Return to Mareth (In Game)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The group was ushered in, and given seats in front of the semicircular table that took up the back of the room. Seated on the other side were the three councilmen; Mayor Ozric, a powerfully built horse-man with chocolate fur, sat in the center of the trio. Guild mistress Cera, a lithe cat-morph was to his right. And finally, Guard Captain Urta, a grey fox-morph, sat to his left. All three wore the ceremonial black robes of office, and it looked as if all three had recently brushed their hair for some reason.
"Ah, welcome," said Ozric, in his deep baritone voice. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Oh, it's not a problem. I'm sure you guys were handling something important, right? Not like you'd be fucking each others brains out or something." He says cheerily.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"It is of no trouble, I am sure you were simply other wise disposed of at the time." She gives Draanok a shocked look. "Could you not right now? Be respectful!"

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Shizu face-palmed at this and then gave a heavy sigh. "Lets just.... get to the matter at hand please?", she said glaring at Draanok and then at Zera before taking a seat.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"See? The salamander gets it!" He grumbles, pouting. "I mean, it's literally a sex filled land. No shame in it, right?" He says, shrugging and looking at Zera.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"The reason we called you here," began guild mistress Cera, firmly. "Is to discuss the next course of action that will be taken to ensure the city's safety against the demons."
"The events surrounding Lady Castella's kidnapping have had us quite worried," continued Urta. "The fact that a demon made it inside the bounds of Tel'Kara somehow is more than a little alarming."
"Not to mention the discovery that some of our own citizens were bringing illegal substances into the city limits," finished Ozric.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"You're welcome for that last bit, by the way." He adds dryly. "Clearly you guys have a hole somewhere that you're not aware of." He says.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Indeed, it is a matter most upsetting. It means you have a smuggling ring somewhere in the city... a ring so tainted they would bring demons inside the city limits. This might be a case of forbidden fruit... making something illegal only makes some people want it more."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Shizu looks thoughtful for a moment before speaking up. "..... It sounds to me like you need someone to root whoever is helping them, the demons.... out. I can help you there, scouting and information gathering are specialties of mine.", she said, arms crossed.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Your friend, Draanok, has already done an excellent job of disrupting the smugglers," said Urta. "But, demonic invasion is a much more pressing matter. We learned from the prisoners taken when Lady Castella was rescued that the little demon somehow managed to 'tag along' with one of them when they returned to Tel'Kara from outside the city limits. Until now, it was thought impossible to bring others with oneself while traveling quickly across Mareth. But, if the demons have found a way to do so, then the city could face a full scale invasion at any moment."
Urta's words hung in the air for some time, before councilor Cera spoke up. "We need more information on this matter," she began flatly. "We were hoping that you might be willing to lend the city your aid and journey to the mainland to gather intel?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He looks around at the others, before shrugging. "Sure. Whatever. I'm in. Chance to get out of this boring place at least." He snorts.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"If full scale invasion is a true risk, then it is my duty to protect the innocent here in the city. I shall grant you my aid in this task."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
"The demons have attacked my village.... that's why I'm here. So i will help you. You have my support as well.", Shizu said with a sort nod, her voice sounded quite cold however.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Excellent," said Urta. "A good place to begin might be a small town near the northern banks of the lake. It is a demon settlement, so I would not recommend strolling in like you own the place," she explained.
"Beyond that, simply wandering the land will likely turn up someone, or something, to question; sooner or later," Cera added.

[Sorry for the late reply, everyone, work was kinda' wonky last week, so I wasn't getting much sleep. Things should be a bit more stable now.]

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"a demon settlement? I wasn't aware that they even bothered to settle on anything... can you give us any advice on how to deal with them without resorting to violence? I don't favor our odds against an entire village of them."

[It's all good dude. Work is a real pain.]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"We could sneak in, poison their food and drink, and watch them writhe in agony as they die?" He asks excitedly.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"So? It would still work! Or would you rather storm the camp and get taken captive? Oh waaaaait. That already happened to you, didn't it?" He snorts.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Pfft. Yeah. I thought so. Anyway, I vote for poison. It's not violent in the blood and gore sense, but it would get the job done. And there are poisons which can just make someone extremely sick too, so we can capture them for information if needed." He says, ignoring the growling salamander.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"We need you to gather information, not corpses," Counselor Cera cut in. "And, if you don't plan on using force, the best way to get a demon's cooperation is with the promise of pleasures of the flesh."
"It's true, most demons can't use their head and their nethers at the same time," Urta added. "But, I'd think long and hard before going that rout. Too many rolls in the hay with those creatures, and you'll soon be just as corrupt as they are."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well that's what we have her for." He says, looking at Castella. "The priest! So... We can fuck their brains and some information out, and then get purified. Simple." He says, shrugging.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
"That..... will not be necessary.... Surely we can simply sneak in and observe, Or perhaps capture one and interrogate them....", Shizu cutting him a scathing look.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I would not put so much stock in my ability to purge the corruption. The spell is tiring and the more I have to remove the more it takes from me. That, and how can we trust their word. Say you agree to a romp for information... and soon you are at the center of the whole town waiting to be used..."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"An excellent point," Urta added. "Whatever course you choose, you must exercise caution, lest you find yourself being tempted by them."