[RPG] Renryuu: Ascension

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2077.png

New version including the christmas special is now available!

The update contains new events for Ryoko, starting at the sleeping chamber when you had her previous events. It'll start only a short event, but after you're back at the sleeping chamber there'll be a new note on the Aldlyn city board to continue the events with a new quest. After that quest is done you can talk with Ryoko at the sleeping chamber again to start her new CG scene.

The new scene is necessary in order to unlock the christmas special with the last code 222222.

I've also re-activated the special scene from last year, which you can start by sleeping at your bed in the castle.

And I've updated Ryoko's full body nude CG with a new and better version.

Downloads:
https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
or
https://mega.nz/#F!CpQXwBDS!wwZlWRrPWoGzZX5h0-MlRQ

Repy

Jan 11, 2019
Hi, I'm having trouble finding steel, I'd like to know if there are any vendors or any mine where I can find :(

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Hi, I'm having trouble finding steel, I'd like to know if there are any vendors or any mine where I can find :(
You can craft steel from iron and coal. Coal can be found at the Spire of Courage and some dungeons in Dorgania. The recipe can also be obtained at the Spire of Courage.

yuh boik

Jan 11, 2019
Im having trouble with the armor breaking quest, ive made the katryx blade already, and my quest log still only shows the step "Get all ingredients and make the katryx blade

yuh boik

Jan 11, 2019
Im having trouble with the armor breaking quest, ive made the katryx blade already, and my quest log still only shows the step "Get all ingredients and make the katryx blade

I think I know why, I used Chiyo’s alechemy option when talking to her to make the sword, instead of the blacksmith. Any way to fix? Maybe change code to give me the next step?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I think I know why, I used Chiyo’s alechemy option when talking to her to make the sword, instead of the blacksmith. Any way to fix? Maybe change code to give me the next step?
You're right, I was missing the command for finishing the quest when using alchemy with Chiyo instead of any of the alchemy tables. I changed the events so that it'll properly finish the quests even when you craftthe weapon with Chiyo.
The events should still continue without problem, but if you're bothered by the quest still being active in your questlog, you can send me your save file and I'll fix this for you.

Edit: Interacting with an alchemy table, even when selecting "No" during the choice, should also solve the quest when you already have the Katryx Blade.

Last edited:

yuh boik

Jan 11, 2019
cool, also im having trouble with the redwood murder in millwater, i also cant find the updated walkthrough, could you help with both?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
cool, also im having trouble with the redwood murder in millwater, i also cant find the updated walkthrough, could you help with both?
For the murder case, you need to find the right clue upstairs and then talk with the suspects until you got enough information to attempt to solve it. You do so by talking to the soldier next to the corpse. Should you've not figured out what happened from the dialogs, you can check the FAQ section of the walkthrough for the solution.

The most recent walkthrough version is "18.12.16". I don't make a new version for every update, since usually there isn't much to add to the walkthrough anyway. You can always find the most recrent walkthrough in the folder link of my uploads where you also get the different game versions and update files.

yuh boik

Jan 11, 2019
great, also sorry to keep asking questions, but how to I find the king of amagle? I don't know where the red teleporting circle is and the walkthrough isn't very clear

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
great, also sorry to keep asking questions, but how to I find the king of amagle? I don't know where the red teleporting circle is and the walkthrough isn't very clear
The teleport circle is in the cellar of the Yang Tower in Amagal. You need Chiyo in order to "repair" it.

yuh boik

Jan 11, 2019
The teleport circle is in the cellar of the Yang Tower in Amagal. You need Chiyo in order to "repair" it.
im thinking of becoming a patreon, but not sure as there hasnt been an update on patreon in a while, is everything running smoothly?

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
im thinking of becoming a patreon, but not sure as there hasnt been an update on patreon in a while, is everything running smoothly?
Yes. The update is just delayed a bit as I was out of the country for a while after New Year and couldn't get much done in that time. But I'm back home by now and working on the next update. :)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
The walkthrough helps: "You need to turn every switch once (to the left), but the switch in the flame riddle room has to be set back (after obtaining the chest). In the top right are 3 switches close to each other. The lowest of those three also needs to be turned back after the other two are active."

Jason Valyria

Jan 24, 2019
I'm stuck searching for the fragments in dorgania. I flipped all switches right in lualomba and finished the el arma burial, then I flipped them all back to the left and went to the ghost town whose name escapes me atm. I activated all switched but in room 2 there is a switch by a boulder that I cannot get to... any tips??

Last edited:

Jason Valyria

Jan 24, 2019
I'm stuck searching for the fragments in dorgania. I flipped all switches right in lualomba and finished the el arma burial, then I flipped them all back to the left and went to the ghost town whose name escapes me atm. I activated all switched but in room 2 there is a switch by a bolder that I cannot get to... any tips??

Ps. The game is absolutely amazing, I don't have a PC anymore so finding an rpg maker game at this level available on android is the best, the last sovereign held the place as my favorite for awhile but it's been years since I've played it. This one is my favorite now and I look forward to all of your future updates!!

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
I'm stuck searching for the fragments in dorgania. I flipped all switches right in lualomba and finished the el arma burial, then I flipped them all back to the left and went to the ghost town whose name escapes me atm. I activated all switched but in room 2 there is a switch by a boulder that I cannot get to... any tips??
The switch is unreachable because they don't need to be activated. There is a hint on the stone plate in front of the different rooms pointing out that it's the "count" that matters and where you have to use it.
If necessary, the walkthrough has the solution to the riddle in the FAQ section. ;)

Thanks for the praise. It makes me happy to hear you enjoy it so much. ^^

~ New version will posted tomorrow, once all upload are done. ~

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
Screen%2078.png

The new update 19.01.23 is now available!

Content:
- New scene with maid Aleah, available from the selection screen of headmaid Ryia.
- The old rape events of Aleah, which were text-only so far, have CGs now.
- After Mira's event at the island temple, where you meet Shanna, a new event with the foxgirl will be available at Pumumu.
- The replay of the foursome event with Grey, Elly and the Dark Sorceress Zady now starts at the bar and the lesbian threesome part before heading to the foursome scene.
- Sandra can now pickpocket insignias from monsters in the Spire of Courage.
- Some minor bug and spelling fixes.

- Christmas events are still available for now.

Download:

Hi-Drive: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/share/ijp41t-our
or
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!CpQXwBDS!wwZlWRrPWoGzZX5h0-MlRQ

DisAnto

Jan 29, 2019
Hi, had to drop by to say with or without the CGs this is a wonderful project and the amount of details that goes into it is just amazing. One thing I realized after seeing this grammar mistake multiple times and digging in the game root files is that all of the "too much" phrases were "to much". Just wanted to point that out. Also after CG scene with Mary, it seems that you are forever trapped in a mode where you can't use teleport stones; regardless of whether or not you decide to engage her after you visit the bar. Oh yeah, maybe finish up with some side quests like the one in Dorgania capital where you had to rescue the vampire, no news from them afterwards. I think I would love to see the main quest conclude as well. Not sure what the island on the bottom of the map with three storage looking infrastructures are for.

I mean, this game is still stunning given the amount of time one can devote to it. I'm really here not for the CG but for the pure exploration that has been found to be endless. Now I'm just roaming around finding a NPC I missed a dialogue with.

One question though: How do I continue with Ryoko's quest line? It ends after I buy her an axe from Capital Blacksmith.

Last edited:

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@DisAnto I'm happy you enjoy the game. Always a great thing to hear. ^^
Thanks for pointing out the issue with Mary's event. I've been looking for the event causing that problem for a while but didn't knew where it is coming from, so I'm very grateful it was found and reported to me. It's fixed now. =)
I have a bunch of side events that still need to be finished, but due to limited time, as I'm working on this project all by myself, I have to set priorities and let some content on the "to-do liste" for a long time. But it'll be done eventually! The main quest will be on hold for a while as well, as it's next step would be the mentioned time skip. The time skip will be a big challenge, since it affects and changes a lot in the world.
The use for the three buildings at the island in the south is a secret for now. ^_^

For the next event with Ryoko you require the first public health upgrade to have the clinic in Aldlyn. If you have the upgrade, you should be able to find an npc in the bottom right corner of Calbridge Stronghold, who will trigger the new events and lead you into a dungeon.

DisAnto

Jan 29, 2019
Thanks! Can I still continue with Mira's quest line if I accept the ice spirit's offer of increasing magic power in the previous event?

Edit: In another play through found some mistakes with the dialogue with the soldiers standing guard in the storage when you bring in the baby dragon aka. Kayelinth. "... no trouble is caused by or for or new guest."

Last edited:

DisAnto

Jan 29, 2019
Are you planning to change some character's skills and traits?

Don't get me wrong, these long paragraphs are specifically designated to only one or two characters in the game. I think that this game should definitely make combat one of its strongest strengths by adding variety to certain characters, or high risk high reward play style.

After a few trial and errors with some characters I found that Mirel and Mira are especially weak to use in a fight. Overall, Mirel has a mediocre base damage and some rather generic skills such as double shot and special shot are just quite disappointing when you consider that Chiyo can do that exact higher damage to all enemies on screen with similar percent use of MP. I would just like to see more variety in characters as we already have a fast fighter, Tsubaki. Brad is more of a toned down version of Ryen since Ryen has an attack buff of adding elements just like Brad. Brad's base attack is also quite low as right now without any items used hes at 67 Attack Level 23. Comparing to Tsubaki 80 attack at the same level as well as higher agility and higher defense. (I may or may not have used items to buff these stats but it mustn't been much as I do not use these characters when I unlock other characters.)

I would suggest buffing Mira with support skills such as group lowering MD and D of enemies, which won't ruin Ryoko as the latter focuses more on enemies A and MAT. I would definitely like to see Mira more as a combat support medic than a convenient health pack since pretty much most characters has a method of healing self or healing others. To be honest, Vampire is one of the more interesting characters to use as the primary damage output given her ultimate skills of dark wave and other group control damage. At the same time she has self debuffs that goes along with using strong attacks and acts as a strong substitute to Chiyo. Her attacks have a lot of personality and usage in battle. I would like to see more of these characteristics with Mirel and Brad. Another good example would be Kyelinth and Trey where both are good substitutions to act as a strong tank role. Trey can simply tank the damage and use his higher MD and D to absorb the damage while Kayelinth can regenerate health extremely quick and dish out sufficient fire group damage when needed.

I just couldn't find why would one use Mirel or Brad when other characters can be better at what they do entirely. Tsubaki is a much stronger character than Mirel as Tsubaki has the double attack (Dual Attack), has a (Combo Slash) strong single attack, and has a group damage (Whirlwind). She also has higher health, higher defense, and lower agility. Mirel using her old bow also has a much lower damage than Tsubaki using the Setsuna. Regardless, one should definitely use Tsubaki over Mirel even with the best possible equipments used.

As I was searching for some interesting combinations of characters to use, I didn't find a lot of forums discussing this matter. Seems to me that little to no people are actually using some of the difficult characters like Ryoko and Kayelinth. Ryoko is a very powerful supporter if you are running Chiyo and a tank. She is also extremely agile which allows her to apply multiple buffs to friendlies before the enemy even has a chance to strike. Kayelinth is also very agile and has an interesting mage tank characteristic allowing her to heal very quickly and deal damage debuff; however, I would expect a character of high maintenance, constant intake of toys and vegetables, to have a greater advantage compared to Trey.

Last thing would be that each character should stick to their own roles. For instance, I wouldn't use Trey's holy shield skill as his MAT is very low and he's more of a tank role. Perhaps something more like a defense buff would work better for the character. For Ryoko, I wouldn't use her Order:Attack as her damage is very low as well.

These are just some suggestions I had when I played the game, I think some characters are fine the way they are but some needs some fine tuning to make them more useful. ;)

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@DisAnto Yes, the balancing is by far not final.
There was a base idea for each character, together with different elements each can use to make it important to switch between them. But as you noticed, the details still need a lot of work. :D
Thanks for your feedback! I'll use it to improve the system and as motivation to do a bit more in this regard. ^^

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
what do i have to do to get those two girls out of the way so i can take a ship to dorgonia

RyenSaotome

Mar 6, 2016
@cazadore The dock in the south can't be used. There is another dock in the west which can be used to get to Dorgania. But you can't enter the city until you're far enough in the main story to have a permission.

Which farm? And what problem do you have with repairing it?