The Last Sovereign

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015

Fogel

May 2, 2016
So I just got started, and I just wanted to point out how much I love Mestan.
While all of the characters are very well rounded, his dialogue in this episode is just pure hilarious on top of that.

Reactions: lostone2

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Oh, thanks! Mestan isn't the most popular character, but I wrote him to try to add a new flavor to things, so I'm glad you like him!

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I have not played the game since you defeated the I. Emperor (and lost my old saves), so I just catched up.. :D

I really like the new content!
The Succubus kids look so adorable ^_^

Replaying everything got me thinking though.
Simon tried to rescue so many people and tried to solve their trauma.. so why does it seem no one tries to help Andra?
I get it that she is not popular, but I can't help but to see the similarities betwen Serai and her:
Both are struggeling with their sexual needs which clash with their position. But While Serai is liberal, open-minded and surprisingly secure in her beliefs,
Andra seems more ..insecure. She appears as someone who was brought up very conservative and in her struggle with her own sexuaity she became zelous and lashed out on others.
She lossed everything when she was kicked out and seems half-mad when we see her again, but instead of trying to help her (and thus maybe gaining an ally, or at least a new lay sister for the chalice) people laugh at her?
That seems cruel, especially since every one loves to comment how understanding Simon is.
So yeah, maybe people see her as a hypocrit, but I see her as a flawed person who needs help to come to terms with her own flaws.

On another note, my personal view of Hesther has improved somewhat, but I can't really place why.. ^^'

Also, while it is interesting to follow Simons journey, I realyl often stumble in positions where I think I would be fundamentally opposed to him and his views/opinions.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just had to get this off my chest...

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Hey, glad you caught up and enjoyed all the new content! I'm glad to finally include the succubus kids. ^-^

Replaying everything got me thinking though.
Simon tried to rescue so many people and tried to solve their trauma.. so why does it seem no one tries to help Andra?
I get it that she is not popular, but I can't help but to see the similarities betwen Serai and her:
Both are struggeling with their sexual needs which clash with their position. But While Serai is liberal, open-minded and surprisingly secure in her beliefs,
Andra seems more ..insecure. She appears as someone who was brought up very conservative and in her struggle with her own sexuaity she became zelous and lashed out on others.
She lossed everything when she was kicked out and seems half-mad when we see her again, but instead of trying to help her (and thus maybe gaining an ally, or at least a new lay sister for the chalice) people laugh at her?
That seems cruel, especially since every one loves to comment how understanding Simon is.
So yeah, maybe people see her as a hypocrit, but I see her as a flawed person who needs help to come to terms with her own flaws.
That's a serious approach to things, and I won't deny I played Andra as comic relief. Having said that, while they were off screen, many efforts have been made to help her, particularly from Sarai. In my experience, people who are that gripped by a specific worldview tend to react viciously to "help" that they'll just perceive as attacks. She's alienated most of the people who have tried to help her. As for Simon, I never intended to write him as perfectly understanding. He has a hard time looking past how many people Andra has hurt with her policies.

In any case, I didn't intend to write Andra as insane. She's the same person that she was before, it's just that her zealousness has taken her in the opposite direction. Like people who go from being fundamentalists in one ideology to advocating another equally zealously. Regardless, it's not like she's being raped or doesn't have the presence of mind to make such decisions - she's just working out a lifetime of repression in the only way she knows how.

Will get to your private message in a bit!

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Hey, glad you caught up and enjoyed all the new content! I'm glad to finally include the succubus kids. ^-^

That's a serious approach to things, and I won't deny I played Andra as comic relief. Having said that, while they were off screen, many efforts have been made to help her, particularly from Sarai. In my experience, people who are that gripped by a specific worldview tend to react viciously to "help" that they'll just perceive as attacks. She's alienated most of the people who have tried to help her. As for Simon, I never intended to write him as perfectly understanding. He has a hard time looking past how many people Andra has hurt with her policies.

In any case, I didn't intend to write Andra as insane. She's the same person that she was before, it's just that her zealousness has taken her in the opposite direction. Like people who go from being fundamentalists in one ideology to advocating another equally zealously. Regardless, it's not like she's being raped or doesn't have the presence of mind to make such decisions - she's just working out a lifetime of repression in the only way she knows how.

Will get to your private message in a bit!
I guess it depends on what is seen as help. A discussion can always help, if both sides are honest with their basic axiomatic. Sometimes, problems can be solved by simple reevaluating your own doctrine - something which is easier in a discussion with someone who challenges your positions.
Unfortunatly it seems Andra was one of those people who think questions and discussions itself are heresy, when -in my opinion- only answers can be blasphemous.

But, weirdly I find myself disagreeing ith you in one point (unless I misunderstood) : I do not think she changed her ideology. She has fallen her ideal and thus is corrupted and evil. Since she has now fallen to evil, she has to act evil. I think she feels the need to act like this, because she *has* to be completly corrupt, because if she would still be the same than a good chunk of her ideals would be false.. I hope that makes sense ^^'

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the development of the religious aspect, especially since it is a difficult topic.

There is one thing I have to ask: When the game ends, will there be still mysteries in the gameworld? Questions without answers and different views?
I think it would be a shame if everything gets answered, it ..cheapens the philosophical struggle of its inhabitants..

Regardless, thank you for your answer and keep up the good work! =)

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
There is one thing I have to ask: When the game ends, will there be still mysteries in the gameworld? Questions without answers and different views?
I think it would be a shame if everything gets answered, it ..cheapens the philosophical struggle of its inhabitants..
While some mysteries will remain at the end of the game, during the course of these last two chapters the characters will get a lot of answers about the fundamental workings of their world. Some fundamental questions from the real world will remain unclear, but many of the supernatural issues the characters are concerned with have definite answers.

thedoubleyew

Oct 27, 2015
I got bored and started going through some of the files...and holy hell there are a lot of variables from all the different decisions! Must be hell trying to keep things organized....

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
I got bored and started going through some of the files...and holy hell there are a lot of variables from all the different decisions! Must be hell trying to keep things organized....
Oh, I quite enjoy it! The only downside is that I can't keep all of the variables in my head sometimes, so errors slip through.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
TLS 0.34.0 is out for patrons!
You'll be getting another round of income for all those investments, and the party will be delving deeper into reality than they have before:
hnCT1p6.png

After the politics of last time, the characters will also take a chance to relax. For example, a certain bear girl will be making a big decision:
RcbkVar.png

But I know people really play this game for the hawt, sexy philosophical discussions. I finally implemented a miniquest where visiting various bars around the world with Orcent will give scenes that include spicy personal reflections, naughty character development, and taboo theological discussions. Get it now before Patreon bans me!
DxLDSMR.png

In all seriousness, this update is more than a breather between events. The party's journey will... not be uneventful.
Vt5oRwC.png

This one should be going public in a week!

Fogel

May 2, 2016
But I know people really play this game for the hawt, sexy philosophical discussions. I finally implemented a miniquest where visiting various bars around the world with Orcent will give scenes that include spicy personal reflections, naughty character development, and taboo theological discussions. Get it now before Patreon bans me!
You joke, but I have mainly play this game because of the characters. Smut is secondary.

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
You joke, but I have mainly play this game because of the characters. Sex is secondary.

What joke? The way Sierra writes politics and philosophy gets me hard... metaphorically speaking at least.

Reactions: mokeo

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
There's a new TLS release, and it was a doozy! XD Sometimes I'm not sure what to screenshot, but this time I had to throw out a lot of potential screenshots.

This update involves the initial conflict with the Fucklord. It will not involve running errands.
dLFMEfp.png

You'll be exploring multiple new Tower locations - this is a war over territory.
3hTmMLY.png

And a war of politics, of course! Not that I suspect there was any doubt, but I hope everyone enjoys a look at orcish democracy:
b9lYaiF.png

But in addition to all that, the war contains quite a few character moments I hope people will enjoy.
yVbOeFD.png

And finally:
DPE09ob.png

Due to the size and complexity of this one, it will probably take two weeks to go public. Please look forward to it!

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
But in addition to all that, the war contains quite a few character moments I hope people will enjoy.
yVbOeFD.png

And finally:
DPE09ob.png

Due to the size and complexity of this one, it will probably take two weeks to go public. Please look forward to it!

FINALLY! After all that time exploring the underworld Simon learns the spirit bomb... and Cumdump figures out how to bang literary devices.

Reactions: Cog

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Those spider's in the infested house are wuppin my butt

Some tips (from the wiki, you can find some useful links there):
  • The bigger ones should be silenced by Simon to avoid the Foul Blast AoE skill.
  • The smaller ones (with red eyes) attack twice so they should be weakened by Aka.
  • I suggest that you get one or more Thief's Pins.
  • Be sure that you already have as much experience as possible from the other dungeons.
  • I would advise to have Simon and Hilstara keep stunning/bashing spiders.
Keep in mind that, for most players this is the most difficult of the whole game, but the rewards are pretty useful in various fronts.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Keep in mind that, for most players this is the most difficult of the whole game, but the rewards are pretty useful in various fronts.

Now that the optional beach has been nerfed at least. That area was definitely the hardest when it first released.

CleansingFire

Aug 27, 2015
Now that the optional beach has been nerfed at least. That area was definitely the hardest when it first released.

I don't know why people got that impression. The original port mission took me two attempts, but that's because I spent too much potions on the first attempt, including revivals. The spider house took me multiple attempts and fervent prayers to RNGesus.

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
The hidden Port was nerfed more than once in the different versions of the 0.17.x updates. The first version was a bit brutal as all the damned Ephemeral Moths drained your mana reserves like crazy... Robin & Simon were too busy using potions to help much and Yarra and Nalili are not the most efficient duo to deal damage.

There is a certain (optional) fight in the new section that had been a bit troublesome... No idea if it would be changed in the public version.

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I don't know why people got that impression. The original port mission took me two attempts, but that's because I spent too much potions on the first attempt, including revivals. The spider house took me multiple attempts and fervent prayers to RNGesus.

I didn't use potions in the spider house or Devil's Pass, although I did take a couple attempts for each. The port mission wasn't too bad until I ran out of potions with 2 battles left. It took me several attempts to finish it after that.

DisneyVillan

Feb 16, 2018
I'm having a bit of trouble in Aka's route with the house jade clerk in the painting shop. I have to copy him with Trin but I click on the King painting twice exit come back click again but no one's there, what's up with that?

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I'm having a bit of trouble in Aka's route with the house jade clerk in the painting shop. I have to copy him with Trin but I click on the King painting twice exit come back click again but no one's there, what's up with that?
Mhm, have you talked to him in the Jade House? He should appear after talking to him there and then just clicking the portrait once (he should enter the shop at that moment)

In the Jade House he should say something about getting a picture of the late king.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New version of TLS on the blog!

http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2018/06/tls-0356-public-release.html

TLS 0.35.6 [6/29/18]
- More polishing.
- The Dwarren Embassy investment now benefits the Aramite Tower section.
- Wynn gets RP from the Zirantian Tower segment, Sarai from Yhilin's.
- Dari is now visible during the ritual. This change is purely cosmetic, but I know some wanted it. ^-^
- Nalili's Blade of Lust skill now counts as defeating an enemy (thanks to Decanter for assistance).
- Fixed music and looping thanks to Lamsey.
- The game now has a custom executable icon thanks to BetatesterFP.

This one is a large update with some of everything, so I hope everyone enjoys!

DisneyVillan

Feb 16, 2018
Sorry to post twice in a row but one thing.
The succubus children are the cutest little shits I have ever seen!