Strive for Power (Slave Management, RPG)

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
Praising/gifting raises loyalty if they have not been recently praised. The recently praised status wears off after a few days. The mind reading spell will tell you whether they have been recently praised, and (I think) how long until the praise wears off.

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
OK, I started playing this game (didn't read the whole thread) but I'm not finding it very intuitive. The in-game documentation and tutorials are pretty good, but the mechanics are just so complicated that they still aren't adequate to the task. Basically, I can't work out what I'm meant to do- obedience just naturally falls for all girls (and praising them does NOTHING except make it drop faster with no upside), forcing me to constantly berate them just to stop them from running away, even though I prefer playing with a soft touch (I prefer being a "good master" in slave trainer games). I can't work out what I'm supposed to do to make girls like me (aside from Emily automatically liking me more when she comes back from her sister). Some stats just can't be seen- Obedience is represented by a coloured symbol, even though slave market quests list it as a number. And this is probably a bug, but my adventuring party is set the first time I go out with girls in it- after the first time I go exploring, I can never add any girls to it again, including girls from the party that are removed for any reason (e.g training). The tutorials need some expansion because working out what you should be doing to succeed isn't immediately obvious.
Initial obedience can be increased every day by having the girl wear the Maid Uniform. As the item description says, it increases obedience a little at the end of the day. If obedience get too low, the sedation spell will increase it slightly. This will usually keep your initial slave obedient until their loyal gets high. If all else fails, throw them in jail for a few days. This will increase obedience. Of course it also increase stress, which can be fixed with rest of the sedation spell.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Got the new version. All of a sudden some of the girls I'm having work at the shop are earning negative money somehow. How does that happen? Are they knocking over the merchandise racks and breaking the stock or something?

Also, how am I supposed to earn mana to use magic? None of my girls will sleep with me willingly yet. Am I just supposed to capture a few girls, rape the shit out of them for mana while they're in jail, then sell them off immediately because they're ruined? Seems like a rather crude way of doing it and doesn't really appeal to me (also strikes me as rather odd that girls who hate my guts and who I'm quite explicitly forcing myself on against their will have scene descriptions where they're so obedient and eager).

OK, never mind, worked that out eventually (actually, I just completed Emily's and Tisha's quests and they were easy lays). However there does seem to be an irritating bug where the sex screen keeps automatically toggling back to 'Forced' without me choosing (or noticing), sometimes leading me to accidentally rape one of my girls without meaning to (forcing me to reload the last autosave). That's annoying.

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Got the new version. All of a sudden some of the girls I'm having work at the shop are earning negative money somehow. How does that happen? Are they knocking over the merchandise racks and breaking the stock or something?

Also, how am I supposed to earn mana to use magic? None of my girls will sleep with me willingly yet. Am I just supposed to capture a few girls, rape the shit out of them for mana while they're in jail, then sell them off immediately because they're ruined? Seems like a rather crude way of doing it and doesn't really appeal to me (also strikes me as rather odd that girls who hate my guts and who I'm quite explicitly forcing myself on against their will have scene descriptions where they're so obedient and eager).

OK, never mind, worked that out eventually (actually, I just completed Emily's and Tisha's quests and they were easy lays). However there does seem to be an irritating bug where the sex screen keeps automatically toggling back to 'Forced' without me choosing (or noticing), sometimes leading me to accidentally rape one of my girls without meaning to (forcing me to reload the last autosave). That's annoying.
Thank you for your report, I'll look into it.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.44a version is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post. https://strive4power.itch.io/strive-for-power
Changelog:
0.4.44a
Fixed old saves error on load
Added new minor sidequest in Gorn(requires to unlock Ayda for completion)
Added new slave list allowing easier management (unlocks with headgirl)
Follow-up sex on demand shouldn't take virginity anymore
Slaves will remember last sex action you've choosen for them
Added option to get to wiki from help menu
Mana gain and loss will show in the log
Prison rape won't allow slave to offer you more sex
Cali's quest won't automatically trigger when entering the market anymore
Cali and Emily's beauty slightly increased
Added new armor to Amberguard
Added portal to the Amberguard (unlocks on first entrance)
Fixed an error causing some characters to start with additional stats
Fixed mechanic behind slave phys stats (fixed a minor issue with ninja suit)
Fixed harpy not giving bestial essence in sex
Fixed permadeath not correctly working in some cases
Fixed the issue where you could finish turn in combat without selecting what to do with escapee
Fixed Noble characters not correctly receiving their bonuses upon generation
Fixed Sebastian slave not being repaired when attempting to repair save
Fixed ability to choose disabled option in dialogue with keys

LutherGremory

Apr 10, 2016
found out couldn't find this information but figured it out eventually maybe im a sex - crazed deviant who knows hahaha but for anyone else struggling continue main quest line till adept rank and you get directed to it i like a fool tried to kill all other quests off first and haven't played for many builds

LutherGremory

Apr 10, 2016
and before i forget is there a job solely for getting supplies? and a part of the lab assistants job should be purchasing items you dont have for the experiment

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.45a is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post. https://strive4power.itch.io/strive-for-power
0.4.45a
Added icon for gold ring
Added notification about required reputation to frostford's arc
Added reputation changes to the game's log
Added more race specific names and expanded old ones (thanks to Wahn128)
Fixed supporter panel being opened from start
Fixed an error with pale blue skin color
New main quest arc
New sprites; guild fairy, Melissa
New portal unlock system: purchase teleport stones at shops to unlock teleportation
Town related jobs are unvailable until you unlock town's teleport
Added new sex scene for Emily and Tisha
Added numeric keys support to tutorial/help section
On save load side button pannel will be hidden
Fixed pregnancy counting twice to slave's metrics if headgirl was present
Fixed bug with Maturing Elixir causing tits to grow bigger than possible
Some typo fixes
and before i forget is there a job solely for getting supplies? and a part of the lab assistants job should be purchasing items you dont have for the experiment
I'll be adding more functionality to autopurchase of supplies soon.

Xiry

Jul 17, 2016
Found what might be a bug. Started the new main story quest and just went to the Frostford City Hall for the first time. Made a save there and loaded said save later but now I can't find the Clearing via exploring the Outskirts. Loading a save prior to starting the new main quest works fine though. Additionally it seems that you don't have to actually go into the Clearing, simply fully exploring the Outskirts and having the option to go there allows you to report back to the City Hall. Not sure if this is an actual bug though.

Also please forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere but do Specializations work right now? Specializing in Bodyguard doesn't seem to actually add any HP. 95 max before and 95 max after.

Edit: Scratch that, Saving and Loading just simply seems to do really weird things to the new main quest and possibly this build in general. Or my computer has just gone insane.

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.46c is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post. https://strive4power.itch.io/strive-for-power
Changelog:
0.4.46c
Added upgrade points to purchase mansion upgrades: Upgrade points can be earned by doing slaver guild missions and by selling obedient slaves (only if they were not bought from guild). Higher grade > more points
Added centaur to races you can order from sebastian
Fixed farm unlock quest (now unlocks after paying 1k gold to sebastian)
Farm upgrades won't show up until unlocking the farm itself
0.4.46b
Fixed problem with free jail sells on attempt to capture after combat
Fixed problem with laboratory during the main quest
0.4.46a
Fixed upgrade tab not openning when using screen change animation
Tisha's portrait can be restored from old saves
Mansion upgrades from older saves should transfer
'Remove population cap' from supporters' section will properly work for upgrades
Potions from earlier versions should correctly unlock
Fixed ability to cast spells with 0 mana while exploring
Fixed alchemy potions unlock
Fixed slave service in the slavers guild in other towns returning you to wimborn
Added new mansion upgrade system
[Farm causes stress to grow quicker
If food storage excels 80% of current food cap, you'll lose 3% of food per day
Readjusted luxury values provided by personal room and your bed
Pregnancies require nursery room to give births and claim children]
Added Tisha's sprite
Starting jail capacity reduced to 1 cell
Added slave service and slave selling to Gorn and Frostford
Added nipplefuck to advanced fetish actions unlocks (requires lab modification)
Added new panel to the slaver guild and changed mind read function (now only have to use once per visit)
Added option to control Alise's appearance on day end screen
Added numerical hotkey support to daily events
Now End Day panel can be closed with 'Escape'
Slightly adapted luxury calculation
Housekeeper's bath rule will only cost 1 supply
Sex actions now sorted by energy cost
Light bondage and hard bondage can be forced without unlocking them
New trait: Ascetic - halves luxury requirements from grades
Fixed Emily and Tisha not getting their vacation from event
Fixed Zoe unlocks and some dubious parts in quest options
Fixed Invigorate abuse while exploring
Fixed old save bug when trying to explore Frostford outskirts without proceeding main quest
Fixed slaves offering more sex when having no energy for it
Fixed market selling option not correctly working after game load
Fixed rules updating incorrectly on new game screen

Watchman

Aug 21, 2017
I've been playing this for a bit now and I've been digging it. Though I have a question, what do you to improve beauty naturally instead having the girls take beauty mixtures? I'm asking because I find beauty mixture more hassle than they're worth, most especially as of 4.47c they're only a temporary boost.

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
I've been playing this for a bit now and I've been digging it. Though I have a question, what do you to improve beauty naturally instead having the girls take beauty mixtures? I'm asking because I find beauty mixture more hassle than they're worth, most especially as of 4.47c they're only a temporary boost.
Currently, there's no way to improve base beauty anyhow. I'll be adding alternative in next version.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
This is for the online/web version (as it's the only one I can play):

I found two, maybe three bugs;
1. You can duplicate Tisha Hale if you send 'her' away for 3+ days. Eg. The quest will continue to chain. -- Had this happen when I sent her on vacation to level her.
Edit: Seems it has to do with loading a prior save (probably due to you updating the web version recently)

2. Ayneris' event keeps repeating, even if you agree to take her, meaning you can't use Amberguard's local market.

3. For some reason, even though I have 9 Agility, I still end up going after all the enemies, even though the description says "Represents character's quickness"; same with equipping the Elven Armor (It says +5 speed)

4. The game keeps asking about the tutorial -- I'd recommend having this added to the options instead of a check.

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.4.48b is out to public. You can grab it here or at first post. https://strive4power.itch.io/strive-for-power

Changelog:
0.4.48b
  • Fixed reputation worsening from rescued strangers
  • Added one time option to improve slave's basic beauty in laboratory

0.4.48a
  • Fixed supporter tab issues
  • Fixed sidecharacters beauty stat
  • Fixed Tisha being naked in interactions where she shouldn't
  • Fixed some levelingup errors
  • Fixed main character portrait position
  • Fixed demon player start
  • Fixed some quest issues

Leveling System
  • Implemented new leveling system: for more info consult with tutorial section
  • Skillpoints renamed into Attribute Points
  • Abilities no long require attribute points to learn
  • Slave's levelup requirement can be rerolled with oblivion potion
  • Ability level requirements adjusted to new system
  • Every level divides received exp by its number: if you normally get 10 exp, you will get 10/2 for 2nd level, 10/3 for 3rd level etc (still require 100% exp to levelup)

Slave price adjustments:
  • Selling raw slave price increased to 0.6 from 0.45
  • Removed health cutting price in half for any slave below 50 health
  • Base beauty gives higher boost to price (2.5 instead of 2)
  • Slaves won't cost more due to physical attributes but will increase in price from their level (50 base cost for every level)
  • Slave's raw price won't drop due to low obedience, instead rebellious slave's price will be cut in half
  • Fixed tooltip showing wrong price on slave sell list

Misc
  • Fighting strangers will reduce your reputation even if you leave them after win
  • Escaped enemies now grant 2/3 of their exp
  • Fixed bug which made player receive different exp from slaves after combat
  • Elf Guard Enemy slightly buffed
  • Added icons for missing items
  • Replaced 3 old background
  • By default Alise will only appear after daily event on day end
  • Alise's text speed slightly increased
  • Alise can be dismissed with Escape at any moment
  • Redone talk function into dialogue (will also feature character sprites if those exist)
  • Removed surnames from unique characters who didn't really needed them
  • Added new minor sidequest-encounter to Amberguard area
  • Added new armor to Amberguard market
  • Dolin renamed to Chloe
  • Chloe's encounter does not require scouting check anymore
  • Chloe's quest now rewards with Domination spell on good option
  • Chloe can be recruited with some chance after her quest is finished in positive maner
  • Emily's and Tisha's naked sprites added to their early scenes
  • Tisha's sprite updated in scale to fit with others
  • Beauty potion price reduced to 50 from 75
  • Some corrections to the character portraits at slave tab
  • Made it less likely to get stuck on background change making mouse useless
  • Minimal chance to hit in combat is now 5% instead of 0
  • Minor improvements to sound settings
  • Fixed side panel not showing up when you start the game, making people question how to get out of mansion
  • Fixed obedience icon not showing low obedience correctly (should help against spontanously escaping slaves)
  • Fixed characters who join you voluntarily having very low obedience
  • Fixed window switch between prisoners and normal slaves not updating some buttons and background
  • Fixed Emily not losing 'no sex' tag if you chosen to keep her after branding Tisha
  • Fixed bug causing youthing potion to reduce tits below supposed limits
  • Fixed kimono item
  • Fixed Yris not being recruitable
  • Fixed learning abilities for player without having skillpoints
  • Fixed slaves sometime showing wrong portraits
  • Fixed geisha bug

Fyr

Sep 15, 2017
Ive been playing this the past few days and I gotta admit Im hooked.
I do have one question though. Does upgrading the laboratory unlock anything else besides the improve beauty?

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
Ive been playing this the past few days and I gotta admit Im hooked.
I do have one question though. Does upgrading the laboratory unlock anything else besides the improve beauty?
No, current second laboratory upgrade is not quite set up.

AydonWontu

Sep 29, 2017
This is driving me crazy.

I've gotten my slave optimized with his loyalty and obedience, but he won't say yes to consensual sex yet. Is there a debug mode, because I really don't want to waste time repeatedly asking him every day for five days in a row with optimal stats if he's ready? Or am I missing something?

P.S: On a previous game, I got the consensual sex a go. Don't know what I did differently here though. Both times I basically spammed gift giving since it wasn't decreasing obedience at that point.

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
0.5.0.2 is out to public, links at first post.
This is driving me crazy.

I've gotten my slave optimized with his loyalty and obedience, but he won't say yes to consensual sex yet. Is there a debug mode, because I really don't want to waste time repeatedly asking him every day for five days in a row with optimal stats if he's ready? Or am I missing something?

P.S: On a previous game, I got the consensual sex a go. Don't know what I did differently here though. Both times I basically spammed gift giving since it wasn't decreasing obedience at that point.
Try making them horny. Lust plays huge role in their response. (aphrodisiac should make lust go up)

AydonWontu

Sep 29, 2017
0.5.0.2 is out to public, links at first post.

Try making them horny. Lust plays huge role in their response. (aphrodisiac should make lust go up)

And it worked! Thanks!

Edit: Out of curiosity, can high confidence and being the same sex also make it harder to get consensual sex out of the other partner?

Last edited:

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
And it worked! Thanks!

Edit: Out of curiosity, can high confidence and being the same sex also make it harder to get consensual sex out of the other partner?
Same sex makes it harder unless they have corresponding trait.

anonbork

Oct 13, 2017
found a glitch. emily hale required intimacy unlock to level. when it unlocked as part of her quest it didnt count.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
As much as the game itself is pretty nice, I must say I was a bit let down by the lack of real lewd description for the sex scenes with the randomly generated NPCs :c

Maverik

Jun 22, 2016
As much as the game itself is pretty nice, I must say I was a bit let down by the lack of real lewd description for the sex scenes with the randomly generated NPCs :c
No worries, soon this will come into focus. I'm not a native english speaker so I haven't been working enough on this part.

Watchman

Aug 21, 2017
I know it's a really small (if not insignificant) thing, but it really bugs a part of me that the only way to permanently improve base beauty is the procedure at the laboratory. I wouldn't mind having a basic process to improving the stat similar to the mental stats that takes time and money while the lab procedure is the here and now boost.

The new capture mechanic has this issue that always takes the last defeated character in the list regardless of who I pick. This is particularly annoying when I'm low of rope and the character I want to take is on top of a long list or when ended up taking a character I saved from bandits.

Other than that I've been digging a lot of the new stuff and will be looking forward for whats to come.

Last edited: