Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
This is honestly one of my favorite h-games. The slave management system and the customizability is so good. I was a little miffed that you have to sacrifice one of your slaves to get Melissa though. It's the main thing that has stopped me from completing the final quest. I need to figure out a way to game the system first. Haha.
is there in game indication ahead of time that you need to do so? if so, then IC just capture an ugly male bandit, cast the mindrape spell on him, and then use him as the sacrifice
That way it won't feel like you are sacrificing one of Your precious slaves

Also, you need to constantly sacrifice slaves to get resource points to upgrade the mansion... which I do via capturing random bandits and mindraping them. Pretty women are better there. Honestly I only seriously consider as my real core slavegirl harem those who are Named character

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
well the thing is their is not a full portraits for each race, as such i wanna give ones for my "core harem" slave girls, because im the kind that likes to have one of each race, rather then a random a sort meant, i sell my captured slaves after "breaking" them in the jail, and they become loyal enough to sell for upgrades, but im past that point, almost the end, but when i play again id still like to know hoe to do full portraits if at all possible, and if not o well, thanks for any time given to responding to me

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
is there in game indication ahead of time that you need to do so?
There is no advanced indication. There is a choice,basically you trade Melissa for your "best" slave. I can't figure out how the best slave is calculated (even though I looked at the code), but in any case you don't get to choose.

Also, you need to constantly sacrifice slaves to get resource points to upgrade the mansion
You don't NEED to do this, although it is convenient. You also get upgrade points form completing guild quests, which increases reputation as well.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
There is no advanced indication. There is a choice,basically you trade Melissa for your "best" slave. I can't figure out how the best slave is calculated (even though I looked at the code), but in any case you don't get to choose.
Ah, that is pretty annoying.
You don't NEED to do this, although it is convenient. You also get upgrade points form completing guild quests, which increases reputation as well.
Guild quests are what I was talking about when I said sacrifice. You could theoretically just sell them but that is dumb compared to guild quests which give you more resource points per slave

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
just capture some random bandits and hold them in your jail until they are loyal enough to sell, then you dont really sac "your" slaves, just some random ones.... also what he/she meant by the quest thing was you can buy a slave from them and trade in a quest right then and their, ive done that a couple of times alread

Colourless

Aug 29, 2015
My Laptop says the .exe is not a valid Win32 file, but my download is labeled as win32-public. Can anyone confirm if there's a problem with the file or if it's just an issue on my end?

Incuboss

May 19, 2018
Heads up: The devblog doesn't seem to open for some reason. It just keeps telling me there is adult content and when I click to proceed, it refreshes the same page. If possible, could you copypaste what the changes in the new version are?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
How do I move my save files from an older version (0.5.4.1e) to the current version (0.5.15d)?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
I get this error message when running v0.5.15d. It still loads despite the error.
The error is on the command prompt the launcher uses.

OpenGL ES 3.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2
Boot splash path: res://files/buttons/loading.png
An error occurred when trying to access the path.
SCRIPT ERROR: randomportrait: Unable to iterate on object of type Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/characters/constructor.gd:177

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Heads up: The devblog doesn't seem to open for some reason. It just keeps telling me there is adult content and when I click to proceed, it refreshes the same page. If possible, could you copypaste what the changes in the new version are?
Try to clean your cookies, but devlog does not really updated frequently. For changes you can click 'changelog' in main menu.

How do I move my save files from an older version (0.5.4.1e) to the current version (0.5.15d)?
I don't think saves this old would work on latest version at all.

I get this error message when running v0.5.15d. It still loads despite the error.
The error is on the command prompt the launcher uses.
Try to reinstall the game, I'm not sure what would cause it.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
I don't think saves this old would work on latest version at all.
I managed to find it (in game in the save menu there is a button to open the directory)
turned out the old saves were in \appdata\roaming\strive2
while new saves are in \appdata\roaming\strive

anyways, you are correct that the saves don't work. Loading them seems to have deleted all slaves and reset MC to level 1, also broke a whole lotta things. can't even import the unlocked gallery which is a real shame.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
well i did not like the face gallery so much, but i did like alot the full body images that were posted those were great, thanks to those who did that... hope to see more someday, i would make them but sadly idk how

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
and yes before you try to post how, id need a video explaining how, because im that bad at tech stuff

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
and yes before you try to post how, id need a video explaining how, because im that bad at tech stuff
How what? transfer saves? no point, even if you do it the newer version can't properly process the older saves.

cattalina

Jun 8, 2018
so hey folks, i just read that my heal can be used in combat, like how do i go about putting it into the a combat slot, so i can use it?? it used to be you could do it in combat but i cannot figure it out sense i updated it by a number of versions, help a lady out?

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.5.22b is out for public, new endgame area, new items and bosses. Links at the first post.

Reactions: mrttao

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
How are you supposed to use magic? I have a lot of mana and already bought some spells from the Guild, but I'm not able to use them.

Aside that, can you have a custom full-body portrait, like your slaves have?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
How are you supposed to use magic? I have a lot of mana and already bought some spells from the Guild, but I'm not able to use them.

Aside that, can you have a custom full-body portrait, like your slaves have?
Don't bother using magic in combat, it is ridiculously expensive and underwhelming. Completely useless.
Just use it out of combat, the usage of which differs by the spell you are casting. Mostly though you can see it by interacting with slaves.
Also healing is done out of combat by interacting with your party window

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks, I figured it out. Can you add a full-body portrait for yourself, or it isn't possible?

a1fox3

Jun 14, 2019
I am using 0.5.23c and before this came out i use to find some of the girls off on there own doing things that MC could join in on plus my hunters use to bring home wayward npc that I could keep or not but this update neither have happen in several games now.
One game was well over 500 days of play but nothing.

Incuboss

May 19, 2018
Downloaded the newest version; haven't played in a few updates. I dig most of the changes. I wanted to ask though. It seems like in setting nicknames, you can't get rid of the default name anymore? It just puts the nickname in quotations in front of the default name. Is there a way to replace the name entirely?