How Would You Rank Our Current Female Companions?

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Whether you said it in good faith or not doesn't matter in the end. Your choice of words ("once there's finally a way to turn her into a girl") gave off the implication that you did not see her as a girl simply because she has a penis. If you wish to avoid this sort of discourse in the future, I suggest you learn to separate the concept of sex and gender from each other (i.e., "once there's finally a way to give her a vagina").

From context I believe it was plenty obvious that I was specifically talking about her physical body. And as the term "girl" in the physical sense falls within a binary sexual system, in that particular context it wouldn't be wrong to say that Etheryn is not a girl.

I find "gender" to be too imprecise, contextual and arbitrary a term to be useful. And identity of course has a very limited impact on reality.

In my experience, people get absurdly polarized in discussions that involve sex and gender. As I stand in the middle I am invariably seen as "the enemy" from both parties' point of view, so I would rather abstain from further argument.

The fact that it has been stated it wont be possible countless times, yet people continue think it will, pretty sure only berwyn and brint will be the only ones to have any major change like that.

Well, most people only have the game (and their expectations based on "meta" realities) as a reference.

Because she has actively tried modifying her genitals in the past, because she identifies as a girl, and because most of the playerbase would love to have the option, it's only normal that the average person who has played the game would estimate the odds of being able to turn her fully female at some point to be extremely high.

Very few players will read these boards, so people will continue to assume that it will be possible. I myself have only been reading this game's board for two or three weeks so I had no idea about the official statement until a few hours ago.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
To try and get the cage off, at one point did she ever say she wanted to remove it all together? Never thats when.

The point is, even outside of her sub path (in which she would do whatever the Champion tells her to regardless), she'd absolutely do it if it got the cage off of her.

Brint probably doesn't want to turn into a girl, but a completely random magic suit of armor in a cave is all it takes. With Etheryn you've actually got a multiple highly plausible reasons why she'd go full female.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Ultimately it's the writers who decide. If they say girl Ryn isn't happening, it's not happening.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
I ain't touching gender discussion with a 500 foot pole. In regards to arona though, anybody insulting you for liking them is more than likely a virtue signaler looking for a crusade, even with irl, it's ok to like good traits or acts of bad people. some things, like game-wise slavery in the orc camps, is also a far major issue than "slavery bad, free slave, me good guy". to solve their slave use you'd have to either go super, super slow to make them accept the idea of it being bad, or simply deus vult slaughter the entire orc camp, feed, protect, and shelter each individual slave, then boat to the entire orc homeland, and force or slaughter everyone who refuses to release their slaves, then feed, shelter, and protect them. not counting in cocs environment ""slaves"" who have a decent or even loving relationship with someone. not really a fan of the abusive-y doms or the kinda Nice Time for Roo vibes she puts off but as sub she seems like a fun tomboy gf, kinda like brienne but bit more brash. azyrrans weird, like she had two writers or scripts pre and post hive. she starts off like a r rated disney princess type, but then after the hive and liaden she kinda stops being sweet and more like brints interactions? like less sweet and innocent more like... kassyra-ish. someone mentioned essentially you become part of her harem as a polycule type, where she's with you and liaden but you're not with l. i feel like that should probably be mentioned somewhere a bit more obviously so there's less weirdness, maybe somewhere before she starts the flirt scenes with liaden she has a scene similar to cait where she says what she wants relationship wise, so theres less room for hurt feelings. it just feels weirdly empty, like if cait was silent and had no priestess backstory, then you randomly got a scene where she was dripping leaving a alley, with context it makes sense, without it just seems uncharacteristic. brienne's near perfect for the most part, a combination of dom and sub content, like the str check interactions, and kinda interesting as a non binary character imo. male or female they're still a friend/lover who has your back. etheryn's pretty perfect, character paths, a full questline, areas she adds to, and a future boss fight that's relevant to her and the story. atugia's in desperate need of something. hope baroness content does a bit more with her, as it stands extra dialogue requires knowing to take her to weird specific instances in advance for her to have flavor text over previous wars or runic knowledge, otherwise she just kinda stands there with a juice box. kiyoko's fine but also really needs something post orb, she has text variations but i dunno, she seems closer to like a post winter wolf gweyr that dispenses food boxes that gets replaced by kinu vignettes. her and komari feel underused but im biased because i'd like ideally for komari to be uncursed and reborn as a 20-30 something year old you take to get candy and hug and make happy. cait's fine. imo she's too much of a priority content wise, maybe. favorites are fine as long as eventually it evens out. weird moments like thanking her father for creating the ultimate lifeform. doubt it'd happen, but hopefully when expansions are made for older characters the writers won't have forgotten what they were planning in the first place. sometimes feels like metaphorically development's being done too tall instead of wide.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
To try and get the cage off, at one point did she ever say she wanted to remove it all together? Never thats when.
Did Berwyn? Did Brint? Is it OK in their case because they are dudes?
I am not proclaiming here for her to gain vagina. I just dislike when we use ingame reasoning when the only one that matters is "does writer want to write it and can they?" since former was not planned, and actively discouraged, until recently.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Did Berwyn? Did Brint? Is it OK in their case because they are dudes?
I am not proclaiming here for her to gain vagina. I just dislike when we use ingame reasoning when the only one that matters is "does writer want to write it and can they?" since former was not planned, and actively discouraged, until recently.
Again with the Berry thing.. it really doesn't matter what the former writer wanted since the new writer took over.. Brint still gets his own content outside of Brienne and from what has been teased by B, Berry will have the same.. Couldn't care less if they were dudes or not, i would change every one in game into a very sexy lady futa.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah, and you are proving my point. Previous writer did not want to, current one does. So, if Savin lets say suddenly decided to give Ryn vagina, it would not matter if she did not have planned one from beggining. She would get it. Any ingame reason is mute in wake of writers/developers decision.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Again with the Berry thing.. it really doesn't matter what the former writer wanted since the new writer took over.. Brint still gets his own content outside of Brienne and from what has been teased by B, Berry will have the same.. Couldn't care less if they were dudes or not, i would change every one in game into a very sexy lady futa.
Berwyn situation is a stark reminder that the authors are ultimately signing their characters (and other content) away to Savin's company when they submit it to the game, and that while the devs will do their best to respect their wishes, if an unresolvable conflict will arise, the content will stay with the game while the author will leave. Always good to keep in mind, that.

Anyhow, I think An was talking about the lack of in-game justification for the fate that can befall Brint or Berwyn. Neither wants to become a woman, even if Berwyn struggles with affirming his masculinity and dealing with his bisexuality (but IMO not more so than any other feminine looking young man would in his place). But the initial wishes of the characters ultimately don't matter; if the wishes of their writers dictate that the Champ should be able to make those characters change their sex and gender, the option will be written and implemented.

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
Her making the Atani wedding about her. Seriously who goes to officiate a wedding and ends up fucking the mother of the bride? Her dislike over Leorah's dislike of Jassira. People can have opinions Cait. And the whole temple thing. She was raised and indoctrinated into what is essentially a government approved sex cult but is still wishy-washy about the whole thing. But once suggested, she gets excited to run her own church/brothel and intends to continue the same icky practices regardless of how the whole thing has affected her and others.
Wut? I don't see how Cait getting rawdogged by the mother of bride makes it all about her. And she's pretty much the deuteragonist, so she isn't really shoehorned into everything else. You can just not bring her places. She's not a requirement.

This more of VISIBLE CONFUSION than a gripe, but how did we skip strap-ons and feeldos and go straight to summonable cock made of solid magical energy? I feel like we skipped a few steps here. Did Anno, in her infinite horniness, drop a HL strap-on and Komari found it and made a magic version?
This you?

Zbearbear

Sep 9, 2019
1. Cait. Can't beat a horny mage. She's really sweet and fun imo.

2. Brienne. Big, strong cowgirl. Me like. Can clear a room. I like she has a fire mage option now. Still a hard hitter even as a mage.

3. Arona, strong, orc girl domme. Flex me please. I wish there was content with her and Brienee. Might be. I don't know. Muscle girls. Wanna lick them abs lol. Plus, she's another hard hitter to support me and Cait.

4. Etheryn. I like her. I really do. Cute little subby princess. But I'm a bit more of a sub type and prefer the more domme-oriented companions. I like she has a healer loadout so I can swap between her and Cait now. Feel really out of place without a healer even though I do run my archer with Brienne and Arona/Azzy just for pure damage.

5. Azyrran. Another strong knight girl. Can't go wrong. Bimbo Azzy is a plus.

6. Atugia. I like her as a character, but but she doesn't really fit my play style. She's more of a dps/support while as a archer, I be needing damage or healing. Maybe I could try running her with Brienne or Arona tanking to optimize her gameplay. Does she have a different loadout like the other characters?

7. Kiyoko. I honestly forget she exists. Her and the other fox folk in general. I like the story beats with your kid with her but I don't really have a stance on Kiyoko herself. Or the other foxes. Like I've played that content and honestly can't remember anything about them. I have no idea what's going on in that neck of the woods except I like hanging out with the kid.

Honorable Mentions (Because we've had content surrounding them even if they were only temp useable)

1. Kasyrra. I love my big, strong, demon mommy. She's goals.

2. Elthara. She was in that one quest too? I can't remember it's been a minute, but I like her too.

3. Hethia. She's cool. Your bow is mine, brat.

And I think that's it. My ranking of everyone so far.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
1. Cait. Can't beat a horny mage. She's really sweet and fun imo.

2. Brienne. Big, strong cowgirl. Me like. Can clear a room. I like she has a fire mage option now. Still a hard hitter even as a mage.

3. Arona, strong, orc girl domme. Flex me please. I wish there was content with her and Brienee. Might be. I don't know. Muscle girls. Wanna lick them abs lol. Plus, she's another hard hitter to support me and Cait.

4. Etheryn. I like her. I really do. Cute little subby princess. But I'm a bit more of a sub type and prefer the more domme-oriented companions. I like she has a healer loadout so I can swap between her and Cait now. Feel really out of place without a healer even though I do run my archer with Brienne and Arona/Azzy just for pure damage.

5. Azyrran. Another strong knight girl. Can't go wrong. Bimbo Azzy is a plus.

6. Atugia. I like her as a character, but but she doesn't really fit my play style. She's more of a dps/support while as a archer, I be needing damage or healing. Maybe I could try running her with Brienne or Arona tanking to optimize her gameplay. Does she have a different loadout like the other characters?

7. Kiyoko. I honestly forget she exists. Her and the other fox folk in general. I like the story beats with your kid with her but I don't really have a stance on Kiyoko herself. Or the other foxes. Like I've played that content and honestly can't remember anything about them. I have no idea what's going on in that neck of the woods except I like hanging out with the kid.

Honorable Mentions (Because we've had content surrounding them even if they were only temp useable)

1. Kasyrra. I love my big, strong, demon mommy. She's goals.

2. Elthara. She was in that one quest too? I can't remember it's been a minute, but I like her too.

3. Hethia. She's cool. Your bow is mine, brat.

And I think that's it. My ranking of everyone so far.
Do you mean where your champ helps Elthara, Hethia and Ryn in the dungeon thingy? With the elf ghosts.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
This you?

Why yes it is. Did you know people's viewpoints and opinions can change over time? Shocking isn't it.

My view of Cait has somewhat soured over time

I'm a little hurt that in your quest to pull some "got 'em" you didn't quote and recolor this one too. Don't worry though. I'm sure some day you'll get to make an iron clad "Dis U¿" post that actually adds something to a discussion. Also why choose orange highlight when red is such a superior color?

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
Why yes it is. Did you know people's viewpoints and opinions can change over time? Shocking isn't it.

I'm a little hurt that in your quest to pull some "got 'em" you didn't quote and recolor this one too. Don't worry though. I'm sure some day you'll get to make an iron clad "Dis U¿" post that actually adds something to a discussion. Also why choose orange highlight when red is such a superior color?
It's not that serious, but okay. If you feel the need to justify it, then be my guest, but the intention was just to showcase the humor of leaving such inconsistencies in stances on a specific topic (especially when one was seemingly also partaking in some form of community "dogpiling", as seen in the context of your original stance).

But hey, please, continue being presumptuous about what my true objective was, as that in of itself is also quite humorous.

Now onto the list, seeing as apparently one can't post anything off-topic in a thread at all.

Waifus:
  1. Brienne
  2. Kiyoko

Friends (No, not fuckbuddies either):
  1. Etheryn
  2. Atugia
  3. Azzy
  4. Arona
  5. Cait

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
but the intention was just to showcase the humor of leaving such inconsistencies in stances on a specific topic

If I'm remembering correctly, it was posted in response to someone saying that Cait made the wedding all about her. I disagree with that but it was still a dick move to go after the future mother-in-law on the wedding day.

(especially when one was seemingly also partaking in some form of community "dogpiling", as seen in the context of your original stance).

But hey, please, continue being presumptuous about what my true objective was, as that in of itself is also quite humorous.

Now who's being presumptuous? Or I guess more presumptuous than the other one. But I'm genuinely glad if it my incoherent rambling gave you some humor.

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
Orcs rape and pillage and shes all for that, we are completly justified my gamer.

Honestly even if you dont like her, those kinda justify bringing her, any characters giving lore(hell liek ryn in the old forest) are just really nice bits of flavour. They teach your champ about a world they only knew so little of, especially those whose background are something like soilder if you want a RP reason.
What scenes change with kiyoko?

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
If I'm remembering correctly, it was posted in response to someone saying that Cait made the wedding all about her. I disagree with that but it was still a dick move to go after the future mother-in-law on the wedding day.
Do you though?
You say you disagree that Cait made it about herself (red this time because you like red), however within this thread:
Her (Cait) making the Atani wedding about her. Seriously who goes to officiate a wedding and ends up fucking the mother of the bride?
I understand that stances can change overtime, but it seems as though you're now claiming to have both stances (which is confusing because it then appears as though you take issue with it, but then at the same time claim it isn't the case or isn't true -- that she didn't make the wedding about herself) -- not agreeing with what Cait did at the wedding (as reflected in this thread), claiming that she made the wedding about herself (again reflected in this thread), yet now saying that you disagree and that she didn't make it about herself (by saying you disagree with the original gripe on this topic, that the Atani wedding centers around Cait).

(especially when one was seemingly also partaking in some form of community "dogpiling", as seen in the context of your original stance).

Now who's being presumptuous? Or I guess more presumptuous than the other one. But I'm genuinely glad if it my incoherent rambling gave you some humor.
Note the word "seemingly" I used in that quote. I never definitively stated that that's what you did, however your last post in that original context was relevant to the discussion of that conversation and coincided with timeline of said conversation -- hence why I felt it relevant enough to mention (as stated, via the use of "seemingly", if that still makes it presumptuous to you, then that's fine I guess).

As for the latter part of your quoting me, yes, let us both presume things and then presume things about presumptions henceforth. If you're saying you weren't being presumptuous about what my true intentions were with a quote like this:
Then that's fine, either way, it would then reflect that both of us misunderstood each other at times during this exchange.

Regardless, the initial post wasn't that serious in nature, so if any feathers were ruffled then that wasn't the intention.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Do you though?
You say you disagree that Cait made it about herself (red this time because you like red), however within this thread:

That was admittedly poor wording on my part. What I should've said, and meant, was that Cait was being selfish and thinking mostly about herself and her eternal quest to get laid. Not so much that she made it about herself, but that she was only thinking of herself on someone's wedding day.

Also thank you. I fucking love red. The forums have been too blue ever since the update and I desperately hope that I just haven't found the color change option.