Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Turns out the caches are not really designed to support levels over thirteen. Shall be fixed.
To add any item, the easiest way is by using the debug menu, accessible from the credits. In the text box at the bottom, type "Player.addItem" (case-sensitive), followed by the name of the item. This has to be the internal name, which is not always the same as the name you typically see. There is a somewhat-readable list here: https://github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod/blob/master/NightgamesMod/nightgames/items/Item.java. The normal names are between quotation marks, the internal names are whatever is in front of the brackets. Once you've entered that, just click the button. If you want multiple, you can also add a number after the item name (with a space in between).

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
Few bugs:

picktarget has infinite loop with two airi pets
havingSexNoStrapped doesn't account for threesomes, leading to some skills being blocked off for pets
A hidden trait is shown for angel
Angel: Level 58; Cunning 58, Seduction 121, Speed 5, Perception 5, Power 51, Nymphomania 40, Divinity 53,
Max Stamina 214, Max Arousal 744, Max Mojo 100, Max Willpower 109.
Her body has an attractive feminine face, a normal mouth, normal ears, round breasts, a girlish ass, a divine cunt, angelic wings, normal hands, normal feet, and normal skin.
Even though much of it is hidden away, her clothed form is absolute perfection, as if perfectly sculpted by a divine hand. (3,4)
Traits:
: temporary resistance to mind games - hidden

Something keeps spamming "possessive arousal" in my log

Frottage is missing descriptions for pet vs pet
Samantha uses Frottage against Airi
Airi lost 10 mojo.
Airi's cunt was pleasured by Samantha for 17 base:13,0 (13,0) x multiplier: 1,29 (1 + sen:-1,0 + ple:0,0 + per:1,3 + stage:0,00 )
Samantha built 13 mojo.

Worship skills seem out of place in pet battles (A uses ... Worship vs B, ends up hitting C)

Airi uses Breast Worship against Samantha
Airi worshipfully licks and sucks Angel's nipples while uncontrollably playing with herself.
Angel shudders when licked by her.
Angel's D Cup boobs was pleasured by Airi's mouth for 8 base:16,0 (12,0 + 4,0) x multiplier: 0,53 (1 + sen:-2,2 + ple:1,2 + per:0,5 + stage:0,00 )

Sweetlips flavor text triggers on suckle, but I have no idea how to fix it so it makes sense.

Code:
if (self.has(Trait.sweetlips) && c.getStance().sub(self)) {
            c.write(opponent, Global.format("<br/>{self:name-possessive} enticing lips turns {other:direct-object} on as {other:subject-action:force|forces} {other:reflective} into them.",
                            self, opponent));
            opponent.temptNoSkill(c, self, this, (int) self.modifyDamage(DamageType.temptation, opponent, damage));
        }
Casey uses Suckle.
Casey licks and sucks your nipples, sending a surge of excitement straight to your groin.

Casey's enticing lips turns you on as you force yourself into them.
You were tempted by Casey's mouth for 79 (base:26, charisma:3,0)
Your F Cup tits was pleasured by Casey's mouth for 183 base:45,1 (12,0 + 33,1) x multiplier: 4,07 (1 + sen:0,7 + ple:1,4 + per:1,0 + stage:0,00 )
You built 5 mojo.

Beguiling breasts act weirdly.

The instant Casey lays his eyes on your bare breasts, his consciousness flies out of his mind. You giggle a bit and cups her stupendous tits and gives them a little squeeze to which Casey can only moan.
Samantha is now entranced.
You are now entranced.

Succubus pussy works on strap-ons:
Samantha uses Fuck.
Samantha rubs her strap-on against your wet snatch. She slowly but steadily pushes in, forcing her length into your hot, wet pussy.
Your succubus vagina was pleasured by Samantha's strap-on for 51 base:32,0 (32,0) x multiplier: 1,60 (1 + sen:-0,8 + ple:0,0 + per:1,6 + stage:-0,17 )
Samantha built 2 mojo.

Your body glows purple as Samantha feels her very spirit drained into your succubus pussy through your connection.

Daisy chain H H H where the front character pet disappears leads to this:
With the disappearance of your clone, Airi continues to ride your clone in a reverse cowgirl position.

Airi leads to crashes when quitting a match - all of these are separate instances of me loading a save with Airi hard mode on all choices (gotta test all the features). All I do is load up a save and hit quit match.

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Tried to use a badly cloned combat
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.getCopyFromCombat(Decider.java:409)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.rateActionWithObserver(Decider.java:428)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.ratePetMove(Decider.java:379)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.prioritizePetWithWeights(Decider.java:275)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.prioritizePet(Decider.java:246)
    at nightgames.pet.PetCharacter.act(PetCharacter.java:206)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.lambda$19(Combat.java:1096)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat$$Lambda$696/1438542242.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.doPetActions(Combat.java:1090)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:865)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.autoresolve(Combat.java:1459)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.go(Combat.java:295)
    at nightgames.match.defaults.DefaultEncounter.battle(DefaultEncounter.java:440)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.move(NPC.java:485)
    at nightgames.match.Match.round(Match.java:221)
    at nightgames.match.Match.resume(Match.java:443)
    at nightgames.match.Match.quit(Match.java:470)

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at nightgames.skills.petskills.SlimeCloneParasite.resolve(SlimeCloneParasite.java:45)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.lambda$3(Decider.java:381)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider$$Lambda$742/1091763972.execute(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.rateActionWithObserver(Decider.java:433)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.ratePetMove(Decider.java:379)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.prioritizePetWithWeights(Decider.java:275)
    at nightgames.characters.Decider.prioritizePet(Decider.java:246)
    at nightgames.pet.PetCharacter.act(PetCharacter.java:206)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.lambda$19(Combat.java:1092)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat$$Lambda$728/1545025900.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.doPetActions(Combat.java:1090)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:865)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.autoresolve(Combat.java:1459)

Code:
    at nightgames.status.PartFucked.onRemove(PartFucked.java:83)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.lambda$12(Character.java:1435)
    at nightgames.characters.Character$$Lambda$524/786632888.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.dropStatus(Character.java:1431)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.endofbattle(Character.java:2983)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.end(Combat.java:1541)
    at nightgames.combat.Combat.autoresolve(Combat.java:1471)
If you hit quit match again after this:

While not connected directly to her, Airi's slime seems to be eroding Angel's stamina while energizing her

and this stack trace
Code:
    at nightgames.status.Braced.drained(Braced.java:88)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.drainStaminaAsMojo(Character.java:3603)
    at nightgames.status.Slimed.tick(Slimed.java:98)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.lambda$9(Character.java:1120)
    at nightgames.characters.Character$$Lambda$521/1310660540.accept(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.tick(Character.java:1120)
    at nightgames.characters.Character.upkeep(Character.java:2407)
    at nightgames.characters.NPC.upkeep(NPC.java:935)
    at nightgames.match.Match.round(Match.java:219)

A whole lot of typo's (I'll make a pull request for those as I find them), particularily with the newly added skills.

I don't change controversial ones, though, I'll list those here:

Focussed vs focused - Focussed gets me 21 million google hits and a red squiggle in my browser, Focused gets me 512 million google hits and no red squiggle. But googling for focussed vs focused gives some articles which don't give a clear answer on which is right. Related: You use Focus. You take a moment to clear your thoughts, focusing your mind and calming your body.

Samantha quote has a missing tag somewhere, I think.
You use Sleight of Hand.
You feint to the left while your right hand makes quick work of Samantha's clothes. By the time she realizes what's happening, you've already stripped all her clothes off.
"Samantha strikes a stunning pose as the last of her body is uncovered. "All this could be yours, you know. You just need to cum a few times for me first."
You spent 25 mojo.

Samantha's compromising position takes a toll on her willpower.
Samantha lost 4 willpower (Dominance).
Samantha feels a heat in her groin as your enticing tits press against her back.
Samantha was tempted by your F Cup tits for 99 (base:36, charisma:2,7)
Samantha was healed for 1
You were healed for 1

Airi has a ton of bugs, so I don't know if this is an Airi bug or just a typo.
You notice AiriAiri steps in front of Casey and stops him. She then strips off her shirt and hands it to him. Casey looks it over briefly, but really has no complaints and puts it on.

You can see my branch here https://github.com/Pimvgd/nightgamesmod/tree/typofixes but I'm not done yet. Feel free to do a merge if I somehow drop off the world though, I keep the branch cleaner than I found it.

Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
Succubus pussy works on strap-ons:
Samantha uses Fuck.
Samantha rubs her strap-on against your wet snatch. She slowly but steadily pushes in, forcing her length into your hot, wet pussy.
Your succubus vagina was pleasured by Samantha's strap-on for 51 base:32,0 (32,0) x multiplier: 1,60 (1 + sen:-0,8 + ple:0,0 + per:1,6 + stage:-0,17 )
Samantha built 2 mojo.

Your body glows purple as Samantha feels her very spirit drained into your succubus pussy through your connection.
Just want to note that that appears to be the Energy Drain trait acting up rather than the Succubus Pussy going off of the flavor text.

-Using Drain Energy from the Oral Pin position while the opponent has neither a penis nor a vagina will cause the game to give no message and all buttons to vanish. It doesn't crash, since you can still Quit Match if you want. Probably a technical term for this I should know...
-During a Team Match, if both of a Captain's followers are defeated before the captain, the game will crash. Also possibly the entire reason why Force Dismiss crashes the game in Team Matches.
- During a Team Match, followers are auto-scaled to the level of the Captain of the team rather than whatever level they actually happen to be. Not sure if intended.
-This is a thing that can happen. Chose to fight Angel at some point and:
Your fight with Angel seemed to have ran into a stalemate. Neither of you is willing to get close enough to each other for anything substantial to happen. You just continue to trade taunts whilst waiting for an opportunity.
Suddenly, you feel something grasp your ankles and pull you off balance. You brace yourself for the fall, but after a second, you only feel softness on your back. It’s Airi. She somehow snuck up on you and tripped you into falling on top of her. She quickly engulfs your hands and legs in her slime and presents your helpless body to Angel’s ministrations.
Angel looks over your helpless body like a predator ready to feast. She kneels between your legs and teasingly licks your erection. She circles her tongue around the head, coating your penis thoroughly with saliva. When she's satisfied that it is sufficiently lubricated and twitching with need, she squeezes her ample breasts around your shaft. Even before she moves, the soft warmth surrounding you is almost enough to make you cum. When she does start moving, it's like heaven. It takes all of your willpower to hold back your climax against the sensation of her wonderful bust rubbing against your slick dick. When her tongue attacks your glans, poking out of her cleavage, it pushes you past the limit. You erupt like a fountain into her face, while she tries to catch as much of your seed in her mouth as she can.
Angel trembles and moans as you guide her closer and closer to orgasm. You pump two fingers in and out of her pussy and lick her sensitive nether lips. Her swollen clit peeks out from under its hood and you pinch it gently between your teeth. Angel instantly screams in pleasure and arches her back. A flood of feminine juice sprays you as she loses control of her body.
It takes her a little while to catch her breath. She quickly pushes you on your back and begins licking you, never once meeting your eyes. What you can see of her face and ears is completely red. If you didn't know better, you'd say that she's embarrassed about the one-sided orgasm you gave her earlier. You don't have much attention to devote to it though, Angel is a very good pussy-licker. Her tongue finds all your most sensitive areas and soon you are shuddering with pleasure.
Angel clamps down on your clit and gently keeps you going until you moan "enough". "Did you enjoy that?" She asks, looking a lot more composed. "You weren't bad either."
You notice Airi enter the storage room.
I don't appear to have lost though, since I still had my clothes afterward. Didn't get Angel's clothes either though.

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
More bugs:

Wearing a blindfold doesn't block TemptressStripTease, describing the effects in detail and tempting you.

Removing a blindfold with priority doesn't show your opponent's move.
You use Remove Blindfold.
You take off your blindfold and blink a few times to clear your eyes.

Samantha squeezes your dick between her round breasts. She rubs them up and down your shaft and teasingly licks your tip.
Your big girl-shaft was pleasured by Samantha's round breasts for 51 base:15,0 (10,0 + 5,0) x multiplier: 3,37 (1 + sen:-0,5 + ple:0,6 + per:2,2 + stage:0,00 )
Samantha built 4 mojo.

Mara's Defabricator will target harpoon toys.

Mara's Heal Cannon has several oddities.
Mara's Heal Cannon uses Heal Ray
Mara was healed for 20Heal Ray
Mara built 22 mojoHeal Ray.
The a blocky tip at the end of Mara's Heal Cannon starts glowing with a lime green light, and she perks up. She seems less tired and much more confident than before.

@dndw I've added a pull request here https://github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod/pull/18 with a bunch of typo fixes.

Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
- Fiery Pussy deals damage through Strap-ons.
- Strap-ons have their damage increased when you use Focus:Foreplay, reduced when you use Focus:Sex, and the reverse when the Focus skills are used by the opponent...however, using them to use Fuck is considered "a good hard fucking" for the purposes of the enemies-are-sorta-succubi challenge.
- So, worth noting that in addition to the previous report that Tentacle Rape is considered Foreplay, Tentacle Rape also does not count as "a good hard fucking," since that is apparently a separate check from whether or not something is considered Foreplay. Wasn't aware of that at the time, sorry.
- The pleasure damage an enemy would receive from failing to escape from an inserted sexual position is not considered "a good hard fucking" for the purposes of the previously mentioned challenge. Not sure if intended or not.
Samantha is on her hands and knees in front of you, while you fuck her Doggy style.
Samantha uses Escape.
Samantha tries to tip you off balance, but you grip your hips firmly, pushing your cock deep inside her and pinning her to the floor. The sensations from wrestling with your cock buried inside her almost make her cum.
Your expert handling of Samantha's pussy causes Samantha to shudder uncontrollably.
Samantha's vagina was pleasured by your strap-on for 0 base:11.0 (6.0 + 5.0) x multiplier: 0.00 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:-4.0 + per:1.3 )
Foreplay doesn't seem to do it for Samantha anymore. She clearly needs to fuck!
You were weakened by 7
- Stun Blast ignores Wary. Could be intended but is contrary to other similar skills so making sure.
- Since the github was brought up, I looked at Living Clothing: Other, since it seemed oddly worded for an ability that only equips panties. Github says that it's supposed to be equipping something called a tentacletop along with a tentaclebottom on use of Living Clothing, but I have never seen the skill equip anything other than 1 item: Tentacle Underwear that goes over the bottoms. Given the description of the ability and the code, I would assume it's trying to add a Tentacle Bra as well, but just isn't doing it. I do not have to skill to follow the code and see why this happens though. Might even just be intended in some weird way

Apr 5, 2017
What do I got to do to get this to be able to play this? I can't find the thing to click on to start the program. Do I need to install some other program to be able play this?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Chiba Mitsurugi said:
What do I got to do to get this to be able to play this? I can't find the thing to click on to start the program. Do I need to install some other program to be able play this?
You need Java. Get it from Java.com and install it. You should then be able to double-click the JAR file to run the game.

Thanks for the many bug reports. I'll be digging in to them in an hour, so hopefully I can get a bunch of them fixed.

Edit:
YWZCPcO.png
I think something may be broken here...

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2017
You need Java. Get it from Java.com and install it. You should then be able to double-click the JAR file to run the game.

Thanks for the many bug reports. I'll be digging in to them in an hour, so hopefully I can get a bunch of them fixed.

Edit:
YWZCPcO.png
I think something may be broken here...
ok, thanks

Observer1311

Apr 14, 2017
Hey,
long time lurker, first time poster,
First of all great original game and great mod i regularly replay it :>

Don't know if this has been reported / said but there is currently a bug in the trigger of the drain attribute effect with incubus cock.
The test was reversed from working on all except cybernetic (Mara) to working only on Mara. (CockMod.java l. 251)
I fixed it for myself after downloading the project from github, but i thought i'd let u know.

On that subject, i'm considering messing around to build some stuff for the game, but i'm a bit of a git noob and my java is really rusty.
How do you build the jar from the master ? :x

Edit : nvm for the jar, worked it out.

Last edited:

Porcelain

Dec 10, 2015
Greetings all. I'm sure this question was asked earlier, but if it was I can't seem to find it. Anyways, the NG Creator doesn't appear to be working. Is there an updated version I am unaware of (the one I have is 0.1) or is there some other issue going on? I have the latest version of the mod, in case that helps shed some light on what the problem is.

Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
+2 cents: For what it's worth, NG Creator doesn't seem to work for me either. Moving the jar and CreatorGui to a new folder with the up-to-date game causes the normal game's main window to open, close, and then nothing to happen. There will still be a java process running however.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Similarly to the Tentacle Trap, if you always dodge a square's Enthralling Trap, you can never collect a cache that's also on the square as only the text stating that you dodge the trap will trigger on your entrance. Possibly just the case for all traps.
- The user of Reverse Fly takes willpower damage from dominance rather than the opponent.
- If you are in Neutral position , Bound by Binding, and try to use Escape while Airi is doing her Counter-Engulf thing, you will trigger the Engulf by trying to escape from Binding even though that shouldn't make contact.
- You can Reversal out of Engulf. (How?)
- Primal Cock seemed weirdly weak for having the Best Cock Mod Name. Looking at the Cock Mod sectiong, it seems like the Primal mod is supposed to do something...every turn? Each time you orgasm? Not sure, but I have never seen "Raw sexual energy flows from %s %s into %s %s, enflaming %s lust." show up before, so I assume it's not working.
- This happened once and all buttons vanished, could still Quit Match, and couldn't otherwise advance. Airi was mimicking a dryad at the time and I was Frenzied.

You are behind Airi and your cock in buried in her ass.
You use Wild Thrust.
You wildly pound Airi in the ass with no regard to technique. She whimpers in pleasure and can barely summon the strength to hold herself off the floor.
Airi's slippery oiled form makes her all the more sensitive.
Airi's flared ass was pleasured by your big phallus for 39 base:18.0 (18.0) x multiplier: 2.17 (1 + sen:0.3 + ple:0.2 + per:0.4 + stage:0.30 )

Airi shudders as you bring her to a toe-curling climax.
58 arousal overflow
Airi lost 25+9 (34) willpower.
"Ahhnn... forgot how good... feels... Will return favor...".

Your big phallus was pleasured by Airi's flared ass for 44 base:18.0 (18.0) x multiplier: 2.47 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:0.2 + per:1.0 + stage:0.30 )
You tense up as your hips wildly buck against Airi. In no time, your hot seed spills into her pulsing hole.
92 arousal overflow
You lost 25+14 (19) willpower (Feral).

"...Feels good..? I'll suck more out... I'll milk you dry..."
Your mind clears up after your release.
You built 11 mojo.
More pieces of Airi's slime are getting stuck to your body.
[Placeholder] You make each other cum at the same time. Sorry.
Airi's pointed ears turned back into normal ears.
Airi's back slime pseudopod disappeared.
Airi's normal gooey skin turned back into normal skin.
Airi's flared ass turned back into an ass.
Airi's D Cup boobs turned back into smallish breasts.
Airi's gooey cunt turned back into a normal cunt.
Airi's pussy lost its floral appearance.
Airi has leveled up!

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
The creator is indeed broken. Unfortunately I will have no time to get anything done at least until the weekend, so don't expect a fix this week.

Porcelain

Dec 10, 2015
Understood, I was mainly worried that it was an issue on my end (which would have driven me crazy) and I appreciate the response. Take your time, I love the work you've been doing.

BigBoiMcgee

Apr 18, 2017
G'day, not quite sure if I'm just being a massive spaz or if this is a common problem. I recently got a new computer and haven't been able to get Nightgames to work, but it would work on my previous computer. If it's just me being an actual idiot, please tell me how to fix the problem. Cheers. XXX (No homo) (Maybe a little).

Provision.JPG

Observer1311

Apr 14, 2017
^ It's probably windows / java related rather than nightgames mod.
You might want to google the error code and name of error + "java" or "JRE" and go through the several troubleshoot scenari.

To Dndw, Nergantre, others :
Is it possible to participate to the project directly thru git or is there another process ? I'm playing around with the code but some little things i'm fixing for me could be good to have in the main project (if it is still alive?).

On that note i also have some questions about the expected requirements / results of Tail Fuck, it seems quite buggy :
- What are the skill requirements / requirements for different effects ?
- the var used to select the result flag (intercourse) in deal/receive is also used to test for shame / pleasure damage but does not seem coherent + there is a missing "else if" in the setting of the Result flag,
- Is it normal to add a status for one turn only. was it supposed to tick several time (like for embrace) ?

I added most of the character exclusive Traits to my playthrough with the xml, and most seem to work just fine for the PC as is.
Is there a particular reason to include some traits but not others ?
I guess it's for balance reason but i often find myself collecting most of the skill / traits until being imba anyway so a few more do not seem it would change much, but they offer more variety !
(If balance is the main issue i'll have a few balance questions/comments then :D )

Anyway, once again thanks for the game, it's fun to play and the code is easy enough to understand and expand !

Apr 5, 2017
Is it normal if you chose to play as a female character for you to be still getting referred to as a man and you genitals to be getting described as those of a male's or is that a glitch?Nightgames Screenshot001.png Nightgames Screenshot006.png

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Is it normal if you chose to play as a female character for you to be still getting referred to as a man and you genitals to be getting described as those of a male's or is that a glitch?View attachment 4114 View attachment 4115

The original game the mod is built around assumes you are male and male only, while everyone else is just female. Some of the game has been made to account for you and others being potentially other than, but much of the game still does that.

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
I can't really speak much on how Tail Fuck/Peg is supposed to work(always assumed it was working) but here's what I've seen:
If the target has both a penis and a vagina and you penetrate -yourself- on the penis, you can use Tail Fuck/Peg to land a Tail Fucked status on them that lasts till they Struggle/Escape from it and does pleasure damage each turn till they do. The same will also happen if you use Tail Fuck while in the Oral Pin position while the opponent has both a penis and a vagina, but this may be a bug(doesn't work if they have only a vagina. Not sure on only penis, Airi doesn't seem to want to remove her pussy when I feel like trying to test >_>).
If the target has both a penis and a vagina and you penetrate -them- or use Pussy Grind, Tail Fuck/Peg just does damage and sometimes shames...however, you can use Tail Suck to land a Tail Sucked status on them that lasts till they Struggle/Escape from it and drains stamina and attributes each turn till they do. (Is it ok that this can drain Speed and Perception? I don't think you can drain those normally)
Basically, in all cases where the opponent has only a vagina, Tail Peg/Fuck seems to just deal damage and Shame regardless of what position you use it in. If they have a penis and a vagina, your succubus tail should be able to do something with some action if you're having sex in some way. Not sure on when they have only a penis. Haven't tried yet.

On enemy only skills, I'm under the impression that they are restricted to more keenly show how each enemy is different from the player and special in their own right. But yes, also because some of those abilities would be ridiculous on a player controlled character. xD A sandbox mode where you could pick them up might be fun, but I'd be happier as them remaining enemy exclusive in general.
While the game has a good number of balance issues imo, I think the focus at this time has mostly been on fixing bugs and general stabilization. I'm a little bit of a min-maxer at heart though, so I too would be happy to talk my butt off if dndw and nergantre are looking for feedback on it. :)

Observer1311

Apr 14, 2017
Hey,
On the whole tailfuck :
"but here's what I've seen:
If the target has both a penis and a vagina and you penetrate -yourself- on the penis, you can use Tail Fuck/Peg to land a Tail Fucked status on them that lasts till they Struggle/Escape from it and does pleasure damage each turn till they do. The same will also happen if you use Tail Fuck while in the Oral Pin position while the opponent has both a penis and a vagina, but this may be a bug(doesn't work if they have only a vagina. Not sure on only penis, Airi doesn't seem to want to remove her pussy when I feel like trying to test >_>).
If the target has both a penis and a vagina and you penetrate -them- or use Pussy Grind, Tail Fuck/Peg just does damage and sometimes shames..."

Your exemple is on point, since for me one of the test "Opponent's penis is inserted" should indeed have been "are fucking" since I don't get why the ennemy should have a penis inserted for youto be able to use tailfuck (with effects) on him.
As i read the code and moded what seemed to me like inconsistencies , i arrived to something like : the tailfuck with pleasure damage and status effect triggers when opponent has a hole available ofc and (characters are already fucking(sub or dom) or if your character is on a dominant stance or if you stand behind your opponent), for every other situation where it's usable, it just does the dmg / shame. i tried to make every result type match the good string by altering by reversing some tests if it made sense to me... Basically i tried to make the damage and status effect activate when the characters are somewhat close to each other and you could keep your tail in there. Overall the skill function only on anal except if it's already occupied and opponent has an available pussy (didn't change that, it seems to have been a deliberate design choice).

For the status length, i didn't realized it was how that worked, and had it working in a match i just did so nevermind.

For the skills, it was more in the spirit of an activable option or sandbox mode, rather than full game. Doing so is really easy to do yourself by modifying TraitRequirements.xml you can even balance the requirements, if you want to try.
The thing is i dont know when the "magic eyes : *" traits were added to the player traits, but they seem really OP and they are advanced traits of cassie, so i thought why not.
Animism in general seems way too good in combo with the trait that gives flat willpower regen on orgasm, add some of the many willpower draining effects and you're already great. Then all the random enthralled triggered by tons of effects ... I mean the balance is already all over the place !
The idea was also to populate the endgame traits a bit more ...

(Still a great game ! )

Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
Please forgive my rambling, I couldn't help myself. Tried to cut it as short as possible while still scratching the itch.
The buff makes logical sense, but hear me out.

Tail mods are one of the things that have no effective cost for having, but grant abilities for having them. Which means every character should have them if the abilities are widely useful, which is typically bad from a balance standpoint if the ability is optional. Currently, as a female, they can be used in the early to mid game as a way to dodge high-pleasure damage pussies while still dealing good damage in Sex Training builds. For example, you can toss a Priapt Draft then safely Reverse Fuck Angel, Slime-Airi, and Kat, then fuck them with your tail, since it takes significantly less pleasure damage recoil from Angel, cumming won't trigger Airi's Gooey Pussy(though she may just retract her penis), and Kat can be made to just orgasm every turn with the increased damage. You can also just use it as passive damage against anyone and do your best to keep whoever pinned down until they lose if you're close to losing yourself. All of this has a really low cost of "spend time with Reyka and stock up on Priapt drafts"(which probably aught to be twice as expensive, they're really good) and very close to no opportunity cost(you have to keep up with the Priapt Drafts, which takes time, money, and attention)

Making your change effectively removes the cost of Priapt drafts, adds the ability for males to negate a good amount of the strengths of some characters without taking the Dark investment for Tail Suck, and lets females do all the above with a Strap-on so they take close to no recoil damage at all. The Succubus Tail was already good as an option without meaningful cost, buffing it seems like there should at least be some sort of actual cost.
Well yeah. Entirely right. xD

Overpowered, but I wouldn't know what to suggest changing besides just removing Nymphomania from the player pool, which seems like a bad option.
The thing about Magic Eyes skills beyond Arouse is that they require heavy investment into Arcane. While Arcane easily does the most pleasure/temptation damage of all the attributes one could focus on, they also tend to have the worst passive defenses.

Like, if a heavy Dark character gets in a bad spot, there's a good chance they can still Drain, they might use Sacrifice, they might just passively suck all the stamina out of the opponent, and worst comes to worst, they probably have less Perception than the Arcane character anyway, and so are taking less damage. If an Animism character is jumped, they may not even lose any Willpower due to the way Animism + Nymphomania works. A Science character can be randomly saved at any time by their Slime's Trip ability and can Stun Blast even at 0 mojo. Ki characters can become nearly unhittable or just ignore large quantities of damage and status effects. Fetish characters have huge effective arousal pools due to their pets.

However, if an Arcane character gets taken off-guard without mojo, even if their Glamour is up like always, they're kinda screwed. They have high Perception and no effective means of getting away or stopping the opponent from having their way with them if Escape decides to fail multiple times in a row...except with Magic Eyes. Which can be ignored a good bit of the time by Skeptical, or because the opponent is not facing them, or is Cynical at the time, or if Frenzy is exactly the wrong thing to do to the enemy.

They are really strong as offensive abilities though. I could see them being nerfed to non-neutral position only triggers.
Note this is all my opinion and I could be wrong about any number of things. Feel free to flagellate.

Last edited:

Observer1311

Apr 14, 2017
Haha don't worry about the wall of text, reminds me of several balance discussion, we could be the elitistjerks of NGM !

Don't worry about the tail fuck "change", i'm not commiting anything anywhere, i'm just an enthusiast playing around with the code x)
When i said i wanted to participate it was more on the objective and obvious bugs to fix (incubus cock effects triggering on the wrong type of genitals for example)!

As for my modification, first of all that's why i was asking about the expected requirements and results, since on this kind of skill everything is debatable.
Honestly i hadn't put any thought into the scenario you explained, i'm mainly playing male (#original) so I just wanted more weapons for my power trip !
Making my modification does increase the opportunity to use the skill at full efficiency, but it works for your described character too , and doesn't negate the efficiency of your scenario (i'm guessing the absence of appropriate traits or mods on the grown dick is a plus). (I would also argue the "no downside of having the option", a turn is a turn and there is so much to do already. If needed the balance could be found in the accuracy of the action, as it stands it is admittedly kinda forgiving).
Even then, I understand what you say from a balance standpoint, but it seems incoherent with the original code. I was gonna explain what i found particularly false, but after reflexion, it kinda works fine as it is. It's just that i have a hard time warping my mind around the original use cases, since some cases seem to have been written to work like in my idea of the skill, if you try to read the skill description strings while reading the code, effects are not really matching with the description. Side note : In the scenario you described (opponent inserted in you, you then use the skill), you should see 2 contradicting strings of text one after the other, unless i'm missing something.
I'll admit the more i think about it, it COULD be working exactly as intended, i'm just not sold on the whole "your opponent's dick MUST be inserted". And DP is hot, lemme have that :3

For Animism + strong willed + nymphomania , nymphomania could also probably be changed to never give back more willpower than lost during the orgasm, but then the several passive drains are buffed too ... Might nerf Kat (Angel too, depending on the focus, i have not dived in that yet), but they may need it i dunno.
Hard to balance anyway, and as for the rest of the post, fine tuning balance in a solo player environment is a lesser issue overall.
As it stands this combo is a must have, but would probably remain that way except for big changes.

For the magic eyes you're totally right, and the change to non neutral pos is a good idea, or each effect could also gradually be activated in function of the 'gravity' of your situation.
It's just that with the current trait repartition, i rarely build a one or two advanced attribute focused char. Once you have unlocked the skills and traits of an advanced attribute, i find it boring to always keep dumping in the same stats and often find myself collecting the other options. By allowing the player to access other advanced traits of a given attribute, after meeting appropriate requirements, it justifies the focus on one or two attributes and improves the variety.
My original question about the traits is also motivated by the fact that the code is already written for it to be easily activated.

To end, i'll have you know that my "total cheated power trip version" is kinda fun, if easy, gotta love Mara's Collar :D

"Note this is all my opinion and I could be wrong about any number of thing" < ^ good disclaimer, apply that to all this too ^ :)

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@Observer1311 If you want to contribute, the ideal way would be to create a fork on github and when you've your changes create a a pull request. At this point it's probably best to use my master branch (github.com/dndw/nightgamesmod) as a base.

I'm not worried about the animism + strong willed + nymphomania combo. It's overpowered, but it's also impossible for any NPC to get. I think if the player wants to play an overpowered build, then why not? If you don't want it, don't pick it.
I don't have the time to dig into the whole tail fuck thing right now, but there's plenty of material to dig through later, so thanks.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Ha! Just noticed something funny about my OP'ed test character...guess I'm not really suppose to have Congregation, am I? Because trying to summon more than one pet seems lock the game up.

Sucks, though...the thought of bombing Reyka's winning streak she had going that night with not one, not even two, but three fine ladies would have been interesting.

Also, FYI, I figured out why Channel wasn't actually upping Mojo the same way intended with characters with high Mojo max caps. Can't remember if I reported that, but in case I didn't I noticed that characters with a very large max cap on Mojo were only getting very low Mojo returns from commands such as Channel, even though it was still stating that it should be giving a percentage of your max cap. Turns out it only does so until you get more than 200 Mojo cap. So, in other words, it was giving me the 28% like normal, but only accounting for up to 28% of 200 (so 56) max and no more irrespective of my cap once I got to where I could build up above 200. No biggy, but the mouse-over should probably annotate that it has that limit to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Observer1311

Apr 14, 2017
@dndw : disregard my previous reports, i may or may not have been using nergantre version instead of yours when i was starting, most of the bug i found are already fixed on your branch :D
"It was at this moment that he knew He Fucked Up"

I'm all setup now tho.

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
Seems like Airi likes getting rid of any penis or pussy to make it a lot harder to beat her.

Edit: Also in team battles it seems they don't get dressed so it becomes a one and done thing.

Edit 2: Wild Grind shows up as Wil Grind when fucked from behind.

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Hey, just thought to ask about something. Would it be possible for the game to have more than one image for each scene type? Such as having more than one image for trib scenes? I suspect it would take too much work to get it working, but figured it'd be worth a shot to ask.