TiTsEd - A save editor

Arpie

Oct 31, 2018
Pro tip -- python 2.6 or better is available on most modern operating systems so you can use the default JSON pretty printer to help read any JSON file:

Bash:
python -m json.tool < oldfile > newfile

TheShepard256

Question! Which flags or code-stuff do I have to mess with to reset Kara asking Steele to go on her first quest? I was clicking too fast and accidentally declined Kara's quest offer.
If you mean her initial encounter, set the flag BEEN_TO_MYRELLION_BAR to undefined; if you don't want to risk breaking something, do the same for all flags with KARA or SHADE in them. If you mean the one where you raid a Black Void base with her (which is actually her second quest), do it for the flags KQ2_QUEST_DETAILED, KQ2_QUEST_BEGIN and everything that starts with KQ2_ and ends with _TALK.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Pro tip -- python 2.6 or better is available on most modern operating systems so you can use the default JSON pretty printer to help read any JSON file:

Bash:
python -m json.tool < oldfile > newfile
Oof, that really helps in reading the JSON savefile. No one deserves to go through minified JSON files.

The editor doesn't "know" about any character other than the PC; it simply accesses the save file's "characters" object.
Which means that if ROXY doesn't show up in the list of characters, that the game doesn't care to save her data when the game is saved. Which probably means that it's immaterial and recreated when the game's loaded.

TheIronSven

Oct 16, 2021
I had not seen anything that really required an update in awhile.
I think the latest releases do have some new items now though, so I'll get a release out in a bit.

There might not be a need for the editor in the Javascript port, since it supposedly has cheats built in, and the save files are just json.

Would require some major changes to work with the new format.
I somehow doubt that the cheats in the Java version will allow for an as in depth character editor as TiTSed. Total flag manipulation also seems like quite a bit of a stretch. Maybe personal stats like money and items and some more broader flags like ones for the main quest or whether or not you were on a planet already might be available. Putting all the other possibilities behind cheat codes would be a LOT of work and I highly doubt that's possible.

Reactions: JDM88999

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Yeah, ease of use when editing is going away when the JS edition is up.

I do hope the game will be able to read non-minified JSON.

Reactions: JDM88999

Chase

May 13, 2016
I am not alkeiser and I cannot speak for his plans for TiTsEd as the current maintainer.

However as JSON is so simple save editors will be sprouting from the woodwork, for every possible system and written in every possible language, Therefore I would leave the work of that editor to those with both more free time and interest in providing them.

The reason that CoCEd and TiTsEd were the editor is that the adobe shockwave flash shared objects (the CoC and TiTs save format) are complicated and there are no standard libraries that existed to modify them. Therefore it required people with some programming chops to actually edit them without breaking everything. I originally based TiTsEd off of CoCEd for that exact reason, since the maker of CoCEd (Perdev/TheMadExile) had already done the hard work and I just needed to adjust it slightly to edit TiTs save files. I of course later wrote my own version (e.g. the java version of this), but that's not important.

TLDR: There are gonna be a billion different editors for JSON saves, there is no reason or benefit to modify this one to work with them. But that's not really up to me anymore.

Reactions: Senera2000

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I'm not so sure, CoC2 uses a JSON save format IIRC, and AFAIK there's only the one editor.

I guess it will all depend on people having interest in making editors.

Chase

May 13, 2016
Honestly I don't even edit CoC2 saves anymore, I just open it in my browser console and edit the values while playing. Money, items, and transformations are all fairly simple to do (at least for me).

Anyway, also due to the simplicity of the save format, a non-windows specific editor could be made without too much effort. Meaning the "please port to amiga/n64" crowd could in theory get their wish if it's not based on TiTsEd.

Testyboi

Jun 4, 2021
Had a question for you flagbeards, any of you know which flags are responsible for the arrest of Badger? Cause i arrested Badger (regretably) and messed around with badger's and pennys' flags but couldn't revert the doc to pre arrest status, always Lash in the place of Badger.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Had a question for you flagbeards, any of you know which flags are responsible for the arrest of Badger? Cause i arrested Badger (regretably) and messed around with badger's and pennys' flags but couldn't revert the doc to pre arrest status, always Lash in the place of Badger.
If you use the cheat beshineforever, you can mess with the state of Dr Badger specifically.

emraldo

Jan 6, 2022
Trying to run TitsEd on a Windows 11 ARM virtual machine, but no luck - does anyone know why this might be going wrong / how I might be able to fix it?
Thanks in advance! :)

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Trying to run TitsEd on a Windows 11 ARM virtual machine, but no luck - does anyone know why this might be going wrong / how I might be able to fix it?
Thanks in advance! :)

What errors are you getting?
There should be a log file at %LOCALAPPDATA%\TiTsEd\TiTsEd.log

StairFacts

May 5, 2017
www.furaffinity.net
Has there been any progress on making a Java version of TiTSEd yet? All good if not, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Has there been any progress on making a Java version of TiTSEd yet? All good if not, but I figured I'd ask anyways.
I think the Save editor people are just gonna wait for the game to be completely ported over and the majority of bugs to be ironed out. It's too unstable currently to be allowing people to edit, which would probably lead to serious problems to a persons save-file.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Is there a list somewhere of what numbers stand for what body types/flags?
CSV files with the types, part flags and fluid types

Note, this is based on the last build of the flash version that I decompiled but afaik those values haven't changed in the Javascript version.

Attachments

• data.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: xenoscene

Belly97

May 13, 2016
CSV files with the types, part flags and fluid types

Note, this is based on the last build of the flash version that I decompiled but afaik those values haven't changed in the Javascript version.
I converted those for ease of reading.

Attachments

• Fluid Flags.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Part Flags.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 51
  • Race Flags.pdf
    20.6 KB · Views: 45