The Last Sovereign

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Can't wait for this next update!

Judging from the looks of it, that's New Givini at the top right? Looks real pretty.

My main concern is how the hell am I gonna afford even a fraction of all those investment options which I'm betting will almost all cost a pretty penny, even with another round of Pron given out. Hopefully the wiki will have gotten out as much information as it can by the time the free-to-play update drops.

We will try! And yeah, you will have plenty of options to invest or use ProN for various things, as Sierra has included all the investments for this chapter already... Also we are a bit stuck on how we are going to put the info in the Investments page.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest two versions of TLS are now publicly available! Check it out at the blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2017/12/tls-0314-public-release.html

Updates:
- A ton of stuff, since this is a double public release.
- All the base-building content implemented, plus the preview option.
- Three new nations with the matching characters and plot.
- Access to updated versions of nearly ever location in the game.

Basically, I'm trying to start chapter four off with a bang and create a robust amount of background content for the plot of this chapter. Please enjoy!

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New version! It is big and scattered, maybe a screenshot would be more concise:
86vyg1f.png

But if you want the thousand words version...

Version 0.32.0
Core Additions
- New extra-dimensional dungeon and advancement of plot.
- One new plot scene.
- New slate of research unlocked.
Unlockable Content
- It is now possible to finish Yhilin, transforming it into a state where succubi and orcs have fully integrated.
- Janine can now join. One plot scene plus three affection scenes.
- Wynn can also join. One plot scene plus three affection scenes.
- Altina now has a synergy skill.
- The reshaped form of Varia can now create her custom weapons.
Additions and Balance
- Substantial changes to the balance of the Givini Orc Merchant investment.
- Instead of revisiting the southern tunnels in Eustrin, there is a new tunnel area.
- The House of Petitions is open in Ari-Yhilina again, with second chances at certain discretionary funding investments you may have missed.
- There's an event when returning to the merchant camp.
- There's an event if you return to the shrine where you found Starke.
- New miniature quest in the Stineford region, starting in the succubus tower.
- There are three conversations when entering Janine's room, with various conditions.
Details and Visuals
- An anti-crash script has been added that will hopefully cut down on RPG Maker instability.
- Teleport room changed to matched the geography of the continent.
- Some new custom sprites courtesy of Bug Fixing.
- Full base bookshelves courtesy of Decanter.
- Lots of bugfixing and improvements, as always.

I hope this is the last really broad update and ones after that can be more plot-focused. Having said that, some of the pieces here have been long-awaited. ^-^ One more screenshot:

q2PJngg.png

Also hope to be able to release publicly in a week, barring problems. My goal is to finish off all the minor side content I've deferred in the past, so as to focus more on new plot segments. Anyway, enjoy!

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Woohoo, first new version of the year! But wait, why does Simon only have one eye? And is Janine's wedding dress transparent?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Woohoo, first new version of the year! But wait, why does Simon only have one eye? And is Janine's wedding dress transparent?
I think both of those are effects of the screenshots being expanded - for example, Simon's eye has always been like that. You'll see how they look in the game.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Holy crap, I wasn't expecting an update this month due to you releasing Kingdom of Deception's new version too, this is a pleasant surprise indeed! :D

Can't wait till the public release drops, so I can scour the continent for all this new stuff, some of that is stuff I've been waiting several versions for (finally we get Janine! Poor girl's been on the sidelines for some time now). :toot:

lostone2

Aug 27, 2015
Will there be new chances to reduce Simon's anger if we failed in our original playthrough

Pretty sure that it will be similar on how the Relationship points work. You can miss some and still lock the affection with a girl later. It just takes a bit more time until new opportunities appear.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Well, it took a lot of struggling with Steam, but my next complete side project will be released soon! You can find it here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/793450/Desecration_of_Wings/

tJyyuFC.png

This game has many parallels to TLS, so please give it a look! Though it's shorter than TLS, it's also complete and has full art. In patched form, it has 25 base CGs and 100+ images total.

Finishing up projects like this helps stabilize me as a creator and ensures that I can keep developing the game. ^-^ I'll post again when DoW launches, but otherwise, next up is TLS 0.33.0!

Last edited:

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Sierra Lee your picture looks like a scene from a horror RPG game where a girl is trying to erase herself. She needs to smile for a smile party so she goes to a women who tells her fucked up stores to give her a crazy smile.

Your picture looks like that scene.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Sierra Lee your picture looks like a scene from a horror RPG game where a girl is trying to erase herself. She needs to smile for a smile party so she goes to a women who tells her fucked up stores to give her a crazy smile.

Haha, I'll take it!

any other games you working on after DoW not TLS
With all the time Steam wasted, I am really missing TLS, so I hope to focus on that next and steadily over the next while. But yes, I have some other projects in the works!

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
With all the time Steam wasted, I am really missing TLS, so I hope to focus on that next and steadily over the next while. But yes, I have some other projects in the works!

You know I'm really surprised you decided to go with Steam at all, yeah sure there are a lot of other nsfw games starting to pop up there and yeah steam has next to a monopoly on digital download support for games market, the steam platform though is so full of toxic people who on occasion write pretty bad reviews that aren't even a paragraph long.

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
The Steam market is, like, orders of magnitude larger than other markets. Some people writing dumb jokey reviews barely qualifies as toxic, let alone prohibitively so. And that's presuming she has to pay any attention to the community there, which probably isn't true. Goodness knows many devs don't.

Anyway, it's also available on Nutaku and presumably will be released on other platforms like itch.io simultaneously with Steam. Not sure why that wasn't mentioned.

Blank Dream. Powerfully emotional story.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah, Steam is the biggest game in town, so it's my first priority. But if you prefer itch.io or GameJolt, I hope to release it there before too long. Other sites will take a bit longer, but I intend to release the game in many locations. It's just that Steam is the main platform where sales and reviews can potentially lead to more people playing the game.

Blank Dream. Powerfully emotional story.
Neat, onto the list of things to play it goes!

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
sounds great to me

you planning on selling it anywhere besides steam?

itch.io or GameJolt releases are planned though I'm sure Sierra Lee will let us all know when that is going to happen. SL is unlike some game authors quite active in updating here on these forums.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So is all the stuff with Desecration of Wings done? I know it sounds selfish, but I've been dying for another update to Last Sovereign, it's already been two months since the last build. I was hoping at least the Backer Build would have come out today, so I could more or less guess when the Public Build would be released.

Damn you Steam and your byzantine processes for slowing down Sierra! :mad:

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
which one gets you the bigger cut?
Between those two, itch.io. If anyone doesn't care about stores at all, Steam + review helps a lot. Regardless, thanks a bunch!

So is all the stuff with Desecration of Wings done? I know it sounds selfish, but I've been dying for another update to Last Sovereign, it's already been two months since the last build. I was hoping at least the Backer Build would have come out today, so I could more or less guess when the Public Build would be released.

Damn you Steam and your byzantine processes for slowing down Sierra! :mad:
The Steam imbroglio really did take a lot out of me, sorry. =( Not just the time consumed, but because I spent a while operating on the assumption that I would get an affirmative response at any moment. I still have to spend some time responding to people, but the DoW launch is basically complete, yes. New TLS build will come out sooner rather than later, I hope.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
With Desecration of Wings complete and released, it's time for another TLS update!

This update is all about politics, trying to capture the deal-making and decision-weighing of past segments in a completely different way. As hinted last time, you'll be taking a direct hand the Ardan succession crisis:
t3QgMtO.png

This will take you back to Ardford for the first time since Chapter 2, where you'll meet some old friends:
wXLnTtf.png

Some more momentously than others.
2PF98gh.png

And finally, Yarra has feelings about all this:
ZwNLl0k.png

Just due to how my schedule has lined up, you're going to be seeing Ouroboros and some other stuff from me over the next while. But definitely look forward to some TLS updates that really move the plot along! Starting with this one being released publicly in a week.

EXTREEEEEEEEEME FIIIIIISHIIIIIIIIING
Glad you liked that gag. ^-^