TiTsEd - A save editor

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by Chase, May 13, 2016.

1. Rawr XD123

Rawr XD123 Well-Known Member

Currently, you have 22 members as part of your crew, 17 of which are residing in 17 of your 135 available crew spaces.[Uncaught TypeError]
    Something bad happened!
    Please report this message, and include any prior scene text or a description of what you did before seeing this message:
    Flash Player: Desktop - Windows 10
    Flash Version: WIN 32,0,0,170
    Game Version: 0.8.089
    Error Name: TypeError
    Error Mesg: Error #1009
    TypeError: Error #1009
    at classes.DataManager::DataManager/doFileLoad()
    at classes.DataManager::DataManager/loadFileSelectedDesktop()
    (Access the main menu to start a new game or use the data menu to load a previously saved game. The buttons are located in the lower left of the game screen.)

what did i do wrong to get this message

2. JVR

JVR Well-Known Member

As I've stated before, if you start a Patreon, I will sign up for it. I suspect other people here would as well.

3. Semeicardia

Semeicardia Member

I am one of Fenoxo's patreons and I sent Fen a message regarding public repo being updated. Fen said he had sent the message along to Gedan, but that she is insanely busy currently and Fenoxo does not know when the public repo will be updated. At least the update request has been passed along and hopefully, when the Alkaiser has a new computer and is ready to update the TiTSed, the public repo will have been updated :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1593 Semeicardia, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Skywolf99 likes this.
  4. alkeiser

alkeiser Well-Known Member

I appreciate the sentiment. I actually don't need ant money on that front,. I have actually just been working on renovating my house which has been consuming all my free time.

And I've been postponing buying a box cause I've been eyeing those new Dell XPS 17 but the i9 ones aren't available yet.

5. Semeicardia

Semeicardia Member

Would it be possible to increase the "add cock" limit from the current 5 to 10 or 20 for the next update of TiTSed?
    TiTSed can handle 20 cocks. I know this for a fact, since I created an edited save-file with 20 cocks via Minerva.

You can go from 0 to 10 cocks "legally" in-game by using virection pills A LOT, but that may mess with the sizing of any existing cocks.

So when I start a new game, I save the first moment I am able to. Then with TiTSed I add 5 cocks and a lot virection pills to my inventory and save the edit. Then I load the modded save in-game and start using virection pills until I have 10 cocks. I then save again. Then with TiTSed I edit all the 10 cocks with TiTSed. I then save the edits. Then load the modded save again.

Removing the 5 "add cock" limit with circumvent this whole procedure, which would be great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Paradox01

Paradox01 Well-Known Member

Asked and answered.

The "next version" is still awaiting the release of the latest source code update, of course, but Alkeiser is all over it.

Skywolf99 likes this.
  7. KuroKitsune007

any way to reset the plantation quest?

8. Skywolf99

Skywolf99 Well-Known Member

not without a save editor

9. TheShepard256

TheShepard256 Well-Known Member

Given that they're asking that in a thread dedicated to a save editor, they probably know that already.
    Yes. The 'how-to' is right at the top of the previous page in this thread.

Paradox01 likes this.
  10. Paradox01

Don't sweat it, Skywolf, we've all been there. You walk into a room and think, "Shit, why did I come in here again? And what room is this, anyway? Is this even my house??"

Happens to the best of us.

;)

TiTSFan and Skywolf99 like this.
  11. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

"You're not my beautiful wife!"

I couldn't resist.

For reals, I can't wait until the Ship tab can properly put in ships in game...

TiTSFan, ShySquare and Paradox01 like this.
  12. Aury

Aury Well-Known Member

“My God! What have I done?”
    *Chorus*

TiTSFan, ShySquare and Paradox01 like this.
  13. Paradox01

So you can get into the blue again after the money's gone?

Hehe...you guys rock.

TiTSFan, sumgai and Aury like this.
  14. Aury

Aury Well-Known Member

What about into the silent water?

Paradox01 likes this.
  15. BlackPick7

BlackPick7 Well-Known Member

Once TiTs is ported over to Java is it likely that there will be a save editor for the new engine?

16. TheInfamousImmortal

TheInfamousImmortal Well-Known Member

I just realized that there's a couple of TF's missing in the editor.
    Also any update on when the next version is going to be available?

#1606 TheInfamousImmortal, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  17. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

Likely when the github is updated. And seeing as there's more worry about the port from Flash to Java...

18. TheInfamousImmortal

So pretty much a good while, right?

19. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

See you in the Distant Land of Summer of 2021!

Maybe sooner. But uh, don't be holding breath and what not. This is just uninformed forumer guess, so take it with a hefty bag of salt.

20. Meteor07

Meteor07 Well-Known Member

@alkeiser just curious, but when TiTS makes the jump to Javascript, are you gonna continue working on the save editor but for Javascript?

I was wondering because the save editor is a good tool for recreating bugs

Also sorry for the @

TheInfamousImmortal likes this.
  21. JVR

JVR Well-Known Member

I confess some worry about this as well. I use the editor extensively to test out potential builds. With it available, days of effort becomes minutes of effort to see how well items and perks work out in practice. Without it, I'd probably abandon TiTS until it was fixed. Hence the reason I keep encouraging Alkeiser to open a Patreon for it. I'm a firm believer in bribing the developers. :)

Skywolf99 and Meteor07 like this.
  22. TheInfamousImmortal

That's a really good question, is the editor going to be abandoned completely because the transition might be too much or will it still be rebuilt? I really don't want it to be gone for good because it helps bypass a lot of the RNG in the game, gives you greater control over customizing your PC, and like others said helps find lots of bugs. Really hope @alkeiser can give us a response on this.

#1612 TheInfamousImmortal, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Skywolf99 likes this.
  23. Skywolf99

while i wouldn't give anything on patreon cause i don't want my money going to patreon, i'd be happy to occasionally fling money via paypal donations

Paradox01 likes this.
  24. agreenfish

agreenfish Member

If it's JS, you may not need a save editor -- a lot of editing and shenanigans can be done with the JS console since you can call functions directly and such. (see: cheating in cookie clicker)

I haven't played CoC2, so I don't know how obfusticated its code is -- but I don't think it would be unreasonable to have a hybrid approach with a bookmarklet or other JS console shenanigans used as a save editor

25. alkeiser

alkeiser Well-Known Member

Depends on if it is even needed.
    I won't know how it affects the editor till I see how the save format changes.

TheInfamousImmortal and Athena like this.
  26. Steevee

Steevee Well-Known Member

with the Public release yesterday, is there enough new stuff/ changes to wait for an update on the SE or is the March version still good?

27. Skywolf99

we won't get a new se veesion until the devs update the sourcecode release

28. Steevee

.... so prolly a long wait then...

dosnt answer the question to whenther or not a new SE is needed.

29. Theron

Theron Well-Known Member

The Save Editor should work will all previous and future versions of the game.

At least, until the switch to JavaScript is finished.

30. Steevee

ok then current version it is.

. huh its a zip, just like the CoC one was

save or open?