[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

Revonero

Apr 15, 2019
Really? Might I have the link? And I do hope my saves actually stick around as... Yeah it was not fun losing 11 hours of work. It's a great game but MAN, working through all of that again is not fun given how huge the game is.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Really? Might I have the link? And I do hope my saves actually stick around as... Yeah it was not fun losing 11 hours of work. It's a great game but MAN, working through all of that again is not fun given how huge the game is.
Select the "Browser version" from this page: https://gamejolt.com/games/Renryuu/152719
And no, the browser version won't take your saves from another page.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
I don't want to sound too critical of this extremely well-developed game, but I've come to a pet peeve in the story. I've hit the part where the last Fragment is in the Waterspirit and they want to go through this elaborate and difficult process to take it out of her. Why in the hell would they even do that? If it's that difficult to extract it, and she's well protected by soldiers and our heroes, why not leave it there? Removing it is just asking for the enemy to steal it, we're doing their work for them. Isn't it safer where it is than anywhere we could take it to?

I call this a pet peeve because similar plot points show up so often. It's so frequent in fact that if there is ever a list of shit to not do when you're a hero akin to the Evil Overlord List, this should be right near the top: "If the evil villains need something to complete their plan and it's at the end of a difficult gauntlet or inside a deathtrap or has an elaborate and mind-melting puzzle to find it or something similar, leave it where the hell it is. Absolutely do not retrieve it, because the moment you do the villains will thank you for doing the work for them and steal it from you".

You know how Raiders of the Lost Ark should have ended? When Indy figured out that the Nazis were digging in the wrong place because they had only half of the information needed from the amulet and thus the staff was the wrong length and the sun laser pointed to the wrong spot on the map, he should absolutely have not gone to dig up the Ark at the correct coordinates. Instead, having the amulet in his pocket, he should have gone the fuck home and made sure that thing got locked up where nobody could ever get to it. Then just sit back and laugh knowing that Belloq and the Nazis will be up to their eyeballs in sand with nothing to show for it because they don't have the right location. Hopefully, Hitler will have a few of them executed for their failure. Then, later after the war when the Nazis are gone and there's no more threat, then go dig it up. It's not like the thing's going anywhere!

Instead, he went and found the thing and the whole world was in danger. Just like how the Avalanche team retrieved the Black Materia from the Temple of the Ancients and sure enough Sephiroth stole it from them and put the world in danger with Meteor. Just like has happened over and over. Leave the Maguffin where the hell it is!

Revonero

Apr 15, 2019
Personally the only peeve I got is with the main character's personality in some cases. There have been a few times where I've gone "Dude, the fuck is wrong with you?" over the shit he's done.
Such as this one beach scene with a certain bathhouse frequenting blue haired cat and two tiger girls...... Basically it goes.

Cat girl: Want to become a girl again?
mc: No, forget it.
Tiger girl: It would be kinda hot tho
mc: Deal!

It just.... Fucking feels like Ryen becomes a damn push-over when a nude body or sex is on the line. I'm like... Ok that is good and all, but man! Have some gosh darn balls and discipline!

So other than the times Ryen becomes the mood killing push-over for pussy that I sometimes Wish to slap the ever living shit out of. The game is relatively solid and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
And yes... I'm the boring type that avoid player character transformation like the damn plague xD
Also I agree with the guy above me.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I don't want to sound too critical of this extremely well-developed game, but I've come to a pet peeve in the story. I've hit the part where the last Fragment is in the Waterspirit and they want to go through this elaborate and difficult process to take it out of her. Why in the hell would they even do that? If it's that difficult to extract it, and she's well protected by soldiers and our heroes, why not leave it there? Removing it is just asking for the enemy to steal it, we're doing their work for them. Isn't it safer where it is than anywhere we could take it to?

I call this a pet peeve because similar plot points show up so often. It's so frequent in fact that if there is ever a list of shit to not do when you're a hero akin to the Evil Overlord List, this should be right near the top: "If the evil villains need something to complete their plan and it's at the end of a difficult gauntlet or inside a deathtrap or has an elaborate and mind-melting puzzle to find it or something similar, leave it where the hell it is. Absolutely do not retrieve it, because the moment you do the villains will thank you for doing the work for them and steal it from you".

You know how Raiders of the Lost Ark should have ended? When Indy figured out that the Nazis were digging in the wrong place because they had only half of the information needed from the amulet and thus the staff was the wrong length and the sun laser pointed to the wrong spot on the map, he should absolutely have not gone to dig up the Ark at the correct coordinates. Instead, having the amulet in his pocket, he should have gone the fuck home and made sure that thing got locked up where nobody could ever get to it. Then just sit back and laugh knowing that Belloq and the Nazis will be up to their eyeballs in sand with nothing to show for it because they don't have the right location. Hopefully, Hitler will have a few of them executed for their failure. Then, later after the war when the Nazis are gone and there's no more threat, then go dig it up. It's not like the thing's going anywhere!

Instead, he went and found the thing and the whole world was in danger. Just like how the Avalanche team retrieved the Black Materia from the Temple of the Ancients and sure enough Sephiroth stole it from them and put the world in danger with Meteor. Just like has happened over and over. Leave the Maguffin where the hell it is!
I get your point and your problem with that kind of illogical story telling.
My thought about it in Renryuu, and what makes it different from your example, is that, not only does the enemy already know the location of the fragment, it's also putting the water spirits life at risk. The water spirit is vital for the entire country, and Raziel's group have proven to be strong enough to get what they want, so moving the fragment is supposed to protect her life and also prevent Raziel from getting the fragment. Contrary to your example, the heroes are not leading the enemy to something they don't know yet, but rather try to be faster than the enemy to hide it somewhere new. Hide it somewhere the enemy doesn't know.
Maybe there are still logical holes in the story, but I hope that explanation makes my own way of thinking about those events more clear. :)

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
I get your point and your problem with that kind of illogical story telling.
My thought about it in Renryuu, and what makes it different from your example, is that, not only does the enemy already know the location of the fragment, it's also putting the water spirits life at risk. The water spirit is vital for the entire country, and Raziel's group have proven to be strong enough to get what they want, so moving the fragment is supposed to protect her life and also prevent Raziel from getting the fragment. Contrary to your example, the heroes are not leading the enemy to something they don't know yet, but rather try to be faster than the enemy to hide it somewhere new. Hide it somewhere the enemy doesn't know.
Maybe there are still logical holes in the story, but I hope that explanation makes my own way of thinking about those events more clear. :)

I see... so that process isn't the only way to get the fragment out, killing her will do it too. That makes sense then, they're worried that they might fail to protect her and then they'll be dealing with an army of titans AND a dead water spirit. I get it now.

I would add a bit of dialogue to that effect, have someone ask about it saying it's such a difficult process they should be able to stop them from completing it. Have someone explain that the process isn't the only way to get the fragment, it's the only way to get it out and leave the water spirit alive --killing her will do just as well. They're not willing to take that risk, so it's gotta be moved.

Reactions: RyenSaotome

BlipBloop33

Aug 29, 2019
Not sure if this has come to your attention or not, but I found the "Weak Mummy" scene doesn't work properly (Shown bellow). After initiating the scene, this error appears. This also prevents the menu form opening (Says loading before repeating the same error message) and soft locks the game.

Untitled.png

Looking around in the files and following this directory, I was unable to locate the files mentioned. I checked both the Hi-Drive and MEGA update downloads to see if only one was missing the files, with both missing them. Not sure if it was simply not added to the update package or something else has occurred.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Not sure if this has come to your attention or not, but I found the "Weak Mummy" scene doesn't work properly (Shown bellow). After initiating the scene, this error appears. This also prevents the menu form opening (Says loading before repeating the same error message) and soft locks the game.

View attachment 11668

Looking around in the files and following this directory, I was unable to locate the files mentioned. I checked both the Hi-Drive and MEGA update downloads to see if only one was missing the files, with both missing them. Not sure if it was simply not added to the update package or something else has occurred.
If you get this message, it most likely means that you missed the small update from version 20.02.02 or .03 to 20.02.08 in which the weak mummy scene was added.
Use these update files for 20.02.08 https://mega.nz/#!H1pHzSCR!ly9Ebs8J_FJJaGGpOf6NrvUzJ9kkchPvST4-MY_u31g before updating to the newest version 20.03.02 to fix the issue.
The update files always have in name for what version they are, for example "Renryuu Ascension 20.03.02 - Update files for version 20.02.08 or later only!" mentions that it's only for version 20.02.08 or higher. Skipping updates when using the update files causes you to miss files, and gives you errors like for this missing image.

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
I'm stuck in Larielle's dungeon. The stupid autosave kicked in and erased over my save before entering the dungeon and now I can't leave. That autosave is frustrating as hell when it overwrites my current save automatically instead of having its own slot, it keeps me from being able to backtrack.

spare

Nov 12, 2017
I'm stuck in Larielle's dungeon. The stupid autosave kicked in and erased over my save before entering the dungeon and now I can't leave. That autosave is frustrating as hell when it overwrites my current save automatically instead of having its own slot, it keeps me from being able to backtrack.
Don't know what version your playing but the game does have it's own autosave slots in the case of the current build 20.02.08 it's slot 19 - 20 if you don't like it you can turn it off with the book by your bed otherwise just dont save past 18

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
Don't know what version your playing but the game does have it's own autosave slots in the case of the current build 20.02.08 it's slot 19 - 20 if you don't like it you can turn it off with the book by your bed otherwise just dont save past 18

I'm playing online, the version number says 20.03.02 and the save file is full of other games from that site so that's why it pushed the saves for this one down to the autosave zone. I didn't know about that until you told me. I suppose what I'll need to do is download a copy and start over. Thanks for the help anyhow, it'll suck having to start over but that's usually a thing with games I try out on sites online and later realize are good enough to be worth a download. This was inevitable.

BlipBloop33

Aug 29, 2019
If you get this message, it most likely means that you missed the small update from version 20.02.02 or .03 to 20.02.08 in which the weak mummy scene was added.
Use these update files for 20.02.08 https://mega.nz/#!H1pHzSCR!ly9Ebs8J_FJJaGGpOf6NrvUzJ9kkchPvST4-MY_u31g before updating to the newest version 20.03.02 to fix the issue.
The update files always have in name for what version they are, for example "Renryuu Ascension 20.03.02 - Update files for version 20.02.08 or later only!" mentions that it's only for version 20.02.08 or higher. Skipping updates when using the update files causes you to miss files, and gives you errors like for this missing image.

That's definitely odd, I did apply that update (All other scenes have worked and I am caught up with current released content) and have been consistent with getting the updates as they have released. Not sure why or how this particular part of a past update was missed, seeing as the scene itself plays out just without the image. I moved the two image files into the folder which has solved the missing image issue along with the softlock issue. Thanks for providing the update including the two files, though it is still a mystery to me how I managed to not have those two particular image files.

spare

Nov 12, 2017
That's definitely odd, I did apply that update (All other scenes have worked and I am caught up with current released content) and have been consistent with getting the updates as they have released. Not sure why or how this particular part of a past update was missed, seeing as the scene itself plays out just without the image. I moved the two image files into the folder which has solved the missing image issue along with the softlock issue. Thanks for providing the update including the two files, though it is still a mystery to me how I managed to not have those two particular image files.
Maybe it corrupted when you first applied it making you miss them?

spare

Nov 12, 2017
By the way is there any skill to leave the enemy with 1hp since capture is easier the less hp the enemy has and some of them have cloths break?

Revonero

Apr 15, 2019
By the way is there any skill to leave the enemy with 1hp since capture is easier the less hp the enemy has and some of them have cloths break?
I can't fully recall how I got it. It was either by getting three cowgirls and meeting the blonde one at Whisperwind farm. Or finish Chiyo's gold license exam and get the skill from the Sphinx. Unsure which of the two it was.

spare

Nov 12, 2017
Found a part missing in the walk-through in Chiyo's part her 6th event says "Her “alchemy” events start when you had the introduction dialog about alchemy tables (all blacksmith with an alchemy table trigger the dialog) and the festival of Thremten done. The second step requires the mithril pickaxe, which you get during the main story events. " but could never get it to activate even after ready to do the "final battle" quest. But it triggered in the first conversation after the feast of gratitude where she got the alchemy set

spare

Nov 12, 2017
I can't fully recall how I got it. It was either by getting three cowgirls and meeting the blonde one at Whisperwind farm. Or finish Chiyo's gold license exam and get the skill from the Sphinx. Unsure which of the two it was.
Yep get it from Sphinx finally could advance further with Chiyo so completed her test then talking to Sphinx when you "answer" her third riddle you get it

greyghoul

Mar 30, 2020
Hi, I'm stuck in a few places and would appreciate some help.
1) I can't damage the bosses in the challenge level of the Spire of Courage. Armor Crashing doesn't work. How do I bypass their defense/magic res?
2) I can't find the King of Amagal. I run around the tower clicking on everything, but nothing happens.
3) Chiyo's gold license? Amarinthe beach? Seaside tower? I'm not getting any of these (playing version 20.03.02). I'm sure there's some missing requirements, but I can't figure out what they are. Could someone link to the most recent walkthrough, because the ones I find on google aren't helpful.

Thanks.

Also, a bit of feedback. This is an amazing game. Lots of games could be good, but end up boring because they're desexualized, or else the game is sexualized but unplayable because the content is shit. Not many out there hit both nails. Yours does, so good job. Still, one annoying thing is that some of the tests are impossibly hard. Like "follow the light" in the poison dungeon. There's no way anyone without autism can remember each and every square the light touches. The only way to solve it is to pull up the walkthrough and follow the floorplan. Everyone gets stuck every now and again, and walkthroughs are good when that happens, but when the walkthrough is the default option, that's probably a sign that the test is too hard.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Hi, I'm stuck in a few places and would appreciate some help.
1) I can't damage the bosses in the challenge level of the Spire of Courage. Armor Crashing doesn't work. How do I bypass their defense/magic res?
2) I can't find the King of Amagal. I run around the tower clicking on everything, but nothing happens.
3) Chiyo's gold license? Amarinthe beach? Seaside tower? I'm not getting any of these (playing version 20.03.02). I'm sure there's some missing requirements, but I can't figure out what they are. Could someone link to the most recent walkthrough, because the ones I find on google aren't helpful.

Thanks.

Also, a bit of feedback. This is an amazing game. Lots of games could be good, but end up boring because they're desexualized, or else the game is sexualized but unplayable because the content is shit. Not many out there hit both nails. Yours does, so good job. Still, one annoying thing is that some of the tests are impossibly hard. Like "follow the light" in the poison dungeon. There's no way anyone without autism can remember each and every square the light touches. The only way to solve it is to pull up the walkthrough and follow the floorplan. Everyone gets stuck every now and again, and walkthroughs are good when that happens, but when the walkthrough is the default option, that's probably a sign that the test is too hard.
1. Use the "Box of Ash" you got from the previous boss to remove their invulnerability. The full details for all features of the raid are in the bottom of the walkthrough in the FAQ section.
2. Inside of the Ying or Yang tower in Amagal is a red hexagon on the ground in the basement. When Chiyo's magical knowledge is high enough, you can repair it and get to the prison in which you first meet the King of Amagal.
3. All steps for Chiyo's events are in the walkthrough. You might be missing the feast of gratitude events from the Aldlyn city board to advance her events.
You can reach the Amaranthe beach by buying tickets at the Havaria port and going there with ship.
Seaside tower is a recently added map in Dorgania.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Update%2020.03.30.png

The new version 20,03.30 is now available!

Changes:
- New event line with Mirel. It starts at the sleeping chambers and requires the previous events and Mirel at level 25 or higher.

- Changed the special arrow item. Instead of being used as requirement for certain skills, it can now be used in battle to give Mirel a temporary crit chance bonus.

- The hellhounds Luoyang and Yimu have solo CG scenes now. You need to get the relationship with them up to 100 by bringing them items from the hellhound dungeon in order to unlock the scenes.

- Fixed a bug with a CG of Lace, which refused to disappear after the scene was done.

Downloads:
Hi-Drive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/ijp41t-our
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!CpQXwBDS!wwZlWRrPWoGzZX5h0-MlRQ

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Update%2020.04.18.png

Changes for update 20.04.18:

- A new quest starts when you talk with Grey at the sleeping chambers. Requires the previous event (Grey going drinking with Elly and having the three/foursome scene), the event with Scarlett making your portrait, and the first CG scene with Lady Akira at the brothel.

- Added the CG scenes for Dai-Xinyue and Shui at the hellhound village. Dai-Xinyue requries the relationship at 100+ and Shui requires that you sleep with Dai-Xinyue first.

- New event with Lind, which starts at the sleeping chambers when you had her thigh fuck scene, repaired the old barracks, and allowed female soldiers in the law and finances screen. The price for upgrading your units during Lind's event was reduced from 1 million gold to 500k.

Downloads:

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
It was actually interesting to learn of some of the lore of the known world outside the 4 countries (and least with what knowledge Lind knew). I hope to see more expansion on that.

TT2110

Sep 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
I need your help :) I have all girls that can get preggo with Ren seed, except :
Im missing in CG room, page 4 one last girl, it still black, she is on page4 on left upper,mean left from Zady and up from Irinlia. Can someone telling me her name, so I can find her and working on it. thx in advanced

ps: still cant find this secret path, im long max my team lv99 in orchel, did searching evwrywhere. Maybe our RenSaotome answer to it ???

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Hi everyone,
I need your help :) I have all girls that can get preggo with Ren seed, except :
Im missing in CG room, page 4 one last girl, it still black, she is on page4 on left upper,mean left from Zady and up from Irinlia. Can someone telling me her name, so I can find her and working on it. thx in advanced

ps: still cant find this secret path, im long max my team lv99 in orchel, did searching evwrywhere. Maybe our RenSaotome answer to it ???
The person you're missing is the maid Mary. You need to talk with her at the throne room while Elly is in your party to make her available on the selection screen of headmaid Ryia.

What secret path do you mean? The secret hot spring is not in Orchel, not even in Dorgania. The walkthrough explains in the FAQ section how to get to the secret hot spring, if that's what you're looking for.

TT2110

Sep 1, 2019
@RenSaotome:
ty for the fast answer about Mary.
And done with Mary & now i remember it, as i playing this game for the first time, i unlock Mary very fast and after sometime, there's a newer version, around that time i cant upgrade and must delete the app and install anew and start to play from the start again & total forgetting her.

And here someone asking about the secret prison & bb did answer here:

To unlock it you have to have all
the characters on level 99 and
have 1,000,000 Gold, after that,
a secret passage opens in Orchel.
Trust me, this is 100% reliable.
:)

I did searching everywhere in Orchel, maybe bb are trolling us !!? :-(
So its best to asking you as the creator about it & im done that secret bath long ago
And i know only a secret prison in the castle

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@RenSaotome:
ty for the fast answer about Mary.
And done with Mary & now i remember it, as i playing this game for the first time, i unlock Mary very fast and after sometime, there's a newer version, around that time i cant upgrade and must delete the app and install anew and start to play from the start again & total forgetting her.

And here someone asking about the secret prison & bb did answer here:

I did searching everywhere in Orchel, maybe bb are trolling us !!? :-(
So its best to asking you as the creator about it & im done that secret bath long ago
And i know only a secret prison in the castle
There is no secret prison or bath in Orchel. That comment was obviously meant as a joke.

You can find people who know about the spring in Ebron, Witton, Parverhill, Thremten, Red keep and Aldlyn. All six dialogs with Mira and Mirel in your party, and their events at the Thremten festival, are necessary for a spot at the Calbridge Stronghold to became available when you press enter on it.

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Update%2020.05.09.png

Changes:
- New event with Vampire and the Wind Spirit. It's starts in the top left corner of Aldlyn when the main story events and Vampire's events are advanced far enough.
- Added the solo CG scenes for the hellhounds Xyani and Liu.

Skilltree
- New skilltree pages replace the old skilltree, and can be accessed from the menu, same as before.
- Each party member received a unique skilltree page, which adds about 100 new skills into the game.
- The old skills and points you've invested remain, on the pages of different party members.
- All skills can be reset to regain the skillpoints now.

Feedback about the new skilltree system would be highly appreciated. Mostly about the balancing, if some skills are overpowered or not worth the skillpoints, and if the new skills made you change your previous party formation.
Since I got asked a lot about how to get to the hellhound village after the last two updates, I thought it might be best to explain it again: You need to get the wyvern Leneth pregnant to have a chance to meet Hellhound in a maid uniform in your secret bedroom. The trigger for this is a randomly generated number and can be re-rolled by using the teleport stone. After the scene with Hellhound in the maid uniform, you can find her in the volcano in Amagal in front of a hole in the wall which leads to the hellhound village. In order to enter the volcano, you need to advance Vampire's events.

For the next few days I plan to bring the walkthrough up to date and take care of reported spelling mistakes, which have been piling up a bit. ^^"

Downloads:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Small update to version 20.05.17:
-> This update only fixes bugs and spelling mistakes, it adds NO NEW CONTENT. <-
- For some people the Wind Spirit did not appear in the top left of Aldlyn even after getting all requirements. There is an option in the book next to your bed in the castle to fix this issue now.
- Fixed the bug of your party disappearing when you asked Lady Akira to change you into a girl at Witton.
- Fixed the bugged treasure chests in the fire raid of the Spire of Courage. They don't freeze the game or give you multiple items anymore.
- Fixed several issues with the new skills from the skill tree update. Everything that was reported should work as intended now, but please let me know should you still notice any skills that don't work as described.

Downloads: