Sagas of Nysa (D&D RP for 3)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"It is your people, Elder... You know what is best for them, not I. I do not know of anything to neither the east nor the south of here, I'm afraid. The only way I can take you is the way I came. If not, then I can only follow along." Alexandra states, looking at the elder from across the table. "If you say the Cultists control the keep, how would we be able to get around that through the south? Go through the remains of the gnoll camp, and wheel around in an arc?" She asks, drawing the route to the camp with her finger, then around through the uncharted territory, around the Fallen Keep.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Yes if we go south west, we should pass under the keep while skirting just around what we belive to be Gnoll terrory, from there we can build ships on the southern bank ouf thw fjord and sail to either the foot of mount rhyme or cape crow.
This is all of course assuming your people even want us there,

Personally I think we need more information to work off of, its not as though we need to leave tonight, I say we spend the season preparing supplies for the move and scouting out other locations and villages. Surely then we will know what's best"
The elder said confidently

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The elf agreed with the elder's words but she felt like she should iterate on a previous thought. "The east is hardly an option. You may be able to find a proper place to settle and may even be afforded peace... but you would never be more then outcasts in Alfheim and I do not want to see our children imposed such fate."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I must admit I am not a very good scout. I'm a warrior and smith, Elder. Whilst I think it is important to help your people... I have something I am looking for. See, or home is not rich on fuels, like coal... it is good for crops in the summer, and game in the winter. Do you know of any sources of fuel in this area, or would you possibly be in possession of any?" She asks with a somber tone, and a downward look, as she continues to peer over the maps, a pair of rough hands supporting her as she leans over.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Is it truly so certain? Surely as a native born of Alfhime you must know some amongst them charitable to outsiders. Our forebears long ago said they were not to be depended upon, but that was in the old times. Surely a new breed of folk must live there now."

"As for your question miss Alex, I know not of such matters of metalurgy, our smith gordon would be better suited to such inquiries. Though I will say the hottest substance I know of is alchemist's fire. Unfortunately it's formula is uknown to us, and it's flame is short lived and fleeting."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"That kind of substance would be of no use to me, either. Looking for things which burn for a long period of time, so that we can work our metal into fine weapons and strong armour. Perhaps I should go speak to Gordon, in that case." She sighs heavily. "Maybe he knows something about where I can get what I seek. Do you require me anymore in here, or am I good to go?" She asks, backing away from the table.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Oh certainly your free to do whatever you wish miss Alex, you have my sincerest gratitude for your assistance yesterday and I do hope you find what it is you are searching for. If ever you need a place to stay you are welcome here."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Thank you Elder, and I was happy to help you with the clean-up yesterday. I'll go to Gordon now, and see if he has the answers I seek." She gives the Elder, and the others, a respectful nod before leaving the longhouse, and heading for the smithy.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Gordon the Smithy is found working at his forge, tall, heavy set, and broadshouldered, he goes about his work delicately and methodically. Carrying himself much like a gentle giant of sorts. His tenuki mask almost has the shape of a thick pair or glasses and he sports a old fashioned shop broom mustache. He is currently in the process of smelting down ore into ingots.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Hey! You must be Gordon, right!? The blacksmith!?" She calls out from afar, to not startle him.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Yesum that'd be me mam."
Gordon said whilst whiping his hands off on his apron
"You must be that tall fair swordswoman who was helpin with the clean up wasn't ya?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yes, actually! But more than that, I'm also a blacksmith by trade, just like you. I've been looking around for fuel for the forge back home, as we haven't found any natural coal on our land, and the mountains seem to mostly be ore."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Is it truly so certain? Surely as a native born of Alfhime you must know some amongst them charitable to outsiders. Our forebears long ago said they were not to be depended upon, but that was in the old times. Surely a new breed of folk must live there now."

"Charitable? Perhaps, but I'm afraid my kind is fickle and often unreliable. They might not be physically violent but they don't bat an eyelash before stealing a person's soul for thinking differently." Kae was clearly disgusted by those from her homeland.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Gordon pondered for a moment,

"Well we don't have a great abundance of coal here ourselves, but I've herd tell of some forges using Ichor Wood. Not many mind you, but apparently it makes a fine alternative ifin yer coal deposits are as infertile as a rented mule.
Basically any tree growing in a sufficiently tainted area will do, drexel tells me its the same principle behind plant species that result in transformations. Says its the Ichor what makes it work. All I know about it is that Ichors the stuff in deamon blood what makes 'em heal real quick. That's the reason you need a silvered weapon to hurt them. Stopps the clotting see. I reckon its also the reason they don't much like alchemists fire neither."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"But my home is far from the tainted areas... we used to get our coal from traders, who would receive our metalwork in result. I guess whatever caused this major calamity must have stopped the caravans..."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Yessum, not much travels these roads no more whats not dealin in flesh or dick growing magic"

"But that's all I can think of, short of getting a whole wagon load of Deamon Ichor and one hot ass cande to light it"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Right, well... thank you nonetheless, Gordon. And I'm gonna have to pass on that dick-growing magic, I already have plenty." She chuckles. "Perhaps if you ever want to compare techniques, we could learn off each other?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I'll let you get back to work, now." She says, before bidding farewell, and walking around the village, familiarising herself with it after it's been cleaned up.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Alexandra goes around looking at the various traders and such, and eventually asks if they happened to have someone who was... to put it bluntly, a whore. A long while on the road didn't leave much time for carnalities, after all.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
The purvaors of goods in the tenuki village seemed limited to Uta's trading post and Drexel, a dealer in rare goods and transformatives. One of witch was already occupied at the elder's. The size of the village wasn't such as to well suit the oldest profession and after her ordeal with the gnolls Uta was not exactly her usual flirty self.
Strolling around the village somewhat at a loss as to what to do with themselves, Alexandra's thoughts were interuppted by the high falsetto of Sophie's voice.
"Hey stranger, what'r ya up to?"
The young nubile tenuki lass was sitting on a near by porch waering a safrron colored frock. Her black hair was tied behind her head in a short ponytail and the cute button nose of her shallow muzzle complemented her dainty face very well.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Just touring through the place, that's all. It looks so much better when it's all cleaned up, you know? Messy thing, last night." She says, shaking her head. "Damn raiders."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Yeah I hate those damn gnolls"
*Sophie spits upon the ground*
"Filthy beasts, I wish Tori would let me fight them, she never lets us do anything dangerous or cool. Even now, she's got me stuck babysitting some random broad"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
At the mention of Kaelys' homeland, and the poor opinion she had of it, Tori had to ask. "What exactly lies to the east of Alfhime?" she asked.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Couldn't you just tell her no? And besides, who is this random broad you're talking about?" She asks her. "Does it have something to do with the attack, or what?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Oh some chick with tiny antlers and floppy ears, says she found her in the cages locked up with the rest of the prisoners. She's passed out in back. And I don't really mind so much, I just wish she had as much faith in me as she did in her silly horse god. I can handle myownself just fine"
Sophie Said.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Oh, that sounds dreadful! What a poor little thing! And what do you mean by silly horse god? And if you can handle yourself just fine, why is she still controlling you? Oh, right... where are my manners, my name is Alexandra." She smiles.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher looking quite pleased with tasting the sweets looks toward the elder and speaks "I thank you for your hospitality...U-uh is there anything I could do in the village in the mean time to help out?" Asher asked picking himself up ready to excuse himself.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"She doesn't control me! I do what I please, its just you know we have a thing, her and us"
She said blushing slightly
"And don't think I don't know what your doing, Alexandra. patronising me. As for her Horse God, I think she calls her Epona. Says she's her chosen vassal. Dan and Rocky said they've seen her heal an arrow wound like magic, but I don't know. The elder says that the spirits of the land and our ancestors control everything, maybe its just a big horse spirit or something?