Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

Malum Oculus

Jan 30, 2016
I know this might seem stupid, but how do you leave the mansion? I looked everywhere, and I don't know how?

Watchman

Aug 21, 2017
I know this might seem stupid, but how do you leave the mansion? I looked everywhere, and I don't know how?

Press the "Leave to Town" button in the bottom of the menu that appears when you place your mouse pointer on the left side of your screen.

TW-Luna

Apr 24, 2017
Just wanted to add my two cents. Having a good time with the game but I do have to agree with some of the other posters in here that there is a real difficulty spike at the beginning.

On my first playthrough I started with the alchemist background, that was a huge mistake. Perhaps it wouldn't be a terrible idea to add recommended tags to, say, the aristocrat and merc starts. With the free armor and weapons from the merc start I had a much easier time on my second start.

Additionally, more descriptions wouldn't go amiss. Like how stress works, how to gain and lose it. Or a better description of what each servant job entails and what can be earned.

Last edited:

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
Thanks for the reply. This simply means starting a new game correct? Not purging the entire directory?

Some minor things:
1. .sexuals.unlocked is now broken and should seemingly be replaced with .consent
2. add_trait(globals.origins.trait('')) is now broken and should seemingly be replaced with add_trait('')
3. Purchasing multiple items to backpack only grants one of the item while costing the full amount.

Deimios

Dec 4, 2017
Found a few issues with 0.5.3.2b, on windows64, new game started on current version:

1. The origin point of the hovering notifications on the bottom right (the green/red alerts about status changes) has a tendency to to move down, offscreen. Hiding/showing the UI resets it. Maybe affected by having a lot (10+) of notifications at once.

2. The random event where a slave breaks something on purpose to get punished, the option (-25 Punish sexually) doesn't cost energy, doesn't close the dialog and looks like it increases loyalty for every click.

3. In battle when an enemy tries to run away if you assign a party member to pursue the battle freezes. You can freely assign actions for the remaining party members but the actions will not execute when pressing F or the button.

4. Have to enter the patreon code every time I exit. Maybe not a bug, but it's annoying.

I will try and provide more details and screenshots but currently I'm too tired due to having played strive4power till 4AM.

A few feature requests:

a. Lust indicator on main slave list screen. Maybe a white to green to red transition on the heart icon.

b. Inventory item stacking. Probably others have asked for this as well, but managing the inventory after a certain point is a pain right now. And not a good kind of pain.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Found a few issues with 0.5.3.2b, on windows64, new game started on current version:

1. The origin point of the hovering notifications on the bottom right (the green/red alerts about status changes) has a tendency to to move down, offscreen. Hiding/showing the UI resets it. Maybe affected by having a lot (10+) of notifications at once.

2. The random event where a slave breaks something on purpose to get punished, the option (-25 Punish sexually) doesn't cost energy, doesn't close the dialog and looks like it increases loyalty for every click.

3. In battle when an enemy tries to run away if you assign a party member to pursue the battle freezes. You can freely assign actions for the remaining party members but the actions will not execute when pressing F or the button.

4. Have to enter the patreon code every time I exit. Maybe not a bug, but it's annoying.

I will try and provide more details and screenshots but currently I'm too tired due to having played strive4power till 4AM.

A few feature requests:

a. Lust indicator on main slave list screen. Maybe a white to green to red transition on the heart icon.

b. Inventory item stacking. Probably others have asked for this as well, but managing the inventory after a certain point is a pain right now. And not a good kind of pain.
Thanks for the report.
Patreon code should certainly be saved after activating and saving the game.

BortBit

Dec 4, 2017
In version 0.5.3.1d, does the second Labratory upgrade do anything yet? I'm not seeing any changes when it's upgraded. No new treatment options or even treatment time decreases. Is that WAD?

Also, how does one level progress Mute NPCs? I'm assuming that because they are mute one cannot use the "explore their potential" dialogue option, so is it guesswork? - Answered in the 0.5.3.2 changelog.

Last edited:

Karlimero

Dec 8, 2016
for me assigning any girl to work as fucktoy seems to be causing a glitch.
when i end the day, the day counter progresses, i do gain money and the mansion becomes dirty, but the report window does not pop up, food does not apear to go up or down and i do not recover stamina.

BortBit

Dec 4, 2017
0.5.3.2c Has been released to public. Links are at the first post.
Thanks, Maverik!

Are saves from 0.5.3.1d compatible, or should we start a new save?

Also, can you help with the question below?

In version 0.5.3.1d, does the second Labratory upgrade do anything yet? I'm not seeing any changes when it's upgraded. No new treatment options or even treatment time decreases. Is that WAD?

Last edited:

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
The elixir of regression is still bugged along with others that still use the old code. Still some old consent checks as well.

Thanks, Maverik!

It has been stated that it is not compatible.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Thanks, Maverik!

Also, can you help with the question below?
Saves from 0.5.3+ should be compatible.
Now, second laboratory upgrade does not do anything yet.

Reactions: BortBit

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
The elixir of regression is still bugged along with others that still use the old code. Still some old consent checks as well.
They all use the old code, its just some aspects has been changed. What other parts are still broken?

BortBit

Dec 4, 2017
If you're open to suggestions, I'd like to pass a quality of life suggestion along regarding the laboratory.

The laboratory feels very micro-managey, and it would be nice if one could queue modifications up to happen in sequence rather than having to do them one at a time, then re-enter the laboratory to kick off the next one. A modification queue would total all the resources and time needed for each modification, plus a "convenience fee" of extra days to represent the time needed for the servant to heal and relax in between sessions.

Someone inclined to micro-manage the process could save time by using spells in between modification sessions to bypass those extra days, but otherwise players could get all the modifications done in one action as long as they had the necessary resources and didn't mind the time it took to do so.

Bobjax

Dec 15, 2017
Is there an actual Obedience score that is visible? Just started but I have a slave that shows green text on the inspect screen and on the list to the right but complains every day and is not obedient enough to use for slaver quests.

BortBit

Dec 4, 2017
Is there an actual Obedience score that is visible? Just started but I have a slave that shows green text on the inspect screen and on the list to the right but complains every day and is not obedient enough to use for slaver quests.
Nothing is immediately displayed, but it can be shown when you cast the Mind Reading spell.

Reactions: Bobjax

Scars Unseen

Sep 23, 2017
I have a small suggestion for the UI. Currently, when a servant levels up, they get a "(+)" beside their name to let you know. The problem I'm running into is that some servants have names long enough to run off of the available screen space, which causes their level up indicator to be hidden. So I was thinking that perhaps instead of putting a new symbol by the name as an indicator, why not just change the color of one of the existing icons instead? Since you have to go to the stats screen to talk to the servant and level them up, that seems to be the most appropriate one for this purpose to me.

For example, I currently have this on my screen:

sVGVuFA.png

But by changing up the icon when a servant can level up, you could have it look like this:

XaE8ppq.png

I believe it would be much clearer when a servant needs to level, and would help to make the game a bit less dependent on font size for usability.

I took the liberty of making an edit to the stats icon file, if you want to make use of it. stats.png

ittox

Dec 17, 2017
I hope we can reencounter some of lady we don't take in our mansion. Personnaly I let Emily go with her sister and apparently they move to the town XD ( I think they are too poor for ate but OK )

Kanthis

Oct 6, 2015
Is there a method to investigate someone's potential who's Mute?

Incidentally, Found an Odd bug. Some how, one girl's Pregnancy "Jumped" to another Girl.
One girl got Pregnant, some time later, it disappeared and another girl (Tisha, btw),
Tisha Gave Birth to the child but the "mother" is still displayed as the first girl.

Unintended Surrogacy.

Last edited:

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
You know, I started a new game recently (after downloading a more-recent version) and I've found that there seems to be a pretty serious case of Early Game Hell. It's almost impossible to make any money because, frankly, my girls all suck. The addition of requirements you have to meet before you're even allowed to level them up (and subsequently make them suck less) doesn't help either. I don't have the gold to improve my facilities or anything and I'm struggling to make ends meet. It just seems very hard to get anywhere, let alone get any decent loving.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
I've noticed that many people seem to have difficulty in the early game. I've found it works better to just stick with the initial servant until you have a cash reserve and some facility improvements made. I usually set up the initial servant to be able forage and/or hunt immediately. Also with just two people you don't burn through food and cash as fast. So how to make money at the beginning? You must do slave guild quests and for the infusion of cash do the first two mage guild quests (they are usually easy to do). Don't fall into the temptation to buy slaves or recruit some of the quest characters early on. Getting to the three towns with slave markets is an early priority so there are more guild quests to choose from. Usually it take 30-60 days before I'm ready to have more than 2 or 3 slaves.

Kanthis

Oct 6, 2015
Best Early money making method I've found is to buy up as many ropes as you can,
Stay in first map and catch any thing you can,
sell them all off to buy more Ropes,
Repeat....

It's boring and tedious as hell but since you can keep doing this as long as you have health left, there's little downside.

Karlimero

Dec 8, 2016
i strugle a lot early on, once your slaves generate enough food to get by, you naturally want another slave to earn money for you, then you also need one to keep the place clean, at which point you realize that they eat too much food again, not to mention that more and more of your slaves will start to become displeased with tehir luxury.

finding a good balance quickly is important, otherwise you'll just continue to spiral downwards.
what you should be doing early on is to get two slaves, one to hunt and switch the other one arround between foraging and cleaning, until both slaves actually get good enough to find more food than they need themselfs.

if you get lucky early on you can ditch the whole hunting and foraging thing and make your first slaves work for money and buy food instead.

Deleteman900

Aug 13, 2017
I've recently picked up this game along with another called 'Free Cities' which has a pretty cool 'intro guide for noobies' feature that helps folks learn how to function. I think that Strive could benefit from something similar.

tl;dr: Currently the tutorial only explains the most basic mechanics, and even then only in broad strokes. Your average player won't give enough of a fuck to figure out what's going on and how to actually succeed at the game.

So far, my initial experience is that I don't feel comfortable going past the Wimborn Outskirts, since I'm usually pretty low on HP by the time I get past the first 5 encounters. I understand that if I rest and eat that'll give me some get up and go to continue further on, but that's 20 gold down the drain for me at least, potentially even more pricey if you have more than your starting girl in your party.

I chose to start as a mercenary, (would be nice to get the good armor, rather than the beginner armor), and made both my character and my starting girl start with points in strength and endurance and I'm almost stable. I can't quite seem to maintain a positive cash flow AND a positive food income, even with one girl foraging and one plying the wimborn market every day. I just don't get how I'm supposed to pull off this balancing act and avoid continuing to spiral ever downwards into eventual debt. Slaver's Guild quests are positively TAUNTING me with those juicy gold payoffs, but they always want something like a halfkin fox or a nereid. I don't even know where to go to get those to start appearing!

I'm going to restart the game and avoid buying a second slave, and see if that helps at all. But currently there seems to be all this content out there beyond the wimborn outskirts, and I can't figure out how I'm expected to get powerful enough to break out of the starting zone and explore it. I did some xp grinding and got my starting girl to level 2, even! But it wants a deterrent potion. I don't even know what the tits that is.

EDIT: I don't know if I kinda sorta got lucky or something, but on my restart I built my starter to be good at hunting and shit, and snagged a decently charming, above average catfolk to work as a prostitute. Even at half-income (for not having sexual actions unlocked) she was making about 21 gold a day, which was more than adequate to buy the food that my starter couldn't hunt. From there, it was just a matter of grinding a little extra gold to actually play the game. Building Agi/End helps (Not sure if the fact she was a gnome helped to boost courage or not, but above average courage helps for your main food-gatherer. Buying armor honestly didn't seem to make much of a difference. Even with the aristocrat start, a pair of daggers for MC and starter was adequate to capture the human for the starter mage guild quest, and the elf for the brothel quest.

I don't know how code-heavy implementing it would be, but the arbitrary restriction on only being able to expend supplies/food to rest once per day seems kinda 'ehh'. How feasible would it be to implement day/night cycles and an in-system clock to track taking actions and things? Or even a more abstracted measure of 'this is how much you can do in a single expedition' than depleting your energy and being able to rest once to regain it? I can get through some things in a single trip, but it seems like the current design almost requires purchasing the portal stones when you find new cities, or else you eventually just don't have enough gas to go far enough. I do like the public teleportation service implemented (pay 25 gold to return to the mansion) but it's kinda hidden away in a menu that I almost never go to, so finding it was a complete happy accident for me. I've found a system that works for me, but the new player experience was... kinda tough to get into. If I hadn't gotten into it while my net was out, I might never have persevered.

One last little pro-tip, after using the 'abuse' interaction in your mansion, you appear to be able to repeatedly buy off the stress by using the 'make a gift' option in the praise menu. As long as the girl starts from minimal stress (the green end) or as close to it as you can manage, and you have 100 energy before the abuse interaction, you should be able to abuse her, build loyalty by making her orgasm, and then buy her stress out of the red zone. That's how I did it for my starter and the two cat-girls I have, who currently act as my money-makers by performing as exotic whores.

PeterBlack

Jan 15, 2016
I'm going to restart the game and avoid buying a second slave, and see if that helps at all. But currently there seems to be all this content out there beyond the wimborn outskirts, and I can't figure out how I'm expected to get powerful enough to break out of the starting zone and explore it. I did some xp grinding and got my starting girl to level 2, even! But it wants a deterrent potion. I don't even know what the tits that is.
The "item required for levelup" mechanics could do with some kind of revision, since there's basically no correlation between "current quality of the slave" and "what you need in order to level them up". Possibilities include:
  • Unlock intimacy with the slave. (I haven't tested whether forcibly unlocking intimacy works.)
  • Give the slave an item buyable from the market (e.g. Sundress, Leather Armor).
  • Give the slave a potion makable by alchemy (e.g. Deterrent Potion).
  • Give the slave one or more random Essences.
  • Raise the slave's grade at the Guild. Costs money and slave-days.
  • Win a fight with the slave in your party.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
Here's how I do an "easy" start. Have an aristocrat back ground for more money. Pick a race for your self that produces some kind of magical essence during sex, I often choose a beastkin or halfkin. For the starter girl, pick a race that give some kind of magical essence during sex. My favorite currently is a demon. Choose a magical background for her, since it boosts her wit it gives her a good start for foraging. Don't give her aphrodisiac or contraception at first. This way you will be spending no money at first. Use your slaves initial skill point for agility. Now set her to foraging. She will be bring in enough food to feed both of you and generate a small surplus. Go to the mage guild and get the first quest for a human female with 40+ beauty. Usually there is one in the first batch in the slave market for not too much cash. If not, new slave appear every day, so keep haunting the slave market. If you are lucky, there might be a cheap easy quest like the wife replacement. If so do it, you will make a tidy profit and have a bigger cash cushion. After doing the first mage guild quest, you will learn Mind Read, which is helpful for slave management and doing Slave guild quests. Melissa will also give you a little cash. Don't get any new slaves until you have completed Melissa's fairy quest. The last two games I've started there has been a fairy for sale in the Wimborn slave market early on. Make money doing slave guild quests. Your first venture into the outside should be to find Gorn. This is straight forward and not too dangerous. Wait until you have enough cash to buy the portal stone in Gorn. The path is Wimborn outskirts to Prairie to Gorn outskirts to Gorn. Eat your lunch just before Gorn. Check the slave market, buy the Portal stone, and teleport home. For your first slave focus on making her an expert hunter, putting points into strength and endurance. Hunting will also slowly increase her courage. As soon as you can afford armor and daggers for the two of you, go bandit hunting in the Wimborn outskirts. Only fight the bullies, there are only two of them and you get reputation points with Wimborn. The fights will also increase her courage and give both of you experience points. If your hitpoints get low, avoid encounters, go to the end of the outskirts, have lunch, and return home. If you are completing slave guild quests regularly you should soon have enough money to give her aphrodisiacs and contraception. Praise her every two days, since she is not human, and soon she will ready to have sex. Soon you will have plenty of mana and a supply of two kinds of magical essence to sell. Now you are ready for another slave. For me, I have been finding a fairy or drow of commoner background available early on at the Wimborn slave market so I buy them if they are cheap enough. These can quickly qualifly as Mage Order Assistants. These make more money more quickly than common whores.
The path to Frostford is dangerous if you don't have a character with sufficient alertness as you can get ambushed by giant spiders in the Marsh.