General New Races / Codex Thread

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
So does the concept have to be in Codex form? Is there a blank base for Codex? If there's not, i could whip one up for everyone to use.

Oh, and is it ok to use something else than googledocs?

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Google docs is the preferred formatting, and according to Ted a bear minimum I believe. Any special reason why you´d want to upload it in a different format?

Not really. I'm simply not sure if i can use Googledocs anonymously at the moment, since i don't have a email under this nick and i don't wanna use my others.

Idk if your name is visible in googledocs when sharing. haven't used them for sharing content before.

Oh thanks!

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Not really. I'm simply not sure if i can use Googledocs anonymously at the moment, since i don't have a email under this nick and i don't wanna use my others.
Ah. I see the problem. I don´t really know anything about that. Sorry. I myself was really worried about this and made a new account tied to my usual one, specifically for this username and usage for TiTS.

But I don´t think people would be too hard on you, if you posted the codex without google docs. It´s not like it´s an event submission.

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Ah. I see the problem. I don´t really know anything about that. Sorry. I myself was really worried about this and made a new account tied to my usual one, specifically for this username and usage for TiTS.

But I don´t think people would be too hard on you, if you posted the codex without google docs. It´s not like it´s an event submission.

Oh are event submissions more strict?

I'm too lazy atm to make a third email for myself simply for smut-based traffic. Maybe once said traffic becomes more frequent or once i starts including money.

I really hope using .docx files won't be too frowned upon. Gonna take a while though, i'm a baaad writer. (Dammit Jim, i'm an artist, not an writer!)

- Fub

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Dammit Jim, i'm an artist, not an writer!)
You know Jim thermic? :p

Oh are event submissions more strict?

I'm too lazy atm to make a third email for myself simply for smut-based traffic. Maybe once said traffic becomes more frequent or once i starts including money.

I really hope using .docx files won't be too frowned upon. Gonna take a while though, i'm a baaad writer. (Dammit Jim, i'm an artist, not an writer!)

- Fub
For event submissions people should be able to comment and suggest edits to your document. That´s why using google doc is viewed as the bear minimum.

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
You know Jim thermic? :p

For event submissions people should be able to comment and suggest edits to your document. That´s why using google doc is viewed as the bear minimum.

Nah, don't know who Mr Thermic is. Was just referencing Star Trek.

Oh of course, that suggestions- ability is pretty useful in concepts. Comment's and feedback are always great.

I'm not fully into making a proper Codex entry anyway, but i don't think it's smart to make a thread somewhere else to share concept art and brainstorm.

- Fub.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Reactions: Jongeedubs

Siddy

Dec 8, 2016
Gday! I'm looking to start a project about a big fuckin' croc dude that's big, and you can fuck him. I whipped up a little codex for his race that I'm hoping to get a couple of thoughts on. You can see it https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f4z_MC_20XBTJDJFvmTlgGIKF91xgT02PWJbxoq8jfA/edit?usp=sharing <- here, and comment on it and stuff! If the concept is ass or some of the stuff inside it is ass, just go ahead and lemme know. Fuck, lemme know anyway! Bit early so I'm off anyways, but when I get back it'd be great to know a couple of you think. Have a good one!

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
I've been pondering whether or not I should post my race of shark people...but then I thought eh, it can't hurt. Space needs more sharks anyways!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FTjdyUCfwp6tbQLOhSuEomhuwa-fnkkXBb4Tjq9Nm0/edit?usp=sharing

So here I present the Selachii Ascendancy and its main species!
And because it's an incurable habit of mine, yes, I am thinking further than just the codex~

Edit: Finally found the comment option on the Gdoc! I'd love to hear your (constructive) thoughts!

Last edited:

Chillztop

Feb 12, 2017
Im confused with something
If i have a idea of a npc that i want to write but its a new race, do i post it on the normal threads with the codex or do i separate them and send codex here and the npc on the other?

If this doesn't make sense i apologize eng isnt my primary language

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Im confused with something
If i have a idea of a npc that i want to write but its a new race, do i post it on the normal threads with the codex or do i separate them and send codex here and the npc on the other?

If this doesn't make sense i apologize eng isnt my primary language

If you have a character already written or (wip) then you should post the codex on the same thread.

TraceurGuy

Feb 20, 2017
USA
Random thought, don't even know if this is the proper place to put it. But I think it'd be pretty neat to play as a Vildarii.

Slyyyyme

May 22, 2017
United States
New to this game and writing for this game, but I'm pretty experienced with writing in general. I promise I'm planning to use this race and expand it (and likely rename it cause I'm not so great at naming anything) but currently I don't have any ideas for distinct characters. I would appreciate any feedback because honestly I don't know how much sense this all makes. So here are my slugs. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cyYDqm2SxiZlTUYAmB0SKtVHHeOHAMbN4vbpMi_T8GU/edit?usp=sharing

Ezzy

May 27, 2017
Brazil
You know, I was thinking of actually trying some writting on a new species for this game.
Since i'm the scalie stereotype, I might get something worked out of my imagination, what do you guys think?

Here's a poll if there's any need of it (since i'll get really busy next week and I don't want to do anything that might be of waste)

EDIT: Forgot to mention i'll wait a while to get a firm response SORRYY!!! (but seriously if there's more than 15 votes i'll do it, no questions asked... maybe)

Last edited: