[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

krakr

Aug 17, 2017
How did you save edit the game? I tried using Cheat Engine, but I couldn't figure it out at all unlike other RPG Maker games.
saveeditonline.com
Works for all RPG Maker, flash, Renpy & a few others I believe.
Its finding out which variable represents what resource that's the pain in the ass.
wood=801 stone=802 iron=803 supplies=226

Reactions: EmperorG

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I started a fresh game on the new build.
With a little save editing for wood, iron, stone & supplies, I managed to build everything except the Academy upgrade and hold the morale festival.
I completed the Lind quest and am at day 34 of 60 with no visible mission left.
Very nice scene with her btw.

I was wondering if you could include a legend on the world map to let you know what icon represents what resource?
Or at least include it in the wiki (sorry, idk if you're even involved in the wiki)
The wood, stone and iron are reasonably easy to figure out as are recruits and supplies, but there are a few that are very vague.
The icons on the left however are very succinct and I suspect from a different source.
I would also like to see a second windmill, it would allow for flour *and* paper production each turn.
Other than that, provided you don't run out the clock before the first mission, all seems to be working as planned.

I did notice some irregularity in ranged units actual attack range in certain situations ( mage directly behind heavy in a choke point unable to cast over their head)
Dunno if that's a bug or feature as I have nothing to base that off of. *Sometimes* if you attack with cavalry a target 3 spaces away, the attack takes place, but cavalry have not moved and you still have 3 AP left. Happened consistently with Cav unit I made in college, not with the stock unit. Not a big deal, just odd.
I believe you mentioned various fixes for upcoming as well, so if I'm mentioning known issues pls ignore.
I don't want to stuff the screen with too many windows, but maybe I can add a legend for the resources in the tutorial.
The wiki was made by me, but it turned out to be such a huge time sink, that I haven't continued with it for a very long time. But the walkthrough might be a good place to add the legend as well.
Yeah, the bugged range units are just one of a few bugs I'll sort out for the next update.

Thank you for your comment and feedback. :)

krakr

Aug 17, 2017
Ahh the tutorial part is the perfect place for it since it's always available by clicking the ?.
And honestly, once you're familiarized once or twice, it's not that big of a deal.
I still dunno which icon is for jewels or runes lol somehow I had enough runes to recruit more mages though.

Just a quick question on the Armor Breaker quest. I'll put it in a spoiler just in case:
Is there a missing trigger after you create the Kaltrix blade?
I finished all my quests & then just went back to every location. I ran into Lace, beat her & dungeon-ized her.
It just seemed that it should have been the next step in "Armor Breaker" rather than a random encounter since it's part of the main quest line.
If it is, then the quest was flagged as finished after Kaltrix, I was only viewing open quests

OHHH before I forget, wanted to congratulate you on the murder mystery quest! Reminded me of every detective show from the 70's and 80's.
I wish I had made a unique save before announcing the killer though, would love to re-play that as either dumb or evil or currying favor. (and see who pops up in my dungeon lol)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
About the armor breaker quest:
It's related to the main story, but not a major part of it. The quest was just to explain/remind how to make the weapon necessary to defeat Lace. The encounter with her wasn't exactly random, as you need to trigger it in the dialog with Chiyo's sister and then defeat her using the skill.

Thanks. :) I'm sorry if I have to disappoint you about that, but a wrong answer will not give you a different result, but it'll be considered to "make no sense" and you can continue until you get the right answer.

krakr

Aug 17, 2017
Thanks. :) I'm sorry if I have to disappoint you about that, but a wrong answer will not give you a different result, but it'll be considered to "make no sense" and you can continue until you get the right answer.

Well, at least I don't have to regret not saving.
I would like to point out, that once the game is more fleshed out with the war system and all, it would be a perfect opportunity to get a native noble on your side if you invade/take over Begus with very minor tweaks involved.
If you like the oldest son, accuse the younger .... As is, it's fine, everyone is happy with you, but to be a real douche.... The younger son seems more progressive, the older more conservative. kill one off... Just be dumb, rape-dungeon Mom, be a total creep: rape-dungeon the daughter, need a potion expert? rape-dungeon the furry & turn her...
As is, everyone loves you, & that's fine. So much potential to be fleshed out though. I would say it should be last in the priority list though, since all works fine as is.
Sorry, I love RPG's & have had decades of ones that allow you to be good or evil, but seriously penalize you (XP wise/quest wise) for playing a total asshole or even outright evil.
Playing an asshole character keeps me balanced irl lol.
I assume you already have a like/hate flag on NPC's in the neighboring countries for consideration during invasion.
I'm seriously looking forward to it all. Thank you for your work and dedication.

Btw, so sorry to be adding ideas to what is already an epicly huge story.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Btw, so sorry to be adding ideas to what is already an epicly huge story.

No need to be, I appreciate all feedback and suggestions. :) It might not be the best idea to add more and more stuff into an already giant world, rather than finishing it, but that's what I'm doing anyway. :D I think filling the world with details and stories is one of the most important things, to have a great game in the end. Else there would be no point of making it an open world game.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Trying to do Ariana's quest. I woke her up and took the quest on Aldlyn's board, but I'm stuck on the part where I'm supposed to meet her at Witton's magic shop, because she doesn't show up at all. The only NPC I find inside the shop is the shopkeeper. Is it a bug or do I have to wait some time for her to appear?
No, she should appear immediately in the bottom left of the shop, in front of the table with a book on it.
If she isn't there, you can send me your savefile at Naughty-Netherpunch@web.de and I'll take a look at it and fix it if necessary.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2061.png

The windows version and update files for the new update are up! Mac and Linux version are being uploaded as well, but might not be finished at all places before tomorrow.

New content
:

- New character with events and CGs in the top right corner of the worldmap, in the igloo.

- New events with CG scene starting with Naevy in your bedroom.

- New unit "Healer" in the warmap system added. They can be recruited at the Command Center building, or else you can change an existing unit to become healers.

- Fixed several bugs and spelling mistakes.

- The planned addition of the impreg image to all scenes in which a character can get pregnant was delayed for now. Due to some feedback, I decided a simple picture poping up in a corner is not good enough for something so major. That's why it'll be improved first.

Things planned for the next update:

- New cage fight system for Brad.

- Patron reward scene with two main girls.

- New events and scene with Lielle.

- Should I have enough time, I'll also add the CG scene for the maid Bess.

The previous Naevy image and the new ones are all done by the artist Grigorart. I think I forgot to give him credit before, when his first image for Naevy was added to the game, so here you go now:
https://grigorart.deviantart.com/
https://www.patreon.com/grigorart

Download from my own server at:
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
Or download at:
--
Mediafire -- -- MEGA --

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Where were ice harpies located? I found them once a long time ago, but I forgot what map tile they lived.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Where were ice harpies located? I found them once a long time ago, but I forgot what map tile they lived.
There are two in the ice part of the drunken cave, where the event with Maria and the Ice spirit takes place. I thought they would be in other places as well, but apparently I never added them there. >.< Might need to fix that.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Cagefight%20training.png

The update files and windows version for the new update 17.09.24 are now online! (Mac and Linux version, as well as the walkthrough update will follow)

Content:

- New cagefight system for Brad, including a training system and 2 new battles.

- A new event with Lielle, starting at the Aldlyn city board after the first encounter with her, and when Ryen is level 30 or higher.

- The new event with Lielle will bring you to a new dungeon, with new enemies, riddles, and a special bossfight.

- Finishing the dungeon will not only reward you with some powerup items, but also with a CG scene.

- Maid Bess is now available at the headmaids girl selection screen. The amazing CG is done by the artist burbur. Make sure to check out more of her work at http://burburart.deviantart.com !

- Mira can now learn a group healing spell at level 25. In savegames with her at level 25 or higher already, you can learn the spell by entering the CG screen from the main menu.

- Due to constant problems with the turn-system of the overview map, I changed the switch necessary to start the system. In savegames where you already had it active, you need to enter the overview map through the general (or Lind) at the sleeping chamber once to re-activate it.

- New pregnancy animation and trigger was added to all girls with internal cumshot, including: Grey-f, Maid Linda, Maid Mary, Maid Flore, Sia, Lace, Irinlia, Kurohime, Ariana, Demoness, Naevy, Moriko, Zady (the dark sorceress), Millaine, Earthspirit, Firespirit, Leneth and Hellhound. Aleah has a pregnancy trigger, but no animation since it's a text only scene. Every girl has only a certain chance to get pregnant, but it can also be triggered during the replay of the scene. The impreg animation can only be triggered once per girl, for hopefully obvious reasons.

Download:

-- Download from my own server --

-- Mediafire -- -- MEGA --

Things planned for the next update in about 2-3 weeks:

- Change of the monster catching system

- Building option of a monsterhall, in which you can interact with catched monstergirls

- CG scenes for some captured monstergirl types, which unlocks after getting along with them well enough

- New main character CG scene

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Now needing to increase my level to 30. That will take awhile.

When you check Sia's CG in the CG room, you get teleported to where the scene finishes in the side room rather than where you entered the CG room from the menu.

Will there be any new ways of increasing eloquence?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Now needing to increase my level to 30. That will take awhile.

When you check Sia's CG in the CG room, you get teleported to where the scene finishes in the side room rather than where you entered the CG room from the menu.

Will there be any new ways of increasing eloquence?
Will fix the replay for Sia's scene. :)

Yes, I'll do more things with character variables in the future.

SirSillytheFool

Jun 22, 2017
I dunno if this has been brought up but the cg room is buggy. I have been teleported, sometimes after using it Kurohime is back in my dungeon for some reason, the previous bug makes me think a few others might be from the cg room too like I can't go to that area to the left of the elf village because I think there's clothes on the rock everytime I enter the area and now I can only have sex with the hellhound from the cg room.

I love the game though. With this new impreg thing will they start showing? Are there any planned effects to there suddenly being like twenty princes and princesses?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I cannot seem to figure out the switches in the new dungeon.
It's mostly just activating the switches once after getting access to it. I think there is only one which you needed to turn off again.

I dunno if this has been brought up but the cg room is buggy. I have been teleported, sometimes after using it Kurohime is back in my dungeon for some reason, the previous bug makes me think a few others might be from the cg room too like I can't go to that area to the left of the elf village because I think there's clothes on the rock everytime I enter the area and now I can only have sex with the hellhound from the cg room.

I love the game though. With this new impreg thing will they start showing? Are there any planned effects to there suddenly being like twenty princes and princesses?
I'll take a look at the CG screen bugs. Wasn't aware of those.

I'm planning to have a time jump later in the main story, after which the children of the previously impregnated women will be running around. :D But it'll still take a long time for me to get to that point, so for now it's only the animation and the satisfying knowledge that they'll eventually give you a child. ;)

Reactions: SirSillytheFool

SirSillytheFool

Jun 22, 2017
Oh I understand that that'll be awhile and the knowledge is very satisfying indeed. Thank you for creating such a wonderful diversion from boring day to day life.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2062.png

New content in version 17.10.09:

- Changed catching system for monsters. Alraunes, Mummies, Thunder kitties and Harpies can now be captured with the soul lanterns. The soul lanterns need to be used in battle now, and have an increased chance when the enemy's HP are lower.
- New dialog at the Whisperwind farm when talking to the Soul Lantern woman, in which it'll be mentioned that you can ask Sir Edward in your castle to build a monsterhall, which'll allow for more monster races to be released after capture. (Dialog unnessecary to proceed, if you already had the previous dialog in a savegame.)
- Using the "Talk" option with Sir Edward after the dialog at the whisperwind farm, the Monsterhall will be available on the overview map.
- After building the Monsterhall, it becomes available from a stair on the left side of the sleeping chamber. The maid Vivian will allow you to release monsters there, transfer them to other locations, and check how many monsters you currently have in all locations.
- Each monsters has a relationship variable, which can be increased by petting them or giving them the item they request. Both option are usuable once for each monster, until you re-enter the room. Requested items change at certain relationship levels.
- Blue, Red and Green Slimegirl, Ice Harpy and Thunderkitty have CG scenes at 90+ relationship, being available after giving them the item they request.
- Thunder kitties can now be found and catched at the dungeon below Crysthaven in Amagal.
- More green slimegirls can be found at the swamp below the bitterroot farm and at the forest near Ebron.
- Alraunes and Mummies have no CG scenes yet.
- Each monster you capture and release to the monsterhall will give you it's drop on a "harvest". Monsters with 50+ relationship have an increased output. The timer to re-harvest them is set to 10 when harvesting, and is reduced by 1 for each requested item you give to a monster and by 1 for each time you pet a monser. The amount is doubled for monsters you had the CG scene with.
- The "big farm central", which can be seen in the monster list, will be added in a similar way as the monsterhall with the next update. It'll be the only place for small and big harpies to be released.
- New drops for Thunderkitties and mummies has been added.
- In the first dialog with Vivian in the monsterhall, she'll give you a recipe for powerful weapon and equipment, which requires the drops of monsters to be crafted. This'll give their drops more value and the yield of the monsterhall as well.
- New events and CG scene with Ariana, when you picked to help her before ("Good" path events). If you did the previous quest and she is now at the sleeping chamers, you can find Mekboss Mashgul and continue her events at the dungeon below Crysthaven.
- New nametags for locations on the worldmap.

Fixed bugs:

- Sia event shouldn't advance in savegames from before it was added anymore and become unplayable.
- Replaying Sia's scene will send you back to the CG screen now.
- Replaying Bess' CG scene will send you back to the CG screen now.
- Fixed the Naevy+Demoness replay to bring you back to the point you started the replay and not sometimes to the other character.
- Fixed spelling mistakes in Moriko's and the thieves guild events, and in Sia's event.
- Lielle's new scene can now be replayed.

Known issues:
- Warmap still has some issues. Due to the complexity of the system, I could fix these "at the side" during this update. But I'm aware of them and will take care of it!

By chance, all 5 new CGs in this update are from different artists:

Ariana CG by Scarlett (https://twistedscarlett60.deviantart.com)
Red Slimegirl CG by Mirayna (http://mirayna.deviantart.com)
Green Slimegirl CG by Karis-coda (http://karis-coba.deviantart.com)
Thunder kitty CG by Burbur (http://burburart.deviantart.com)
Ice Harpy CG by Stewcow (http://stewcow.deviantart.com)

Stewcow was one of the artists I contacted when going seperated ways with Karis-coda, but in the end I went with Burbur and Grigorart (http://grigorart.deviantart.com). The costs to fund all artists is currently exceeding the gain from patreon, but hopefully that won't be the case forever. :)

Downloads for Linux and Mac version are delayed until tomorrow again, due to my internet connection. My apologies!

Download:
--- Download from my own server ---

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Love the new updates, though I simply must ask how the hell do you get through Lielle's dungeon?

I can't figure out which levers let me advance further forward, I can get past the riddle with the carpets easily enough, but I can't seem to open up the deeper parts of the left or right paths without accidentally blocking myself off.

Also what is the base percent chance to impregnate a girl? Some I get on the first try, others don't get knocked up even after dozens of tries (curse you Leneth!).

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Love the new updates, though I simply must ask how the hell do you get through Lielle's dungeon?

I can't figure out which levers let me advance further forward, I can get past the riddle with the carpets easily enough, but I can't seem to open up the deeper parts of the left or right paths without accidentally blocking myself off.

Also what is the base percent chance to impregnate a girl? Some I get on the first try, others don't get knocked up even after dozens of tries (curse you Leneth!).
The dungeon is relatively easy. Mostly you just activate the switches as you get access to them. Everytime you use one, you should get access to a new area. I think only one switch needed to be put back off, when you can't advance anymore.

The chances to impregnate a girl vary between 25% and 10%, depending on the girl. But Leneth was one of the girls that had a pregnancy trigger even before the animation was added, so maybe you're not unlucky but she simply was pregnant already.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The chances to impregnate a girl vary between 25% and 10%, depending on the girl. But Leneth was one of the girls that had a pregnancy trigger even before the animation was added, so maybe you're not unlucky but she simply was pregnant already.

Well shit that would explain things, who were the other girls with pregnancy triggers before the animation? Because I've got 3-4 girls that I've yet to get the animation on that I can fuck vaginally.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Well shit that would explain things, who were the other girls with pregnancy triggers before the animation? Because I've got 3-4 girls that I've yet to get the animation on that I can fuck vaginally.
Leneth, Hellhound, Maid Mary, Maid Flora and the Fire Spirit are the characters that you could impregnate even before the animation was done.

swickdick

Aug 28, 2015
I just cannot figure out these switches . I keep going back and forth and running into dead ends. If I at least knew which switch it was I needed to turn back off I might be able to get it.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I replayed it to make sure. :D Solution to the switch riddle:
You need to turn every switch once (to the left), but the switch in the flame riddle room has to be set back (after obtaining the chest), and in the top right are 3 switches close to each other. The lowest of those three needs to be turned back after the other two are active. [\spoiler]

swickdick

Aug 28, 2015
I replayed it to make sure. :D Solution to the switch riddle:
You need to turn every switch once (to the left), but the switch in the flame riddle room has to be set back (after obtaining the chest), and in the top right are 3 switches close to each other. The lowest of those three needs to be turned back after the other two are active. [\spoiler]
Thank you

Vul

Oct 11, 2017
Having some trouble with an angel's request quest. Get to the ice floor an have to pick to clear enemies on the right or left path, but it seems as soon as you kill one of the ice harpies on the floor it bugs out. Cleared out the right side went back to her says killed 26/10 on left an 9/10 on right even though never touched anything on left and right is empty now. Reset the floor beat just the top ice harpy on the left side saying that side is 25/10. Beat the other harpy on the side it drops to 12/10. Even after clearing the floor still says 12/10 on left an 9/10 on right an she won't move on. Defeating all the mobs except the harpies an the counter seems to be normal so it appears it just the 3 ice harpies on the floor messing everything up.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Having some trouble with an angel's request quest. Get to the ice floor an have to pick to clear enemies on the right or left path, but it seems as soon as you kill one of the ice harpies on the floor it bugs out. Cleared out the right side went back to her says killed 26/10 on left an 9/10 on right even though never touched anything on left and right is empty now. Reset the floor beat just the top ice harpy on the left side saying that side is 25/10. Beat the other harpy on the side it drops to 12/10. Even after clearing the floor still says 12/10 on left an 9/10 on right an she won't move on. Defeating all the mobs except the harpies an the counter seems to be normal so it appears it just the 3 ice harpies on the floor messing everything up.
The catching system used a variable which conflicted with the counter in the cave. I'll fix this for the next update. :)
Do you want me to fix your save file or give you the fixed map, so that you can advance now?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
The new version is up!

Screen%2063.png

Content
:

- The big farm, which you can build on the overview map, is now accessable. It'll also allow for small and big harpies to be released now. (No CG scenes there yet.)

- New event with Jackie at the herbalist, after her previous event are done and you've build the monsterhall.

- Secret CG event, which will require you to find several dialogs with hints while the necessary characters are in your party, and some other requirements to be met, before you can get to it. (And no, I won't give more hints/tips. And yes, I expect many people to go crazy about not finding it.)

- I've also made a change to the warmap pathfinding, which might reduce or even fix the movement problems. But it'll require a bit more work and testing, to ensure everything is bugfree in it. Currently only the update files and windows version are up, Mac and Linux version will follow. Walkthrough will be updated later as well, including the solution for Lielle's dungeon.

Things planned for the next update
:

- The "second" CG scene for Vampire. (She already has some more due to bonus scenes, but this is the original second scene for her.)

- Changes in the kingdoms policy and law system.

- New CG scene with Sia - And some other stuff, should there be enough time.

Download:

-- Download from my own server --

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
FLP%20screen.png

- New finances, laws and policies system. The system allows you to make several choices on how the country will be governed. The choices will affect 7 new variables of the people in your country, which will increase or decrease in the background while you do other things. There are no new events based on these numbers yet, but will be used in the future updates.

- New event with Vampire, starting at the Aldlyn city board with a new bounty quest.

- New event with Sia, starting at the sleeping chambers. Requires the Aldlyn bar upgrade from the overview map.

- New Icons at the CG room will now show which girl´s can get pregnant and if they are already impregnated.

- Changes to the option menu, allowing you to change the window color, and switch to wasd control or change the keyboard config manually for each key.

HUD%20color.png

Key%20config.png

General notes:

- I've pushed back the bug fixes for the warmap again and again for several weeks now, so I'll put a focus on it during the next few days. Please let me know in details about any problems you have or had, to help me get rid of all problems the system still has. If it's a longer description of a bug, at best with screenshots, please send it to Naughty-Netherpunch@web.de instead of making a mess in the comment section. Thank you!
default_smile.png

- I've recently posted the update files for new updates first in discord, while the full version uploads are still on the way. If you want to get the updates faster, and see information about the ongoing development of the next update ahead of time, make sure to drop by. ;)
You can find the discord channel at https://discord.gg/A79WrBq

Changes to the patron rewards:

The full size CG previews will now be available for +5$ patrons as well, rather than just the game size version.

Download link: https://my.hidrive.com/share/ijp41t-our
[MEGA and Mediafire uploads will be done tomorrow]