Lilith's Throne (Early Alpha)

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I sadly still have Vista 32 bit and that's why I'm using the Java SE version 8 update 171. It was working perfectly though and I dunno if it was the latest update that did it but I've been searching for hours over the past days trying solutions so I can play the game. The command console pops up for a second, disappears and then nothing more after double clicking it. Noticed even the game icon doesn't show anymore. Tried jarfix and command prompt but didn't fix the issue.

I tried installing the 64 bit for Windows to see if it'd even let me but no. I'm trying to remember if maybe I fucked with anything or accidentally changed any settings but for the life of me I can't think of what it could've been if it was something I did.

Hope one of you can help me figure this out though. Thanks.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Have you tried the 32-bit .exe version? If that doesn't work I'm afraid you'l need a new operating system. As I said before, you could try installing Ubuntu, maybe not as the main operating system, but as an emulation, or as dual boot if your computer is too slow for emulation.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
Have you tried the 32-bit .exe version? If that doesn't work I'm afraid you'l need a new operating system. As I said before, you could try installing Ubuntu, maybe not as the main operating system, but as an emulation, or as dual boot if your computer is too slow for emulation.

Looking to see if there's a 32 bit one since it's not listed on that page. OS doesn't seem to be the problem here with this game. Something went wrong with Java it seems. Thanks again for reminding about that though. I should bookmark it.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Looking to see if there's a 32 bit one since it's not listed on that page. OS doesn't seem to be the problem here with this game. Something went wrong with Java it seems. Thanks again for reminding about that though. I should bookmark it.
I mean the game has a 32-bit exe version here.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
I mean the game has a 32-bit exe version here.

Oh! Yeah, I tried that too after the issue began. It worked for a session and then it stopped. Tried it with new version of the game too. I'll should give it another try though since I've been attempting solutions and shit. See if anything changed.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
Yeah, downloaded the full folder 32 bit one especially since I saw the java folder included. Still won't open.

Exception in Application start method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$154(LauncherImpl.java:182)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javafx.fxml.LoadException:
file:/C:/Users/lonelynation/Documents/Games/Lilith's%20Throne/Lilith_s%20Throne%20v0.2.4%20(32-bit%20exe%20version)/LT.exe!/com/lilithsthrone/res/fxml/main.fxml:44

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2579)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
at com.lilithsthrone.main.Main.start(Main.java:470)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$161(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$174(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$172(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$173(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at javafx.fxml.JavaFXBuilder$ObjectBuilder.build(JavaFXBuilderFactory.java:278)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ValueElement.processEndElement(FXMLLoader.java:763)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.processEndElement(FXMLLoader.java:2823)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2532)
... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javafx.fxml.JavaFXBuilder$ObjectBuilder.build(JavaFXBuilderFactory.java:270)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\lonelynation\Documents\Games\Lilith's Throne\Lilith_s Throne v0.2.4 (32-bit exe version)\jre1.8.0_172\bin\jfxwebkit.dll: The specified procedure could not be found
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.utils.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryFullPath(NativeLibLoader.java:201)
at com.sun.glass.utils.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:94)
at com.sun.glass.utils.NativeLibLoader.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:39)
at com.sun.webkit.WebPage.lambda$static$39(WebPage.java:131)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.webkit.WebPage.<clinit>(WebPage.java:130)
at javafx.scene.web.WebEngine.<init>(WebEngine.java:881)
at javafx.scene.web.WebEngine.<init>(WebEngine.java:868)
at javafx.scene.web.WebView.<init>(WebView.java:273)
at javafx.scene.web.WebViewBuilder.build(WebViewBuilder.java:60)
... 25 more
Exception running application com.lilithsthrone.main.Main

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
I sadly still have Vista 32 bit and that's why I'm using the Java SE version 8 update 171. It was working perfectly though and I dunno if it was the latest update that did it but I've been searching for hours over the past days trying solutions so I can play the game. The command console pops up for a second, disappears and then nothing more after double clicking it. Noticed even the game icon doesn't show anymore. Tried jarfix and command prompt but didn't fix the issue.

I tried installing the 64 bit for Windows to see if it'd even let me but no. I'm trying to remember if maybe I fucked with anything or accidentally changed any settings but for the life of me I can't think of what it could've been if it was something I did.

Hope one of you can help me figure this out though. Thanks.

Ah, yeah ok. Sadly, Oracle decided to be cunts and stopped caring about 32 bits operating systems (while Java is supposed to be cross-platform hurr durr).
I have sent your error.log to Innoxia in the hope that she knows how to fix it.

Reactions: partnerintime

MadGenuis

Apr 29, 2018
Still trying to get the game to spot the "res" folder... Any ideas as to why the game would fail to generate an error.log? Maybe that's a clue as to its other problem. It's not that it can't find the "data" folder, I know that much - it stores saves in there just fine - but I feel like I'm running out of things to try on my own.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
You could try to launch the game via a command prompt, I recall you're a Linux user, therefore you should know how to navigate to your folder.

To launch your jar, simply type in :
Code:
java -jar name.jar
and it there are any errors while trying to create the error.log (which it should, theorically), then it will be written in the command prompt

MadGenuis

Apr 29, 2018
That is how I've launched it, but the command prompt doesn't return any errors either. Interestingly (maybe, maybe not) the command prompt will only run the .jar if I give it the full path to the file (so "java -jar 'path/to/Lilith'\''s Throne/LilithsThrone_0_2_4.jar' "), returning "Error: Unable to access jarfile LilithsThrone_0_2_4.jar" if I type only "java -jar LilithsThrone_0_2_4.jar". Once again debugging appears to be foiled by things being determined to pretend that they're working as intended.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
@partnerintime Apparently, it might be an issue with the packaging of the 32 bits version, Innoxia is looking into it, you're not the only one having issues with the 32 bits version. I'll come back as soon as I have some news.

Late evening edit : Innoxia has built the 32 bits again and it works on her side, could you try to download it again?

Last edited:

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
32 bit programs tend to bind because they try to multithread on a single 64 bit cpu...vs two cpu or more. This is a java/jar class problem. Never was addressed. Programmers assumed everyone would eventually move to 64 bit and figured the OS would handle multi-threading calls and management.

partnerintime

Sep 10, 2017
MI
@partnerintime Apparently, it might be an issue with the packaging of the 32 bits version, Innoxia is looking into it, you're not the only one having issues with the 32 bits version. I'll come back as soon as I have some news.

Late evening edit : Innoxia has built the 32 bits again and it works on her side, could you try to download it again?

Ugh, I was so excited that this was it but no it's still not opening for me. My virus protection detected it when I clicked it open though and then I made sure it was not blocked or anything. There's no error log file in this one for me so I can't share what it says this time. Also it wasn't just the 32-bit download that I'm having problems with. The regular jar download is the same as well. It's just not opening or showing for me. Still think it's Java related. Nothing else makes much sense. I even restored my system to a week ago to see if that would solve anything. Nada.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Ugh, I was so excited that this was it but no it's still not opening for me. My virus protection detected it when I clicked it open though and then I made sure it was not blocked or anything. There's no error log file in this one for me so I can't share what it says this time. Also it wasn't just the 32-bit download that I'm having problems with. The regular jar download is the same as well. It's just not opening or showing for me. Still think it's Java related. Nothing else makes much sense. I even restored my system to a week ago to see if that would solve anything. Nada.
Check your private messages please :)

Reactions: partnerintime

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
Okay bugs I noticed in this last iteration of LT.

Buy ten dye markers and you can dye everything and not lose any. Go over and still don't lose dye pens. Sold down to five and bug persisted. Seems to be triggered by 10 markers.

Spell books- read them and they don't go away. I can resell them for partial or let my slave/companion read them.

Water spell missing- the heal health aura power etc- it's not available at arcane store.
Elementals are damn powerful. Based off arcane vs level of caster. Maybe adjust them for encounters?
Lust elemental tried to do melee vs teases. Fire elemental did more teases than fire magic. But a simple feather spell when I had fire E up blew away a high hp demon in one shot.

Ally/companion- randomly attacked me vs enemy. Tried this with a very loyal companion/love/obedient etc and a fresh slave. Both did this. Usually first attack round companion hit me, but effects went to the enemy. Dmg stayed with me.

Doing another new character to test the above again. If you need save game let me know, please.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Is there going to be a way to skip the mechanical sex system? I'm talking about generic sex with no-name NPCs.

No offense, but this is the same criticism I posited at New Life back in the day: when you have a fully fleshed out sex mechanic it becomes trite and boring after a while. Just give me dem arcane points let me be on my way.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Okay bugs I noticed in this last iteration of LT.

Spell books- read them and they don't go away. I can resell them for partial or let my slave/companion read them.

Water spell missing- the heal health aura power etc- it's not available at arcane store.
Elementals are damn powerful. Based off arcane vs level of caster. Maybe adjust them for encounters?
Lust elemental tried to do melee vs teases. Fire elemental did more teases than fire magic. But a simple feather spell when I had fire E up blew away a high hp demon in one shot.

Thank you for reporting the various bugs you found, these two have been fixed in the 0.2.4.5 but the I'll add the other two to the bug list !

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Is there going to be a way to skip the mechanical sex system? I'm talking about generic sex with no-name NPCs.

No offense, but this is the same criticism I posited at New Life back in the day: when you have a fully fleshed out sex mechanic it becomes trite and boring after a while. Just give me dem arcane points let me be on my way.

Well, you can also buy the essence you need, but I see your point of wanting to get essence in a less grindy way. While I don't think you'll be able to bypass the sex scenes themselves because.. That's the selling point of Lilith's Throne, I suppose that at some point, you'll be able to earn essences in another way.

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
Bio Juice- expensive as heck. Sells for a lot. I got on a sq that just coughed up lillith's tears and bio juices for like 8 explores n a row... it was like someone's treasure trove.

Finding someone's hideaway under city might make for a story line opportunity- little girl (what?Not a full adult?) or a succubi-imp hybrid who ran afoul of of experiments and ended up more human than expected and looking like a child? Mind is mostly gone. Just her and her teddy bear...but locals protect her. // adoption route (not a slave- maybe give a room like main quest guy) n home and try to raise her w/o corruption and limit arcane? (her arcane is zero too?) // raising her right might be a way for player to lower corruption and lead to a new quest line w/angels? Can demonkin become holy? Would lead outside city to old ruins you need to clear and sanctify? Or Corrupt?

Children of your own (birthed by or fathered by) might have an option to move in w/Mom-Dad? This would give a weak initial companion for player that's non-magical and actually adores them to start. Of course you'd have to pay for their room, clothing and any fines for trouble with the enforcers.

Also if wearing enforcer gear should be able to bypass the security guard and go deeper into building. Charm and Sex only get you so far w/law. A uniform in a place where faces and features change storm by storm? That doesn't change and its magic would be recognized. So new girl/guy acceptance? (call you rookie and if you did calm harpy mission, they remember you slightly and might even give you a commendation. ) This could lead to removing corruption in force (the criminal kind) - ie someone selling prisoners as slaves to make a profit, bypassing the city's limited legal arm... or actually taking job as a freelance cop to clear up trade problems just outside city. Break up a den of thieves (are your kids involved?) etc... chance here for branching storylines... could be mirrored in the corrupt version of character vying for control of undercity and smuggling/slavery.

Costs for elementals is still unbalanced to effects vs player level. Think Player level + Arcane/10 rounded up w/max of 20 until higher level elemental or arcane is reached (ie thresholds of 50 75 and 100?) This makes them useful as well as a tool. And not game breaking in early game.
Ie if someone say lvl 6 goes down into undercity and manages to loot 3-4 bio juices? they easily can buy the spell books for elementals.
Suggest fix- Elemental summons shouldn't be able to be used until player manages to master ONE or TWO spells in that same element. Ie buy all the subspells boosters for that spell. For fire Fireball, flash, cloak etc... need fully empowered before you can begin to learn how to summon an elemental of that element. And then limit as above??

Also - need a way to save/store elemental books magics like Essences - ie if you earned or bought too many and can't use them anymore in that element. A way to make empowerment potions (make a lab in home for alchemy?( Need Tester /Changer Fetish?) and to have altered at least 20-50 potions and used them on self or others?)
Library you could add a magical study section where you put used spell books. You can assign your librarian to collate the info. Also assign your slaves to study here in library for an hour a day vs doing work outs (should be mutually exclusive).
I made one of my cat slaves arctic white (ie white w/fur that fades to light blue) and made her arcane potions to empower her. Taught her ice spells to help me in fights. But the combat bug where they attack me and hit the enemy but effects are me or target seems random- is this based on like/dislike levels?

Giving magic'd clothing, booze, treats etc for slaves should buy you minor boosts with slaves - in affection if not obedience.

Also I make my own collars - not jinxed so I can take them off whenever I wish.
There's no way to take off a slave's collar if they came w/a jinxed collar and replace it with a custom necklace or item of slavery. If you have bought a good slave that is what you want for a companion no way you can make em cast magics because of jinxed gear.

When you have fully trained a slave (or x number) or bought x number of slaves- option to buy a Master Collar Key should be available. Otherwise how do you free a slave and turn them into a lover/companion that is not forced?

more thoughts after next build. Gonna run time and get slaves to all positives and then test combat/companion for issues on targeting.
Any particular bugs you want me to try to replicate while I test?

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Bio Juice- expensive as heck. Sells for a lot. I got on a sq that just coughed up lillith's tears and bio juices for like 8 explores n a row... it was like someone's treasure trove.

That's normal as the biojuice cannister is supposed to be a very rare item, for the sake of letting people test it and play as slime-morphs without having to cheat, Inno has put it at a way higher drop rate than it would be in the full version of the game.

Finding someone's hideaway under city might make for a story line opportunity- little girl (what?Not a full adult?) or a succubi-imp hybrid who ran afoul of of experiments and ended up more human than expected and looking like a child? Mind is mostly gone. Just her and her teddy bear...but locals protect her. // adoption route (not a slave- maybe give a room like main quest guy) n home and try to raise her w/o corruption and limit arcane? (her arcane is zero too?) // raising her right might be a way for player to lower corruption and lead to a new quest line w/angels? Can demonkin become holy? Would lead outside city to old ruins you need to clear and sanctify? Or Corrupt?

While a succubi-imp doesn't make sense for the lore of LT, feel free to write any NPC you want for LT and to submit it, or to write down all your ideas on a doc and keep it as a commission ;)

Children of your own (birthed by or fathered by) might have an option to move in w/Mom-Dad? This would give a weak initial companion for player that's non-magical and actually adores them to start. Of course you'd have to pay for their room, clothing and any fines for trouble with the enforcers.

It's planned.

Also if wearing enforcer gear should be able to bypass the security guard and go deeper into building. Charm and Sex only get you so far w/law. A uniform in a place where faces and features change storm by storm? That doesn't change and its magic would be recognized. So new girl/guy acceptance? (call you rookie and if you did calm harpy mission, they remember you slightly and might even give you a commendation. ) This could lead to removing corruption in force (the criminal kind) - ie someone selling prisoners as slaves to make a profit, bypassing the city's limited legal arm... or actually taking job as a freelance cop to clear up trade problems just outside city. Break up a den of thieves (are your kids involved?) etc... chance here for branching storylines... could be mirrored in the corrupt version of character vying for control of undercity and smuggling/slavery.

That's an interesting idea for future quests, though currently there's absolutely nothing more to do past Candi's office once you got far enough in the main quest.

Costs for elementals is still unbalanced to effects vs player level. Think Player level + Arcane/10 rounded up w/max of 20 until higher level elemental or arcane is reached (ie thresholds of 50 75 and 100?) This makes them useful as well as a tool. And not game breaking in early game.
Ie if someone say lvl 6 goes down into undercity and manages to loot 3-4 bio juices? they easily can buy the spell books for elementals.
Suggest fix- Elemental summons shouldn't be able to be used until player manages to master ONE or TWO spells in that same element. Ie buy all the subspells boosters for that spell. For fire Fireball, flash, cloak etc... need fully empowered before you can begin to learn how to summon an elemental of that element. And then limit as above??

There is no need to restrict the player that much, and what if the player wants to roleplay as a conjurer? And anyway it's very easy to make money in Lilith's Throne, be it with biojuice cannisters or by enslaving and selling succubi, steal clothes and selling them, etc..

Also - need a way to save/store elemental books magics like Essences - ie if you earned or bought too many and can't use them anymore in that element. A way to make empowerment potions (make a lab in home for alchemy?( Need Tester /Changer Fetish?) and to have altered at least 20-50 potions and used them on self or others?)
Library you could add a magical study section where you put used spell books. You can assign your librarian to collate the info. Also assign your slaves to study here in library for an hour a day vs doing work outs (should be mutually exclusive).
I made one of my cat slaves arctic white (ie white w/fur that fades to light blue) and made her arcane potions to empower her. Taught her ice spells to help me in fights. But the combat bug where they attack me and hit the enemy but effects are me or target seems random- is this based on like/dislike levels?

That's a good idea, and the bug where your companions will attack you is known, hopefully it will be fixed for the next version :catte:

Giving magic'd clothing, booze, treats etc for slaves should buy you minor boosts with slaves - in affection if not obedience.

Not really, there should be multiple factors to take into account, like giving a sealed clothes to a slave shouldn't boost their affection, despite it theorically speaking being an enchanted item. Anyway, there will, at some point, be an overall of the slavery content and maybe you'll be able to do that.

Also I make my own collars - not jinxed so I can take them off whenever I wish.
There's no way to take off a slave's collar if they came w/a jinxed collar and replace it with a custom necklace or item of slavery. If you have bought a good slave that is what you want for a companion no way you can make em cast magics because of jinxed gear.

Don't forget you can unjinx any clothes your slave is wearing, including their collar. They won't run away... For now :catte:

When you have fully trained a slave (or x number) or bought x number of slaves- option to buy a Master Collar Key should be available. Otherwise how do you free a slave and turn them into a lover/companion that is not forced?

You don't, because that content is planned, but not in the game yet. And I doubt it will be with a master key if you can simply unjinx the collar and take it away.

more thoughts after next build. Gonna run time and get slaves to all positives and then test combat/companion for issues on targeting.
Any particular bugs you want me to try to replicate while I test?

Any fuckery you might encounter is worth being reported, thank you for your help :toot:

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
unjinxing collars I haven't been able to do that if someone else is wearing it. also when taking clothing from targets/criminals/enemies... if something is jinxed, it goes in inventory as if it were normal but black background- it's a crap shoot then as to it being jinxed or beneficial. If jinxed it shouldn't come off them unless you unjinxed it and thus know stats of harm or benefit. Gain 1 corruption from trying on random gear is painful. Oops jinxed...yer now more corrupt.

Yeah just tested. Bought slave with collar tried to unjinx it. No go. Can't remove because cursed/jinxed item... gave a slave a jinxed set of sweat cuffs and could not remove them or unjinx.

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
Joke opportunity- "You can't fool me, I wasn't born yesterday!" // "Actually yes you were..." // "Well... point. But I'm not buying your story." // "Could I interest you in some Swamp Punch? Fresh Squeezed too. "

sexydragonqueen

Apr 27, 2018
So I recently Noticed that this game has "Reindeer Morphs" yet I've never seen or encountered any, are they not implemented or only found in certain areas?

Talonblade

Aug 12, 2017
So I recently Noticed that this game has "Reindeer Morphs" yet I've never seen or encountered any, are they not implemented or only found in certain areas?

As far as I am aware they only show up during the winter months. So change the month to like December in a new game and you will start seeing them from my experience.

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
They're found during December in-game :catte:

Once you're in December, you'll need to trigger the event where it says that the first snow of Yuletide have fallen on Dominion

MadGenuis

Apr 29, 2018
Still trying to get my game to see the "res" folder. That's not why I'm posting, but I just wanted to mention it. ("Make sure that the 'res' folder is in the same directory as the .jar or .exe." it says... It is! Why?!)

What I want to ask about is what, exactly, the rules for encounters with the player's "children" are? I think I remember reading the patch notes from a while back that these are now limited so that a child of a certain race will only spawn in the area where such a race naturally occurs. However, I know that my character has had harpy children, yet I can't seem to encounter them in Harpy Nests or Dominion. Have I had a stroke of really bad luck or have I misunderstood the rules as to how to encounter these?

Also, out of curiosity, is there a way to remove the effect of the promiscuity pill from NPCs?

Nnxx

Feb 3, 2017
Still trying to get my game to see the "res" folder. That's not why I'm posting, but I just wanted to mention it. ("Make sure that the 'res' folder is in the same directory as the .jar or .exe." it says... It is! Why?!)

What I want to ask about is what, exactly, the rules for encounters with the player's "children" are? I think I remember reading the patch notes from a while back that these are now limited so that a child of a certain race will only spawn in the area where such a race naturally occurs. However, I know that my character has had harpy children, yet I can't seem to encounter them in Harpy Nests or Dominion. Have I had a stroke of really bad luck or have I misunderstood the rules as to how to encounter these?

Also, out of curiosity, is there a way to remove the effect of the promiscuity pill from NPCs?

Harpy children are bugged, we've noticed that on Discord a few days ago and I've reported the bug.

Now for your res folder, honestly, I don't know. The only things that occurs to me is that someone has had the same problem and was using the command prompt, and by trying to launch the game while in another directory than the one the game is in, the game would search for the res folder in your CURRENT directory, not in the same one as the game.

Meaning that, for example, if your game is in /home/Games/LT/ and that you try to launch the game from /home/ with
Code:
java -jar /home/Games/LT/LilithsThrone_0_2_4_5.jar
it won't work, because the game will look after the res folder in /home/, something like that.

And for your third question, you can give a vixen fertility pill to a NPC to cancel their promiscuity pill, not every NPC though.

MadGenuis

Apr 29, 2018
Okay, thank you. I thought the vixen fertility pill could probably do it, but only had the thought after asking and wanted to poke at the game a bit longer to see if it decided to start working.

Incidentally, I did... sort of get it to work. The game, that is. I tried moving the .jar and folders around to different directories and drives, but the results remained the same. What I ended up doing was downloading the .exe version and running it through Wine, which, while it did protest at first, eventually came around and ran the game like a good boy after I poked it for a bit. Running the .exe version through Wine finds the "res" folder just fine (and generates error.log, too) and seems to work, so for anyone else having the same problem as me... that's the best solution I have for now. The game runs really poorly (every command has a second or so of delay before the game updates to reflect the action), but I've tested it and it successfully loads content from the res folder.
It's far from ideal, but I guess it'll work until a better solution comes around.