Help with the Frost Wyrm

Ephraim

Aug 23, 2016
I made it to the Frost Wyrm, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to be able to kill it or not. Has anyone else been successful? Also I've looked on the wiki an found nothing on it.

Ephraim

Aug 23, 2016
I made it to the Frost Wyrm, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to be able to kill it or not. Has anyone else been successful? Also I've looked on the wiki an found nothing on it.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I heard from others it's beatable(?), but I haven't gotten to the point of trying that myself.

Also, You seem to have double posted, because there are two of the same threads.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
You will get a quest to fight him given to you by someone eventually (as in its not written yet), and when you do fight the Frost Wyrm you are supposed to kill it, but if you're feeling nice you can spare him which will give you access to the Frost Wyrm TF. This is what I remember others saying about the situation, though I advise waiting to fight him until after the quest to fight him gets into the game, fighting him now might fuck that up.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I've done it with current build, Smuggler w/ multishot, blind, and the secureMP and buffed by crystal shard. It's about a 30% chance or less but only because of RNG whether you get hit with a big attack or not, probably also not using right defense.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Theorycrafting time:

Hp 600, Shield 300, Defense 5

Psionic resist: 45

Kinetic resist: 15

Electric resist: 15

Thermal resist: 15

Freezing resist: 15

Corrosive resist: 15

Shield resist: none whatsoever

Attacks:

Psi Scream: Stun (Willpower save)

Wing Buffet: Blind (Physique save success), Blind + Trip (Physique save fail)

Psi Miasma: Reflexes & Aim debuff (Willpower save)

Tail Slap: Kinetic, one big hit

Psi Bolt: Freezing, one big hit (Willpower save)

Rend: Kinetic, three small hits

Psi Barrier: Self buff, defense + Psi attack buff

Welp, this is gona be quite the battle.  From what i can see, here are my observations:

Max out your willpower before attempting.  Half of this guy's attacks involve willpower saves.  Get Physique high as well, unless you have the stand up perk from smuggler. 

Flash Goggles go without saying, since his status attack will inflict blind regardless of save.  Again, thermal undies without saying. 

Kinetic is probably preferable over freezing resist for this.  All things considered, Weavemail coat is probably your best bet. 

No special resists.  NO MIRRORED TAG!!!.  Bring your favorite gun and go to town. 

Reaper Shield is probably preferable over Arctic Warfare because you'll see more kinetic attacks then freezing. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016
FrostwyrmVICTORY.png

2nd attempt!

Edit: did it without the stim booster, or any energy/health consumables in general.  I could probably beat it without endgame stats if i used it.  

In summery: Blacklight Rifle, Weavemail Coat, Flash Goggles, Thermal Undies, Reaper MKI Shield, Dancing Lessons, Royal Nectar, Crystal Shard, Focus Pill, Max willpower, Stim booster, keep D. Regeneration up always and use volley as much as you can without leaving your energy too low to restart D. Regen.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Silly mode shout when?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Sexy Moves: 10% Evasion boost

Lightning Moves: 5% damage boost

I generally use Sexy over Lightning for difficult bosses. 

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Sexy Moves: 10% Evasion boost

Lightning Moves: 5% damage boost

I generally use Sexy over Lightning for difficult bosses. 

Are those buffs related to Fazian or to the Fabio guy in Tarkus?...Fyn, I guess?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Are those buffs related to Fazian or to the Fabio guy in Tarkus?...Fyn, I guess?

Fyn @ Tarkus

The only useful buff you get from Fazian is a 15% crit boost. That lasts for only 8 hours.  

Zavos

May 7, 2016
So no use for the Edotto/Sunwalker at the moment, then...

From what i've read, they're meant to be a multi-turn special tease.  A way for masculine characters to match the appeal of gargantuan tits.   Sadly, that part hasn't been added yet.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
From what i've read, they're meant to be a multi-turn special tease.  A way for masculine characters to match the appeal of gargantuan tits.   Sadly, that part hasn't been added yet.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. So far, is there's a reward for beating the wyrm? I've defeated it three times spamming volley/deflector and spared him afterwards.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Nothing, yet.  Sparing him will grant a frostwyrm TF, killing him will grant an armor and a payday.  There also is a weapon somewhere in there, but i'm unsure what path leads to it. 

Keeping in mind that none of this has been added yet.  Theres probably some implication somwehere that this stuff has been accepted and is somewhere on the todo list, but assumptions about TiTS development are dangerous. 

Side note, the TF is dependent on Dr. Lessau. 

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Nothing, yet.  Sparing him will grant a frostwyrm TF, killing him will grant an armor and a payday.  There also is a weapon somewhere in there, but i'm unsure what path leads to it. 

Keeping in mind that none of this has been added yet.  Theres probably some implication somwehere that this stuff has been accepted and is somewhere on the todo list, but assumptions about TiTS development are dangerous. 

Side note, the TF is dependent on Dr. Lessau. 

Is that TF a chance thing? I never got it when I spared him twice, didn't get anything at all really, just exp.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Assuming it all gets approved as-is, the TF path will require you to talk to Lessau about it, then go fight the frostwyrm, defeat and spare it.  After this you will no longer be given the option to kill the frostwyrm.

The weapon will require you to defeat the frostwyrm a second time while being a frostwyrm-morph.  Developments since I wrote it suggest that it would not be usable in its current form for some time, so I may have to change it to a key item for the time being and write in a use for it when it becomes appropriate.

EDIT: In fact, I have done so.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Developments since I wrote it suggest that it would not be usable in its current form for some time, so I may have to change it to a key item for the time being and write in a use for it when it becomes appropriate.

The weapon is psionic, isn't it?

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016
Edit: did it without the stim booster, or any energy/health consumables in general.  I could probably beat it without endgame stats if i used it.  

In summery: Blacklight Rifle, Weavemail Coat, Flash Goggles, Thermal Undies, Reaper MKI Shield, Dancing Lessons, Royal Nectar, Crystal Shard, Focus Pill, Max willpower, Stim booster, keep D. Regeneration up always and use volley as much as you can without leaving your energy too low to restart D. Regen.  

Welp, congrats, you found all the items I thought of when testing the Frostwyrm and then some. I didn't even know Dancing Lessons existed.

...now I want to make something even tougher...

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
How does the BLR compare to the secureMP, if you've the data.

Example, smugglers with aimed shot and second shot.

Zavos

May 7, 2016

Most of a smuggler's damage will probably come from aimed shot.  So...  i suppose the accuracy bonus for the second shot will put secureMP up with BLR, but i'm unsure which of the two will be better.  I'm not a secureMP guy.  Sunfire might be a better option, as it trades some damage and critical for a chance to burn. 

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016

Assuming 100% to hit chance,

• BLR will do 25 dmg with the first shot and have a 45% chance of 25 dmg with second shot. Effective damage = 36.25
  • secureMP will do 13 dmg with first shot and have a 100% chance of 13 dmg with second shot. Effective damage = 26

In practice, it'll be even worse for the secureMP, cause the BLR has higher accuracy and crit bonuses.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Assuming 100% to hit chance,

• BLR will do 25 dmg with the first shot and have a 45% chance of 25 dmg with second shot. Effective damage = 36.25
  • secureMP will do 13 dmg with first shot and have a 100% chance of 13 dmg with second shot. Effective damage = 26

In practice, it'll be even worse for the secureMP, cause the BLR has higher accuracy and crit bonuses.

BLR? Sorry, but I don't know weapon names by heart much less initials. What does BLR stand for?