[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Ah ok I'll try that then thanks. (Not entirely sure how to check if it's a write protected folder though o_O).
I was wondering if you had any plans for Pumumu Village in the future?
They seem like the kind of people you could invite to your Kingdom, similar to the mercenary group.
I want to make more events for Pumumu later, but it's not completely planned yet and will take a while before it get's into the game.

Izuki

Jul 10, 2017
in Skylo Tower, i already find 5 differences. the last one is the chair, but i dont know what i must to do with the chair. i try using "interact" key, but nothing happen. is it a bug?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
in Skylo Tower, i already find 5 differences. the last one is the chair, but i dont know what i must to do with the chair. i try using "interact" key, but nothing happen. is it a bug?
You need to find and interact with the "correct object" in the original room first, before Ryen can realise it's different in the other room. :)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Lielle%20screenshot.png

The new update is now available!

Changes include:
- CG scene for a new character near Ebron, when you talk to the elf on the path west.
- CGs for Naevy's scene added. Scene and replay option added to the CG selection screen.
- Bar and Logistics buildings on the overview map fixed. Logistics will now add +10 supplies for each turn and can be upgraded up to 3 times. When you already had the Logistics build, you can build it again.
- "Other none hentai CGs" option added to the CG selection screen. Currently it contains the 2 versions of the chibi CG from the encounter with Brad.
- Demoness from the Spire of Courage added to the CG selection screen.
- New events and scene for Lind, which includes the first animated CG!
- The amount of new characters in the CG selection screen also resulted in a new page at the CG selection screen. So make sure you don't miss the events on the new page. :D
Everyone playing from savegames should start the new content with Lind's event, as there is a 15-20mins waiting time after you paid her 1,5 mio gold. (If you don't have much money, build both mines and don't forget to get the tax money at the throne room.)

Known issues:
- Phraan doesn't appear in the town hall after the events near Ebron.
- Sara's face does not disappear when going to the last CG selection page.
Both issues were fixed after the upload, therefore the changes will be in the next update.

Download the new update files at:
-- Mediafire -- -- MEGA --

From now on, you can also download the game from my own server. The download should be faster and completely without ads. :D

Download at:
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Hey Ryen - don't know if anyone else saw this but after completing the herb thing with Phraan I went to the Spire of Courage and got hung up entering the spire (public area). Just hung at that point. This is the Mac version and using my last save from the previous version. Otherwise great update as usual. This game has really grown over the last 15 months...

PS - you mentioned starting after Lind event. Refresh my memory, as I can't find Lind mentioned at all in the walkthrough?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@Hoboy
- There might have been a bug with the entrance event for the Spire, caused by Naevy's event when you go with her into the harder dungeon. I'm already working on it. :)
- Lind is the enemy commander, which you need to defeat in the forth warmap battle in order to capture her.
Thanks for the praise. :)

@Anomolousrabbit
No, I just forgot to fix it. :D I nerfed it a while ago, but made it way too weak now. I'm still trying to make it useful but not so strong as that it replaces normal attacks.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
how to trigger war map
You can enter the country overview map at Sir Edward in the throne room. For the first Battle, you need to have Vampire in your group and then speak to the general in the bottom right room at your sleeping chambers. After his dialog, the first battle will appear on the map.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
How are you supposed to revamp the academy? It says I need more books, but I have all 30 I need in my inventory, and it's not like I'm allowed to donate books to Sir Edward like I can normal building materials.

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
thanks also holy shit i never noticed that doorway and how to get books for academy upgrade

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Feel stupid, but how does the warmap work? I remember when it first came out you could move units around and take turns, repair damage and reposition, etc. in a reduced field view. Now - I enter the worldmap and click on the units in the battle area but nothing happens? Says I can take a turn but I can't see any effects or the actual close battlefield view. I must be missing something as to how to progress it now. Probably because I haven't done more than quickly level up over the last several updates as I was busier IRL but could use a little direction now on this feature (and the walkthrough does not cover it ASAIK...

Again - any help appreciated, and I do love this game...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@EmperorG @cazadore The resources mentioned in the country overview map are not the same as outside. You need the resource "Books" in the overview map and not in your inventory. The building "Bookbinder" can make books out of paper, while the windmill can make paper out of wood.

@Hoboy The overview map is used to construct new buildings, upgrade them, train or heal soldiers and for some small events. The battles as before are now on seperated maps. The first battle appears, after you've obtained Vampire and talked to the general in the bottom right room at the sleeping chambers in your castle. After his dialog, you can send your troops to the active battle to start the fight, and the turn system is activated. During the turn system, you gain resources every turn, but you have a deadline until which you must finish the battle. This is meant to disable an abuse of the "turn end" button, in order to obtain an infinite amount of resources.

@Anomolousrabbit There are currently 3 maids for the headmaids girl selection screen. Mary is unlocked, when you talk with her at the throne room with Elly in your party. Flora is unlocked during a character quest with Mirel.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I gave Thor 20,000 gold to improve my soldiers' equipment, and he embezzled the lot (their stats are still identical to the bandit troops). I can't find any option to have him publicly executed though.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Thanks, Ryen. Got it about the map - had to travel to the battle site in the overview map. However, I've selected my troops and sent them to battle. I've now traveled a bout, slain monsters, slept a few times, and every time I re-enter the map it still says my troops are 2 turns away from the battle. How does this advance? Again - on the
Mac version (if that means anything...)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
End turn is disabled - says it's paused while no battle is active. Problem is - battle won't activate as it is always in troops traveling to battle mode...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I gave Thor 20,000 gold to improve my soldiers' equipment, and he embezzled the lot (their stats are still identical to the bandit troops). I can't find any option to have him publicly executed though.
The dialog is from before the overview map existed. What you improve is only the weapons and armor sold at the blacksmith in Aldlyn. Sorry for the confusion, please don't execute me. ^^

@Hoboy Sounds like you have a bug. Usually the turn-based system should active once you have the first battle on the map, and only disable again after reaching the last deadline of currently turn 60.
If you want me to fix your save file post it here, send it per mail at Naughty-Netherpunch@web.de or join us on discord at https://discord.gg/A79WrBq and give it to me there. :)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2059.png

The new update is online! It contains:

- 2 new Harpy enemies with new CG battler images
- 1 new map, when you go up north next to the fort in Witton
- Ariana's event in the Spire of Courage was reset and now enables a new quest at the Aldlyn city board when you wake her up instead of taking her prisoner.

New !-symbol events on the overview map including:
- One-time complete heal of all units (appears after first battle)
- Merchant selling 500 Supplies once for 20k gold
- A feast for Bread, Fish, Meat and Supplies to raise the moral of your troops by +50
- Option to sell Meat to Amagal with a relaxed trading policy (More trading of resources with other countries will follow later)

- Tutorial added to the overview map, to clear the confusion about the turn-system.
- Some warmap bugs were fixed, but some movement and attack range bugs are still in this version.
- Starting attack stats of enemy units are now lower, but increase in battle 4.
- New upgrade for each class in the warmap laboratory, which requires the class at level 1+ and silver to buy the upgrade.
- The arena on the overview map now has the option to replay previous battles. If you lost battle 4 before, you can now redo the battle and capture Lind.

- Added reworks of the CGs of Tsubaki's titfuck, the blue Slimegirl, and Chiyo's standing image
- New CG scene with the maid Linda, starting at the Headmaids selection screen.

Download from my own server at: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
Else you can also download from: -- Mediafire -- or -- MEGA --

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Played the new update.

The quest at the notice board didn't appear when I woke up Ariana.

Also didn't see the upgrades in the warmap laboratory.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I checked Ariana's event and apparently I forgot to make the changed on the left tile. The changes are only applied when you move right onto the tile below the white pillar.
Do you have a savefile from before the update to redo the event? Or do you need me to fix your savefile?

The warmap laboratory should have every option below "Level 0" visible and under "Level 1" everything where the class is level 1 or higher. Maybe your units are not experienced enough yet?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2060.png

The new update 17.08.16 is up and has the following changes:
- Rework version of the standing CGs of Mirel, Elly, Kayelinth, Ryoko, Sandra and Tsubaki.
- Skilltree and CG selection screen are now available from the main menu instead of the bed in your room. This option will bring you back exactly where you were before after you leave the screen, also with the "look" you had. For example, you should stay as the selection icon on the warmap, or in the uniform of Amagal while you're in their secret dungeon.
- New quest and a follow up event with Flaire at the thieves guild.
- After the event, you can find Moriko in the bar of the thieves guild and have the second scene with her.
- A new image will show when the impregnation of the Maid Mary was succesful. It's a 1/4 chance, even when you replay the scene. A succesful impregnation will trigger a switch for the game to remember it, but it has no effect as of yet.

Overview map changes:
- Fixed the south farm, to allow it to stop production now.
- Fixed a bug, where the logistics upgrade would only give you +20 instead of +30 supplies per round.
- Your own ranged units can now attack over other „events“ (which means over other units and some barricades). This change hasn't been applied to the enemies yet.
- Higher base income for Stone, Wood and Iron.
- Fewer units in battle 4
- Higher mine production for resources (you have to re-select it in save games in order for the change to become active). This change doesn't affect the gold income!
- You can now recruit new units at the Command Center building. The entire vanguard forces are limited to a max. of 15 seperated units.
- Lumberjacks can now be upgraded.
- Replaying battles at the arena now saves your HP before the start, sets every unit to full health, and returns it to the previous amount after the battle is over.
- Units HP and AP bar will now refresh properly after ending your turn.
- Vanguards on the overview map now stand in a special area, rather than in the middle of the worldmap.

Overview map bugs not yet fixed:
- Unintended long range attacks by some enemies
- Range attack on an enemy two tiles left with an event in the way doesn't work. I couldn't figure out why yet. Chances are other spots might be bugged as well.
- Occasionally wrong movement of the AP/HP bar, having it go to a different place than the unit.

Plans for the next update:
- Warmap fixes. Once the system is running smooth, I can finally continue the battles.
- Events with Cgs for a new character in the Igloo at the top right corner of the worldmap.
- Adding impregnation image and switches to more characters
- If I have enough time, CG scene(s) with Lielle, the maid Bess, Demoness or the Ice Harpy. Else they'll be part of the next update.

For the following update I currently plan to also add a new system for Brad's cage fights and a yuri scene with two main character.

The upload of the Linux and Mac version aren't done yet at the time of this post, due to my slow internet connection. Please pay attention to the version number before downloading, to make sure you got the right version and it's not still the old one.

Download from my own server at: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
Else you can also download from: -- Mediafire -- or -- MEGA --

krakr

Aug 17, 2017
Hey Ryen, registered here just for this game, thanks very much.

Anyhow, wanted to list precisely how I went and fucked up the battle map.
Being the petulant gamer-brat that I am, I used the "Advance Turn" button 10 times to build my mines and shit literally hours in real time before my general showed up and gave me the bandit mission. Now that he has, the war map is stuck in "pause" mode with 0 remaining turns.
I noticed it has been commented on before and you mentioned a fix in the upcoming release, so I'm sure you've already identified what went wrong.
I imagine introducing it in mission mode with no mission has a bit to do with it.

Funny thing is I DL'd the 07/24 version just yesterday & the new ver is up today lol. I imagine I'll just start fresh on that one and make sure to save before I start farting around with it.

Thanks again for your excellent work, I appreciate it greatly.

P.S. I also managed to over-buy resources from the merchant map since it went directly to my personal inventory. After 99, the remainder was lost, so I paid for a lot of nothing, now the resources are sold out. I fixed in a re-load by buying small & constantly returning to Sir Edward to deposit, but lot of wasted effort on players part here. An option to buy on behalf of the country would help. Even a "you're at max" for wood or iron or whatever would help.

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Hey Ryen, registered here just for this game, thanks very much.

Anyhow, wanted to list precisely how I went and fucked up the battle map.
Being the petulant gamer-brat that I am, I used the "Advance Turn" button 10 times to build my mines and shit literally hours in real time before my general showed up and gave me the bandit mission. Now that he has, the war map is stuck in "pause" mode with 0 remaining turns.
I noticed it has been commented on before and you mentioned a fix in the upcoming release, so I'm sure you've already identified what went wrong.
I imagine introducing it in mission mode with no mission has a bit to do with it.

Funny thing is I DL'd the 07/24 version just yesterday & the new ver is up today lol. I imagine I'll just start fresh on that one and make sure to save before I start farting around with it.

Thanks again for your excellent work, I appreciate it greatly.

P.S. I also managed to over-buy resources from the merchant map since it went directly to my personal inventory. After 99, the remainder was lost, so I paid for a lot of nothing, now the resources are sold out. I fixed in a re-load by buying small & constantly returning to Sir Edward to deposit, but lot of wasted effort on players part here. An option to buy on behalf of the country would help. Even a "you're at max" for wood or iron or whatever would help.

Correct, the turn-end button was not supposed to work until the first battle starts. This should be fixed in the new version. :)

Yeah, I sadly forgot about the inventory limit when making this event. ^^ I'll change it to go directly to the country's storage instead, to fix it and save the trouble to donate it.

krakr

Aug 17, 2017
I started a fresh game on the new build.
With a little save editing for wood, iron, stone & supplies, I managed to build everything except the Academy upgrade and hold the morale festival.
I completed the Lind quest and am at day 34 of 60 with no visible mission left.
Very nice scene with her btw.

I was wondering if you could include a legend on the world map to let you know what icon represents what resource?
Or at least include it in the wiki (sorry, idk if you're even involved in the wiki)
The wood, stone and iron are reasonably easy to figure out as are recruits and supplies, but there are a few that are very vague.
The icons on the left however are very succinct and I suspect from a different source.
I would also like to see a second windmill, it would allow for flour *and* paper production each turn.
Other than that, provided you don't run out the clock before the first mission, all seems to be working as planned.

I did notice some irregularity in ranged units actual attack range in certain situations ( mage directly behind heavy in a choke point unable to cast over their head)
Dunno if that's a bug or feature as I have nothing to base that off of. *Sometimes* if you attack with cavalry a target 3 spaces away, the attack takes place, but cavalry have not moved and you still have 3 AP left. Happened consistently with Cav unit I made in college, not with the stock unit. Not a big deal, just odd.
I believe you mentioned various fixes for upcoming as well, so if I'm mentioning known issues pls ignore.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I started a fresh game on the new build.
With a little save editing for wood, iron, stone & supplies, I managed to build everything except the Academy upgrade and hold the morale festival.

How did you save edit the game? I tried using Cheat Engine, but I couldn't figure it out at all unlike other RPG Maker games.