Observation post of the Observer.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I don't know about that. Maybe I'm a bit more laid back, but the way he interacted with the pc wasn't really that offensive to me. And while he might have a slight death wish, I don't really consider that a bad thing depending on the scenarios. I personally wouldn't mind dying chasing after glory or honor, but I guess it depends on what you consider a good death. I also respect his discipline. Not many people are capable of sticking to a regiment or a schedule, and the fact that he can is pretty impressive.

Also, poetry is subjective.

I am still holding off on Floof Den until I hit my arbitrary goal of having 50 kits with Kiyoko, but the material I've seen of Nakano is that he's not BAD per se. Just constantly trying to gain recognition from people who don't give a shit about him (his title is sadly an empty one given he only has seven people under his command and is too proud to ask for help).

I feel like Nakano fills the role of Inari Kinu on the Hime route in a way for that reason. He's stubborn to a fault and trapped by his ideals. So I'm hoping end game will be that Hime Kinu will be the Hitoshi to him in helping him out of that mindset. But just my specularion from spoilers I've snooped, heh.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I am still holding off on Floof Den until I hit my arbitrary goal of having 50 kits with Kiyoko, but the material I've seen of Nakano is that he's not BAD per se. Just constantly trying to gain recognition from people who don't give a shit about him (his title is sadly an empty one given he only has seven people under his command and is too proud to ask for help).

I feel like Nakano fills the role of Inari Kinu on the Hime route in a way for that reason. He's stubborn to a fault and trapped by his ideals. So I'm hoping end game will be that Hime Kinu will be the Hitoshi to him in helping him out of that mindset. But just my specularion from spoilers I've snooped, heh.

I'm sorry, I had trouble understanding that last paragraph do you mind clearing it up?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry, I had trouble understanding that last paragraph do you mind clearing it up?

Basically, you know how Inari Kinu's issue is stubbornly sticking to all her own beliefs and refusing to budge on anything? There's been some drops that Hitoshi's the counterbalance to that and will be trying to help her at least smooth things over with her mom.

Nakano's issue is his obsession with proving he's worthy of his title while also refusing to accept any aid to the detriment of his own mental health. And just like Inari, he's pretty damn uptight about the things that matter to him (suicidally so as mentioned numerous times). So I feel like a big deal with Hime is that she not only gives him respite from that constant stress but maybe she could convince him that he doesn't have to force himself into a mold to the exclusion of everything else.

Hence why I sorta paralleled him to Inari and Hime to Hitoshi. Obviously not a straight parallel but you get the idea, I hope. Of course, Hime will have to learn to put her foot down more to accomplish that.

That said, I just read the new doc with adult Kinu and the Nickname event with Hime seems to confirm my suspicions about Nakano. Hime Kinu definitely provides him comfort and makes him feel respected (to say nothing of the fact he's obviously at the shrine mainly as an excuse to go see her). And I'm glad to see that Hime is at least trying to convince him to live for her, if nothing else and is honest that she would be sad if he died. I can see his internal conflict because he definitely loves Kinu.

Yeah, this definitely reminds me a bit of some old Chinese romances (I'm not as familiar with Japanese, but I would imagine they're similar). I think I like Nakano just from that bit of him we see alone. He's a good man; just....under a lot of stress and needs someone who takes him seriously and can maybe try to get him to selfcare a bit more.

I honestly feel bad for him after reading his convo with Hime because he's got a lot of insecurities for sure. :(

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Basically, you know how Inari Kinu's issue is stubbornly sticking to all her own beliefs and refusing to budge on anything? There's been some drops that Hitoshi's the counterbalance to that and will be trying to help her at least smooth things over with her mom.

Nakano's issue is his obsession with proving he's worthy of his title while also refusing to accept any aid to the detriment of his own mental health. And just like Inari, he's pretty damn uptight about the things that matter to him (suicidally so as mentioned numerous times). So I feel like a big deal with Hime is that she not only gives him respite from that constant stress but maybe she could convince him that he doesn't have to force himself into a mold to the exclusion of everything else.

Hence why I sorta paralleled him to Inari and Hime to Hitoshi. Obviously not a straight parallel but you get the idea, I hope. Of course, Hime will have to learn to put her foot down more to accomplish that.

That said, I just read the new doc with adult Kinu and the Nickname event with Hime seems to confirm my suspicions about Nakano. Hime Kinu definitely provides him comfort and makes him feel respected (to say nothing of the fact he's obviously at the shrine mainly as an excuse to go see her). And I'm glad to see that Hime is at least trying to convince him to live for her, if nothing else and is honest that she would be sad if he died. I can see his internal conflict because he definitely loves Kinu.

Yeah, this definitely reminds me a bit of some old Chinese romances (I'm not as familiar with Japanese, but I would imagine they're similar). I think I like Nakano just from that bit of him we see alone. He's a good man; just....under a lot of stress and needs someone who takes him seriously and can maybe try to get him to selfcare a bit more.

I honestly feel bad for him after reading his convo with Hime because he's got a lot of insecurities for sure. :(
Now I get you. Thanks for the clear up.

Reactions: Shura

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Finally did Floof Haus and everything after so far. Hats off to you. Observer. for making a fun dungeon involving some strategy. I’m very eager to see other Floofs get implemented for talks (especially fox wife and fox daughter), so fingers crossed that’s soon!

I am extra hyped to see Nakano-Kinu interactions because I think it’s sweet from available material so far (both implemented and otherwise) how Nakano seems so much more at ease when he’s around Kinu. At the very least he seems to somewhat lower the uptight mask he has on at all times.

EDIT: actually, on the subject of what I’d like to see explored more, I feel like learning more about Nakano on a personal level via a Hime-Kinu event would be perfect. In fact, the Cute Nickname event would springboard well to a follow-up of sorts, especially if it involves Nakano finally spilling his (metaphorical) guts to someone.

Not entirely sure how Hitoshi-side counterpart would go besides maybe something similar to the short story, but I’d love to see that too.

I don’t know how the relationships with each Kinu’s respective fiancees will be developed in-game, but every bit of build-up and characterization for the boys would be very much obliged.

In any case, excellent work making both Kinu routes very good reads and both Kinus likable in different ways in addition to having their own respective flaws.

Last edited:
Reactions: QualityCuntrol

QualityCuntrol

Nov 12, 2019
Finally did Floof Haus and everything after so far. Hats off to you. Observer. for making a fun dungeon involving some strategy. I’m very eager to see other Floofs get implemented for talks (especially fox wife and fox daughter), so fingers crossed that’s soon!

I am extra hyped to see Nakano-Kinu interactions because I think it’s sweet from available material so far (both implemented and otherwise) how Nakano seems so much more at ease when he’s around Kinu. At the very least he seems to somewhat lower the uptight mask he has on at all times.

EDIT: actually, on the subject of what I’d like to see explored more, I feel like learning more about Nakano on a personal level via a Hime-Kinu event would be perfect. In fact, the Cute Nickname event would springboard well to a follow-up of sorts, especially if it involves Nakano finally spilling his (metaphorical) guts to someone.

Not entirely sure how Hitoshi-side counterpart would go besides maybe something similar to the short story, but I’d love to see that too.

I don’t know how the relationships with each Kinu’s respective fiancees will be developed in-game, but every bit of build-up and characterization for the boys would be very much obliged.

In any case, excellent work making both Kinu routes very good reads and both Kinus likable in different ways in addition to having their own respective flaws.

^^^^ Agreed! I finally forced myself to work through the Kiyoko quest by growing temporary dicks which was very annoying but worth it, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I'm really liking Hime more than I thought I would, just from reading through all this. She definitely feels real, and the way she interacts with Nakano reads like an elegant dance. A part of me feels badly that I went with Inari, just because I've ended up leaving Nakano alone and slowly killing himself. On the one hand, of course, I'm not about to have my character groom his daughter a certain way for the sake of matchmaking/a man's mental health (though I'm definitely going to have a save where I set Kinu on the Hime path because she's a sweetheart), but on the other hand, I'm not sure it's my character's place as Schrödinger's Dad-in-Law to be Nakano's therapist, either.

Basically, I'm very excited to see the Floof Haus expand, and want to be able to interact more with both Nakano and Hitoshi outside of their roles as their respective Kinus' suitors; maybe help them work stuff out. Platonically. I refuse to I AM A BIG STINKY BRAIN my daughter.

Also, are we supposed to be able to see these little vignettes yet?
I ask because at one point, my party entered Komari's room and I (now acting as Inari) had to mediate an argument between Miko(?) and Komari over a gift that was...in poor taste. It's not in the document you provided, and it doesn't seem as though any of the other scenes have been implemented yet. I haven't saved enough information about it to report it as a potential bug, but I've been able to reproduce it (though only once).

Reactions: valk42

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Hilariously, that scene triggered for me right after I saw these last two posts. I’ve already read the preview months in advance, but it felt awesome actually seeing it in-game together with the character art. I wonder what the other ones implemented are though? I doubt this one where a big choice is made will be one of them.

Unrelated, will we be getting adult Kinu interactions soon? I know more is still being worked on, but I’m curious on the time table we can actually see her on squares she occupies.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Unrelated to Unrelated.

When perma-floof TF is available, will floof clothing/arms/armor be available as well?

Reactions: Aury

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
She has her appeal, but the artfully mussed working girl and bronze fertility goddess do as well. Plus there's a couple of kitties asking me to pay alms to Mallach... both in coin and future priestesses...

Reactions: Jase

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
Just stopped by to tell you Happy Chinese New Year! I hope you're having a lot of fun today. I’m looking forward for more amazing content you’ll put out this year. :toot:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Kiyoko_FlowerView.png

Whether it be sakura on the wind or delicious sake, none are a match for Otomo-Sama

February report here.

Another busy month. We started off with roughly 45k words of the Ruins of Xadaron, but were pulled off the job to apply ourselves to a pretty big project, with another 60k words in the basket. While the rest of the team is busy working on the Winter City, I'm just doing as I've always done -- writing whatever catches my fancy at the moment. Someone has to supply content while everyone else is chipping away at major projects, after all. These 60k words are something that many of you would consider major, and hopefully we can release the result next patch.

I don't think I'll be returning to Xadaron for a while, not at least until Salwah's initial content has been implemented. There's frankly no rush. We helped some other authors lay groundwork for their own fluffs with a short mini-quest at another 16k words, so now the ball's in their court as to how quickly they fill their end of the deal.

Amongst several cultural events, I wrote a hanami festival. Originally, I'd wanted to have an explorable map for the festival and for each unique NPC to be able to have their own interactions for the like for the event, but that would really just mean I wouldn't be able to get it in for the mid-March to April window this year again. As things stand, across all variants it's still 30 pages' worth of content, and frankly well-worth it. The upcoming content will hopefully also include our first actual CGs in the game for several of the kitsune cultural events, such as the one above.

I've moved onto yet another thing that has been more than two years in the making. Cracking open the original Raphael's code and reading his dialogue straight from the source is truly a walk down memory lane -- how, when you take so much of his dialogue and demeanour out of the context of a harlequin bodice ripper and put them into the words actions of a less than supremely attractive man -- and end up with a complete creep. Hell, even in context, he's still a complete creep. Now granted I'm not the target audience of such a character, but as things stand I could lift so much of his dialogue wholesale and have it come across as completely different than Merauder originally intended. Deconstructing this character archetype will be an enjoyable pastime, I'm sure. It will also be enjoyable to have the mechanical implications of you raising Kinu to finally come into play, more than a year down the road when the ability to make these decisions was implemented in-game.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Double post time.

Moira was kind enough to show me some preliminary sketches for the August Master At The Center Of Heaven himself, so that's what you'll be getting today.

unknown.png

In other news, 5000 words in one day, I'm fairly pleased with how this is coming along. This is where your decisions in raising Kinu truly come into play and you have to deal with, or get to savour, the results of your actions.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
Double post time.

Moira was kind enough to show me some preliminary sketches for the August Master At The Center Of Heaven himself, so that's what you'll be getting today.

unknown.png

Can we fuck him too?