The Last Sovereign

Fogel

May 2, 2016
That was great. Really immerses you into the war.
I love how many of the results of the war seem to be determined by unrelated things you did ages ago. I thought I had a great thing without new Unpeople, and stopping the Orc Extermination, and then the extra Orcs suddenly turned around and attacked me, and no Unpeople to help with the defence. I'm sure it was still great for stability back home though.

Takeda

May 21, 2016
Played also some hours yesterday. Haven't figure out how to work the 1st split in 4 parts and really was a blind try. Excited with the new section, happy with the small battle with Incubus King, but haven't finished yet so next try on progress :)

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Played also some hours yesterday. Haven't figure out how to work the 1st split in 4 parts and really was a blind try. Excited with the new section, happy with the small battle with Incubus King, but haven't finished yet so next try on progress :)

I'll give you a hint, certain team members give you a hidden bonus if sent to an appropriate area (obvious example is sending a certain zirantian to zirantia), but honestly more important than the (rather unnoticeable) bonus is simply sending teams strong enough as to survive fighting the enemy seeds.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
For those interested in obtaining an overview of the events (past and present) that have given rise to the situations described in the game, the best place is the new Timeline page on the wiki (courtesy of Leto7, for the most part).

The new, detailed, heavily spoilered guide for this update (and eventually the next one) is already on the wiki. Most of the work has been done by Whismas but many others have helped too.

On non-wiki news, there is already a fanfic of this game created by Guile (requires to be registered to read) with the following premise:

Riala decides on a slightly different target for the Incubus King's shard. She's confident it'll all work out in the end! But all the same, it's probably a good thing for her that a non-Incubus Simon isn't actually strong enough to kill her when he hears about what she did to his daughter.

• Aram: Simon, Nalili, Qum.
  • Ardoheim: Aka, Carina.
  • Zirantia: Varia, Uyae.
  • Yhilin (or any other location that it's targeted in function of Yhilin's borders): Altina, Yarra, Hilstara.
Even if you don't have Altina, Yarra's Forceful Kiss is surprisingly effective against the Seed.

Reactions: cazadore

Fogel

May 2, 2016
For the Shards, I send Simon alone against one, and send 3 people to each of the other ones.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Has anyone heard anything about the next update? I was hoping we'd be back to the once a month update by now since the next update was supposed to be the smaller half of the war.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Sierra Lee said it's most probably coming out next week (around the 25th).

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Version 0.29.0 has been released to patrons! This is another extra large release that covers the end of the war through the end of the chapter, so it has quite a bit of content!

The war events will culminate in the assault on the Incubus Emperor's home base, a large dungeon that forces your party to split into three groups:
UjkJPL6.png

And so you'll finally arrive at the screen you saw two years ago, in the very first first version of the game, to fight the enemy introduced in the beginning:
c5qYfwN.png

But of course by now you understand that just defeating one enemy doesn't save the world. No, there's a complicated political situation surrounding the conflict. You're going to have to deal with that situation, which will vary widely depending on your choices up to this point:
ssEM69E.png

There are several pieces of the war I haven't spoken about, either. But I'll just leave you with a glimpse of one of the challenge battles this update:
NAQCizJ.png

Though there are a lot of events going on, expect to be able to spend some time catching up with your harem, too:
8EgWk8X.png

This update includes not just the end of the war, but all the aftermath and scenes leading up to the next section of the game:
gMoNhEe.png

That includes an entire round of investing - yes, you'll get new ProN returns. Depending on your choices, you'll have different options that will get you an early advantage on the next cycle of investing:
3YXNz4P.png

And of course, it's all leading up to this:
zp96o4u.png

Right now, I need to focus fully on bugfixing and balancing this version. There's a lot to do, and the whole war may need tweaking, so this may be another two week wait for the public version. But once I have a little more space to breathe, I'll be making a post about what the rest of the game will look like, a roadmap to the ending.

The Last Sovereign is not almost done... but we're definitely closer to the end than the beginning. Thanks to everyone for supporting me this far, and I intend to keep providing the game all the way to the conclusion!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Lol the Vinario guy becomes king if we don't bother buying his claim :D

Also it's good to know that the update will include much of the investing available after the war, that will help players strategize on what investments are worth post-poning till after the war or best done as soon as possible.

The fight with the Magekillers is going to be a right bitch with only Robin and the newly obtained Sho, hopefully they are still at the same level of strength as they were when we ran into them last time.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Lol the Vinario guy becomes king if we don't bother buying his claim :D
Haha, you'll see. You'll be glad you bought it, though, if you did.

The fight with the Magekillers is going to be a right bitch with only Robin and the newly obtained Sho, hopefully they are still at the same level of strength as they were when we ran into them last time.
Nope! I tested them first with their previous strength and it was way too easy, so it seems they've been training too.

Fogel

May 2, 2016
Nope! I tested them first with their previous strength and it was way too easy, so it seems they've been training too.

That's a big testament to how far we've grown as a party, if you could crush them with a single mage like that.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest version of TLS is now publicly available, now much more polished! Check it out at the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2017/09/tls-0293-public-release.html

Version 0.29.3
- Reviewing the entire war, there have been a number of tweaks to improve the overall balance.
- Though I kept the reduced reserves, I made the instability penalties less punishing. In theory this will nudge games away from both extremes.
- The results of the investments have changed in multiple ways. They are generally more beneficial to the player, so you may want to replay the very end.
- Thanks to Decanter, we have an edited chapter four title card. Now hopefully more people will read it right at first glance.
- Riala's sex skills have been given new animations and slightly rebalanced.
- The usual bugs, typos, and polishing.

This version concludes the war and chapter three! I'm very happy to have finally reached this point and I hope everyone enjoys the release!

Reactions: lostone2

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
That is a lot of back to back combat in this version.

Is there any way to avoid Hilstara getting hurt, or is her injury a galvanizing moment for Simon that has to happen?

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
That is a lot of back to back combat in this version.

Is there any way to avoid Hilstara getting hurt, or is her injury a galvanizing moment for Simon that has to happen?

Yeah you can avoid it (there is also a poll regarding this), if you have done well in the Aramite Front during the war. The exact conditions are described here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys! Unfortunately, I made a few mistakes in the last version that lead to some of the hidden variables being not quite right. Most of these are impossible to notice unless you're opening game files, but one could potentially give you much worse results than you should be getting. New 0.29.4 links and more info in the post:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2017/09/tls-0293-public-release.html

Meanwhile, there's also a free preview of my visual novel, Crimson Gray, available on Newgrounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/699069

So if you wanted to give it a try, feel free! And if you think the game is worth it, I wouldn't mind a rating or review, either.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Yeah you can avoid it (there is also a poll regarding this), if you have done well in the Aramite Front during the war. The exact conditions are described here, but it will be in the main guide page soon (4-5 hours top).

Thanks, the wiki is a huge help for a lot of these hidden variable missions. Unfortunately no matter how many battles I survived I didn't have the equipment to get her through them all, and I always wind up with Hilstara permanently injured. At least for this one playthrough.

Fogel

May 2, 2016
Thanks, the wiki is a huge help for a lot of these hidden variable missions. Unfortunately no matter how many battles I survived I didn't have the equipment to get her through them all, and I always wind up with Hilstara permanently injured. At least for this one playthrough.
I think time injured is based more on your actions before the battle, on how well you stabilized the Aramite Front during the war. Not on the direct battle.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah, you need a Aramite Front score of 36 to get a non-injured Hilstara.

If you check the guide using CTRL+F and looking for Aramite Front you should get a clear view on how to accomplish it. Bear in mind that the first seeds happens at the Border Incident.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Yeah, you need a Aramite Front score of 36 to get a non-injured Hilstara.

If you check the guide using CTRL+F and looking for Aramite Front you should get a clear view on how to accomplish it. Bear in mind that the first seeds happens at the Border Incident.

It's been a while since I did a lot of those things, but if I remember correctly my score on the Aramite Front should be at least +20 by the time Hilstara loses and I was still getting the permanent disability result. I've already saved after since there didn't seem to be any way to avoid it, so this playthrough is already gotten its final verdict. Maybe I'm suffering from the bug Sierra mentioned in the update notice.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Which is worse loss of stability or collateral damage?

The Instability can inflict penalties if you let it to grow too much, but you have a bigger margin that with Ardoheim CD or specially Yhilin CD and very similar to Aram CD (Stineford, Zirantian and IKD don't have defined numbers). OTOH, a really high CD global (+100) will complicate the things in the future. You know that is that high if Sarai appears in the Conference Chamber. I try to play to minimize both Yhilin and Ardoheim CD and I worry less about Instability, if that helps you.

Reactions: Decanter

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Uh... surprise? I didn't plan on doing another TLS update before my side project, but I ended up working on it and so I released a chunk just now.

Rather than focusing on story, this update introduces a first for the game: a heavily customizable home base. You can expand new rooms, upgrade various systems, and so on, but that includes cosmetic customization. Here's how the same room looks with different choices:
Xs0DOIb.png

Each element is controlled individually via a control room. Phew, this thing took a bit of work:
5wZdqaS.png

It's not all mechanics, though: you'll be able to reconnect with members of your harem, see some of what's happened during the break between chapters, and see the setup for chapter four.
UoAYIkD.png

Yarra is excited, anyway:
ZYVkVGo.png

I'm not sure about a public release for this one. It will depend on how many changes I make based on patron feedback and how soon I think the next update will be. See everybody then!

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
Uh... surprise? I didn't plan on doing another TLS update before my side project, but I ended up working on it and so I released a chunk just now.

Rather than focusing on story, this update introduces a first for the game: a heavily customizable home base. You can expand new rooms, upgrade various systems, and so on, but that includes cosmetic customization. Here's how the same room looks with different choices:
Xs0DOIb.png

Each element is controlled individually via a control room. Phew, this thing took a bit of work:
5wZdqaS.png

It's not all mechanics, though: you'll be able to reconnect with members of your harem, see some of what's happened during the break between chapters, and see the setup for chapter four.
UoAYIkD.png

Yarra is excited, anyway:
ZYVkVGo.png

I'm not sure about a public release for this one. It will depend on how many changes I make based on patron feedback and how soon I think the next update will be. See everybody then!
Whats the current side project called

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Whats the current side project called
Desecration of Wings. It's an hRPG - I was aiming for the feel of a full length NES or SNES title. It's finished and a few dozen patrons have played it, but I'm waiting on some pixel art assets (and the art for the scenes is on hold due to artists being difficult to work with).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Woah that is a surprise, wasn't expecting another update till november at the earliest!

So where is this new home base located? In the former Incubus King/Emperor/Duke/Superking's Domain or Yhillin?

I kinda got used to the cozy tunnels under the palace of Yhillin, but I suppose we're moving up in the world and a proper base of operations is needed.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Hmm, just got a chance to start playing again, and I was wondering how come the name, Doomed King, didn't get mispronounced as Doom Dick King.
English pun: Doomed King= Doom-d King -> Doom d-king -> Doom Dicking -> Doom Dick King

Reactions: lostone2

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Woah that is a surprise, wasn't expecting another update till november at the earliest!

So where is this new home base located? In the former Incubus King/Emperor/Duke/Superking's Domain or Yhillin?

I kinda got used to the cozy tunnels under the palace of Yhillin, but I suppose we're moving up in the world and a proper base of operations is needed.
It's in neutral location within the Incubus Emperor's old territories. While it's not the old tunnels, I've tried to design a base that starts out a little empty and becomes cozy over time as you gain characters, upgrade stuff, and so on.

Hmm, just got a chance to start playing again, and I was wondering how come the name, Doomed King, didn't get mispronounced as Doom Dick King.
English pun: Doomed King= Doom-d King -> Doom d-king -> Doom Dicking -> Doom Dick King
Haha, somehow I think that wouldn't catch on as quickly among humans.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New update, everybody!

Content:
- Three brand new nations: New Givini, the Chalice States, and Tak'Kan
- Free travel: access opened to nearly every nation on Arclent
- Conclusion of the party gathering quest
- New plot dungeon
- Two new plot scenes
- New round of investment returns
- 25+ new investment opportunities
- Unrestricted ability to convert ProN to Sx
- Enemies have regenerated around the world

HKUUSgJ.png

This update gives access to the new nations you created in the wake of the war, for the first time letting the player freely travel (almost) anywhere in the world. So look forward to places and characters both old and new.

qi8ubT6.png

You can also expect various elements of the game to advance, both the core plot as well as many characters. The characters also get to visit a key location for the first time in the newest dungeon.

2wiQpiA.png

And there are tons of new investments, so look forward to balancing the desires and goals of many nations and characters. Some of them are simpler than others:
M7zPx8T.png

This is a really broad update and honestly I'm kind of stretched thin. But this one is definitely going public, since it ties together the basebuilding stuff, lets you progress the main quests, and advances the story. I'm just not sure when. Either in one week, or in two weeks with more content added. I wanted to add more sex scenes, for example, but ran out of time.

Anyway, will update then!

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Can't wait for this next update!

Judging from the looks of it, that's New Givini at the top right? Looks real pretty.

My main concern is how the hell am I gonna afford even a fraction of all those investment options which I'm betting will almost all cost a pretty penny, even with another round of Pron given out. Hopefully the wiki will have gotten out as much information as it can by the time the free-to-play update drops.