Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

Ikta Sorlok

Apr 21, 2018
Ok so I hit a error, I cannot cancel out of branding, I am using the version 0.5.7d and the output that is given any time I hit a cancel button when it comes to branding is :
SCRIPT ERROR: _on_cancel_pressed: Invalid set index 'visible' (on base: 'null instance') with value of type 'bool'.
At: res://files/scripts/slave_tab.gd:341

I will past this at the other site that was indicated by someone else earlier

Ikta Sorlok

Apr 21, 2018
also can I ask (since I want to try my hand at making a custom character) where would I find the files for the construction of one of the character's in the game, such as emily, with a pre-determined set of traits/stats

Edit, Never mind, I believe I managed to find it

Last edited:

ittox

Dec 17, 2017
Hi,
I download version 5.8, I had the old version 5.3 but version 5.8 don't find the old save,
any tips to do ?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Hey how do I have sex with my servants?
Raise their loyalty and obedience to the max, then slowly over time their affection for you will increase and eventually they will agree to have sex with you.
You can also use tricks like mind magic and love potions.

redpenguin

Aug 7, 2016
There is no option to do as such. I used to play 4.8 (I think that was the version) and you could initiate sex or rape scenes via interacting with your slaves/followers but now the sexual tab seems to be gone. Has it been removed since or relocated?

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
There is no option to do as such. I used to play 4.8 (I think that was the version) and you could initiate sex or rape scenes via interacting with your slaves/followers but now the sexual tab seems to be gone. Has it been removed since or relocated?
All of the interaction options have been moved to the Mansion page. If you click on the Interactions button, a new page opens. At the top of the page is a Mode button. Click on it to tab through the 3 different kind of interactions available. Interactions have been massively changed. For instance the sexual interaction are much involved and precise. I haven't tried the tutorial to see if the new interactions are explained.

redpenguin

Aug 7, 2016
Oh OK the tutorial hasn't been changed since version 0.4.8 then. Thanks for answering the question.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
You dont need to invest time/resources to build the relationship is a benefit, as well as getting mana from it. The drawbacks are only major if you actually plan to raise the slave to get better stats and such.

Just laying out the options here.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
You dont need to invest time/resources to build the relationship is a benefit, as well as getting mana from it.
You can get mana from literally any other slave though. There is no limit on how much mana per day you can get from the same slave

That slave still costs resources while in prison, while a well treated slave would bring income from her work

furthermore, you need to grind maxed out obedience and loyalty slaves to fulfill repeated quests (or sell, but that is less efficient) to get resource points to upgrade he mansion. Raping a girl in prison significantly delays how soon she is ripe for sale.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
If you want an easy and relatively hassle-free way of getting mana, just go out into an explorable area, beat up some bandits, and rape them on the spot once you're done (best to do it somewhere you can solo them with just your own character to avoid upsetting any girls by making them witness it). I did a single pass through the Wimborn Outskirts and racked up an easy 20 mana just beating up and raping thugs that were harassing passers-by and a bandit gang, even with about half the enemies escaping.

...man, now that I say that out loud, it makes me realise what a fucked-up hobby we have...

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
If you want an easy and relatively hassle-free way of getting mana, just go out into an explorable area, beat up some bandits, and rape them on the spot once you're done (best to do it somewhere you can solo them with just your own character to avoid upsetting any girls by making them witness it).
If the girls witnessing it are... I am not sure if it is loyalty or horniness. But they they can avoid disliking you for that. And yes, raping bandits lets you get arbitrary quantities of mana.

That said, mana is of highly limited usefulness, since combat magic sucks and mind reading is redundant for harem management. pretty much only saving it for branding new girls. Or that high mana mindrape spell to instantly turn a fresh captive into a sellable merchandize
...man, now that I say that out loud, it makes me realise what a fucked-up hobby we have...
yea

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
If you want an easy and relatively hassle-free way of getting mana
It's easier to get mana from your first slave. They are usually easy to convince to have sex. I usually get around 60 mana from a single encounter, which is more than enough early in the game. It does increase their lust which makes them useless in combat. I never used to rape bandit and thugs, but now if your combat companions are loyal and horny their lust is decreased when you rape thugs and bandits. Only need to do it once per expedition which is good since money is a more scarce resource than mana. I rely on my slaves skills to make money after the early part of the game and slave guild quests for upgrade points. But one of the good features of this game is that it supports several different play styles.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
It's easier to get mana from your first slave
Slaves take daily stamina to get manam limiting the amount you can do a day. You can rape unlimited bandits per day. It lowers your stamina down to 0 and then you can keep going with no limit

anyways, you shouldn't be using magic in combat. and if you are not using magic in combat then your mana needs are very low.

oh, also... the god stat of combat is agility.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
Slaves take daily stamina to get mana
This isn't quite right. The number of sexual interaction you can do IS based on the MC's stamina, but it doesn't consume any stamina. I usually have enough stamina for 2 sexual encounters early in the game and more later as my stamina goes up. I get between 40-60 mana from individual interactions and 130-160 from interactions with two slaves at once. Also orgasms increase loyalty rapidly. My biggest use of mana is the Guidance spell so I can zip around country without getting tired and having boring encounters.
Indeed, agility reigns supreme.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
This isn't quite right. The number of sexual interaction you can do IS based on the MC's stamina, but it doesn't consume any stamina. I usually have enough stamina for 2 sexual encounters early in the game and more later as my stamina goes up. I get between 40-60 mana from individual interactions and 130-160 from interactions with two slaves at once. Also orgasms increase loyalty rapidly. My biggest use of mana is the Guidance spell so I can zip around country without getting tired and having boring encounters.
There have been some mechanics changes since I last played so its possible they already switched to the new sex system.
As for guidance spell, why bother? you can just spam click through encounters, taking barely any time at all.

Incuboss

May 19, 2018
This is honestly one of my favorite h-games. The slave management system and the customizability is so good. I was a little miffed that you have to sacrifice one of your slaves to get Melissa though. It's the main thing that has stopped me from completing the final quest. I need to figure out a way to game the system first. Haha.

Incuboss

May 19, 2018
Ha, I'm way too tech incompetent for stuff like that, but it's nice to know that there's a way to do so.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
so like i have a question, when im in the elven lands and i help out someone who is being attacked by wolves or plant monsters, sometimes i get that option for them being greatful and i can ask for nothing, rewards, them for sex, or them to join me, thing is i cant ask for nothing from them, and i see an error in the engine editor about it, its like the option cant be clicked, but it says it is, im not sure of my version but i wanted to know if this was fixed, or if their was away around this bug, because id like to build rep with the elves but sadly its hard because very few are attacked, i spend days without seeing one mishap and i wonder if this was not fixed how can i build rep with them quickly, if its even possable??

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
so like i have a question, when im in the elven lands and i help out someone who is being attacked by wolves or plant monsters, sometimes i get that option for them being greatful and i can ask for nothing, rewards, them for sex, or them to join me, thing is i cant ask for nothing from them, and i see an error in the engine editor about it, its like the option cant be clicked, but it says it is, im not sure of my version but i wanted to know if this was fixed, or if their was away around this bug, because id like to build rep with the elves but sadly its hard because very few are attacked, i spend days without seeing one mishap and i wonder if this was not fixed how can i build rep with them quickly, if its even possable??
Those encounters are certainly rare. I have not seem your issue (ver5.13b, the most current) in any of my games, but again the encounters are rare. If you do have a current version, you can copy the error text from the console and pass it on to the creator on his patreon page. The version number is on the lower left corner of the Main Menu screen. I don't know of any other way to build reputation with the elves.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
my ver is 5.11a... it seems that is most likely my problem, and if i could use patreon i would, but i never fidgured out how to use that page, h games i play are free, and i dont have money for patreon, i do like the game however, sad i cant pay for it, but not much i can do about that right now

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
my ver is 5.11a... it seems that is most likely my problem, and if i could use patreon i would, but i never fidgured out how to use that page, h games i play are free, and i dont have money for patreon, i do like the game however, sad i cant pay for it, but not much i can do about that right now
I was curious so I changed the encounter script to increase the chance to rescue someone in the Elven Forest. After several of those encounters I haven't seen any issues. I think tthere is a newer public version(5.12a) than the one you have.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
well if i can get it for free i would love it, but if its on patron i dont know how to use their site without paying for it, its very confuing to me, so i often go to random sites witch is bad, but i liked this game and found this form.... if you can help me find said newer version and download it so i dont have to pay or use a credit card it would help, i am an adult but you cant have a credit card without money in the bank and i have none

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
well if i can get it for free i would love it, but if its on patron i dont know how to use their site without paying for it, its very confuing to me, so i often go to random sites witch is bad, but i liked this game and found this form.... if you can help me find said newer version and download it so i dont have to pay or use a credit card it would help, i am an adult but you cant have a credit card without money in the bank and i have none
The latest public (free or pay what you can) version is always on Itch.io. The download links on Patreon are to Itch. Here's the address https://strive4power.itch.io/strive-for-power . Also the fix for the elven rescue requires inserting single line of code in the exploration script. The error still occurs in the most recent version so I can show you how to fix it if you are interested.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
thank you very much :3
eh sorry to continue to bother you, but how do i install the portrait pack? i mean what i was doing was giving myself an image at a time, but if their is like a fire derectory for images what is it?

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
i has a better question now that i figured out how to put in portaits how do i install full body images?? they dont seem to be like normal images, and id be nice if i could do that like the built in game girls