Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
You could just take the probe and leave. You don't HAVE to play Space Jesus or Space Satan there. The only people you HAVE to talk to there are Juro and Lyralla and then you can haul ass through Gildenmere, into No Myr's Land, duck into the Deep Caves and either play nice or rough with the Nyrea village there. If you still have the Plat 190, you may not even have to pick a single fight.

You'd lose out on a bad ass shield, tho.

Reactions: ShySquare

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Honestly if the Nyrea had any hope of actually conquering shit, I might side with them. I'm quite fond of my little queen.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
awakening childbearing capabilities in regular golds
Except that, awakening that in a normal goldie would turn her into a queen. That's how the Gold myr apparently works; with fertility being tied to growing really big getting a second row of boobs and abdomen optimizing to pump out eggs.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Except that, awakening that in a normal goldie would turn her into a queen. That's how the Gold myr apparently works; with fertility being tied to growing really big getting a second row of boobs and abdomen optimizing to pump out eggs.
:catte: Exactly. Only queens have voting rights.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
The Federation specifically tries not to kill Gold queens; hence why there's the Merchant Queen in the city, and the entire point behind FederationQuest. They are strongly opposed to the Gold's form of government, but they didn't come into the war for genocide.

Because the golds would revolt, not because they don't want to. In fact, both Leive and, I believe, the general chick have specifically said they would like nothing more than to execute them all. They leave them alone because the golds would freak the hell out if they killed them.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Because the golds would revolt, not because they don't want to. In fact, both Leive and, I believe, the general chick have specifically said they would like nothing more than to execute them all. They leave them alone because the golds would freak the hell out if they killed them.
Two characters, one who suffered tremendously and one who's... let's say a few screws short of a properly affixed lightbulb to the shed's ceiling, these two out of the millions we've not encountered.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Everyone has suffered, it's a war.

Moreover, things we haven't seen don't count. We're told red myr are supposedly very restrained in the use of their venom, something that's supposed to make them better than the golds with their use of synthetic chemical weapons. In practice, nearly every sexable red myr uses their venom constantly and often without permission, so the claim rings hollow.

Reactions: SorenMageofMareth

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
:catte: Exactly. Only queens have voting rights.
I was under the impression all goldies could vote but they'll for the most part vote for stuff their mother stands for.

But your reply unrelated to what i said. My point being that your solution would only create more of what you are trying to get rid off. A practice in futility.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
There is; it's going to be the first thing done for Myrellion after FedQuest.

How much of the FedQuest is done? Or is it currently not in development?

I have the feeling there are currently more completly new content that expansions, but then again that could be fueld by personal impatience :D

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Fed quest just got finished coding. It's gonna be in the next public patch from what I've heard.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
Two characters, one who suffered tremendously and one who's... let's say a few screws short of a properly affixed lightbulb to the shed's ceiling, these two out of the millions we've not encountered.

As was said before, everyone is suffering. Only the reds are talking about putting people up against a wall and executing them.

The thing with the reds vs golds as far as I have seen is the golds problems are seem to be tied heavily into their queens. The reds problems are rampant through their entire society, at least the society we've been exposed to. So I see no reason to think those "millions we don't see" are in anyway different.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I was under the impression all goldies could vote but they'll for the most part vote for stuff their mother stands for.
Gold queens possess voting power based on the number of children they have.

A good metaphor is that gold queens are unelected, tenured american congressman. A queen's constituents have no power, regulatory or otherwise, over the queens that theoretically are supposed to represent them. Because of this, corruption and lack of concern for constituents is highly probable.

@Fenoxo Can queens loose votes from their children, or can regular Gold Myr redistribute their vote to a queen other than their mother?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Everyone has suffered, it's a war.

Moreover, things we haven't seen don't count. We're told red myr are supposedly very restrained in the use of their venom, something that's supposed to make them better than the golds with their use of synthetic chemical weapons. In practice, nearly every sexable red myr uses their venom constantly and often without permission, so the claim rings hollow.

Anzhela seems disturbed by the rampant venom use and is pretty damn hostile to the idea of trench wives. She derides High Command for treating it like a 'necessary evil'. Lieve tries to spin it as saving lives, but Mayren is stoned out of her mind and Sierva only seems to be holding on to the hope of seeing her lover again.

That freaking quest ending is dissonant as heck, something that ends on a downer shouldn't have something like 'You gained xxx experience points!' as the end point.

There's also the fact that it doesn't seem like the golds used chem weapons until Kressia (RE: oh shit! we need to do something to stop them!) and it STILL didn't work. According to the Codex, both sides used Cockvines to instill terror on the other side. I keep thinking Australia and rabbits... but these rabbits HUMP you. :<

I could go on and on forever about this.

Reactions: valkyr42

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well i went around talking to most everyone on Myrellion who would talk about the war and things seem to be solidly "she said, she said" about how the whole war started. Though I can't say that I'm all that fond of the golds

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I'm siding with Golds not because I like them on particular, but because they're the lesser of two evils. The mindset (and venom) of the reds is too noxious to galaxy's well-being.

It's less of 'the Golds don't deserve losing' and more of 'the Reds don't deserve winning'. I picture them like the Byzantines (Golds) and Turks (Reds). Gold's fall would be catastrophic, not only for them, but for the nyrea and bothrioc, as the red would seek their anhhilation.

Again, if we stick to the facts, where are the clues to the Gold athrocities? Most are reds telling so, and the others are the late use chemical weapon of and the threat of nukes as last resort. The gold myr orgy can count as something forced, but so is Lieve's venom
Red ones? Let's check:

Who subjects their prisioners to a life of mind-slavery?
The Reds, and the bothrioc, to an extent.
Who sells their prisioners as slave-stock?
The Reds.
Who claimed being hunted for being different, while seeking the desctuction of rival races?
The Reds.
Who kidnaps foreign spacers?
The Reds.
Who also used chemical weapons, even when they're winning?
The Reds.
Who seeked to harm an orange infant, daugther of one of their own, so her mother had to escape of the planet?
The Reds.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Gold's fall would be catastrophic, not only for them, but for the nyrea and bothrioc, as the red would seek their anhhilation.
Large numbers of the Nyrea have integrated into the red's empire, and have been for some time. It's mentioned that they have massive cities over in the Federation, with some even in the red army. Ara Kei also doesn't mention any sort of "impending doom" if the reds win. Neither of those races would be overly effected if the golds were to lose.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Large numbers of the Nyrea have integrated into the red's empire, and have been for some time. It's mentioned that they have massive cities over in the Federation, with some even in the red army. Ara Kei also doesn't mention any sort of "impending doom" if the reds win. Neither of those races would be overly effected if the golds were to lose.

Serbs and Wallachians worked under the Turk army. Some of them were granted with cities and nobiliary titles. That didn't stopped the Turk army from destroying their countries and absorbing their territories, killing anyone who stood in the middle, like Vlad Tepes.

The usable term for those Nyrea, and some of the Gold in the same situation, is collaborationist. No better than Vichy-supporting French or Japan-supporting Koreans during WWII.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Serbs and Wallachians worked under the Turk army. Some of them were granted with cities and nobiliary titles. That didn't stopped the Turk army from destroying their countries and absorbing their territories, killing anyone who stood in the middle, like Vlad Tepes.
Yeah, ok, but that has literally nothing to do with Myrellion, and neither the Nyrea or the Bothrioc are in the way of the reds.

EDIT: None of the reds have so much as mentioned those two as factions they'd need to attack, let alone completely destroy.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Who assures you that all of the Nyrea and Bothrioc would be happy under Red's rule? And even if you were right, that's only one point on my list.

I undestand that you are obviously red biased, but still, consider at least another point: kidnapping spacers. Golds never did something as what Reds did to Fazian. The closest thing is the Gold orgy, and while a bit forced, is nowhere as dark and unethical.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I think your all over thinking things, Shit happens with everyone. No one is good or evil, people are nice or their dicks. It matters not what gender or race. In the end we are all the same. If the red win prisoners of war are no longer needed so they'll have to fix that, and there society is all about being a worriers so in times of peace they're going to have to make social and political changes. If the gold win well I'm fairly certain a queen mentioned she wants to slotter the reds so I don't know how much things will change if they win. People think the gold have the moral high ground but keep in mind they're not ones for change. I don't think they would ever understand the red as they are or equal. Hence creating more potential for war.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Who assures you that all of the Nyrea and Bothrioc would be happy under Red's rule? And even if you were right, that's only one point on my list.

I undestand that you are obviously red biased, but still, consider at least another point: kidnapping spacers. Golds never did something as what Reds did to Fazian. The closest thing is the Gold orgy, and while a bit forced, is nowhere as dark and unethical.
>I'm obviously red biased
Dude. You're looking at an awfully small picture if you think I'm biased towards the reds.

I know that's only one point on your list, it's the one that I felt was incorrect with how the reds are depicted.

Nothing assures me that any of the Nyrea or Bothrioc would be happy under the red's rule, but it's been repeatedly stated that both minor groups have been coexisting with the reds for long enough that they aren't going to just turn around and try to genocide them out of existence, or anything similar.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Honestly the Golds winning feels like that they and the Reds, assuming that they don't suffer some awful fate, would be doomed to be the bitches of Xenogen and the Kui-tan for a good couple of centuries at the minimum. At least the Reds are sensibly paranoid of the galaxy at large.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Honestly the Golds winning feels like that they and the Reds, assuming that they don't suffer some awful fate, would be doomed to be the bitches of Xenogen and the Kui-tan for a good couple of centuries at the minimum. At least the Reds are sensibly paranoid of the galaxy at large.
I think the golds have enough corrupt leaders to have a reasonable idea of how shitty the universe greater can be. It shouldn't be lost that they're quite deliberately schmoozing the UGC rep and xenogen in order to get their all-powerful support for whatever treaty gets drawn up. Not to mention that the threat of glassing clearly favors the golds as reds are poised to survive WW-Z and golds aren't. They are fully aware that without the horrible universe, they are completely and thoroughly fucked.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I think the golds have enough corrupt leaders to have a reasonable idea of how shitty the universe greater can be. It shouldn't be lost that they're quite deliberately schmoozing the UGC rep and xenogen in order to get their all-powerful support for whatever treaty gets drawn up. Not to mention that the threat of glassing clearly favors the golds as reds are poised to survive WW-Z and golds aren't. They are fully aware that without the horrible universe, they are completely and thoroughly fucked.
Being aware of how shitty the universe is doesn't help the golds in this case. Their only options, as far as I can tell, are the following; they submit to the reds and the gold queens lose power depending on if they can pull deals like the merchant lady, but overall aren't in political positions anymore; they suck the cocks of the Kui-tan and Xenogen long and hard enough that they influence the talks so the reds are essentially forced to surrender or something to the golds and win the planet for the privilege of having the literal and figurative bitches of xenogen and the kui-tan for basically forever as the kui-tan plan to colonize the planet, though xenogen might lose interest after a while; everyone dies in nuclear fire and then kinetic bombardment. The reds at the very least are in a much better position to bargain Xenogen down and completely block the Kui-tan from establishing colonies.

Also going over the Kui-tan diplomat's dialogue again I found that apparently our company is sendings a space station to Myrellion, to replace the fleet that's just idling up in orbit i think. Kinda wonder what having the highest ground there is means in discussions when we're poised to take over the company whenever the fuck this scavenger hunt ends.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
I think your all over thinking things, Shit happens with everyone. No one is good or evil, people are nice or their dicks.

I mean, maybe to a point. But someone who likes setting children on fire and stepping on small animals is evil. You can hide behind another label if you really want, but evil works just fine for me in that case. The reds have done more than enough to earn an evil title. If they wer ein any other fantasy story they would be the clear villains. They are doing worse stuff than some literal super villains do.

If the red win prisoners of war are no longer needed so they'll have to fix that,

They need to fix that regardless. It shouldn't have happened in the first place, and a huge chunk of the damage is already done.

People think the gold have the moral high ground but keep in mind they're not ones for change.

I don't think it's as much the golds (at least the queens) are "moral" it's more that while the golds have done things that are bad, the reds have treated it almost like a competition in who can be more horrible and have won that race by an outstanding margin.

I don't think they would ever understand the red as they are or equal. Hence creating more potential for war.

The reds literally treat golds like sex objects and make them into sex slaves, and you think the golds are the one's having trouble seeing the other side as equal?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Wait, what? I don't remember hearing of that? Where'd you see this?

Myr Hibridization quest. When delivering the data chit to Juro, he comments the case of a red Myr soldier that seeked his help to protect her hybrid baby, since both sides looked at her as an abomination, and some of her people tried to harm them.