Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Discussion in 'Other Adult Games' started by nergantre, Aug 28, 2015.

1. DarkSinfulMage

DarkSinfulMage Well-Known Member

Place it into the directory with the most current RC 2.6 build. Then run it.

2. DarkSinfulMage

I can see there's some activity besides myself - that's a relief. I can see one person is working on gui stuff.

I'm gonna hold on any changes to GUI and further changes to Combat until those folks are finished testing and OK to have those changes pulled. They can also pull my latest changes if they wish to help me out or take on some tasks.

I'll be reaiming focus on Maya and the new trait system.

3. tjmac124

tjmac124 Well-Known Member

Found a bug i ran in Mara and Jewel fight and helped Mara after that was over they were fighting. Everytime I helped one them they were still fighting.

4. Vintrion

Vintrion Active Member

Skimmed over discussions; but a mechanic that has been rarely used if at all for hold skills is the wait/break dynamic of risking RNG for instant reward or punishment opposed to just waiting out the status effects. Most often this ends up becoming "lose buttons" as even 99% is never a safe bet but if you wanted more illusions of choice for players then you still have options.

Another example if need be is breaking locks, but it was almost never a good idea compared to looking for a key. Unrelated; but I finally got lucky and ubanis finally made a good futa on shota doggy-style picture I can use.

#2314 Vintrion, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  5. DarkSinfulMage

@tjmac124 known issue.

@Vintrion I'm not sure what you mean - can you explain it more clearly?

I think you mean playing the map with status effects - they currently do not sync with battle rounds, which was a complaint I mentioned a page or so ago. My game plays the map better, and I'd try to throw some of that this way, but there's too much work to do with sorting the program out first to play with the game's core elements.

Ryplinn's work is coming along well - I want to merge their changes into mine once they're finished and tested.

LogosK's recent commits might overlap a few things but serve as more immediate patching. Feel free to post or PM me what you'd like to get done so everyone avoids conflicts.

I'm currently staying out of the way of changes to Combat, Global, and GUI. My next targets are Maya, MayaTime, and implementing CharTraits. My next commit will probably be when that process is underway for all 230+ traits

I'm a bit of a newb working intimately with git and github - so I'm inexperienced at personally sorting out more than one person's work coming my way. Eventually, this stuff should get sent up the way towards nergantre, but I only say that lacking knowledge of a new launch point for nge, if possible.

#2315 DarkSinfulMage, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  6. Vintrion

Vintrion Active Member

Just that there are other ways of letting players feel like they have some semblance to control during trances. Ultimately pointless to implement, but I was feeling lazy and not wanting to quote.

Also I feel like I already posted it before and forgot.

#2316 Vintrion, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  7. Hornefix

Hornefix New Member

hi, this is my first post ever on this forum, but I really need help (I've been checking on previous posts but can't find anything): when trying to launch the game all I get is a black box that briefly after disappears, am I failing on some basic notion? what's my problem? (please help :( )

8. DarkSinfulMage

@Hornefix Sounds like you don't have java JRE installed, but I might be wrong.

Noticed a bug now that Maya's scenes are implemented: They sometimes trigger twice or out of order on account of her being so high a level on start.

9. Hornefix

Hornefix New Member

@DarkSinfulMage I do have Java, also double checked by reinstalling it from the Oracle site, still the same problem

10. Amygdala

Amygdala New Member

I had the same problem when I downloaded the game.
    First, make sure you're running the right java that's compatible with your system and program. Find the Java file that you got from the Oracle site(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html) After that open the bin file and you should see the runnable Java version 8.

Remember where it is and go back to the actual game file. Right-click the game and click properties. On the window that opens it should allow you to change what program opens the file. If the right Java version isn't shown, then the option to find the Java yourself on your computer should be given. After clicking that, find the java file you downloaded and click on the runnable Java in the bin.

You might have to guess and check which Java is the right one for you and the game(I did) but hopefully, that should help.

11. Hornefix

Hornefix New Member

@Amygdala Already did that for every executable in both the x86 and x64 versions, but the only thing I get is that black window for a couple frames (Also, I have other stuff that runs with Java, and that works still fine)

the only executable that doesn't just close or opens a C text block is javaws, that says:
    Unable to launch the application Error:Could not parse launch file. Error at line 1 (and here I could copy and paste the log)

#2321 Hornefix, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  12. DarkSinfulMage

Minor Bug: Using a command on the console in debug and then hitting Enter WHILE on the pre-night screen (SAVE or Start/doit/notinterested) results in a match you cannot quit - it also does bad things to the match's data.

13. DarkSinfulMage

EDIT2:

Disregard pretty much this whole afternoon. I messed up bigtime and I have a lot to fix before I'm back up and running. At the moment my forked is completely fucked and it's my fault.

#2323 DarkSinfulMage, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 3:03 AM
  14. Pazz

Pazz Active Member

Is there a way to skip to a certain day? I want to look at Maya, but she only appears at a certain day. Quitting matches instantly still takes too long.

15. DarkSinfulMage

Merging Branches with conflicts for dummies:

Resolving conflicts seems easy. I just have to delete my conflict in favor of the branch I'm merging. Most of them look like so:

Code:
    <<<<<<< HEAD
                String workshop = Global.checkFlag(Flag.FTC) ? "Cabin" : "Workshop";
                Move path = character.findPath(Global.getMatch().gps(workshop).orElse(character.location));
    =======
                String workshop = Flag.checkFlag(Flag.FTC) ? "Cabin" : "Workshop";
                Move path = character.findPath(Match.getMatch().gps(workshop));
    >>>>>>> pr/4

So I delete my half and save over yours.

#2325 DarkSinfulMage, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:17 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 3:00 AM
  16. DarkSinfulMage

EDIT:

Today I broke a lot of things because I'm blind and got excited to get something major done. Now I have a lot of things to fix and it's mostly my fault. I ruined my fork and I can't figure out how to go backwards. I have a backup before I started anything today but that doesn't seem to work when overwriting the project. I'll keep trying.

EDIT2:

Finally. Back to normal. I lost some work, but it wasn't much at all.

On the bright side, I learned a few useful things and wrote them down. I'm a little better equipped to handle incoming work and various crises and disasters. I guess no pain no gain. I also learned the extent of incoming changes, so that gives me an idea of places to avoid doing redundant work that will conflict. Conflicts make the merging process messy and difficult.

#2326 DarkSinfulMage, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:37 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 4:58 AM
  17. Sacredferro

Sacredferro Well-Known Member

Only way that I know of is to get to a save point before a match and edit the save in notepad++ to adjust the day. Then again, I don't know if the day is tracked in the save, though I'd be surprised if not. Then just load the game and when you want to move on to a new day, readjust the day again.

18. Ryplinn

Ryplinn Member

The date is indeed tracked in the save.