it comes down to, a lead writer/designer like Tobs or Savin or Wsan or any of the other full time writers. It's a matter of want, state of the game, and fan demand.

I know what I said was long winded but I did want to give a thorough response as to what I actually was suggesting as a stretch goal/idea. Thanks.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I don’t play bedicked champs, though, and I’m not sure if the champ will ever be able to become pregnant with kitsune children—so, adoption is really my only viable option.
I mean I wouldnt say there is a non-zero chance of preg content for Female only champs, though it would still be locked behind the soul selling due ot the whole, even in the womb they need life force and really only kitsune can handle that.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Didn't Savin mention making a futa kitsune at some point? That could work for female champions getting a kitsune pregnancy. Although she'd probably be low on the priority list right now if she's still in the pipeline.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
If I remember right, her shtick is to be a butslut so I am not counting on it.
The aforementioned kitsune Kits feeding off the lifeforce is probably why, chances are if there are non-buttslut scenes it could involve a foxen champ, unless shes considered a faceless, then there is only violence.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Hana, said kitsune dickgirl, was planned to have preg content yes. She's also basically so far down the priority list that she's sitting on Satan's dick instead of Brint's.
Dat massive backlog.

I would like it if those of us who do not have Kinu could be able to have a fox child of our own by way of adoption.
This...huh...this would actually be a nice option. Though, in my opinion, it would make more sense if said child would also be an individual character, like Kinu.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
This...huh...this would actually be a nice option. Though, in my opinion, it would make more sense if said child would also be an individual character, like Kinu.
Yesssss, my thoughts exactly !! Furthermore, since Kinu serves the fox daughter role, I thought it'd be neat if we could adopt a fox son. Perhaps an orphan that accidentally got separated from his den—an orphan who's just trying to get by, who steals only what he needs to survive. Maybe the first meeting could even be triggered if the champ is traveling around with some food in their inventory! A major conundrum, though, is where to place him...

Add-On: I imagine him to be around the same age kid!Kinu was—probably older, though. Probably, like, say, 9 or 10 years old. Narrative-wise, I would have him be a foil of sorts to Kinu since he'd be the adopted fox son to her biological fox daughter and whatnot. In contrast to her noble background, for example, he would come from humble origins. Also, instead of becoming fully grown throughout the course of the game, he more or less stays the same adorable kid.

Last edited:

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Even if Hana takes forever to get in game I'm happy... then we have at least a dickgirl or futa for my fav species, except Lupine.. none I met yet anyway.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
I would very much like to adopt a fox!Isidoro and shower him with p/maternal affection, guidance and occasional tough love.

We will have to leave him with someone and Kiyoko might be off to adventure with us, so the little dude will most likely end up in Komari's care, which will be a great chance for us to see her grandmotherly side truly unleashed. Hinata might be asked to join in on tutoring the Den's new ward, too, since it would be a great way to repay his dept of gratitude, and there are currently no other good male role models among the kitsune.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
I would very much like to adopt a fox!Isidoro and shower him with p/maternal affection, guidance and occasional tough love.

We will have to leave him with someone and Kiyoko might be off to adventure with us, so the little dude will most likely end up in Komari's care, which will be a great chance for us to see her grandmotherly side truly unleashed. Hinata might be asked to join in on tutoring the Den's new ward, too, since it would be a great way to repay his dept of gratitude, and there are currently no other good male role models among the kitsune.
Oh, man, I was thinking of having the champ leave the kiddo off at the Frost Hound because I thought it'd be cute if you could randomly come across him interacting with the townsfolk (i.e., bugging Garth for stories on his glory days, playing with the champ's biological children in the nursery, helping Ivris out in the shop, etc.) That sounds like a great idea though !! Maybe it could be split down to two options on where to send him: to the Frost Hound or to the Kitsune Den.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Instead of adopting some random kid why not ask for another one of your biological kids to have more content?.. maybe it's just me, I'm not big on little humans.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Instead of adopting some random kid why not ask for another one of your biological kids to have more content?.. maybe it's just me, I'm not big on little humans.
Because not everybody has those biological kids or might not wanna have biological kids, in general.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Plus none of the kids we sire with people other than Kiyoko or ones we give birth to ourselves will have time to grow up in the timeframe the game's canon acknowledges. Except for maybe drider and hornet kids, but for them we are not the actual biological parent anyway. Edit: harpy kids are a maybe, but they can't be boys and it will be hard to pry them away from their mom and their sisters.

And the stories that utilize the found family tropes, if done correctly, can give a very special kind of fuzzy, warm feeling to great many people.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
I'm 100% sure this has been asked for in the past, but I would like more accessible ways to color dongs, especially exotic dongs like the pig TF's
we got specific items to make black dogdicks and, I think, horsecocks, but I dont think there's anything I can do to make my PC's junk described as anything except as bright red.
Or is color baked into the specific dongtypes, instead of being a variable?