Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Is there anyway to edit the win/loss scenes? I figure it'd go a long way to helping the game better support the fact that the PC doesn't always have to be male and Competitors don't always have to be females.

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
Cool, new build. Not much time today, but what I noticed:

-Enemies now actually fight their own matches, but they seem to happen too fast. Shouldn't they last some short amount of time? I can surrender to Angel, have her move as part of the scene after the loss, follow her immediately, and still miss the fight that happened when she moved.
-The game says you get 1 point when you win, but you actually gain 2 points per win. The enemies do seem to actually get 1 point per win though.
-The new Focus: X skills each work properly only once per night for the player. If they are used again, the buff is applied to your character and then dispelled at the end of the turn with no mention of why by the game. The enemies seem to have no trouble using the same Focus: X skill multiple times.
-The early game is odd. The enemies have a tendency to decide that Masturbate and Focus: Sex are far better actions near the start of a battle than they are. Might be a good idea when they level enough to have the actions to exploit it though.

I hate mentioning pictures since it's so often a thing that can vary from person to person, but...
I looked through the new images and some of the new pictures recognizably have characters from other franchises depicted, which is a huge breakaway from immersion. Others have this weird problem with...tone, I want to say?. What I mean is, with most of the pictures from before, there is one person in the picture who is definitely the resistant bottom. They may like what's going on, but they are still trying to fight it and/or having it forcibly done to them. Some of these pictures are just everyone having fun or where the bottom has already given up which, while possibly hot, isn't at all what is going on in the game. I also appreciate that the pictures from before typically tried to focus on the human-ish participant(s) and left anyone else that was there mostly to our imaginations (or was specifically Reyka/Rosea/Airi). The game features humans, slimes, demons, a dryad, a cat-girl, and an Angel. Why would the game tell me that there are 2 cat-futas and a green girl having a threesome instead of a probably true part of whatever is actually happening?

Basically, I like most of the non-franchise specific pictures from a hotness standpoint. I hate how most of them don't seem to fit with the game in my opinion.

- Start of tutorial: We will be changing up the pairs later on, but for now, let's get strated As I've explained...should be ...but for now, let's get started. As I've...
- Text preceding "The First Thing": Angel notices for fascination and winks seductively at you. should be ...notices your fascination and...
- Same section: you will be affected by any number of things in any ways during a fight. should be ...any number of things in many ways...

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
Loving the new update, it's great too to see this game still being worked on.

The only thing is that I can't get the Buttslut quest thing to work...
I've added it to the flags but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there something I am missing?

Edit:
Oh also, some of the new images are really big. They don't seems to scroll with the rest of the text and therefore force all the options off screen.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015

• Edit: My testing wasn't very thorough, so some of this info is probably misleading. I didn't really want to play today, but figured I should since it looked like nobody else was trying the test release. Peruse with caution.
  • me strange happenings in regards to three-way encounters. I found Angel and Cassie fighting immediately after I beat Cassie myself. I was able to help Angel win, then I was able to help Cassie then. Additionally, right after that it told me I encountered Angel but hadn't recovered from my last fight (with her) yet, even though she never beat me; I wasn't stripped of my clothing despite this ghost defeat. It looks like it says that line about all opponents you defeat.
  • There was some point at the night that caused all of the Focus skills to stop working. I didn't see anything unusual happen, but whenever this bug occurred it became impossible to apply the new statuses to the PC (NPCs unaffected) until the game was loaded again.
  • Points for player turn-ins are doubled at the end of the night.
  • The boutique is accessible to male PCs from the start. This isn't a problem, but it's undocumented if intended.
  • The player is randomly informed that an NPC has received a point for defeating another NPC, even if neither NPC is in the area.
  • Jewel apparently (see above) just beat Angel and then when I tried to fight Jewel, Angel appeared and helped me win. She shouldn't be able to do that, since she was already beaten by Jewel.
  • Continuing this trend of people fighting when they shouldn't be (it's probably all the same problem, but I don't have any technical know-how, so I'll let you sort it out), after Angel helped me beat Jewel, Jewel immediately got into a fight with me.
  • Victory (and presumably defeat/draw) text is repetitive sometimes, might have something to do with leveling up after that fight:
You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms. Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm.
You notice Angel head toward the student union.
You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms. Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm. You've gained a Level! Select which attributes to increase.
You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms. Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm. You've gained a Level! Select which attributes to increase. 3 Attribute Points remain.
You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms. Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm. You've gained a Level! Select which attributes to increase. 3 Attribute Points remain. Jewel has leveled up!

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I think the requirements for the boutique to show up changed. Maybe that's why it's showing up for males.

Also, I noticed a number of times portraits getting mixed up, at one point for instance I got Reyka's portrait when fighting Eve, then no portrait for Eve in the next fight.

I'm also noticing at times my turn's action gets skipped completely, especially when pets are around.

I'm also noticing that I often get stuck in team fights where no options appear at the bottom, forcing me to close the game and reload from the previous save (saving before going on a team fight night is highly recommended for this reason, guys. I've so far managed to make it through one night of team fights and the other four or five times, I got stuck midway through a fight). It also, albeit actually convenient for the aforementioned bug, prompts saving a game twice when starting a night with teams.

Also, only part of the map is available during team fight nights. Is that intended? It's always the same rooms, so I figured it was.

Anent

Dec 15, 2016
I updated the link, the new archive includes samantha.json. Sorry about that...

@zufield
I'll have a look through the images. And yes, team matches are pretty unstable. I was so focused on fixing up everything else I might have forgotten... Anyway, log files would help here, too.
And like Draonir said, you can't unlock Yui as a combatant. If she likes you enough, though, you can summon her as a pet during fights.

Do you mean one of these?
s7PS2.png
If so, you might have an outdated Java version. Just go to java.com and install the latest. (You should always make sure to keep it up-to-date, not doing so is a serious security risk.)
If that doesn't fix it, try running this: https://mega.nz/#!QRImiQZJ!V7uSDfw2EhGgNuv-2uZpa1XEMWKzIGsSimyrs11yU9Q and uploading the text file it generates.

If you don't get one of those popups, could you upload your nightgames log instead?

Here ya go.

EDIT: Needed to change the default program it used for JAR files to Java, my bad.

Attachments

• sys-info.txt
    289 bytes · Views: 6

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
-Continuing with the girls fighting when they shouldn't, if you catch someone masturbating and get an auto-win, you immediately get the option to fight or run from them afterward.
-Force Dismiss is probably way too good to allow in Team Matches. Dark Talisman ftw.
-On the other hand, Force Dismiss breaks Team Matches. Leading with Dark Talisman and following with Force Dismiss will consistently cause the game to freeze within 3 turns. Not sure why the variance, but once in a while a test run would continue for a turn longer.
-Entralling opponents in Team Matches can cause your allies to use Command skills, some of which normally would move them into a position they are not allowed to go into in a Team Match, effectively wasting the turn.
Jewel uses Command against Reyka
Freezing her in place with a mere glance, Jewel casually walks around Reyka and grabs her from behind.
Jewel built 5 mojo.

-Losing a Team Match prevents you from entering into another match against the same team after resupplying, giving the text "You notice Reyka heads for one of the safe rooms, probably to get a change of clothes" though they never lost for that to be an issue.
-During a Team Match, enemy followers can initiate sex positions against you as if you are in a submissive position even if you are currently in a dominant position. Not sure if intended or not. On the one hand, it makes a sort of sense. On the other, it implies that you really aught to just stay in neutral position the whole match if it applies to all dominant positions. This current time was done while I was in the Oral Pin position.
You are holding Reyka down with your face nested between her legs.
Kat uses Suck Neck against Airi
Kat licks and sucks Airi's neck, biting lightly when she isn't expecting it.
Airi's skin was pleasured by Kat's mouth for 12 base:8.0 (8.0) x multiplier: 1.51 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:0.0 + per:0.2 + stage:0.30 )
Kat built 7 mojo.

Angel uses Initiate Reverse Threesome against you
While Reyka holding you down, Angel mounts you and presses her own pussy against yours.
Reyka is now braced.
Reyka is now wary.
Your cunt was pleasured by Reyka for 10 base:5.0 (5.0) x multiplier: 1.98 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:0.0 + per:1.0 + stage:0.00 )
Reyka's none was pleasured by your cunt for 9 base:5.0 (5.0) x multiplier: 1.73 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:0.2 + per:0.5 + stage:0.00 )
Angel's concentrated divine energy in her pussy seeps into your pussy, sending unimaginable pleasure directly into your soul.
Your pussy was pleasured by Angel's divine slit for 22 base:5.0 (5.0) x multiplier: 4.48 (1 + sen:-2.3 + ple:4.3 + per:1.4 + stage:0.00 )
Angel continues feeding on her own pleasure to charge up her divine energy.
Angel's divine slit was pleasured by your cunt for 23 base:5.0 (5.0) x multiplier: 4.51 (1 + sen:3.0 + ple:0.2 + per:0.6 + stage:-0.30 )

Airi uses Wait against Reyka
Airi hesitates, watching Reyka closely.
Airi was healed for 6
Airi built 19 mojo.

Cassie uses Suck Neck against Reyka
Cassie licks and sucks Reyka's neck, biting lightly when she isn't expecting it.
Reyka's skin was pleasured by Cassie's mouth for 0 base:6.0 (6.0) x multiplier: 0.06 (1 + sen:-1.8 + ple:0.5 + per:0.3 + stage:0.00 ) x staleness: 0.80
Cassie built 10 mojo.

Reyka uses Tempt. "Why keep fighting? Wouldn't it just feel SO much better just to let me do what I do best?"
Reyka tempted you for 21 (base:7, charisma:3.0)

Your Lick Pussy failed

-Upon reaching level 10, Airi was automatically added to the game with some accompanying text. The problem was you can still receive an event at this time, but Lily will only present the new competitor text, prompting the Save, Do It, and Not Interested options with no further info. If you Do It, she does still give the extra text for accepting the quest though.

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
So I thought I could get around the buttslut quest thing only working if the flag is loaded in at the start by adding it to the flags part of one of the advanced start options.

Thing is, anytime I save a game made with on of those starts the game locks up.

I've included the log and I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to whats is going wrong or how to fix it.

Edit: I should state that putting the flag in the start .json does seem to activate the quest...I think. As far as I can tell the game doesn't seem to actually mention the stats changing though so I can't be sure.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
This might sound dumb, but...have you tried waiting? The game seems to actually take a bit to simulate all the movement/battles if you Quit Match. The option hasn't failed yet for me unless the game was already otherwise frozen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Shame: Only noticed this bit recently. Before this update, I already felt that random shaming from abilities was too debilitating to not take Shameless on every non-submissive character. For anyone who doesn't already just take the trait every run, this seems punishing in an unfun way, since enemies can and will just Facesit people to defeat, and without the cleanse on orgasm, some characters will just never get their Cunning back and be stuck. I also don't think the non-Shameless enemies it slightly nerfs deserve it, but I haven't played enough level 35+ to have a really valid opinion on it I think. Generally no, I don't think the shame-change is needed.

-It seems to have become really hard to land Trip without a large disparity between your and your opponent's Cunning...unless they are bound. In which case, it seems a good bit easier to land than before the update. Intended? EDIT: nvm. guess I was just incredibly unlucky. Only seems slightly more unlikely now.
-Suck Neck can be used while winded, stunned, enthralled, and bound. Not sure if bits of this are intended or if its all an accidental side effect of the Drain Energy Oral Pin change.
-Tentacle Rape is considered Foreplay. >_>
-Airi seems to be a scripted unlock at level 10, but you still have the option to purchase her attendance from the Information Broker instead if you buy Technology at 10. Game doesn't crash or anything if you do so, its just a waste of money.
-Traps don't seem to actually be placed on the map when used during a Team Match(which is a good thing probably) but using them is still given as an option. If you choose to use one, you consume resources and get no trap.

I once swiped Mara's underwear while scavenging for items in the Storage Room.
You quietly swipe Mara's clothes while she's occupied. It's a little underhanded, but you can still turn them in for cash just as if you defeated her.
You've gained Mara's Underwear.
You've gained a Heavy Zip Tie.
You are in a Storage Room under the Dining Hall. It's always unlocked and receives a fair bit of foot traffic from students using the tunnel to and from the Dorm, so no one keeps anything important in here. There's enough junk down here to provide some hiding places and there's a chance you could find something useable in one of these boxes.
You hear something in the Tunnel.
Cassie was in the Tunnel, if it matters.

-Mara has, at times, decided to Focus: Foreplay, then enter Tribalism, then start Pussy Grinding for 0. Ah, early game AI.

Last edited:

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
So, I've been noticing that when Mara went for the Harpoon toy focus, when she was facing an AI she would regularly pull off the harpoon toy the turn after she applied it. Only had it happen once, but that might be something to look into. Only happened when I chose to watch an AI vs AI fight instead of helping one of the two combatants.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I think I'm seeing a pattern, btw, in the wrong portraits being used: seems like when I fight someone, I get the previous encounter's portrait instead of the correct one. Seems like it corrects itself the next night, but eventually on most nights it will happen at some point. Not really sure what triggers it to be honest, but that's what I've noticed anyway.

Also, something else I noticed. I tried running a test character I made last night with heavily boosted stats. Basically I gave him a metric poop ton of buffs to attributes, some powerful late-game traits, and buffed stamina, arousal, mojo, and willpower up to 1000 each. What seems odd is that every time I tried using something like Channel to gain mojo, I got very little of it. Channel's suppose to give, according to the mouse-over, 28% of mojo. Yet, when used, I only get 56 out of that 1000. It's not just Channeling either; Strip Tease only gets me 60 points of mojo, though the mouse over says I should be seeing 30%, which would be 300, not 60. Now, is that due to me save-cheating and having 1000 mojo or is that not suppose to happen despite it being my testing cheat character? My math isn't my strongest talent by any stretch, but those numbers don't even come close to being within the realm of each other.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
No worries. That's why it's a test, though, I'd imagine. To see what breaks and how. (Then again, I'm not the one who has to fix what breaks admittedly)

Eh, I guess what I'm saying is no rush. There's obviously quite a bit of spaghettification that needs to be un-spaghettified.

megahellreaper

Nov 26, 2016
I noticed that when I help the AI, the win doesn't go through and it means I can repeat the helping action. Didn't notice if it affects affection at all but I'm fairly certain I don't get the win. I think there is a problem with how time advances now, I don't really have any concrete evidence, but after helping the AI and waiting, the one I helped ends up winning. Always. Plus I think time doesn't advance while helping which might be why it fails to proceed with the next instance? I'm not sure but it might be worthwhile looking into.

EDIT: I checked again and it does move time forward just doesn't do anything else.

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Hi, I've been a bit quiet the past few days. I haven't had time to do much yet, but that will (hopefully) change over the weekend.
Thanks for all the reports, it'll speed things up when I do get to fixing things.

Darkki

Sep 16, 2015
With the 2.6.0 RC the opponents AI seems a bit wonky regarding moving & resupplying. Had a few nights with only 2 opponents enabled while testing stuff and I could only fight both of them once, they just wouldn't resupply at any point.
Resupplying is less noticeable with the 4 opponents enabled but seemed to not work too well even then.
Everyone also seemed to be rather lazy instead of moving around the rooms, though I think they may have been lazy on earlier versions too.

Also tried out the quest thingy and as A-Grubby pointed out, merely adding the "ButtslutQuesting" to a game-in-progress save does nothing. Adding it to an alternate start file and using that seemingly begins the quest fine and the status screen shows the stats from it.
The game saves fine with the quest enabled, but can't actually load the files that have the quest data, getting the same error as A-Grubby's log has.

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
-When used from the Oral Pin position, spamming use of Drain Energy doesn't trigger staleness.
-Binding an opponent with a fetish over 1.0 will make the opponent choose to do Nothing instead of Struggle/Escape.
-If you use Nurse, causing the opponent to have to fight against Suckling, and Stand Up afterward, the opponent will do Nothing every turn until Suckling wears off or you take a position to let them continue using Suckle. This isn't dependent on Bound or Breast Fetish.
-Is Manipulate Fetish only available from Neutral position? I can't seem to get the option to appear anywhere else and I have 40 Fetish, but everyone just spams Nothing instead of getting up so I can test Neutral position. -.-
-Also, what are the requirements for Fetish Charmer? Lvl 31, 22 Power, 31 Seduction, 33 Cunning, 43 Fetish doesn't seem to do it. It seems really powerful just from reading it though.
-Possibly has absolutely nothing to do with the update, but you don't seem to be able to collect from placed ninja stashes.
-Similarly, Bunshin Service is weird. Some of it's attacks are described as the clones sucking on the opponent's clit, but the attack still originates from the hands. Also the "Your clone darts close to Opponent and kisses her on the lips" version of the attack doesn't ever actually deal damage, though I assume its a hit since them actually dodging has a different flavor text.
-You can, at times, collect the item cache from a blue square by landing on squares adjacent to it. Not sure what causes this.
-If an opponent's Tentacle Trap is on a blue square, and you are not naked to trigger the trap, you can never collect the cache as only the trap text will trigger on you entering the square. Opponents appear to be able to pick up the cache still. Or maybe it was the trap owner, dunno.

DragonkingKyo

Mar 1, 2017
is it possible to get the breeder(not the addiction),Befuddling Fragrance,Catwalk,Complex Aroma,Fast Diffusion,Frenzy Scent,Jackhammer,Piercing Odor,Piledriver,Primal Heat,Untamed traits that Kat has or the other NPC traits that come from the choices you make, If not it would be nice if you could get the traits that the NPC characters have by raising their affection and the higher their affection the more of their unique traits they willing to teach you if they've learned them.

Last edited:

JazzHound

Apr 8, 2017
Hey, So i have tried editing the globalflags.json to enable herms and shemales to have balls, but when i go into futanari start there are no changes to the pc or npc`s.
Also i have seen an updated 2.4.5.5.b version of this mod around the web but i am not sure if i should get that version or not seems sketchy, and the nightgames mod wiki link that`s here seems to be broken.
Thanks.

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
and the nightgames mod wiki link that`s here seems to be broken.

The wiki's server is currently being relocated, and should be back up at the same address later this month. I actually didn't expect anyone to notice since it hasn't been used since January. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: JazzHound

JazzHound

Apr 8, 2017
The wiki's server is currently being relocated, and should be back up at the same address later this month. I actually didn't expect anyone to notice since it hasn't been used since January. Sorry for the inconvenience.
wiki's are so usefull :D thanks i will check it out once it's back up.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
This has a wiki?

On pg58 nergantre, and 7N24 started talking about starting up a server for it.
Apperantly 7N24 had some unused servers/sites they weren't using?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I didn't know if anything had come of that, just it had been talked about. Was there ever a link presented?

I guess it doesn't matter if the server's being relocated and it's unavailable for now. I just didn't know one was up and running.

JazzHound

Apr 8, 2017
Hey, back again i am trying to get a summoning scroll i have tried the caches from since i started playing, and haven't found a single one. now i am level 149 D:
Also i can't find any of the other special enhancement items, i did see someone post about editing the save and adding them that way. However i don't know how to i would go about doing that.