Observation post of the Observer.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
The new kitty seems very traditionally Jasirran, yet does not dye her hair. Obviously do whatever you feel is best, but dark blue hair would be a major draw in my opinion.

You're right, I totally forgot to read the codex and forgot Jassirans dye their hair. I think I'll swap her tattoo/hair colour and go with dark purple hair.

jojonut

Jul 13, 2017
Just want to pop in and say the more I read the content, the more I like Inari Kinu, especially because of her fiancé, Hitoshi. Just because they seem super cute together!

Also love the content you wrote for Gareth! I feel bad that my characters couldn't stay lupine to be with him though, happen to like being human too much to stick around... Still managed to get six lupine pups out of that!

Hope you'll update future possibilities with Nakano. He's insane but you can leave the dumbass to me, I happen to be a moronsexual—

Last edited:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Soon (TM)

370284b9d3a83de098bdc6956780c314.png

Theonly

Dec 15, 2019
Will there be any opportunity to avoid Adult Kinu getting a lover? Having fox daughter sounds fun and great but I'd rather not have to avoid Kinu's content if all pathways lead to that.

TheShepard256

Will there be any opportunity to avoid Adult Kinu getting a lover? Having fox daughter sounds fun and great but I'd rather not have to avoid Kinu's content if all pathways lead to that.
Nope. Adult Kinu always hooks up with a guy (Nakano for Kitsune Hime, Hitoshi for Young Inari), which I think is fine since by that time, she's her own woman and can do what she wants (within reason, of course; neither of the two are abusive towards her or anything like that, so to me, adult Kinu dating either of them counts as within reason).

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Kids have to grow up sometime. Sadly, this includes them starting their own lives and families. Rest assured, being a kit factory will only be a portion of your daughter's adult nature.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Welp, that's that. Time for a small update.

Miko and Mai and Kohaku are theoretically coded and done. However, since there's some other upcoming content that the team would like to showcase that we'd like not to get drowned out by foxes, they've been moved behind one patch. That way we can also release the pub patch with said content and save all the delicious little foxes for backer patches. Cruel, but it makes good business sense.

At the same time, I've also finished up adult Kinu; she is complete at 100,000 words. Technically she's two characters, so this makes her base content 50,000 words each, but who's counting? I am.

From here on out, I'm going to be working on Sally and Kiyoko companion.

Theonly

Dec 15, 2019
Nope. Adult Kinu always hooks up with a guy (Nakano for Kitsune Hime, Hitoshi for Young Inari), which I think is fine since by that time, she's her own woman and can do what she wants (within reason, of course; neither of the two are abusive towards her or anything like that, so to me, adult Kinu dating either of them counts as within reason).

Depressing. No Kinu content for me it seems.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Could use some party survival skills... also rather liking that package coming with the Immolation skill.

GhostTheCapitalist

Dec 16, 2019
You fellas are being a bit too harsh on Kinu getting a husband. Personally I'd love to see grandchildren kits interaction scenes. Perhaps seeing adult Kinu acting as exasperated as her mother was when dealing with the exciting little floofballs.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
I encountered the geomancer at 1pm and have not been able to reencounter since. There is some powerful trickery goin on around here.

Also i would have been okay with floof girls stuff being in the public patch. Im a backer almost entirely out of impatience... and a hint of art nerd mixed in.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
I encountered the geomancer at 1pm and have not been able to reencounter since. There is some powerful trickery goin on around here.

Also i would have been okay with floof girls stuff being in the public patch. Im a backer almost entirely out of impatience... and a hint of art nerd mixed in.

Geomancers only appear in northern Frostwood.

Theonly

Dec 15, 2019
I just wish Nakano/Hitoshi could be avoidable or something for Kiyoko/Kinu's content, or at least I could contribute something about it but I can't. Or probably shouldn't for that matter. But to try and not just be a complete whiner, is there any more demand for kitsune or does The Observer have them on lock? They're just about all I'd be interested on contributing with. My skills definitely lie more with art than writing but I wouldn't mind putting in some effort.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
But to try and not just be a complete whiner, is there any more demand for kitsune or does The Observer have them on lock?

We have about 16 characters in total from various authors, from town drunks to wandering ronins to onsen matrons and the requisite blacksmith.

You'd need to wow me with your idea and prove your capability to commit yourself to a project as well as work with others, and I do keep a tight leash on lore and creative control in order to keep the overall narrative coherent.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
It's an experience watching Salwah get everything all set up — first, she opens a small hatch in the hookah's side and draws out a thin metal plate. It might have once been copper or bronze, but now is stained with various shades of red and brown; the comfy cat sets this on the table and gets out a padded case, from which she draws out [party.has cait|three|two] flexible tubes with metal mouthpieces.

<i>"Don't worry about them being clean, the mouthpieces have to be boiled in water before I put them away,"</i> she quips. <i>"Now to tend to the spice plate. Could you fill the water bowl while I get that done? There's a jug by the bedside; fill it up to the mark on the glass."</i>

As you hurry to comply, Salwah gets out a glass shaker of spice from her things and unscrews the cap. The comfy choco cat gives the lid a deep sniff, sighing huskily and longingly at the scent of the heavy reddish-brown powder. A woozy smile still on her face, she thumps the shaker and sends an even dusting of spice powder atop the metal plate.

<i>"Ah, smells good,"</i> the chocokitty says with a chuckle as she slides the spice plate back into the hookah and slams the hatch shut. <i>"The spice must flow, and it sure flows well. Nothing worse in the world than caked spice powder. How's the water looking?"</i>

Kitties do drugs, act 1, scene 1.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Personally I like Kino getting a hubby of her own. On the other hand, I agree, it would also be cool to see her having issues with her own kits, and basicly telling her, 'yep, you where just like that.'.
Champion: "Actually, they aren't that bad. In fact, you were even worse."
Kinu: "...How would you know, you weren't there half the time."
Champion: "Yeah, but I had to hear about it from your mother."

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Super late to the discussion, but I don't see the issue with Kinu having a hubby of her own considering she's been excited about being a den mother since the literal moment we met her. And part of watching our kids grow is to watch them navigate life and relationships, as mentioned.

But I can maybe understand the OP's feelings, even if it still is a bit silly to me to expect otherwise with all the set up.

That said, watch me explode in happiness when I finally Reunite With My Loving Wife And Daughter ;w;

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Pretty sure the vast majority of people don't really have a problem; they just want to make jokes about it.

Theonly

Dec 15, 2019
We have about 16 characters in total from various authors, from town drunks to wandering ronins to onsen matrons and the requisite blacksmith.

You'd need to wow me with your idea and prove your capability to commit yourself to a project as well as work with others, and I do keep a tight leash on lore and creative control in order to keep the overall narrative coherent.

Can't promise anything on the first part considering the supply, but I should be alright on everything else. Only reason I have to back out is simply being intimidated already just by posting here. Is there a resource on submissions or just checking all the submission posts. Or should I just go for ideas and not care about the other ones?

Super late to the discussion, but I don't see the issue with Kinu having a hubby of her own considering she's been excited about being a den mother since the literal moment we met her. And part of watching our kids grow is to watch them navigate life and relationships, as mentioned.

But I can maybe understand the OP's feelings, even if it still is a bit silly to me to expect otherwise with all the set up.

I think it's just the "husband" part that gets me, especially since they're named characters. I probably never would have bat an eye if she took all the foxes for a ride, but I probably shouldn't drag it out any longer. It's something I already need to forget about.

asidsaoi

Jun 13, 2017
Hi, I have a question when it comes to raising Kinu
I am creating pure and corrupt characters to see all possible routes I have a doubt
in wikipedia I don't know if it's well written

Positive score: Young Inari country girl
resentment with his mother

negative score:
Kitsune Hime Is the devourer's personality of men not?
and second in kind of decisions as an example, Kinu's choice to forgive or not to forgive Kiyoko makes her hate her mother independently if she becomes Young Inari or Kitsune Hime

Attachments

• kinu.PNG
    kinu.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 17