Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Honestly, comparing notes with people like this, it seems like the opening stages of the game need an overhaul. It just seems too much like hard work, rather than fun, and you seem to be far too restricted- in a slave trainer game, the recurring theme seems to be "don't acquire any additional slaves, you can't support them". That's a sign of poor balance more than anything else.

Reactions: Sogen and Milkman

sovasin

Dec 26, 2017
Hey, just started this game and it's been pretty fun. however I have a few questions about custom images. I made a custom slave at the start of the game and I have a lot of pictures I can use as portraits and body pics. So I dumped all of them into the respective portrait/body folder in appdata/roaming/strive. However, ingame I can only select a specific picture at a time and it permanently uses that portrait/body picture all the time. Is there any way I can get it to randomly pick one of the many portrait/body pictures I've imported whenever I interact or view the girl? Or is there a way to get certain body pics to show up during sex scenes only?

Right now it seems like I'm restricted to just picking a single portrait/body picture and I'm wondering if that's intended or if there's something I'm missing.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Honestly, comparing notes with people like this, it seems like the opening stages of the game need an overhaul. It just seems too much like hard work, rather than fun, and you seem to be far too restricted- in a slave trainer game, the recurring theme seems to be "don't acquire any additional slaves, you can't support them". That's a sign of poor balance more than anything else.
If you want lots of slaves early in the game, play sandbox mode. Otherwise it's a design centred around advancement: you are not supposed to get everything at day 1 because that counter addicts idea of getting richer and stronger as your mansion grows.

Hey, just started this game and it's been pretty fun. however I have a few questions about custom images. I made a custom slave at the start of the game and I have a lot of pictures I can use as portraits and body pics. So I dumped all of them into the respective portrait/body folder in appdata/roaming/strive. However, ingame I can only select a specific picture at a time and it permanently uses that portrait/body picture all the time. Is there any way I can get it to randomly pick one of the many portrait/body pictures I've imported whenever I interact or view the girl? Or is there a way to get certain body pics to show up during sex scenes only?

Right now it seems like I'm restricted to just picking a single portrait/body picture and I'm wondering if that's intended or if there's something I'm missing.
Right now there's no option for that. It probably will be implemented at some point.

hecatoncheyr

Dec 27, 2017
I really enjoy this game, its great. However, I'd like to humbly suggest some UI changes for quality of life reasons. Especially on larger screens, there is A LOT of mouse travel to opposite sides of the screen (for various buttons) and lots of unused screen real estate that could be filled. The two most painful examples are when breaking in (several) new captures and the combat screen (which I won't cover in this post). For breaking in new slaves/captures, its clicking talk, then navigating to the pop-up dialogue menu, then punish, etc--- then clicking the next slave and doing it all over again-- takes quite awhile.

I've created a photoshop album [ https://imgur.com/a/g50YO ] to show the affected area and for the additional suggestions. For the stat page its mostly just removing the buttons from the dialogue box (leaving the dialogue box alone) and nesting them next to the other buttons already on the screen (depending on what you're interacting with). Clicking communal room brings up a submenu to the side, clicking talk brings up a different submenu to the side, etc.

For consistency between all the tabs (stats, inspect, customize, sexual); I've whipped up some similar menus as suggestions for those screens.

On the inspect screen, I've moved the portrait from the right side to the left side (because my eyes generally--cant say for other people-- jump to the portrait first), so by moving it to the left side my eyes still jump to the portrait but also to the beginning of the description (without having to scan across the page) in-line with typical left-to-right reading styles. I've also taken the portrait selection, body image, custom description, nickname, relatives, and statistics buttons from from the customize and stat tabs (respectively). This is mostly because the inspect page shows all the slave's descriptors, so if I want to know more about my slave, this is where I want to go (ideally) to see it. Jumping to other tabs to fish for information is kind of a chore, so this puts it all in one spot.

Since I stripped out some of the basic slave descriptor buttons on the customization tab, the customization tab is now exclusively for setting the slave's rules and the deeper customization properties. Each of the (deeper) customization properties (like hairstyle, hair color, hair length, tattoo, and piercing) have been removed from their pop-up submenus and given their own buttons. I didn't do this page 100% the same way for every option--- because everything fully expanded to its own buttons on the screen would be overwhelming, but at the same time some of the smaller menus could be expanded.

Hair styles could be compressed into a single arrow up/down toggle like 'Hair color' is, but could also be left as single selection toggle buttons (as shown). I do prefer having piercings and tattoos expanded to their own buttons-- because currently you have click 4 times to select a new tattoo or piercing (tattoo-face-tribal-apply) but with this change you'd only need to click 2 times (face-tribal) or maybe 3 times (face-tribal-apply) since the dialogue box will show cost of the change. Possibly a hover-tooltip would be enough to say the requirements/cost of making a change-- maybe a pop-up dialogue if you don't have the money/materials.

I also snuck in (don't hurt me) a draft of cosmetic selection menu-- since this game heavily features in customizing your slaves-- I figured a few additional degrees of customization wouldn't be frowned upon. (Either as flavor text or like the tattoos with minor stat boosts). The sidebar is now exclusively for rules or things you can make the slave do.

On the sexual tab, I've only moved the unlock/partner/group/forced buttons from the bottom to the top left to be consistent with the other tabs. (I often forget that the forced button exists because its low position on the screen).

Obviously these are SUGGESTIONS ONLY for the UI, I don't expect any changes honestly, but I figured some user feedback on how to make the game even nicer would be OK.

Urchin

Mar 23, 2016
So, I've just spent hours enjoying this game! Really amazing stuff! I was honestly expecting just your run-off-the-mill slave management game, but this one really stands out from the rest! The number of different races is great - some pretty imaginative fantasy races that you don't often see in games like these!

One thing that especially impressed me was the option for M/M stuff. I started the game with my brother as my first servant and I used the new interaction system to basically have the two of us take turns to 'break in' the new girls. However, as time went on and the brother character's loyalty increased, I ended up taming the brother character as well haha - lots of fun! I really appreciate the time you took to implement the M/M stuff. It's great to have the choice to have fun with both sexes!

I don't know if you're looking for suggestions, but there are two things I would mainly like to see. Firstly, I love how we can use the Majorus Concotion on the servants' breasts and butts to plump them up. Being able to control your servants' weight like that is really fantastic! But I was wondering, could there be an option to apply the Majorus Conction on the servants' bellies? Or just another way to fatten them up for our own pleasure. For example, my brother character and my headgirl character both had the "Better Food" customisation ticked for some time. It would be great if their description reflected that they were noticeably chubbier and more well-fed compared to the less-favoured servants slumming it in the communal rooms. Or maybe another option for "Extra Food" as a customisation option? I think being able to affect servants' weight would be an amazing addition! Not to mention, there could a lot of opportunities to have fun events regarding a servants' weight (Option 1: humiliate them in front of the other servants, Option 2: demand they eat even more, Option 3: tell them that it's fine, Option 4: ignore - for example!) Anyhoo, this is just something I'd personally like to see! I hope you like this suggestion!

Another thing I'd love to see is for a way to break a servant out of some bad traits. Especially after acquiring max loyalty, it would be nice if there was way to coax or forcibly train them. I have a coward servant who has fought over 100 battles with me and has maxed out courage, but is still a coward. It would be nice if I had an option to iron out his bad traits after enough training.

Just those suggestions from me! You're doing amazing work on this! I will definitely keep on eye out for more updates! Keep up the great work! x

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
I really enjoy this game, its great. However, I'd like to humbly suggest some UI changes for quality of life reasons. Especially on larger screens, there is A LOT of mouse travel to opposite sides of the screen (for various buttons) and lots of unused screen real estate that could be filled. The two most painful examples are when breaking in (several) new captures and the combat screen (which I won't cover in this post). For breaking in new slaves/captures, its clicking talk, then navigating to the pop-up dialogue menu, then punish, etc--- then clicking the next slave and doing it all over again-- takes quite awhile.

I've created a photoshop album [ https://imgur.com/a/g50YO ] to show the affected area and for the additional suggestions. For the stat page its mostly just removing the buttons from the dialogue box (leaving the dialogue box alone) and nesting them next to the other buttons already on the screen (depending on what you're interacting with). Clicking communal room brings up a submenu to the side, clicking talk brings up a different submenu to the side, etc.

For consistency between all the tabs (stats, inspect, customize, sexual); I've whipped up some similar menus as suggestions for those screens.

On the inspect screen, I've moved the portrait from the right side to the left side (because my eyes generally--cant say for other people-- jump to the portrait first), so by moving it to the left side my eyes still jump to the portrait but also to the beginning of the description (without having to scan across the page) in-line with typical left-to-right reading styles. I've also taken the portrait selection, body image, custom description, nickname, relatives, and statistics buttons from from the customize and stat tabs (respectively). This is mostly because the inspect page shows all the slave's descriptors, so if I want to know more about my slave, this is where I want to go (ideally) to see it. Jumping to other tabs to fish for information is kind of a chore, so this puts it all in one spot.

Since I stripped out some of the basic slave descriptor buttons on the customization tab, the customization tab is now exclusively for setting the slave's rules and the deeper customization properties. Each of the (deeper) customization properties (like hairstyle, hair color, hair length, tattoo, and piercing) have been removed from their pop-up submenus and given their own buttons. I didn't do this page 100% the same way for every option--- because everything fully expanded to its own buttons on the screen would be overwhelming, but at the same time some of the smaller menus could be expanded.

Hair styles could be compressed into a single arrow up/down toggle like 'Hair color' is, but could also be left as single selection toggle buttons (as shown). I do prefer having piercings and tattoos expanded to their own buttons-- because currently you have click 4 times to select a new tattoo or piercing (tattoo-face-tribal-apply) but with this change you'd only need to click 2 times (face-tribal) or maybe 3 times (face-tribal-apply) since the dialogue box will show cost of the change. Possibly a hover-tooltip would be enough to say the requirements/cost of making a change-- maybe a pop-up dialogue if you don't have the money/materials.

I also snuck in (don't hurt me) a draft of cosmetic selection menu-- since this game heavily features in customizing your slaves-- I figured a few additional degrees of customization wouldn't be frowned upon. (Either as flavor text or like the tattoos with minor stat boosts). The sidebar is now exclusively for rules or things you can make the slave do.

On the sexual tab, I've only moved the unlock/partner/group/forced buttons from the bottom to the top left to be consistent with the other tabs. (I often forget that the forced button exists because its low position on the screen).

Obviously these are SUGGESTIONS ONLY for the UI, I don't expect any changes honestly, but I figured some user feedback on how to make the game even nicer would be OK.
Have you considered using different screen resizing settings? In latest versions there have been some changes on how those work now and I have some plans to make game's screen resize itself for bigger resolutions later so the screen would look very different from your screenshots.

hecatoncheyr

Dec 27, 2017
Have you considered using different screen resizing settings? In latest versions there have been some changes on how those work now and I have some plans to make game's screen resize itself for bigger resolutions later so the screen would look very different from your screenshots.

I did try that setting out. But IMO, its better just to play in the window the game creates when starting up instead of that setting. It feels exactly like playing 800x600 fullscreen (like in a different game) on a 1920x1080 monitor which is not particularly nice to look at. All the text is blown up and is blurry, which I noticed is causing my eyes to focus on the text longer to try and 'sharpen it'. The buttons are (excessively) large-- with the bottom menu (mansion, inspect self, battlegroup, etc) are now 2inches/5cm long-- and (largely) makes it feel like I should be playing on a tablet or something. Using the setting seems to eliminate the point of using a large screen at all, because I still have to use (for instance) the scroll bars in certain areas even though there is plenty of space on the screen to display the information without needing them.

Actually it makes sense (to me) now why there are buttons (and scrollbars) in the pop-up menus-- because if you play in the default game size window or when using the resize setting--- there isn't any more space to put those buttons anywhere next to the other buttons. Which isn't a problem larger screens have, since there's plenty of space.

If I were to 'rank' the different screensizes/settings, I'd rank them (best to worst) as follows:

1. Just use the fullscreen window I use in my screenshots.
2. Use the game's startup window size.
3. Use the resize/scale setting. (Tablet mode?)

Ideally I'd like more information on my screen (via all the suggestions above)-- not just the same information larger.

Thanks for listening anyway.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
I did try that setting out. But IMO, its better just to play in the window the game creates when starting up instead of that setting. It feels exactly like playing 800x600 fullscreen (like in a different game) on a 1920x1080 monitor which is not particularly nice to look at. All the text is blown up and is blurry, which I noticed is causing my eyes to focus on the text longer to try and 'sharpen it'. The buttons are (excessively) large-- with the bottom menu (mansion, inspect self, battlegroup, etc) are now 2inches/5cm long-- and (largely) makes it feel like I should be playing on a tablet or something. Using the setting seems to eliminate the point of using a large screen at all, because I still have to use (for instance) the scroll bars in certain areas even though there is plenty of space on the screen to display the information without needing them.

Actually it makes sense (to me) now why there are buttons (and scrollbars) in the pop-up menus-- because if you play in the default game size window or when using the resize setting--- there isn't any more space to put those buttons anywhere next to the other buttons. Which isn't a problem larger screens have, since there's plenty of space.

If I were to 'rank' the different screensizes/settings, I'd rank them (best to worst) as follows:

1. Just use the fullscreen window I use in my screenshots.
2. Use the game's startup window size.
3. Use the resize/scale setting. (Tablet mode?)

Ideally I'd like more information on my screen (via all the suggestions above)-- not just the same information larger.

Thanks for listening anyway.
Try use base screen resize but set values to 1360x768. Imo it gives pretty good resolution in the end.
Otherwise we will be working on default screen resolution soon.

Urchin

Mar 23, 2016
Oh, in addition to the stuff I mentioned above like the trait correcting and Majorus concoctions on the belly, I just wanted to point out a bug (at least I think it's a bug).

For the forced mode in the Interaction minigame, I have a male servant who is max loyalty, max obedience, but I get the reply saying he's low obedience for a number of different acts, even after spanking him until it says "shows total obedience" in green letters. This includes pretty tame actions like the Double Kiss.

Just to let you know! Great stuff otherwise!

Also, I may have missed this because I'm foolish, but I was playing around with the Minorus/Majorus concoctions. Is there any way to go back to having a masculine butt/breast? It seems to go back to flat without ever going to masculine. Same with the lab - is there any way to remove the female parts after adding them? I wanted to make my male servant go through a female phase, but then I realised I couldn't really change him back!

Thanks for reading!

StrivingForGlory

Jan 1, 2018
Anyone know how you get rid of the Sex-crazed trait? I've tried potions, changing occupation, and unlocking all of the affections, but still can't find a solution.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
Anyone know how you get rid of the Sex-crazed trait? I've tried potions, changing occupation, and unlocking all of the affections, but still can't find a solution.
Most traits can not be removed. The only ones I know can be removed are: Prude, Pliable, Uncivilized, and Regressed. You can take actions that remove Prude and Pliable. A potion or sometimes a slave with the Tamer specialty will remove Uncivilized. Training at the Slave guild will remove Regressed.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
For the forced mode in the Interaction minigame, I have a male servant who is max loyalty, max obedience, but I get the reply saying he's low obedience for a number of different acts, even after spanking him until it says "shows total obedience" in green letters. This includes pretty tame actions like the Double Kiss.
There are some actions that a slave will not do if forced, no matter their obedience or if they have agreed to have sex generally. So you can vaginally or anally rape them, but anything that requires their active participation they will refuse, such as kiss, blow job, hand job, kiss nipples. If they have agreed to have sex and this session is consensual they will do any thing. The notification you get (low obedience) is misleading. I checked this out using the cheat mode to give a slave max obedience, loyalty, and lust. If they have the "Likes it rough" trait, they will do anything during a Abuse Interaction. I didn't check the Masochist by its self.

Kanthis

Oct 6, 2015
Doesn't work for the quest though. I've tried.

Nvm. Didn't notice you can hover over quest and it explains how to make it

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
using strive-for-power-win64-public-v0.5.4.1e

1. When you level up a girl's endurance, her max HP rises but her current HP doesn't rise, effective making her wounded from leveling up.... I had a girl miscarry overnight because I raised her endurance and it dropped her health to red (since it is percentage based). This is also exploitable with a new capture that comes with floating points. Capture them, they are now in jail with 5HP. heal them with spell for +obedient +liking you. raise their endurance by 1, heal them again. repeat with as many points as you have available for rapid early prison gains.

2. The game needs to be more clear that a person has unspent attribute points, especially the MC.

3. There needs to be some way to quicksell some of the captives but not others. So that you can keep one or two you actually want but sell the rest. At the moment, even though you are at home town, you still need to buy teleportation trinkets to teleport the ones you want to keep and then hit quicksell.

4. when you return to your mansion with captives, the game should warn you and let you choose what to do with them. On occasion I forget and returned to mansion with 15 captives. it put 1 in prison, 4 in rooms, and auto-released the rest because I couldn't fit them into the mansion.

5. I think the starter girl should already start out intimate with the MC. after all it suggests you have had her for a while and you desperately need a source of mana.

6. If you disable furry the starter girl race options still show furry choices.

7. Speaking of mana, combat spells cost so much mana. that magic is simply not viable for combat. You need to spend a week doing nothing but sex to produce enough mana for a few battles. And you still suck at it compared to just pumping up agility, wearing decent equipment, and hitting them with a sword.

8. when selling items at market to merchants, they don't recognize magical items. it shows up as white colored text instead of green, doesn't tell you what it does, and they pay you the same as a non magical version. (I am talking about things like "dagger +3" that has 4+3 damage vs a non-magical dagger that has 4 damage.

9. when buying items from merchants, you don't get a full description. for example armor just says its armor... only when you buy it do you get details such as "40% damage reduction and +5 armor"

10. ok, I need enough rope to bind captives, fine... but why don't I get the rope back when I sell them or bring them back to my mansion?

11. Slave guild repeatable missions give mansion upgrade points. moreso than selling the same slave. but it doesn't explicitly say so. Also, how much extra? is it always 50% extra or does it depend on the mission difficulty?

12. When selling a well trained slave it says "will give you mansion upgrade points". but it doesn't say how much. (although I am thinking slave grade = 1. poor grade = 2. common grade = 3. rich grade = 4... noble grade ???, probably 5?)

13. For some reason, every time I turn in a quest, the window which shows the NPCs replies and the rewards automatically closes itself after a fraction of a second

14, Saved games are sorted by date, where the newest save is at the bottom of the list. the more saves you have, the longer it takes to scroll. This should be backwards, where new saves are at the top so that you can load the latest save without having to scroll 7 pages worth of old saves first

15. I think it would be neat if in the mansion library you could look up the race writeups (even on races you don't have in your mansion). And also city info. And see the character gallery

16. Race is underlined and looks like a hyperlink, and if they are a slave in your mansion then it is a hyperlink and opens a new window with a description of that race. But if you are inspecting them after battle to decide if you should capture them or not then it still appears like a hyperlink but doesn't actually work.

17. If the cook is unavailable for X days for some reason or another, then I cannot assign someone else as the new cook until they return. I accidentally sent my cook to the gorn alchemist for 15 days... had to manually buy food every day :(.

18. If you had intimacy with cali before sending her to her home. then when she comes back her special scene doesn't trigger. And remains locked in the character gallery.

19. The Tisha Hale scene "older sister will have to "stay up" for the younger" remains locked in the character gallery even after being acquired and watched. (took me a while to figure out how to get that one even with the hint!... of course i was doing it on a temp save because I would rather be nice. still want to unlock it for gallery)

20. During special character scenes, the buttons to continue/make choices cover the bottom of the text. and as such the last few sentences in each scene are unreadable.

21. By default pregnancy is vastly accelerated. being done in about a month instead of 9. It would be great if there was an option to disable that and have the normal duration pregnancy.

22. Food spoilage depends entirely on quantity and not on day. Buying 500 food at once will see a bunch of it spoil overnight. a way to keep track of it, is that whenever food is bought what would get put into your inventory is "food - 0 days old" and every time you hit the finish day button add 1 to days of all the different stacks of food. Then afterwards calculate spoilage based on age. Also prioritize older food for use by the cook first. Food can also be hidden in regular inventory to avoid creating a mess.

23. when the cook is buying food in market every day it would be great if they actually calculated how much you need based on your current reserves, population, and perks such as luxury dining. And then bought exactly how much is needed. They still can do it if you manually do the math and then input it mansion settings and then modify it manually every time you change quantity of slaves or quality of food... but I think it would be better if such math was automated.

Last edited:

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Tamer says they need to be in charge of, working in the same job, or resting in order to tame wild slaves. Does being a headgirl count?
also, does headgirl benefit from any stats? because it doesn't say anything about that in the description

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
does anyone know how to unlock cali's special scene? based on the hint about waiting, I thought maybe I need to finish her quest first without unlocking intimacy... did that, tried waiting a bunch of days afterwards... nothing. tried doing a lot of kissing an no sex after unlock, still nothing.

... so, anyone has an idea what i am doing wrong here?

edit: I tried redoing her arc without unlocking intimacy, didn't work. I tried unlocking intimacy and not taking her virginity while kissing every day. didn't work... anyone has a clue on how to unlock her scene?

Last edited:

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
Ugh, this bugs me... 0.5.5e, I found a girl (er, futa) trespassing, took her as a slave, and the game stops autosaving, my Energy won't restore, I don't have any clue what else it does, and the console log thing says:
SCRIPT ERROR: updatestats: invalid get index 'person' (on base: 'Dictionary').
At: res://files/scripts/slave_tab.gdc:815​
Dunno what it means, exactly, or how to fix it, but it bugs me... I need my Energy. Do I have to kick the girl to the curb?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Ugh, this bugs me... 0.5.5e, I found a girl (er, futa) trespassing, took her as a slave, and the game stops autosaving, my Energy won't restore, I don't have any clue what else it does, and the console log thing says:
Dunno what it means, exactly, or how to fix it, but it bugs me... I need my Energy. Do I have to kick the girl to the curb?
you should post it here
https://itch.io/t/89635/bug-report-thread

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016

There are issues with captured slaves in the most recent versions (5.5x). I assume the game is handling these event slaves as captured (not quest or purchased). In any case, this slave is causing the end of day routine to crash. When that happens your energy will not recharge and if you look closely some other amounts that increment at the end of the day are not incrementing properly either. The only solution until Maverik gets this fixed is to quit the game, restart it and get rid of the slave. I haven't seen your exact issue, but I have seen other very similar issues.

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
There are issues with captured slaves in the most recent versions (5.5x). I assume the game is handling these event slaves as captured (not quest or purchased). In any case, this slave is causing the end of day routine to crash. When that happens your energy will not recharge and if you look closely some other amounts that increment at the end of the day are not incrementing properly either. The only solution until Maverik gets this fixed is to quit the game, restart it and get rid of the slave. I haven't seen your exact issue, but I have seen other very similar issues.
I figured it out, at least part of it, I sold her a bit ago. Selling her fixed it, and when I went to see the slaves available for purchase, she showed up on the list of slaves for a bit, and there was something peculiar about her. Most slaves have a Grade of Slave, Poor, Commoner, etc. Hers was "person". There's no such Grade as "person". So, if someone looks here with the same problem, there's a fix.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
So, does this mean that Windows Vista (shh I know) is unable to play this certain game as a download?

Attachments

• striveerror.jpg
    striveerror.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 8

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Basically, yes.

Also I know you said "shhh" but... Why the fuck are you still on Vista?

<><

Jun 22, 2017
So, does this mean that Windows Vista (shh I know) is unable to play this certain game as a download?
If you don't want to pay for a new operating system you could try Ubuntu(Linux), its free and it can probably run more then vista can.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
Figured. I've been pretty lucky that most games are still playable on here. Only reason why I still have Vista is that I simply just haven't been able to afford to buy a new OS yet. Hopefully that can change later on this year.

And also thanks, I'll check out Ubuntu and see how that works. Appreciate it. At least there's the semi-workable web browser one to play for now. lol