Embry, Space Princess (X-Pac Discussion)

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
So, JimT is retiring from smut. 

A whole bunch of people are naturally going "But what about Content X he was working on? I wanted to see Content X!" 

My "Content X" is Embry's X-pac. If you are here to talk about some other portion of JimT's planned work, I am not currently dedicating any of my resources to it. Please don't ask.

Things we want to avoid:
1: Nobody does any work on Embry's X-pac. Obviously, nothing gets done.
2: Everybody tries to work on Embry's X-pac at once, and it turns into a squabble over who 'owns' the content. Nothing gets done. 
3: Less experienced writers than JimT try and write a huge freaking X-pac, burn out and let the project die. Nothing gets done. 

Therefore:

1: I'm formally claiming 'ownership' (though Fenoxo actually owns her legally) of Embry in JimT's absence, by the rule of 'first come first served.' If you would like to write for her, PM me. This should hopefully help avoid problems 1 and 2. 

2: Embry's planned X-pac was huge. To help avoid Problem 3, I am cutting down JimT's original plans significantly. I am not as fast at writing as him. If I were to write everything he had planned, I would likely be writing into 2020.

Therefore, all Embry pregnancy content has been cut from the X-pac. Marriage, reconciliation with Embry's parents, S&Embry, etc, will also be cut. The focus of this expansion is on "Embry's dream has come true, she's been swept off her feet and is now a Space Princess!" Settling down with your monkey wife will come later, if it arrives at all. 

Core Design that WILL be included:

Happiness score from 0 to 100.
When happiness gets low enough, Embry becomes depressed, and only cheer up actions can be made. 
You can give Embry gifts to up her happiness, or just show her affection.
If in a monogamous-type relationship, Embry gets hugely depressed from a cheating lover.
If in a non-monogamous relationship, Embry may be slightly jealous of other lovers on the ship, but will only make a once-off remark where she needs reassurance.

Embry will be able to wear a maid-like waitress outfit or a yellow simple dress.
Embry can have glasses or no glasses. Also penis or no penis.
Sleeping next to Embry will be possible.
Dating and spoiling will be possible.
There will be more sex scenes.

"Stretch goals", in rough priority order:

Show off pretty clothes / spinning around. (A small thing, but cute. Shows off Embry's new confidence.)

Embry gets an interest in exotic teas as well as gems. She's a real sensate. (A few small scenes. Adds depth, intimacy.)

Bathe together. (One or two scenes, adds intimacy.)

Embry gets more comfortable with the PC over time & more sexually experienced. She has less chaste dialog during sex, tries things she read about in books, etc. (This is a larger commitment, but ultimately it's edits to already written content.)

E-mails from Embry. (Big. A half-dozen emails or more would be needed to make this make sense. But it's also very Embry.)

The PC can help Embry pursue her career as a romance author. She needs help coming up with ideas, though. (AKA Embry's Plot. This is important to make Embry feel 'alive', but at the same time it is BIG. Therefore why it is this far down.)

Embry's follower dialogue changes based on the time, showing her generally helping out however she can. She cooks, cleans, and does generally wifey things. She really wants to be a shipwife! (We don't want Embry to feel like an automaton, but this is a lot of complexity and writing to add. Embry's Plot should come first.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015

Eva

Sep 14, 2015

NightOwl

Aug 28, 2015
Looks good. I would change completely cutting the parents because it seemed to me like it was an important part of her character, you could do it as a stretch goal.  

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It seems most of what you plan on adding in has already been kinda written by Jim, should make it pretty easy unless you don't plan on using what he wrote for his x-pac.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
When happiness gets low enough, Embry becomes depressed, and only cheer up actions can be made. She will become unhappy if you neglect her. 

I cannot recommend against this strongly enough. Having to constantly go back ship-board to micro-manage your waifus clashes damn strongly against the "be an adventurer!" jive.

Otherwise looks decent. Wise decision to cut all that content.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
I cannot recommend against this strongly enough. Having to constantly go back ship-board to micro-manage your waifus clashes damn strongly against the "be an adventurer!" jive.

Otherwise looks decent. Wise decision to cut all that content.

To be frank, I was questioning this myself: I don't want Embry to become a Tamagotchi toy that can't deal with being left alone. It's in the original design docs, but... Yeah, consider it cut. 

It seems most of what you plan on adding in has already been kinda written by Jim, should make it pretty easy unless you don't plan on using what he wrote for his x-pac.

Jim's done a good chunk of the 'show her love and affection' side, but my workload looks like this:

- 3-4 sex scenes.

- 1-2 sleeping-with-Embry scenes.

- 2-3 dating-Embry scenes.

- 2-3 small "affection" scenes to round out what JimT didn't complete on that end. ("I Love You" needs some more random options, and I'll probably find more stuff to fill in.)

- 5-10 scenes that I've forgotten or don't know about, but will find to be inevitably necessary to building Embry-as-a-follower. I mean, there's currently no "chat" option in Jim's docs - that's probably a new scene set in and of itself that we really can't leave out, since recycling her cafe dialog probably wouldn't make much sense.

That's a total of 13 scenes in the best case, even before stretch goals. Followers - even small, half-finished followers - are BIG.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
Looks good. I would change completely cutting the parents because it seemed to me like it was an important part of her character, you could do it as a stretch goal.  

It is because I feel that the parents are important that I am not putting them in as a stretch goal. If I were to try and implement a second storyline in this X-pac, then neither would get the attention it deserved - and I think 'reconcile with your estranged family' is definitely a storyline. 

NightOwl

Aug 28, 2015
Understandable. Glad someone's taking the reins on Embry she to good to let die.

K

Krynh

Thanks very much for taking this on! Although I'll miss not having the pregnancy content, 'tis a small price to pay.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Thank you, Eva. After thinking sbout it,  I'm going to check the current version of the doc right now and will be sure to follow any updates when you post them. 

However, I'm curious about how will this new undertaking empact your own ongoing project and various planned ones.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
Thank you, Eva. After thinking sbout it,  I'm going to check the current version of the doc right now and will be sure to follow any updates when you post them. 

However, I'm curious about how will this new undertaking empact your own ongoing project and various planned ones.

Naturally this will slow/stop progress on other projects. Tasha is especially unlikely to get any updates, since I'll be channeling all my diabetes into Embry. Aya might see an uptick in productivity if I get sugar-sick, though. 

Note: I'll likely be posting my own version of the doc once I have more work done. Don't look for updates at the links that have already been posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Therefore, all Embry pregnancy content has been cut from the X-pac. Marriage, reconciliation with Embry's parents, S&Embry, etc, will also be cut. The focus of this expansion is on "Embry's dream has come true, she's been swept off her feet and is now a Space Princess!" 

Wait do you mean as in they will never get in the game or that they are being put aside for later and the main focus is just her core X-pack content?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Darn, S&Embry was my favorite part. Oh well.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Indeed. So people let's please try not to hound her. Eva's our only hope so far of getting at least a bit more Embry in this dark Jimless era. So yeah, don't burn her out on this project with whining or nagging lest we end up with nothing. 

Kirovreporting

Aug 28, 2015
Indeed. So people let's please try not to hound her. Eva's our only hope so far of getting at least a bit more Embry in this dark Jimless era. So yeah, don't burn her out on this project with whining or nagging lest we end up with nothing. 

Honestly I think priority one is not treating her as a replacement Jim.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I wasn't whining or nagging (if that's what you think), it was just a simple question if those parts of were actually going to get cut out or put aside.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
There's always the possibility that someone else could step up to write the sections that Eva isn't going to write. Adding more writers into the mix has its own set of problems, of course, but it's not unworkable.

It's not perfect, but it is an option. With Jim no longer around to finish Embry himself, we're already dealing with imperfect solutions as it is. Also, I'm just pointing this out as a possibility, not directly suggesting that anyone in particular do this. It's just good to know your options.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
"Therefore, all Embry pregnancy content has been cut from the X-pac. Marriage, reconciliation with Embry's parents, S&Embry, etc, will also be cut. The focus of this expansion is on "Embry's dream has come true, she's been swept off her feet and is now a Space Princess!" Settling down with your monkey wife will come later, if it arrives at all."

On the one hand I am bummed this stuff is being put on hold as these were some of the biggest draws for me to the X-pack or at least the first 2 were. That being said, I recognize that those would be the biggest "side plots" as it were to write and can respect the need to limit the workload. I would like to talk with Eva about taking up the pregnancy and marriage content at the very least, the reconciliation maybe, as I have no idea what Jim had planned or what tone he was going for that part as well as feeling weak in terms of connection to the other parts of the Xpack. S&Embry...yeah no, I can't so I agree with that part being set aside.

Eva

Sep 14, 2015
"Therefore, all Embry pregnancy content has been cut from the X-pac. Marriage, reconciliation with Embry's parents, S&Embry, etc, will also be cut. The focus of this expansion is on "Embry's dream has come true, she's been swept off her feet and is now a Space Princess!" Settling down with your monkey wife will come later, if it arrives at all."

On the one hand I am bummed this stuff is being put on hold as these were some of the biggest draws for me to the X-pack or at least the first 2 were. That being said, I recognize that those would be the biggest "side plots" as it were to write and can respect the need to limit the workload. I would like to talk with Eva about taking up the pregnancy and marriage content at the very least, the reconciliation maybe, as I have no idea what Jim had planned or what tone he was going for that part as well as feeling weak in terms of connection to the other parts of the Xpack. S&Embry...yeah no, I can't so I agree with that part being set aside.

To quote myself:

1: I'm formally claiming 'ownership' (though Fenoxo actually owns her legally) of Embry in JimT's absence, by the rule of 'first come first served.' If you would like to write for her, PM me.

Forgive me for having little faith in your collaboration skills when you have demonstrably not read the thread.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
To quote myself:

Forgive me for having little faith in your collaboration skills when you have demonstrably not read the thread.

I was careless so I can't argue with the condescension here.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Apologies for the condescension, I felt it was necessary to make my point. 

And I should have just stuck to commentating on the quote I chose and made my offer properly. Mistakes on both sides?