TiTsEd - A save editor

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by Chase, May 13, 2016.

1. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Probably not the best first post. But this is the point of joining so i'll get on with it. (I am a TiTs patreon however.)

This program is literally based on (its a source edit) and inspired by Perdev's/TheMadExile's CoCEd program (linked).

I missed CoCEd so much playing TiTs that I decided to go ahead and make TiTsEd myself.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    I am not liable for any problems that occur due to use of this program.

Download Latest Version

Program Issues

Source Code

HOW TO USE

1. Get a Windows computer running at least .Net Framework 4.
      • No it will not run on Linux/Mac, no not even with Mono. Yes I am serious.
      • No it will not run on mobile. No there are no plans to port it.
    2. Play TiTs in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge or Internet Explorer either from a downloaded copy of the game or from the version hosted on fenoxo.com.
      • You may also use the Adobe Flash Standalone player with a local copy.
      • Only these browsers are known to work, others may work, but may also not work. Even if it uses the back end of a working browser (such as with Sea Monkey or Chromium), it may still not work.
    3. Play the game as normal saving your game. DO NOT USE SAVE FILE, just save normally with the button that says "Save".
      • If the button says "Save File" you have used the wrong save function and TiTsEd will not work for you. TiTsEd does not support loading or editing .tits files.
    4. Open TitsEd.

5. In the upper right hand corner there will be "Open", click it.

6. You will see a menu that says things like "Local (Standard)", "LocalWithNet (Chrome)" or "Online (Edge/Metro)", mouse over the one that corresponds to the browser and play style you used.
      • If you do not see any of these menus, ensure you are using a supported browser. If you are, try playing in a different supported browser.
      • You can transfer your save between browsers using "Save File" and "Load File" in TiTs, however as previously stated TiTsEd CAN NOT edit these files.

7. Select your save, it will load your character information.

8. Edit your character information.

9. Click "Save As" in the upper right hand corner of TiTsEd to the desired play style and browser.

#1 Chase, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Ethereal Dragon

Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

Limted atm but it functions. Congrats in being the first person who post a editor. I just hope you stick with it, last few projects that proclaimed they were making an editor just pretty much disappeared after the first week or 2 after getting some attention. Some of those projects even proclaimed in wanting to do a character viewer. In my opinion sure a viewer would be nice but the person making the thing srsly needs to back it up with art and body pieces for the thing.

A stat editor  (which this appears to be atm) is nice. I will wait and probably not hold my breath on seeing the various other functions of Perdev's/TheMadExile's be included that matches TiTS flavor. No offense but after being let down half a dozen times I don't want to get my hopes up yet again so you can imagine that I don't want to be disappointed again. Keep it up and good luck, I'll keep my eye on this.

#2 Ethereal Dragon, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  3. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

I will likely not go as far as that editor myself. But I never post vaporware. That is to say this loads, edits, and saves. Everything an editor needs to do.

I was building an AMF reader/writer in Java but decided after a few days of hacking on that it would be simpler to just edit CoCEd.

If I had to predict what I was going to add, it would probably be transformation and item editing. But likely not much beyond that.

#3 Chase, May 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  4. Ethereal Dragon

Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

Well at least it's a start, maybe some others in the community will be inspired by this and decide to help which would make the workload easier.

5. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

New update, version 0.2.

Fixed name save (now saves to uniqueName as well).

Added class, level, xp, unused stat points and personality editing.

See Original Post for download location.

CloudStriker likes this.
  6. noscope god

noscope god Well-Known Member

its great to see something less confusing than minerva :)  (thought its not done)

#6 noscope god, May 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  7. PetarZ

PetarZ New Member

Hopefully there will be options to unlock planets on new saves and just go though the content you want and not just need to go from planet to planet, like how CoC editor allows us to unlock all areas. Its good for start but i could've done this much with minerva, the problem is everyhing else, it is easier then minerva to use obviously and that's good.

8. Ormael

Ormael Well-Known Member

Well for side planets I not think wuld be troublle for save editor to do this but main plot...not sure if allowing with editing save will do good for game. They may be some more than simple editing flag if said plot planet is unlocked or not like some other connected flags or other parts of save that ened be edited too or whole save will be crashing.

CloudStriker likes this.
  9. Karretch

Karretch Well-Known Member

One of the cheats unlocks planets. It's not impossible to get there. The planets are only locked via probe for normal play.

10. Couch

Couch Well-Known Member
    Creator

It's doable but shouldn't be done, as it will lead to people complaining in bug reports that their games are fucked up.  This is why all of the cheats except furfag are developer-only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    CloudStriker likes this.
  11. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Noted.

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Added basic body editing. Height, Thickness, Tone, Femininity, Skin Type, Skin Tone, Fur Color, Hair Length, Color and Type, Face type, eye color and type, ear type, and tongue type.

Thre are some minor interface problems. Some of the additions need type data still (namely fur color, hair color and eye color), and a few features a missing regarding them (like Hair Style and tips for femininity), and some things are wrong (hair length uses adjectives not inches)?

Use at your own risk (that is, save in a new slot if you are worried).

See original post for links.

#12 Chase, May 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  13. SorenMageofMareth

SorenMageofMareth Well-Known Member

For some reason the new one reads as unrecognized and dangerous.

14. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Windows warning? I compiled it on a different computer. But otherwise I am not sure.

CloudStriker likes this.
  15. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Version 0.4 is forthcoming.

Added more transformation editing as well as flag editing for skin, arms, legs, and tails. These tend to be a bit more difficult to accomplish in minerva, and almost inpossible in the desktop version (since you cannot add to arrays). Though I have added tail editing, editing the genitals of tails are not in yet, so selecting those tails may not work as expected.

I hope the way I implemented flag editing is acceptable, I plan to add 'default' flags for any given type of skin, arm, leg, tail, etc you choose but that's a bit down the road past item editing.

As usual, use at your own risk. I have tested and things seem to work. But in this complicated of a game you never know.

See the original post for download.

CloudStriker likes this.
  16. MorganHannahFae

MorganHannahFae Well-Known Member

As someone with the intelligence of a puppy, I can't successfully use minerva. So in order to avoid most hings, I typically play as a vanilla human female with no mods and a very small build.

With your work I will be able to enjoy much more of the TiTS content than I could without. Thank you.

CloudStriker likes this.
  17. Alabaster Chimes

Alabaster Chimes Well-Known Member

Yeah great work here.

18. Galvani

Galvani Active Member

Doin' the work of Pervert Jesus, son.

CloudStriker likes this.
  19. MistyBirb

MistyBirb Harpy Princess
    Creator

But why would you need to play as anything else? That's almost perfect as it is! :p  

But seriously, @Chase, this is impressive. Keep up the good work!

CloudStriker likes this.
  20. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

To be fair, the makers of CoCEd deserve a good amount of the credit, like 95% of it at least. They made the robust interface with the local shared objects and setup the main design and user interface controls. All I did was gut it, convert a small mountain of data from TiTs and hook all the wires to the right places.

Maybe I am trivializing it just a little bit, so I suppose thank you. I'll try to get more work done on it.

#20 Chase, May 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  21. Karretch

Considering the state of a near fully played game file - I've near done everything in the game with my character - is ~140 kb and can't be saved in .minverva anymore, I'm very much looking forward to full functionality.

CloudStriker likes this.
  22. MorganHannahFae

I do understand that, but regardless of who did the most work on the save editor,

Only you are here now. We don't have anyone else.

There are no heroes left in man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkbJ-H4r5k

CloudStriker likes this.
  23. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

I was only planning on basic character, transformation and item editing at the moment, not really 'full functionality' but lets see where things go.

CloudStriker likes this.
  24. MorganHannahFae

Even if you only start the quest, someone will continue it.

For every Protoman, there is a Megaman.

CloudStriker likes this.
  25. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Really tired now, so i'll make this quick.

Version 0.5

Added a lot more transformation options. Legs, lips, beards, tail genitals, scale and skin tone. As well as face and tongue flags. Also got in some preset values for hair color. Added missing Lapine tail type (It is not set in TiTs GLOBALs, so I originally missed it by being lazy).

Probably no new update tomorrow going to be working late.

Use at your own risk and see the original post for download details.

EDIT: Also if you can think up a new way to layout for all these boxes that makes using the program easier, please let me know. Nothing fancy please!

#25 Chase, May 18, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  26. Karretch

One thing I've noticed lacking is ear length for sylvan, leithan, and raskvel ears. And though not yet available, a genital position section for when/if drider bodies come around (unless that's automatically done like for taurs) or just for bypassing restrictions would be nice to have.

CloudStriker likes this.
  27. AriaPhoebe

AriaPhoebe Member

You are a wizard! Thank you so much @Chase! I loved the CoC editor, and while I've been using Minerva to edit my files, I struggle with it as I don't really have programing experience and it's a little difficult to figure out what's what in there. This makes life so much easier! Especially because I don't want to change too many things, just customize my Steele a bit more than the initial character set up lets you. :D

I do have a suggestion though. Perhaps the ability to change cum/milk production? That would certainly be appreciated as well. :D

#27 AriaPhoebe, May 18, 2016
    CloudStriker likes this.
  28. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Milk selection and production are in my done queue only being held up by multiple breast rows not wanting to load in game (locks up despite looking the same structure wise). Hope to have a lot more working the next update.

However I do need contextual information. Like ear length only mattering if you have certain types of ears, and how all the variables combine so that I can make the editor more user friendly. Gathering this will take more time then blindly copying raw enum data from the game.

CloudStriker likes this.
  29. MorganHannahFae

In hindsight Chase, maybe this was the best first post?

30. Watchering

Watchering Member

Great job so far! I'm gonna keep hoping you continue to tinker with this at least far enough to get item modification up and running. I'd love to have enough silicone for Vi and Gianna.