Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Yes. There are plans for both a Peace path and a Federal Supremacy path. I don't know if/when either will materialize; I don't think either me or Fen are terribly eager to start a huge planet-changing questline for Myrellion right now.
Well, fingers crossed it happens soon!

Well, soon by TiTS standards anyway.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I don't like the Gold Myr soldier group in Gildenmere. I'm not sure exactly why, but something about how, even though Gildenmere is not supposed to be an area with hostile encounters, there's a random chance that you'll suddenly be forced into a gang-rape scene really irks me. Like, it's expected that if you lose out in the hostile areas, you might get fucked. But Gildenmere is supposed to be a friendly city, and the fact that at basically any time as you're walking through, a bunch of soldiers will just force you to have sex feels shitty.

A

Athena

I don't like the Gold Myr soldier group in Gildenmere. I'm not sure exactly why, but something about how, even though Gildenmere is not supposed to be an area with hostile encounters, there's a random chance that you'll suddenly be forced into a gang-rape scene really irks me. Like, it's expected that if you lose out in the hostile areas, you might get fucked. But Gildenmere is supposed to be a friendly city, and the fact that at basically any time as you're walking through, a bunch of soldiers will just force you to have sex feels shitty.

...I actually never noticed that the "Run Away" option for the Horny Gold Myr group had a reflex check. That seems unnecessary. I certainly hope that doesn't become commonplace, because you're right, there should be a clear separation between hostile areas and safe zones. Players shouldn't be getting raped in a safe zone. Heck, players shouldn't be getting randomly raped with no way to defend themselves, period...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
...I actually never noticed that the "Run Away" option for the Horny Gold Myr group had a reflex check. That seems unnecessary. I certainly hope that doesn't become commonplace, because you're right, there should be a clear separation between hostile areas and safe zones. Players shouldn't be getting raped in a safe zone. Heck, players shouldn't be getting randomly raped with no way to defend themselves, period...
Just thought of this, but a possible alternative to the Horny Gold Myr group's current implementation could be to just put them in a specific tile, and make interacting completely optional. Like, they're standing in a tile, looking for whatever character they claim to be looking for, and you're given the option to come up to them, talk to them and consent to being their toy for a while. Alternatively, instead of making the option for not having sex being to run away, you could try explaining that there's a mistaken identity. I mean, in the run away scene, your character will literally act like they're about to make a vocal objection against it, but then suddenly just run away instead of explaining anything.

Reactions: Athena

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Well, to be honest, if you are in red venom withdrawl, you also do get fucked by a Red Myr, without any say..

But the problem is, that the Golds are better at PR and so they will probably be able to keep it under the rug and so that kind of stuff is actually completly believeable.

What I personally like would be a chance to at least try to report them, even though I'm sure MacAllister and Juro will cover it up since they seem to be too busy fucking Golds.

I think the event is also repeatable (could be wrong, since I'm rarely in Gildenmere), so reporting it could maybe stop it from happening.
Otherwise an invasion by the Reds should do the trick.

nowayman69

Jul 22, 2017
So is there going to be anything done about the semi forced gang rape in gildenmere by the gold soldiers? Because that shit really doesn't sit right with me and I'm glad I'm apparently not the only one, though the fact that it's been months since this was brought up and nothing has been done about it does not fill me with confidence.

Reactions: Tide Hunter

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
So is there going to be anything done about the semi forced gang rape in gildenmere by the gold soldiers? Because that shit really doesn't sit right with me and I'm glad I'm apparently not the only one, though the fact that it's been months since this was brought up and nothing has been done about it does not fill me with confidence.
Can't you run from that?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
So that's a "yes".

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
It's a "kind of but it's not guaranteed so it can still happen without you wanting it without warning while wandering in a safe zone"
In those cases, I've learned that the "Next" button is my friend. Just because the text is on the screen doesn't mean I have to read it. As long as it doesn't affect the story or my character physically in any way, I get along with my day.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
In those cases, I've learned that the "Next" button is my friend. Just because the text is on the screen doesn't mean I have to read it. As long as it doesn't affect the story or my character physically in any way, I get along with my day.
It wasn't about whether or not I had to read it happening, it's just the knowledge that my character is just getting gang-raped in a safe zone without being able to actually have a say in whether or not it happens fucks me up whenever it happens. I don't read the actual description of it, but I still hate it happening. Safe means safe, and this one bizarre exception where random chance in a safe zone may lead to my character getting raped feels horrible.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Hey, I'm not saying "Suck it up, buttercup." I'm just telling you guys how I deal with scenes I don't like. You can't always avoid them; avoiding a large section of a planet - especially a "safe" zone - isn't feasible, especially if you want/need to visit it for other reasons. I get it. Personally, I like some of the ideas floated here, like making it a firm decision to flee or stay & play on the player's part. But in the meantime...

Trust me, I know about avoidance issues. I have PTSD related to multiple combat deployments. If I avoided every single possible trigger, I'd never leave my bedroom, watch nothing but rom-coms and listen to nothing but Kpop.

And that's no way to live, man.

Reactions: Tide Hunter

nowayman69

Jul 22, 2017
Hey, I'm not saying "Suck it up, buttercup." I'm just telling you guys how I deal with scenes I don't like. You can't always avoid them; avoiding a large section of a planet - especially a "safe" zone - isn't feasible, especially if you want/need to visit it for other reasons. I get it. Personally, I like some of the ideas floated here, like making it a firm decision to flee or stay & play on the player's part. But in the meantime...

Trust me, I know about avoidance issues. I have PTSD related to multiple combat deployments. If I avoided every single possible trigger, I'd never leave my bedroom, watch nothing but rom-coms and listen to nothing but Kpop.

And that's no way to live, man.
My problem is less a psychological thing and more of a "this scene is absolutely stupid the more I think about it and it has no place in it's current implementation."

1)There is no option to explain yourself to the guards and tell them that you're not an "entertainment slut"
2) there is no option to defend yourself if they do catch you trying to flee
3) the scene itself doesn't make any sense. Am I supposed to believe that these soldiers mistake my character, who's very clearly a muscular 8 foot tall amazon wearing some armor for combat and decked out with heavy firepower, as some whore? Yeah, no, that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard
4) this game at its core is a game of choice. By going out into the wild parts, you the player are choosing to accept the risk that you could be attacked, beaten, and raped. But with this encounter, the only choice you have is to either let yourself be gang raped, or choose a reflex check that if you lose automatically results in you being gang raped instead of combat where you fight off the guards. And to make it worse, the game gas lights you after the encounter by saying your character secretly enjoyed it.

The more i think about this encounter the more it pisses me off. Fen and co. really need to rethink this scene.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I'm honestly not sure it should be removed, because it does show that for all their talk about being the better Myr, the goldens are not nearly as peaceful and innocent as they claim - and I think that little episode is one of the few that shows that.

But, about your points:
1) As far as I understood that event, they don't really care.. I mean, depending how you look, their "mistake" is completly ludicrous, so I just assumed they where horny and did not care about consent.

2) Well, I give you this one, having a second chance to break free would be nice and it would not destroy the scene (imho)

3) Same as 1, they are horny and use that whore-thing as an excuse to abuse you.

4) This on the other hand.. I actually disagree with. Sure, there are less forced transformation compared to CoC1, but I do not think that this world is that more peaceful and nice. The moment you gained your ship and left your home station, you decided to risk everything.
But maybe I have an easier time saying that, since I do tend to savescum a bit and rarely visit that city in the first place.. ^^'

But on the "secretly enjoying it" thing.. yeah, not a fan. I usually avoid such scenes, but from what I have seen, that the MC enjoys being forced seems common. Which I fail to see the appeal. So, yeah, I do think the bit with the "secretly likes it" should be left to the player and not decided by the author - unless it is a scene which has to be chosen in the first place.

Reactions: nowayman69

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
But on the "secretly enjoying it" thing.. yeah, not a fan. I usually avoid such scenes, but from what I have seen, that the MC enjoys being forced seems common. Which I fail to see the appeal. So, yeah, I do think the bit with the "secretly likes it" should be left to the player and not decided by the author - unless it is a scene which has to be chosen in the first place.

Steele could probably pop a boner for a cup of water. So...

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Suppose hypothetically there was a hidden myr species deep underground that cultivates a different version of the myr fungus, one that is planted to grow into fungus slaves that power their industries in a sorta similar vein to farmer ants IRL. How would the reds and golds, and the UGC react to discovering them?

nowayman69

Jul 22, 2017
New I'm honestly not sure it should be removed, because it does show that for all their talk about being the better Myr, the goldens are not nearly as peaceful and innocent as they claim - and I think that little episode is one of the few that shows that.
I disagree. While I don't think it should outright be removed, I do think its current implementation is sorely lacking. Whether it shows the gold myr's hypocrisy or not is irrelevant, because the encounter doesn't follow previously established game mechanics. There are no other "safe zones" in the game that I can think of where this kind of hostile encounter happens, and yes I do consider being drugged and gang raped a hostile encounter. If I'm wrong please tell me, but I really don't think there are any other encounters like that.
4) This on the other hand.. I actually disagree with. Sure, there are less forced transformation compared to CoC1, but I do not think that this world is that more peaceful and nice. The moment you gained your ship and left your home station, you decided to risk everything.
But maybe I have an easier time saying that, since I do tend to savescum a bit and rarely visit that city in the first place.. ^^'
Actually, I don't think we actually disagree here? I never said that this world was more peaceful and nice. My point was that this encounter doesn't give you the option to defend yourself. I can't think of any other encounters in the game where you don't have some kind of choice or agency in how the encounter plays out. Whether that be through combat, diplomacy, or just avoiding the encounter all together, you the player have to choose to put yourself into those situations, and in all of them, you usually have an option to fight back or avoid it in some way. Granted you very well might lose, but you at least have the chance to defend yourself. In the myr encounter you have two options, go along with it willingly, or try to run, the success of which seems to be based on your current reflexes stat and quite possibly some amount of random chance. The player really has no control of how they try to navigate that encounter.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I disagree. While I don't think it should outright be removed, I do think its current implementation is sorely lacking. Whether it shows the gold myr's hypocrisy or not is irrelevant, because the encounter doesn't follow previously established game mechanics. There are no other "safe zones" in the game that I can think of where this kind of hostile encounter happens, and yes I do consider being drugged and gang raped a hostile encounter. If I'm wrong please tell me, but I really don't think there are any other encounters like that.

Actually, I don't think we actually disagree here? I never said that this world was more peaceful and nice. My point was that this encounter doesn't give you the option to defend yourself. I can't think of any other encounters in the game where you don't have some kind of choice or agency in how the encounter plays out. Whether that be through combat, diplomacy, or just avoiding the encounter all together, you the player have to choose to put yourself into those situations, and in all of them, you usually have an option to fight back or avoid it in some way. Granted you very well might lose, but you at least have the chance to defend yourself. In the myr encounter you have two options, go along with it willingly, or try to run, the success of which seems to be based on your current reflexes stat and quite possibly some amount of random chance. The player really has no control of how they try to navigate that encounter.
There's a few other hostile encounters in a safe zone that I can think of, two being the Host Shukuchi encounters. Thing is, on your first encounter, you don't engage in combat, you just chase a mysterious figure around. When you do initiate combat, it's you initiating it, you find a specific object on a specific tile and interact rather than just randomly encountering it inside of a safe zone and be given an option to escape it which doesn't work 100% of the time. There's also the combat against Shade if you don't flirt or side with her during the first time you meet her, but you're given an option that works all of the time to avoid combat. Then there's the combat where you team up with Saendra, but that, like the others that I've mentioned, is engaged in by choice of the player. Also, all three are combat encounters, rather than encounters where you're given no choice but to either run away or get raped (and, again, this one isn't 100% effective, where the others have choices which can always avoid combat, although Shukuchi means avoiding the questline and Saendra means abandoning her in a time-sensitive quest). So... yeah. Even though there are hostile encounters in sever occassions in various safe zones, all of them can be avoided with 100% certainty, and they're all combat, rather than "will you be raped or not?"

nowayman69

Jul 22, 2017
There's a few other hostile encounters in a safe zone that I can think of, two being the Host Shukuchi encounters. Thing is, on your first encounter, you don't engage in combat, you just chase a mysterious figure around. When you do initiate combat, it's you initiating it, you find a specific object on a specific tile and interact rather than just randomly encountering it inside of a safe zone and be given an option to escape it which doesn't work 100% of the time. There's also the combat against Shade if you don't flirt or side with her during the first time you meet her, but you're given an option that works all of the time to avoid combat. Then there's the combat where you team up with Saendra, but that, like the others that I've mentioned, is engaged in by choice of the player. Also, all three are combat encounters, rather than encounters where you're given no choice but to either run away or get raped (and, again, this one isn't 100% effective, where the others have choices which can always avoid combat, although Shukuchi means avoiding the questline and Saendra means abandoning her in a time-sensitive quest). So... yeah. Even though there are hostile encounters in sever occassions in various safe zones, all of them can be avoided with 100% certainty, and they're all combat, rather than "will you be raped or not?"
There's also the fact that those encounters you listed all serve a purpose of either advancing the story, a quest, or a specific character's availability/development. None of which the gildenmere encounter does.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Steele could probably pop a boner for a cup of water. So...
My only issue with the Gildenmire encounter is that it implies that your Steele can get worn out by a company of Reds to the point that you suffer 50% HP loss.
There's a lot of railroading that simply doesn't faze me: sudden combat loss via story, etc. But the one thing that actually bothers me is the implication that something can out-fuck my Steele.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
But the one thing that actually bothers me is the implication that something can out-fuck my Steele.
Well sure as shit nothing can out-breed your Steele. So you've got that going for you.

Which is nice.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
My only issue with the Gildenmire encounter is that it implies that your Steele can get worn out by a company of Reds to the point that you suffer 50% HP loss.
There's a lot of railroading that simply doesn't faze me: sudden combat loss via story, etc. But the one thing that actually bothers me is the implication that something can out-fuck my Steele.

They're Gold in this case, but I feel ya.

Ixmore

May 8, 2017
I had this idea for an event submission. Basically the idea is for a location within the Scarlett Federation Territory that is brothel that's made up of gold myr drones and indebted males from other planets and the owner is a Red Myr Drone. If the Myr Pills are made available, the owner sets a standard for his men to make a set amount of credits in day daily and any men that fails to meet that standard is forced to take one red pill. If a man whore doesn't fully pay of his debts before they are fully transformed into a red Myr, the owner send him off to married off to an officer or a group of red myr.

Well to shorten my question, would some Myr intentionally drug male visitors with the myr pills or force them to take it?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I had this idea for an event submission. Basically the idea is for a location within the Scarlett Federation Territory that is brothel that's made up of gold myr drones and indebted males from other planets and the owner is a Red Myr Drone. If the Myr Pills are made available, the owner sets a standard for his men to make a set amount of credits in day daily and any men that fails to meet that standard is forced to take one red pill. If a man whore doesn't fully pay of his debts before they are fully transformed into a red Myr, the owner send him off to married off to an officer or a group of red myr.

Well to shorten my question, would some Myr intentionally drug male visitors with the myr pills or force them to take it?
I can't remember if they do but the question is more along the lines of "Do they know about the drug?"

If so, some might. If not, well then there's no chance of that happening now is there?

Ixmore

May 8, 2017
I can't remember if they do but the question is more along the lines of "Do they know about the drug?"

If so, some might. If not, well then there's no chance of that happening now is there?

Well the quest required to make the myr pills available requires you asking Lieve or Nehzara (the red myr diplomat) for a blood sample to make the pills so the red myr are probably going to know about it if you ask the latter.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Anything can happen. Myrellion is a pretty morally-bleak place. I don't think anybody on staff would really want or appreciate that particular brand of content, though.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
When I think of Myrellion, I think of Don't Tread on Me.

So be it! Threaten no more!
To secure peace is- to prepare for war!
So be it! Settle the score!
Touch me again for the words that you'll hear evermore!

Don't tread on me!

It works for both sides!

Reactions: Paradox01