Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
so whenever I try to start the game, even with java installed all I get is a error log report saying could not find a bunch of things. Am I doing something wrong?

ThirdEyeKage

May 24, 2018
I see a lot of skills that don't seem to be used in the java files. Is there a way to add these to a character through the debug menu in game?

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
I see a lot of skills that don't seem to be used in the java files. Is there a way to add these to a character through the debug menu in game?
Which skills are you referring to? It isn't possible through the debug menu, but there might be another way.

ThirdEyeKage

May 24, 2018
Which skills are you referring to? It isn't possible through the debug menu, but there might be another way.

Skills like Offer Ass don't seem to be used by anyone, at least from what I've seen.

Also, do you know how to add traits to the extra characters, like Samantha? I know the code is X.addTrait traitname but I don't know what her code would be. I've tried NPCSamantha, Samantha, and NPC_Samantha with no luck.

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
Offer skills are available with the Submissive attribute, trainable from the XXX shop under certain circumstances.

Not sure offhand about the extra characters, but CUSTOM_NPCSamantha might work. You can also modify her growth data in her character file (characters/samantha.json) if you want it to show up when she reaches a certain level.

ThirdEyeKage

May 24, 2018
That worked, perfect!

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I have one more. I tried to add the Zeal addiction to other characters, but it never seems to work. Other addictions like Breeder work fine, but I can't get that one to activate on anyone but Angel.

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
Questions are good! Always nice to know someone's interested.

It looks like a zealinspiring character needs to have a divine body part to start the addiction process; the trait alone will only reinforce the addiction. Not sure if that's intended.

ThirdEyeKage

May 24, 2018
I'm currently going through the Java files to see the code I can add to a custom character's json file to add a divine body part, but do you know if I can add it to an already created character? (Cassie, Jewel, etc.)

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
You can add body part mods to a custom character's base JSON, but the data loader doesn't support adding it to their growth path. That's definitely an oversight.

The only way I can think of to modify base characters' body parts would be with a StartConfiguration, and they will still replace it with their preferred part type once they reach the appropriate level.

I'll add an issue to my tracker. EDIT: done

Last edited:

Iloei

Feb 11, 2016
A couple years ago, I submitted some minor changes for this game. They eventually got included, but I had wondered off.

I might have some time to put into this again (and maybe do a better job with my contributions), but... I forgot how to build the thing (for testing changes), and I don't see any readme explaining how to build it.

So... quick question... are there some obvious instructions somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Iloei

Feb 11, 2016
Yes, I don't know how to build the executable.

(Yes, this used to seem obvious to me. But... I forgot...)

Ryplinn

Jun 13, 2016
It's been a long time since I had to do this from scratch, and I don't know your setup, so please ask more questions if you get stuck. I'm probably missing some steps.

1. Open the project in your IDE of choice. I use IntelliJ Community Edition, but Eclipse and others are fine as well. I haven't used Eclipse in over a decade, so I can't help with workflow there.
2. Find the main() function in the global/ package. In my stable branch, it's in global/Main.java. In other branches, it may be in global/Global.java.
3. Hit the play button next to the class header or main function. This should build and run things correctly. In IntelliJ it will also create a temporary build configuration for you, which you can save and edit for more permanent use.

If you want to build without running, one of the top menus should be called "Build", with a "Build Project" option. If you want to do without an IDE and run raw javac from the command line, I wish you luck.

Hope this helps/works at all!

redfordwhite

Jun 22, 2020
Hello there, how do you run this game? I've downloaded the nightgamesmod-stable.zip and unpacked it, but I don't know which .jar to open. I can play the one from Silver Bard's site just fine, though.

Diaraz

Jun 14, 2021
I could be mistaken, but I'm wanting to say that the jar file requires a specific version of java to run. Think having too new or too old a version will prevent the game from starting or working properly. But I can't be 100% on this, so don't quote me.