[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Missed out on the scene.....mostly because I don't like forced TF. If only it was willing TF :(

I tried the second battle on the warmap....but their not leaving the front of your castle. How do you make them take a turn again to progress towards the battle?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Missed out on the scene.....mostly because I don't like forced TF. If only it was willing TF :(

I tried the second battle on the warmap....but their not leaving the front of your castle. How do you make them take a turn again to progress towards the battle?

What does TF mean? Triple female? :)
After clicking on the battle and sending them there, they should move a bit each turn by themselves. But it might be bugged. I'll take a look at it!

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
What does TF mean? Triple female? :)
After clicking on the battle and sending them there, they should move a bit each turn by themselves. But it might be bugged. I'll take a look at it!

Transformation.

I've also left the battle screen, travelled around a bit and come back and their still in the same spot. Also noticed the wood supplies keep coming back as 250 and other supplies don't seem to be increasing much.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Yeah - my Ryen just couldn't leave Grey as a woman, so no scene for me (really don't want to go back 10+ hours of gameplay to start a second set of saves for an "evil" Ryen...)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Yeah - my Ryen just couldn't leave Grey as a woman, so no scene for me (really don't want to go back 10+ hours of gameplay to start a second set of saves for an "evil" Ryen...)
Do I hear regrets? :D Or should I add a scene for male Grey, so that you get your fun as well? ;)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Nah - was really just agreeing with Number13 about forced transformation - and leaving Grey in that state was a little cruel for the way I play Ryen...

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I can add - as it's MV, no RTP required. This game is the one that opened my eyes to the fact that MV is NOT always buggy and too laggy. Ryen has done a marvelous job using the newer engine to great advantage, and with the war map is exploring even more...

JakelEst

Oct 3, 2016
time to start from the beginning o,o

hmm played 5h+ hours and then noticed i let that thief go, but i needed to arrest her to meet magicspirit or is there some other way to get into yin tower to meet magicspirit?

Started again and 30mins played..

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
hmm played 5h+ hours and then noticed i let that thief go, but i needed to arrest her to meet magicspirit or is there some other way to get into yin tower to meet magicspirit?
If you let the little elf thief go, she'll be in the top right corner of Parverhill, behind the building. No matter what choice you picked during the encounter, you'll be able to follow her to the Magicspirit, just the location and situation changes. :)

Reactions: JakelEst

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Just to ask, will there be any chance of being able to end turns without involving combat? I'm asking this mostly because of wanting to increase my supplies outside of combat.

Or, could there be a training option where you can have your soldiers train against each other in practice fights?

JakelEst

Oct 3, 2016
I didnt even understand how can i do combat, because i didnt find any or i just didnt know how...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@Number13
Yes, the next update will change the end of the turn system to be at the end of the last deadline (turn 60), instead of directly after the last fight.
You can get exp for your forces in the Academy.

@JakelEst
The battles don't start when you talk to Sir Edward. They'll get visible on the overview map after talking to the general in the bottom right room at the sleeping chambers. He'll appear there after you have Vampire in your group.

The next update is likely to get uploaded today, but due to a lack of time and a slow internet connection I can't promise to get all versions up now. Everything not uploaded today will be available tomorrow. The priority will be the update files and windows version. Hopefully these will be done today.

Reactions: JakelEst

JakelEst

Oct 3, 2016
@Number13
Yes, the next update will change the end of the turn system to be at the end of the last deadline (turn 60), instead of directly after the last fight.
You can get exp for your forces in the Academy.

@JakelEst
The battles don't start when you talk to Sir Edward. They'll get visible on the overview map after talking to the general in the bottom right room at the sleeping chambers. He'll appear there after you have Vampire in your group.

The next update is likely to get uploaded today, but due to a lack of time and a slow internet connection I can't promise to get all versions up now. Everything not uploaded today will be available tomorrow. The priority will be the update files and windows version. Hopefully these will be done today.

Thanke for the fast reply, I tought i didnt need to talk to anyone anymore there, so i havent been to that room anymore.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2057.png

The new update is done! Changes from version 17.05.31 to 17.06.15:

- You can now exchange Stone, Iron and Wood items at Sir Edward, to turn them into warmap recources. (Wood is not the same item as Logs)

- The "stone seller" in the bar of Aldlyn now sells "Stone" items. This does not affect his role in the quest to reconstruct the old barracks.

- You can buy a limited amount of Wood and Iron on the trade map of the merchant Darude in Aldlyn.

- You can gather Stone similar to Iron in some dungeons. This does not require a Mithril Pickaxe.

- The turn-based system on the warmap now stops at the end of the last deadline (now turn 60), instead of stopping directly after the last battle.

- Warmap battle 3 and 4 added. Battle 4 introduces the first boss battle and a one-time full heal for a unit. Winning the battle 4 will bring the enemy commander Lind to your dungeon.

- Windmill/Bookbinder fixed.

- Changed the cost for lumberjacks/mines.

- New events with Naevy, which includes a new floor in the Spire of Courage, and leads to a sex scene with her (CG is not done yet, so it's text only for now. That's why it's also not in the CG replay screen).

- New CG for the first encounter with Brad

General news:
I made some changes to my patron rewards and stretch goal. Feel free to take a look at www.patreon.com/naughtynetherpunch for all changes. ;)

Download the newest version at:
--
Mediafire --
--
MEGA --

Last edited:

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Played the new update. The warmap does seem to be better. Also hope the Naevy cg is in the next update.

Will you add the new cg's to the gallery. Wanted to see the one pictured above but it wasn't there.

On the warmap, after upgrading all the Ardyln/home castle sites (bar, logistics and intelligence) it turned to an exclamation mark, meaning I couldn't press on it anymore when I wanted to check intelligence.

When I was in the third battle I noticed if I accidently moved a sentry to a spot you can't move to (like a mountain or tree) it acted like the sentry had moved there, causing problems. An example is I had the spot with the green bar a square below the sentry, meaning both the square the green bar was over and the actual sentry icon each took a separate square, causing two squares to be blocked and stuffing up some of my movements.

With the Bar being upgraded, shouldn't the actual you go in get a revamp when you go inside?

Will the Igloo, with it's content, become available soon?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
- Brad's CG will be added to the selection screen.
- The exclamation mark is supposed to allow to give orders to the intelligence service, but was on the wrong layer and therefore you couldn't select it.
- In some cases, the movementsystem is still bugged. I'm trying to find all cases and get rid of this as soon as possible. :)
- Currently none of the new buildings or upgrades on the overview map affect things outside of the map, but I have plans to make such changes.
- The Igloo will become available as soon as I have the CG that's part of the events there.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Interesting game, just found it two days ago while browsing for new content, finished all of the currently available content last night. Aside from some typo's and odd word choices, it's a lovely game. Some notes though:

1) The turn system on the warmap: I ignored this feature for the entirety of the game because I wanted to build as much as possible before I started doing things, then when I wanted to actually use it I couldn't because it wasn't letting me advance a turn while my armies were moving to the first battle. Turns out I needed to go to the general in my sleeping quarters and do my turns over there, which is weird but okay, though I suggest you have the grey-ed out turn button explain that for newbies who like me who don't know.

2) Sandra: After reading this thread, it seems I missed out on her treasure dungeon, since she won't mention it at all. Might be because I did her second CG scene before doing her first CG, and it put things out of whack.

3) Is the only way to gain wood without waiting a turn through paying 75k for bundles of 50 with the merchant in front of the castle? That's not enough wood for anything, and weird since I can easily mine both stone and iron by myself. Will it be possible that some cut-able trees get added to the game to help with the wood supply? One of the quests you can do has you cut down 6 for firewood for example.

4) Does the veggie garden you plant with Kayelinth ever grow into anything? Or does it stay that way?

5) It'd be nice If I could know what stats the magic weapons/armor you can make give, I have no idea if they're better or worse than steel armor/weapons and I'd rather not waste resources on getting both.

6) I don't know if I'm just blind, but is there somewhere we can go to see our relationship stat level with other countries? I'd like to know what my standing with them is.

7) Do the ship tickets do anything? Or just give access to that one chest?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@EmperorG
1. I was going to add a tutorial, to explain the overview map and the turn based system.
2. Unless I made a mistake somewhere, the first Sandra event with the chest does not effect her other events. The treasure dungeon starts at the sleeping chamber, when you have constructed both mines and the previous quest done.
3. I didn't want to make all buildings available too quickly and easily, but I guess it would make sense to add Wood to the farmable resources.
4. Not anytime soon. But it might be used again for later events with Kayelinth or at some other point.
5. You mean at the laboratory? I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.
6. Not at the moment, but the values have almost no affect anyway. But I'll make them visible and use them more in the future political meetings.
7. No, just the access to that one chest when you buy the correct ticket. ^^

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
2. Unless I made a mistake somewhere, the first Sandra event with the chest does not effect her other events. The treasure dungeon starts at the sleeping chamber, when you have constructed both mines and the previous quest done.

Oh I need both mines! Since the walk through doesn't mention the dungeon at all I didn't know that.

5. You mean at the laboratory? I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

Yeah the ones you can make at the laboratory, which is the better of the two sets? Steel or Magic?

Thanks for the quick reply!

salome

Jun 21, 2017
I can't believe how long I overlooked this game based on the title... I've got to say, it expresses almost nothing about the game itself. :x

However, this is super solid! There's so much good here, keep on keeping on with this! It's honestly one of the best RPGMaker style games I've played. I'm curious to see what you've got planned for Pumumuuumuuuuumuuuu, though I may just have not gotten to that content if it's already there.

I've been pouring the last several evenings into this and I'm a big fan! Cut out all the H content and you've still got a lot of really novel and interesting game concepts going here.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I can't believe how long I overlooked this game based on the title... I've got to say, it expresses almost nothing about the game itself. :x

However, this is super solid! There's so much good here, keep on keeping on with this! It's honestly one of the best RPGMaker style games I've played. I'm curious to see what you've got planned for Pumumuuumuuuuumuuuu, though I may just have not gotten to that content if it's already there.

I've been pouring the last several evenings into this and I'm a big fan! Cut out all the H content and you've still got a lot of really novel and interesting game concepts going here.
True, it's a unique name that doesn't tell much about the game rather than a desciption. But how else should I've named the game? "The being king and sometimes fuck girls simulator"? "Huge open world hentai RPG - THE GAME"? :D

Thanks! Pumumu doesn't have any major events yet. It was already made to finish all areas in Begus, but I didn't have the time to make events for it yet. They'll definitely come in the future! :)

I hear that a lot. :D Many people take a look at the game because of the hentai part, but stay because the game itself is so much fun as well. ^^

salome

Jun 21, 2017
True, it's a unique name that doesn't tell much about the game rather than a desciption. But how else should I've named the game? "The being king and sometimes fuck girls simulator"? "Huge open world hentai RPG - THE GAME"? :D

Thanks! Pumumu doesn't have any major events yet. It was already made to finish all areas in Begus, but I didn't have the time to make events for it yet. They'll definitely come in the future! :)

I hear that a lot. :D Many people take a look at the game because of the hentai part, but stay because the game itself is so much fun as well. ^^

Hmm it is difficult to come up with something good... maybe something like one of these:

"Dragon King's Fortune" "Dragonscrown: Rise of Renryuu" "The False King of (whatever)"

They're all a little more blunt about the premise. Oh! Or my personal favorite:

"How to Succeed in Regicide without Really Trying"

No but thinking about it, you're far enough along in the project that a name change would probably be a bad idea. Hurt the brand or whatever you know. I've stumbled onto this game way too late to really have useful criticism on the title. :p

Yalroth

Jun 26, 2017
Had a quick go at this game and so far really enjoying it however I have noticed a couple of bugs/issues:

Whenever I click on options, either at the title screen or in game I get an error message that crashes the game. This applies even if none of the options are changed.

Not able to save data through the save option and although it says auto save is on none of my data has been saved so I have to keep restarting.

Not sure if you have already been made aware of these issues or if they're specific to the macOS build but having attempted to make progress on 3 occasions and accidentally clicking options on the 3rd its annoying that I have to start again.

Game seems great and really enjoyable from what I have seen though :)

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Had a quick go at this game and so far really enjoying it however I have noticed a couple of bugs/issues:

Whenever I click on options, either at the title screen or in game I get an error message that crashes the game. This applies even if none of the options are changed.

Not able to save data through the save option and although it says auto save is on none of my data has been saved so I have to keep restarting.

Not sure if you have already been made aware of these issues or if they're specific to the macOS build but having attempted to make progress on 3 occasions and accidentally clicking options on the 3rd its annoying that I have to start again.

Game seems great and really enjoyable from what I have seen though :)
I've been playing the Mac version for a year now and have never experienced any of these issues. Have you tried a fresh download? Sounds like something's hosed in your installation...

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@Yalroth If your game is on a usb stick or write-protected folder, then the game can't create a save files. This seems to be the most common reason when saving doesn't work for people. :) It's also the reason why the option menu has problems, since it wants to create a file with the changed options but is not allowed to do so. Moving the game to a none write-protected folder should solve your problems.

Yalroth

Jun 26, 2017
Ah ok I'll try that then thanks. (Not entirely sure how to check if it's a write protected folder though o_O).
I was wondering if you had any plans for Pumumu Village in the future?
They seem like the kind of people you could invite to your Kingdom, similar to the mercenary group.