Adventures in Mareth

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona folds her arms as she looks between the beings before her and to Zahir, quietly curious about the unfolding events. Considering their recent meeting with these creatures, she was certain they would be violent. Thankfully though, it seems that this leader of sorts has a calm head.

The thought of two rival leaders within the same building wasn't lost upon Iona though. It won't be long before they're at each other's throats again. None the less, Zahir seems to have her attention and the situation under control with manners surprising for a beastial wolf-man. At the very least it gave the young necromancer a chance to relax slightly as they spoke.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She leans on an arm. "One what are you going to trade for her? Second no, and what is the third?"

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
The wolf nods "I was thinking some virile male specimens but if not interested I would be eager to hear any other proposition" He says adjusting his loincloth "But before that, I require to check if she and the other prisoners are ok, just to be sure. And third perhaps arrange for a peace treaty between the goblin and the kobolds."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She chuckles. "My my sounds tempting but..." She makes a mock painful face. "...you see I get paid very well for the prisoners I capture"

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He sighs "I understand, but still, perhaps you could give it a chance? We could discuss more regarding it in your chambers " He gives her a seductive smile, in truth he knew that it would be very hard to talk some sense into the goblin queen so perhaps he could 'force' her to understand when they are alone.
(Persuasion d20+1 => 15 )

Last edited:

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She snorts "Sorry but we have orders" She stands up and the others get ready for a fight.

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
"That worked real well, didn't it Zahir. It looked like you were getting through but now there will just be more corpses" Gareth says, lightning coursing over his body, jumping between his finger as he grins at the gobalins "So, who wants to die first?"
(Intimidation roll d20+3 => (19+3) 22)

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona's ruby eyes widen with shock, then narrow in anger as yet another one of these degenerate creatures sinks to violence. She breathes in, ready to cast forth another damning tirade but quickly opts against it. The ache in her shoulder was proof enough of the price of being a target. Instead, she slips back towards the door. Hoping the creatures were too distracted with the wolf, she once again presses herself to the wall, creating an illusion of it before herself to keep herself hidden.

(Minor Illusion up!)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Real smooth there Zahir" Solum drawls before nocking an arrow and watching Gareth's fearsome display with a mixture of awe and wariness. "Try to at least leave one of them living, we still need to learn where the prisoners are" he warns both Gareth and Zahir.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
"You do not scare us! Get them!" She snarls. Her three guards draw their weapons while the goblin's hands start to sparkle with magic. The plant starts to shake before climbing out of it's pot. (roll initiative)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir sighs "Well, at least I tried, next time, someone else should try talking" He gently pushes Meepo back "stand back buddy I don't want you getting hurt" he grabs the giant sword on his back getting ready to fight (initiative:20 )

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Panic seizes Iona as she sees the guards draw their blades and the monstrous flora start to advance. She shivers behind the unmoving wall of her illusion, hoping it will be enough to hide her from these beasts.

(1d20+2 = 4)

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
"Ah, three volunteers. I was hoping for that" Gareth says as he readies for combat.
(Initiative d20+2 => (18+2) 20)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Can't say this wasn't expected, let's get it over with" Solum says, readying himself for battle..
(Initiative: 1d20+2 [3+2=5] )

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Fighting order is Gareth, A, Zahir, leader, B, C, plant, goblin, Solum, Iona)

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
Gareth looks twords the leader, grin still on his face "I think I'll start with you" he says before a bolt of green lightning jumps from his had and speeds twords the gobalin leader.
(Casting witch bolt (1d20+5 to hit =>(16+5)21) if hit deals 1d12 (8) lightning damage)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The leader groans as she get hit. "You cur!" One of her guard growl and charges at the human and slashes her long sword at him.
(She got a six so she misses)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir walks up to stay in front of the Queen "Why couldn't we just talk?" he then use his giant sword at her ( 18 to hit for 10 damage)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She defects the sword with her own. "Cause I have orders" She slashes at him with her blade ( She got a 9 so she misses)

Her second guard goes to attack the demon like man. (She got a 12, if it hits take 6 damage)

Her last guard attacks the wolf (Got 13 if it hits take 2 damage)

The plant goes to claw the wolf. (Got 18 take 4 damage)

The goblin waves her hand at the three males. ( Goblin casts Bane! Roll Charisma saving throws, if you fail on every attack or saving throw afterward you must roll a d4 and subtract the result from the roll.)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum takes his longbow from his back and nocks an arrow before sending it hurtling towards the goblin with a simple utterance of "catch."
(Saving roll: 20 [1d20+0] , Attack roll: 23 [1d20+4: 19+4] Damage: 4 [1d8: 2+2] )

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona draws in a breath, still hidden behind the illusion of the wall. She narrows her eyes, peering through the faint haze of her ghostly disguise to see the chaos erupting before her. She curls her fingers into a fist, before suddenly punching it upwards.

Amongst the goblins great blades of ice suddenly spike upwards! The ghostly shards of frost have broken bones and grinning skulls imprisoned within their icy pillars as they spear forth, seeking to drive deeply into the flesh of the living...

Of course, it's just an illusion, yet whenever the goblins try to advance, a barb of ice spears forth at them, driving them backwards into yet another thrust! The very floor is bristling with this deathly ice! ...of course, if they knew it was a mere illusion, they could battle as normal. Yet for one not perceptive to the powers of the arcane, it feels as if they are just barely avoiding being speared by one of those ghastly blades of ice and bone.

(Cast silent image on the bad guys! Ideally the thrusting spikes will try and keep them pinned down. Dunno if this will grant combat advantage as they try to dodge spikes all the time, or keep them frozen to one spot, unable to move, for every step triggers a spike!. Intelligence check vs DC 13 for them to realize it's not real!)

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
"Close, but not close enough" Gareth says before focusing back in on the leader sending another shock through her.
(Cha save 1d20+3 => (20+3) 23)
(Using action to make witch bolt deal another 1d12 damage (5))

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The guard in front of him takes the hit for her leader. She growls to and goes to stab him (Got a 10 so I'm sure it don't hit)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir deflects the attack of all the goblins but fails to defend from the plant's attack. (rolled a 4 on charisma save) He also suffers from the magic attack form the mage goblin suffering from it and lowering the accuracy of his attack.
He attacks the plant as it was the only thing that managed to hit him ( to hit: 12 . damage:11)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The plant monster steps to the side, the sword passes by it.

The leader snarls and goes to stab the wolf. (Got a 21. Take 5 damage)

The guard B goes to slice the demon man. (17 to hit. Take 5 damage)

Guard C is too scared to do anything

The plant...is trying to walk around the spikes.

The goblin frowns and makes her way to the human man. "Take this big boy" She puffs her cheeks before blowing a cloud of green gas on him (Make a Con saving throw)

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
( Con save 1d20+1 => (1+1) 2 crit fail.)
Gareth growls as the gobalin defends their leader and fails to notice her approaching untill it was to late. The green gas fills his lungs as he coughs and sputters. In between the coughing he shouts "Bitch!"

Last edited:

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
(Wait did turn order change or is gareth just reacting to the goblin blowing powder is his face)

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona grins slyly to herself as she watches the chaos her illusion has caused. The Goblins all yelping and struggling to dodge nightmarish looking but ultimately harmless illusions. Her victory is short lived however, when she sees the Queen blow something into Gareth's face. Poison!! The ache in her shoulder reminds her well of the own attack that struck her.

Curling her fingers, she rakes at the air...

..and upon the other side of the illusionary wall, in the thick of the battle, a great ghostly claw tears at the Queen!

(Chill Touch
rolling 1d20+5(1+5 = 6) Whelp.)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum shudders as the magic rolls over him. He draws another arrow from his quiver before hastily taking aim at the plant and firing. (Saving roll:1d20= 8, , Attack roll:1d20+4-3= 20 [19+4-3] , damage:1d8+2= 5 [3+2])

Last edited: