Sagas of Nysa (D&D RP for 3)

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Right, of course. That's always a possibility, too. It's just the name I was told by the person who taught me the trade. Used to have traders come by every few years, but that's stopped now, so we're running out of fuel for our forge. And quality weaponry and armour is what keeps up afloat, both for equipping our own warriors, and for selling." She says, with pride in her voice, before turning to the cow-girl. "And... pardon me for asking, but what kind of robe is that you're wearing? It makes your chest stand out in a weird way, like there's an extra lump or two."

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
"R-right..." Asher said giving a timid smile at her wording before, she looked towards the cow girl woman and gave a smile giving a quick wave. He listened for a bit his face finally reaching its normal complexion, his ears twitched along the lines of some others being lost which made him feel a tab bit suspicious maybe there would be plans for a second onslaught..? He shook his head at the thought and placed his hands at his sides as he stood silently thinking on what sort of work he could do to contribute toward the village.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Just then the elder trundled into the room, much in the fashion one does when you are elderly.

"Oh dear, .. now theirs four of them"

He sat down with a deflated sigh before addressing the group,

"I'm Sazarahala, the village elder. As many of you know our village has fallen on hard times.
Time was that we were safe from the troubles of the world outside, hidden here deep in the woods through our use of illusion magic, or shape craft as we call it.
But a demon began to prey upon our kinfolk.
When Tori and her friends stumbled upon our village by accident we should have turned them away there and then. Should have not risked getting involved. But we didn't, we begged them to solve our problems for us, and in so doing we unwittingly took their problems upon ourselves. How foolish we must have been to think thou didst not have foes of your own. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm not pointing fingers. We made you part of our family and now our fates are bound together, their's no undoing that.
Though the deamon was felled it lead a new danger right to our doorstep.
They say there's no distance a gnoll tracker won't go to follow the scent of a moist quimm.
Now that they know of our existence, and the location of our village I fear we may never be free of them hunting us.
Already they have delt a great hardship upon us, and even with the one's Tori saved we are still the fewer in number for it.
They even felled my only son Kenta in battle, without his leadership I fear my guidance alone will not be enough to deliver us from this harship"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Elder, what do you propose? You are not safe in this forest anymore, you say... how many people are there left in your village, after the attack? And... I'm sorry for your son. Atleast he did not succumb to disease or age, but died protecting those he loved the most." Alexandra says, looking upon the old man with great sorrow.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"There are not a great number of us, and Those capable of skilled labour are even fewer. There is Drexel who trades in outside goods, he is the most well versed amongst us of the outside world. Uta the woman who runs the trading post, mostly a place for us to store rice and trade nick-nacks. Dillon, a gifted tailor. Gordon the smithy. A few outher strapping men who worked the luber mill with my son, and assorted other forragers and farmers. We are simple folk.
While I don't agree with his assesment of us as beyond hope, the Blood Orc Larek was right about one thing. In a savage world such as this, only the strong survive. If our culture is to survive we must change to meet it.
As I see it our options are thus;
Grow stronger ourselves,
Find a new place to hide from the world,
Or find folk strong enough to protect us, but benevolent enough not to enslave us."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Folk strong enough to protect you, but benevolent enough to not enslave you..." She lingers on those words, running them through her mind again and again as she thinks, wondering how best to present her case.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Kaelys listened to the elder talk in reverent silence. His words sounded heavy with grief and while he was sympathetic to them, he was also right. The gnolls certainly followed in Tori and Larek's steps and while she had not spoken about this before, Kae herself also carried some of the guilt for the current state of the world. The elf girl could not tell about the two new arrivals but out of everyone else she was the most traveled and she understood the changes the world have undergone in the last decade better then any. "Heed my advice, elder, for it comes from a place of love and also experience. You welcomed me and called me kin after I was alone for a long, long time and for that you have my loyalty. You have been spared from the passage of time thanks to your secrecy but it would not have lasted. That a deamon had found you was a clear sign that the spirits and the land could hide you no longer."

She sighed and took in a new long breath. "As the village is, it cannot stay. It must be born anew now, stronger then before. I fear by now many others already know of our existence and location. We must be able to defend ourselves from this dangerous world and for that we need to take up arms... and find new allies. The world changed in the last decade but we cannot be the last good people left."

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher nodded to the words spoken feeling a bit out place, he had just wanted a bite to eat and was offered food but at the price of service..which he had no issue with, it just felt weird standing here and hearing all of this like he shouldn't be here. He frowned at his own thoughts before mustering up a bit of courage to speak "I truly am sorry for your losses Elder but you shouldn't doubt yourself...I think the people of this village need some form of leader and seeing as you are who you are it only feels natural to turn to you for guidance.." He pauses for a moment gathering his thoughts before continuing "From what I'm seeing you have made some good friends who look as if they're ready to do whatever it takes to help you with your village." He smiles a tad bit feeling kinda good about himself for saying so. He placed a hand on his chest and added "I myself would gladly help however I can with rebuilding or other errands that you may want to see done, all I ask for you is to keep being that leader your village..no your family so desperately needs." He finishes looking at his boots for a moment before mumbling to himself "Or...something?" he whispers.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori waited for the speeches to finish before clearing her throat. "Kind words aside, what we need here is a plan. Sazarahala, regardless of what path your... our people take, they can not stay here to do it. So, the first order of business would seem to be finding a new place to settle. Alexandra, you mentioned that your people have both warriors among them, and a stable place to live. Do you think that they would mind some new neighbors? Otherwise, Sazarahala, would you happen to have a map of the area from before the cataclysm happened? This land used to be a densely populated kingdom, with towns and villages scattered all over it; perhaps some of them remain?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"oh sweet lass, er-um lad? It's hard for me to tell anymore these days, cataracts you see, but I can tell your words to be heartfelt and humbling. Truly to make such a vow to a complete stranger is a rare and truly honorable thing indeed, regardless of how dire or destitute ones own circumstances are. Your determination shows a rare but telling courage of the heart that we are truly blessed to have."

*The elder's statement is punctuated by a very audible growling emanating from Asher's stomach*

".... also I have this caramel flavored hard candy in my pocket, consider it yours young squire."

"& I do believe miss Dragmar has a point. We can't save the village with wishful thinking alone. While I don't wish to leave behind resources like our distillery, our lumber stockpile, or the natural hot spring that has been at the heart of our cultural activities, our people are also no strangers to exodus, and it's not something we should rule out.
Unfortunately Tori our ancestors lived isolated away in halls of stone and where not famed as great cartographers, and any maps they did have were etched upon stone, I'm afraid none survived
However between several well traveled folk such as your self and Drexel, it shouldn't be too hard to make a functional map of the surrounding lands. I'll have Uta bring us some large parchment and send for Drexel so we may draw up some plans for a possible pilgrimage"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori turned to the bunny-boy," By the way, Asher was it, where did you say you were from?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"If I sent my blessings with these people, I am sure my people would leave them alone, or help them should the need arise. Just beware, Elder, that the lands my people live on are not like you see here. Grassy steppes and harsh winters await you, should you travel westward to where my people reside. I do not know how well your people are suited to such low temperatures. Expect that atleast a quarter of the year will be below freezing." She nods, after thinking about it some more. "My people are all warriors, perhaps they could even teach you how to fight. I cannot guarantee you will be considered as equals, but we do not practice slavery, and never have in the past. We rarely ever see outsiders, in fact." She continues, trying to make her case as best she can, whilst still being honest about the potential consequences.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher beamed with happiness when the elder mentioned the caramel hard candy and he rushed over to him in an instant holding his hand out pleadingly looking childlike, once he dropped the candy in his hand Asher went to town popping it in his mouth and enjoying the flavor of it. He always had a bit of a sweet tooth and was completely obsessed with candy or anything sweet really, but things like that never really came around especially for one who moved around as much as Asher. He continued to enjoy the candy an occasional yum's and thankyou's coming from him before his ears twitched when his name was called, he looked towards Tori as she asked her question which made Asher a bit uncomfortable he didn't show this reaction however and merely used the sweetness of the candy itself to bring a smile as he spoke with the candy in his mouth "O-oh I'm not really from anywhere..I just generally wander you know?" Asher answers giving a slight smile as he enjoyed his treat.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Everybody must have some place to call home? Or were you literally born in the wilds?" She turns her head and asks Asher.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher merely shakes his head toward Alex "Nope I just travel aimlessly..nothing more its not too bad honestly!" Asher says before piping up once more "So Elder...Sir if you do go about moving your people do you think the rest would on board with it? you did say earlier it may be difficult to deliver your word to your people." Asher asks curiously he was uncertain most of the villagers would go for such an endeavor, they may be fearful even but then again they wouldn't really have much of a choice right...?

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The elf kept her silence for a moment as a myriad of thoughts crowded her mind. "Elder, you said your people used to inhabit halls of stone... what did you mean by that?"

She kept talking in a low voice, half to herself. "If the tenuki are used to work stone, maybe the mountains to the north might offer an opportunity. Caves can offer initial protection and could be worked both inwards or upwards depending on how tenuki build. Heights are incredibly easy to defend but offer very little in term of access to food... that probably wouldn't work."

"We really do need a map."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
It wasn't long before they were well into lunch time looking over their cobbled together map discussing possible strategies,

[For the sake of convenience I will post a copy of the parts of the map you have revealed from the roll 20 page here]

Untitled.png

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"To answer your earlier question miss Kaelys our ancestors were stone masons who lived in the mountains until that dug too deep and unearthed a true daemon. After their exile most of them became simple farmers and timber cutters here in the forest using our knowledge of illusion magic to keep us hidden from others. When the Fuckening came upon us it was subtle at first, we didn't really notice the effects of brewing with the tainted wormwood until a particularly wild moon festival long ago, and by then we were too far gone to care. That was a great many years ago.... at any rate its been a long time since we lived in halls of stone, and the finer details of its craft have been forgotten by us. I swear did you not pay attention to the story at the moon festival at all?, kids these days they only go to those things for the mead and the shagging"
Said the elder

Drexel chimed in pointing to the western portion of the map
" Looks like the road to your village takes us north above the Fjord of Swords, we would have to travel directly across the Flesh Tribe's territory to get there. With a large slow group like us that blows an ill wind. Trust me, I've seen what happens to pilgrims who end up spotted by their Fuck Riders"

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"That's odd, I don't remember seeing anything like that on my way here. Could we not take the long way across the mountain, or would that still take us into their territory?" Alexandra asks, trying to piece together how she got here in the first place, along which roads.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Its easy for a lone traveler to pass unseen, but a whole caravan would draw attention"

"Surely you must have seen the large keep to the south upon your approach, recently the Tribe came from the North and conquered it, forcing Tori from her home."

"Its not impossible, but it would be very difficult"
Drexel said

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Do we have any other real alternatives? You stay here, the gnolls come back; you leave, you're vulnerable to these Flesh Cultists... do you think we would be able to protect the caravan on it's way, or perhaps "clear the way" for it?"

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"The moon festival... it feels like so long ago." Once again the elf's hands darted to her lower belly instinctively.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"The Moon what, Kaelys?" Alexandra turns her head to look at the elf. Her bound-up tail gives a little twitch as she stands there.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher who had been to busy enjoying sweets at the moment looks up when Kae mentions something about a Moon Festival, He looks to her for a moment noticing her hand move to her tummy...was she hungry too? He shook his head in disagreement no, her tummy didn't growl as much as his..and he was sure elves didn't have much of an appetite as much as other races. As he thought he had realized that he was staring a bit too long, he coughed and looking toward the ceiling before asking "Um whats a Moon Festival?" Asher asked before continuing "A celebration of the moon?"

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"It was one of the best moments of my life." She answered with a bitter sweet smile. "It happened just after the sunset a few nights ago, but so much happened after it that it kinda feels like a lifetime since. Imagine a large stage set right in the middle of the hot springs with all the young tenuki putting up a show of theatre and dance and acrobatics and fireworks while everyone else watched from the warmth of the spring and cool beverages. Everything felt like a dream... specially the... erm... festivities after it." She added as her cheeks blushed pink.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"What festivities? Drinking? Tests of combat? Raunchy sex?" She asks with naked curiousity in her voice, thinking back to her own people's harvest feasts. Great times, across the board. Even if some warriors have to be nursed back to health for a few weeks. "If so, that sounds like something I would have liked to see." She smiles.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"Without the fighting..." It was hard to keep a straight face when remembering everything that happened that night. "It was the last moment of peace this village had."

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
"Wow that sounds really nice! I've never been to an Hot Spring before.." Asher said imagining how nice it must feel to swim around and relax in one, his eyes gleamed at the thought as he popped another piece of candy into his mouth. He frowned a bit and spoke "I'm sure once everyone sets back to work things will be as you remember before...or maybe better...?" He said timidly.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"So that's yes to the raunchy sex? Now, I really wish I had been there. Oh well... some other time, maybe. So, if we're not to walk through Flesh Cult territory... where can you go?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Well there has been some rumor of peaceful settlements to the east in Alfhime, but drexel hasn't had any dealings with them.
Passage to the west might be possible by boat, but that would need us to pathfind our way south under the Fjord of Swords. That could result in more run-ins with the gnolls, but I'll take our chances fighting them over the flesh cultists any day.
Either way I'd wager we have about 1 season before the gnolls are ready for another attack. If what you say is true and you left their northermost camp aflame it may take them some time before they try again."
Said the Elder.