Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The Red's abuses are the standard abuses you'd expect a conquering 20th century army to indulge in. Which doesn't makes them alright by any means, but they aren't outstandingly evil by human terms. There's no evidence to suggest that the Golds wouldn't be doing much the same if they were in the position of power - but as already discussed that's more a failure of the game itself to show what Gold culture is like to the same depth it does Red. You can't point at a blank piece of paper and say "See?! These guys are the bulwark of civilization against the barbarians!"

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
The Red's abuses are the standard abuses you'd expect a conquering 20th century army to indulge in.

They are the standard abuses you would expect a medieval army to indulge in, not 20th century. And the use of drug addiction is something you expect modern day human traffickers to indulge in. Rape itself is for sure something you would see in even modern day wars but drug induced sexual slavery was not a common 20th century war tactic as far as I know. And if it was, I don't remember it ever being looked on in a positive light.

"See?! These guys are the bulwark of civilization against the barbarians!"

True, but between a group that has proven themselves barbarians and a group that simply MIGHT be barbarians the choice still seems clear.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
You know now that you mention it, yah I think the reds don't know how to treat the golds properly and vis versa. It's funny because I recall both leadership talking the same they all deserve to die to each other. I can't really say I love or hate ether side. They've both done bad things to me. When it comes down to it I just think who do you want to bang with your gun and with your dick.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Well i went around talking to most everyone on Myrellion who would talk about the war and things seem to be solidly "she said, she said" about how the whole war started. Though I can't say that I'm all that fond of the golds

My head cannon about how the war started:

Background: Both sides have taken aggressive action against the other. Due to the fact that industry seems to have only taken off in the past century on their planet, the aggression was probably limited to border skirmishes and lots of propaganda on both the part of the Red/Golds.

Golds test out their spiffy new airplanes, overshoot the borders (because they have crap eyesight and limited instrumentation plus the land doesn't have a handy painted line). Red squadron is dispatched to send them home. Since the Golds invaded their turf, they open fire. The rest is bloody history.

Reactions: valkyr42

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The problem with the medical slavery that the reds are up to being an issue is that it's not a universally supported thing with the Reds. The high command is split on the issue and the only reason they started doing it in the first place was because they were the side that actually bothered to take prisoners to begin with.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I think it's safe to say that, beside the whole legal-slavery-indentured-servitude (not to mention actual outright slavery with a blind eye turned to it) that, to a degree to keep face and seem superior in morals, the UGC would force Red Myrs to not keep trench wives/prisoners and also suppress their venom when/if interacting with the wider galaxy, not unlike the dzaan and cum inhibitors.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Probably. Honestly there's probably gonna be a charity for the PoWs moving in should the ants ever make it to the galactic stage.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You know now that you mention it, yah I think the reds don't know how to treat the golds properly and vis versa. It's funny because I recall both leadership talking the same they all deserve to die to each other.
The difference being Sellara is the head of the red myr army and has a has a hate/killboner a mile high for the golds and Queen Irellia is one queen on the council and broods over how the ceasefire may not last long and nuking/eliminating may be the only choice they have.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The difference being Sellara is the head of the red myr army and has a has a hate/killboner a mile high for the golds and Queen Irellia is one queen on the council and broods over how the ceasefire may not last long and nuking/eliminating may be the only choice they have.
She's only a field marshal in charge of the offense that is supposed to push into Gildenmere. Nowhere near the top of the actual military.

Reactions: Karretch

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Still in charge of the military forces there and calling the shots. Field marshal being often the highest rank one can be in some armies. :shrug:

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
The Reds keep prisoners. The Golds do not. In fact its hinted that any captured Reds are used for tests for the Golds bio weapons, which i dont need to say what that entails. If you think about it at an angle, the Reds dont have that massive of a kill count. They have too many prisoners of war but they are indeed alive and "fine".

Albeit most of them are slaves and probably drugged, but if we are going to compare our history to a fictional culture thousands of years in the future on an alien planet filled with A-Crazy insect Bitches, then I can say black people were slaves once in America and with time, society grew up and hoop la not slaves anymore. So why cant that happen here? That's even to say that the Reds keep them as slaves after the war, they dont have problems with other races joining, and there are Gold Myr who are happily living in the Federation. We cant be sure till full closure of the planet in general.

Personally, I am on team Red. For stupid small reasons and a few big ones. Three small reasons, Reds a nice color, Briha is a Red Myr, and in terms of galactic perspective, they are the underdogs for the uplifting.

The one that real sells them for me, is that I can trust the Reds not to bullshit me. While the Reds are brutally blunt with things and will often tell you exactly what they want, the Golds snake their way around and manipulate things to their favor. Whether through deceit or sucking some dick, the Golds try to to avoid hard answers. The other reason? The Golds flat out want to kill all the Red Myr (Or at least have a mini genocide). The Reds dont want to kill EVERYTHING (maybe just the Queens), just dismantle an enemy government to get rid of what they see as a corrupted Matriarchy (Which, lets be real, the Golds reek with corruption).

Myrellion is riddled with controversy and we can be here for hours (which we already have) talking about it.

In the end though there isnt gonna be a definitive answer to whats right here, only what our perspectives decide for us.

When a war starts, no sides are Good, they all are Evil.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Honestly siding with the reds also hurts xenogen and makes the golds like you, and by extension Steele Tech, more. So access to the minerals near the playable areas of Myrellion and deep in the red territory are likely to become much easier and cheaper for our company to grab.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
The problem with the medical slavery that the reds are up to being an issue is that it's not a universally supported thing with the Reds. The high command is split on the issue and the only reason they started doing it in the first place was because they were the side that actually bothered to take prisoners to begin with.

The split doesn't seem very even considering you can't take two steps anywhere reds are without bumping into trench wives and most of the reds you run into have them.

The Reds keep prisoners. The Golds do not.

What do you mean? Leive was a gold prisoner.

They have too many prisoners of war but they are indeed alive and "fine".

If drug addicted sex slavery is what you consider "fine" I really hate to think of what counts as "hurt" to you.

then I can say black people were slaves once in America and with time, society grew up and hoop la not slaves anymore. So why cant that happen here? That's even to say that the Reds keep them as slaves after the war, they dont have problems with other races joining, and there are Gold Myr who are happily living in the Federation. We cant be sure till full closure of the planet in general..

The issue is not whether they will stay slaves forever. Absolutely no one looks back at the slavery years in America and goes "Yeah, but eventually they weren't slaves anymore so it was totally fine." They look back at the time when slaaves were a thing with disgust and horror. The difference being that was the past, and in this game it's the present. I you went back in time and walked around the slave fields would you be like "eh, no big deal, they won't be slaves forever" or would you be horrified at what was happening to these people?

and in terms of galactic perspective, they are the underdogs for the uplifting.

Underdogs? They have basically taken over the entire planet. Of the two the golds are way more deserving of that title than the reds.

The Golds flat out want to kill all the Red Myr (Or at least have a mini genocide). The Reds dont want to kill EVERYTHING (maybe just the Queens), just dismantle an enemy government to get rid of what they see as a corrupted Matriarchy (Which, lets be real, the Golds reek with corruption).

Who said that? The only gold I talked to that said anything similar was the one queen who was basically saying the only way there could be eternal peace is either if all the red died OR there was a massive shift in their government.

The reds are the one's who wanted to nuke an entire city full of civilians and WOULD HAVE if the aliens didn't show up. And they wanted to murder golds in cold blood when they would have been their defeated prisoners.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Again, a small handful do not represent the whole. I may be wrong, but I recall someone, somewhere, in game or not, stating that Sellera is only in her position cuz she's good at her job despite being a bit too zealous about her gold murderboner.

Also, wasn't it the golds that created the first nuke?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Also, wasn't it the golds that created the first nuke?
No, that was the reds. The golds were happy when the spacers came and put in a cease fire because it allowed them to catch up to the reds and create their own nukes, creating the MAD situation.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
No, that was the reds. The golds were happy when the spacers came and put in a cease fire because it allowed them to catch up to the reds and create their own nukes, creating the MAD situation.

I think it has been mentioned inside the game that the golds were the first do deploy chemical weapons, maybe that caused the mix-up..

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
Again, a small handful do not represent the whole. I may be wrong, but I recall someone, somewhere, in game or not, stating that Sellera is only in her position cuz she's good at her job despite being a bit too zealous about her gold murderboner.

Well, that seems to be enough for the red apologists, but even if all the rest of the reds feel differently, and I doubt it, they still stuck a murder happy gold hater in a high ranking military position right on the border of the last gold city. So that's either not caring about her bloodlust, agreeing with her bloodlust, or a fantastic level of incompetence.

And even if Leive and Mama Murder are the only two who hold those ideals in the federation that's still a teeny tiny point among the ocean of red fuckery.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
The split doesn't seem very even considering you can't take two steps anywhere reds are without bumping into trench wives and most of the reds you run into have them.

1. What do you mean? Leive was a gold prisoner.

2. If drug addicted sex slavery is what you consider "fine" I really hate to think of what counts as "hurt" to you.

3. The issue is not whether they will stay slaves forever. Absolutely no one looks back at the slavery years in America and goes "Yeah, but eventually they weren't slaves anymore so it was totally fine." They look back at the time when slaaves were a thing with disgust and horror. The difference being that was the past, and in this game it's the present. I you went back in time and walked around the slave fields would you be like "eh, no big deal, they won't be slaves forever" or would you be horrified at what was happening to these people?

4. Underdogs? They have basically taken over the entire planet. Of the two the golds are way more deserving of that title than the reds.

5. Who said that? The only gold I talked to that said anything similar was the one queen who was basically saying the only way there could be eternal peace is either if all the red died OR there was a massive shift in their government.

6. The reds are the one's who wanted to nuke an entire city full of civilians and WOULD HAVE if the aliens didn't show up. And they wanted to murder golds in cold blood when they would have been their defeated prisoners.

Im gonna answer each statement by assigning a number to each one, so look at the quote and see what i numbered.

1. Your gonna have to quote where that is stated, but if that is so then its an exception to the point. I can name a lot of Prisoners that the Reds have, i struggle with the Golds Prisoners.

2. You COMPLETELY misunderstand what I said and meant by "fine". If i meant it as you think i did, wouldnt have put it in quotes. I under no fucking circumstance think its fine, and that whole thing is one of the major reasons i almost took a neutral position on the war but due to other key reasons I still side with the Feds. So thanks for making me sound like an asshole. The quotes more or less meant that they are not dead. Suffering can apply here to the issue though. Yes most Golds are suffering, which YES is a BAD thing, and whether it is due to the conditions of their situation or the Red Venom/Trench Wives problem, but they arent being executed or tortured, which is probably what the Golds would do.

3. Hindsight is a weird thing, and yes my reasoning is more than likely flawed on this point, but that doesnt shake the fact that we dont know completely what it means to be a Federation prisoner. Now before you go and say a bunch of examples, like some Reds selling them to the Tarrach and Trench Wives existing, we only see a minority of the issue. We probably only see a 1/16 of the planet, and this little part is filled with malice and tension, from both sides. Im not saying that the actions of what we see from the Reds to the Golds are completely justified, just that we dont have a complete understanding of what is going on with the other parts of planet and how this issue is being handled there. We see the worst here in Gildemere and the DMZ, doesnt mean its like that everywhere else.

4. You misunderstand what I meant by Underdog. The Reds have pretty much won the war. One push, whether by nuke or an assault , and they finish the war. What I meant by Underdog, is that the UGC, Xenogen, and most other galactic viewers on the situation of Myrellion, mostly side with the Golds. Whether this is due to the pity card being used or the very REAL fact that the Golds are manipulating their "Saviors" into mostly siding with them, with dick sucking and *cough* Honeyed Words *cough* the Golds have a lot of favor with the outside perspective. Our good ol Peacekeepers cam with enough bribing, reverse the state of this war to favor the Golds. To the perspective of the outside forces from the galaxy on Myrellion, the Reds are viewed as the bad guys and most favor the Golds. This 100% makes them an Underdog in this situation, not an Underdog to the war, but an Underdog to which side gets the favor of the offworlders.

5. This is a dual thing with both sides. The Golds REALLY hate the Reds, and the Reds REALLY hate the Golds. But from what you can gather from the Reds, only a possible chunk of their High Command want the Queens specifically dead or, like we see with the Merchant Queen, just want them out of power. If the Reds REALLY wanted all the Golds dead, they would kill all of them, starting with the prisoners of war. But to our knowledge, they haven't killed any of them (not saying they havent) and would be completely fine with them joining the Federation and attaining Citizenship, as long as the Queens are dead or not in a position of power. This is a matter power and not race.

Now we have direct Quotes from a Queen, that say they want all the Reds dead. And this Queen, happens to be the one that is communicating (And fucking) the most of us offworlders, which are hanging literal bombs over both species. Based on that, Irellia has A LOT of power in the Golds matriarchy, and she is the one who want them all dead. Irellia no longer believes that a peaceful solution can be reached and just wants a complete Genocide to solve the problem.

6. Yes, they wanted to nuke the last city the Golds have. Using their first ever nuke, that they haven't used before. If I was to view at our history again and compare it to Myrellion's, this is ALMOST an identical match with the end of WW2. America didnt need to bomb Hiroshima, they couldve just stormed the entire country. This though would result in more American deaths and their government didnt want to have their blood shed any longer. So they asked Japan to surrender, when they said no (or just refused to answer) the bomb was dropped, killing many civilians in a way of forcing Japan's hand in surrendering. The key difference with this and Myrellions situation however, is that this is the last city the Golds have. If they bombed the city everything would end there. 95% assured that the war would end. They would do that to save more lives on their side at the cost to the amount of Gold Civilians of one city. On the Golds side of things, Irellia wants to bomb all the Red's cities and also wants the offworlders to bomb EACH city the Reds own as well, saving the Golds the trouble, this would result in the Golds killing RED CIVILIANS as well.

Both sides are guilty of this threat, you cant justify either side here. Both sides are in the wrong. The only way to view this situation is in technicalities. The Reds want to bomb ONE city to end the war completely. The Golds want to bomb all the Red Cities to end the war completely. Id like you to tell me, which one would result in more innocent deaths? Unless you view each individual Red Myr as soulless monsters bent on death and destruction of an entire race, Golds killing civilians are unavoidable. So dont put the Golds on a moral pedestal when the same damn thing would happen if the situation was reversed.

Both Sides are Evil, Ive said this Twice at least. They both do Evil things, they both do good things, they both have problems. This is what war does, it can make good people do bad things in the name of something they may not even understand. And regardless of whichever each side's position is on the war map, they both would do the same damn thing to each other, save for a few changes.

If the situation was reversed, do you really think we'd be having a different conversation? No, it would be the same, save for what color is on top. Choosing a side here, is a matter of preference, not what morals are at play here.

Its War. Any side of a war would commit atrocities to win, and save as many people on their side as they can. We really shouldnt even be holding one side over the other. Cause in the end after viewing everything there is to be about this whole situuation, the only difference here.... Is the color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos and Emerald

Zavos

May 7, 2016
But to our knowledge, they haven't killed any of them (not saying they havent) and would be completely fine with them joining the Federation and attaining Citizenship, as long as the Queens are dead or not in a position of power.
They are fine with it. Anyone, including golds, Nyrea and offworlders, can gain federation citizenship (inc. voting rights) through joining the federation's millitary for a period of time. (Source: Savin, discord)

Theoretically, even a gold queen can gain citizenship and rise through the ranks, though combat positions would likely be closed off to these perpetually pregnant individuals.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
I don't care who started it, who was in the wrong when, and all that other crap. What matters here is that someone eventually stop all this ridiculousness so all the sexy ant waifus can stop fighting and get to what really matters~.

I'm too much of a bleeding heart-goody two-shoes to join one side or another completely.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I don't care who started it, who was in the wrong when, and all that other crap. What matters here is that someone eventually stop all this ridiculousness so all the sexy ant waifus can stop fighting and get to what really matters~.

I'm too much of a bleeding heart-goody two-shoes to join one side or another completely.
Sry to burst your bubble, but a neutral ending would lead to a permanent cold war. Which would likely end up in a neclear apocolpyse a generation down the line. Neither can live while the other survives.

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Sry to burst your bubble, but a neutral ending would lead to a permanent cold war. Which would likely end up in a neclear apocolpyse a generation down the line. Neither can live while the other survives.

This is also another reason why I think that Myrellion as a whole, would benefit from a Red Victory more. The Reds wont kill all the Golds if they win, just forcefully absorb them into the Federation.Which is a bit bad Ill admit, but that has a significant reduction in casualties compared to the Golds winning the way they want to.

I do have petty reasons for liking the Red's more, the color, the 2 arms (Yes im an asshole there), actually having a vag that I comprehend(Yep, still an asshole) but I also have really good reasons for siding with the Federation, I think I've gone over them in a previous post.

But when it comes down to the War itself, the best ending is fundamentally the one with the least amount of casualties. Peace would be simply be a longer ceasefire and result in, like Zevos and many other people in this thread have said, a Cold War which is terrible and WILL end in global devastation. Mutually Assured Destruction and all that. The Hybridization ending, at least to me, is a pipe dream. I cant see it working. I believe I dont need to explain what the Gold Victory entails.

"Neither can live while the other survives." Great quote, but that can be avoided if one joins the other to survive.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Damn..... I havent read Harry Potter in years, I swore I heard it from somewhere else.

Doesnt change it being a good quote, that just puts a little MAGIC into it. (Ha ha ha..... kill me)

Reactions: Zavos

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The Reds wont kill all the Golds if they win, just forcefully absorb them into the Federation.Which is a bit bad Ill admit, but that has a significant reduction in casualties compared to the Golds winning the way they want to.

Exporting the gold myr from the planet and resettling them elsewhere is also an option, albeit one that ensures they'll be the cocksleeves of the kui-tan forever. Whatever, I don't give enough of a shit about the golds to mind. I do somewhat more mind that it leads to the red myr controlling the planet, because I really do loathe them, but as far as minimizing casualties, it's certainly better than saying "oh, let's just let the reds finish their ethnic cleansing, it's the peaceful option".

Honestly, though, I don't want any of the endings because I actually want to play them. I just want the endings so we can move on to whatever story planet comes next, because I got tired of arguing about Myrellion over two years ago.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Letting the Golds win also makes them the cocksleeves of the Kui-tan forever. Also not sure what evidence there is that the golds will get wiped out if the reds take their last city. Especially given that they've been taking far more prisoners than the golds ever bothered to even try to take and the gold queen that is still alive in the red territory despite one of the more extreme gold-haters we've met being in charge of the city.

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
Letting the Golds win also makes them the cocksleeves of the Kui-tan forever. Also not sure what evidence there is that the golds will get wiped out if the reds take their last city. Especially given that they've been taking far more prisoners than the golds ever bothered to even try to take and the gold queen that is still alive in the red territory despite one of the more extreme gold-haters we've met being in charge of the city.

Kinda what I have been saying, you just managed to put it into fewer words then me.

............ Im too fucking invested in this game damn.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
In the end, would be like the Ottoman conquest of the Byzantine Empire, then. Greeks/Rhomanians forced to live under a foreign rule, most of the time as second-class citizens in a millet-like system, unless they bend to their conquerors wills and customs.

The Golds would be probably subjected to a 'tax in blood', their youngs being taken to serve in the Red Army.

Again mimicking the Balkanic scenario, that would lead to a foreign empire, to intercede and 'liberate' the Golds, as the Tsarist Russia did with Greece, to gain a loyal puppet state in the planet.

Reactions: Couch