Adventures in Mareth

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
It's a new day in the free city of Tel'Adre. The sun is shining, a few birds are chirping, lovers are breaking beds, a normal day in the city to be sure. Well not for you to tell the truth. Even for those born in this world you still find it odd to wake up with a letter on your chest. Your letter has your name on it. Looking around you would find that your locks and any warding spells are still in place. The letter reads as follows.

"Greetings sir/ma'am.

On this most bright of mornings I would like to invite you to a most tasty of morning meals provided by such lovely staff. Please make all haste to the Phoenix Inn in yonder city and come to the table in the back and be greeted by the famous and lovely Kruppe! While we eat sweet food we shall talk about business matters as well. See you soon.

From Kruppe the Eel."

Asking around will get you the information that the Phoenix inn is in the poorer part in the city.

Charmbreaker

Apr 4, 2017
Until he had noticed and read the letter placed on his sleeping form Ylvai was in a jubilant mood. The night before had gifted him with an easy shift on the guard and a few drinks so he woke with nothing to complain about at first. But now as he flew towards this Phoenix Inn on ebony wings his brow furrowed with apprehension. His mind raged with questions, not the least among them being how someone had snuck into his humble home in Tel'Adre's center. Instinctively the wizard flexed his right hand, his apprehension making his spell fingers twitchy as he descended down into the square not far from this Phoenix Inn. He looked around, noticing the comparatively dilapidated state of the square he now stood in. Tel'Adre was a free city indeed but even in such a place their were those forgotten. Around him were shacks of a sorts that were nothing more than a few planks of wood and broad sheets of dirty cloth holding the very humble dwellings together. The bat morph's large triangular ears droop expressively as he saw a very young boy walk near him with nothing more than rag's covering his body. 'Mental note,' he said to himself finally as he thought to take more interest in this place; see how he could help out. With a steeling sigh his ears became erect again and he walked towards the Phoenix Inn, it not being far from his current location.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Neena is lightly kicking her legs, sitting on a fence as she reads the letter given to her just a few moments ago. "On this most... yadda yadda yadda... breakfast... Phoenix Inn. Kruppe? Business matters?" She reads, partially aloud, before folding the letter and stuffing it deep in her pockets, as she begins to make her way through the city, and towards the Phoenix Inn. She knew the area it was in quite well, but had never actually stepped inside of the establishment. Not because she was above crossing daggers with some ruffian with a chip on their shoulder, but because she'd rather sweet-talk more well-to-do ladies into dropping their panties, making them forget about lovers, husbands and wives for a few hours, and leaving them without much of a chance to hide their infidelity.

Taking a few shortcuts through some alleys, she soon finds herself in front of the Phoenix Inn. She wasn't sure who this "Kruppe" was, but if he's offering free breakfast and, more importantly, business talk, she was very much interested in this slimy character.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum warily looks around the room, scanning for any missing possessions before opening the letter and sitting back on the bed reading in silence. "Famous Kruppe huh?" he says scratching at the base of a horn. " Never heard the name before..." he mutters before resuming reading "Business matters, Phoenix Inn...hmm..." he murmurs after finishing the letter. "Haven't got any reason not to go, might as well see what this "Kruppe" wants" he says, shrugging his shoulders before pocketing the letter and striding towards the door. Stepping out onto the dusty streets, he heads towards the Inn, weaving through side-streets and alleys to avoid the suspicion of any watchmen or citizens, he soon finds himself standing outside of the Inn, wary of what might lay within but cautiously eager at the offer of business and a free meal.

Last edited:

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
Gareth is not pleased when he wakes up with a letter on his chest. He was sure he set up his wards last night, yet none of them were tampered with. As he reads the letter his mood improves slightly. It has been a while since he had a good amount of gold and he felt it was time he got back into the good life. He chats with the innkeeper and gets directions to the Phoenix inn and made his way over.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir a tall and muscular wolf-morph wakes up early in that morning, inside of his house his home in Tal'Adre. He lazily got up and notices something had fallen off of his chest, Looking down he sees the strange letter, he picks it up a bit confused by how it got here. He opens the letter and reads it getting even more confused.
the wolf checks his house for any sign of breaking in but found nothing "Ok ... This is pretty weird " He sits down thinking about the letter, why would someone send this to him? And on top of it all how? It was no use he would only get answers if he went there.
Grabbing his backpack he leaves his house and goes in search of the Phoenix Inn. After getting a bit lost in the many alleyways, getting fake directions by the people he asked and almost being pickpocketed at least three times, he finally reaches the inn.Coming inside a bit later than expected, being one of the last to arrive.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
When you walk into the inn the first thing you see is a tough looking wolf woman behind the bar, near her is a large two handed mace. She looks at the new comers and nods to the back of the room. Passing the regulars, each already drinking ale or wine in the morning along with their breakfasts, you can each see a man sitting at the very back of the room. The small fat human in a dirty red waistcoat grins at everyone and waves at the empty chairs.

"Welcome! Welcome good friends of Kruppe! On this most brightest of days it fills Kruppe's heart with joy that the six of us can sit down to breakfast!" He pauses to stuff a pastry into his mouth. After swallowing he waves at the table. "Please eat and drink to your stomachs content!" He pours them all a glass of wine. "Now then onto why I brought you all here" He takes a deep breath that makes his chest swell, the buttons on his coat almost pop off before he sighs.

"You see dear friends of Kruppe for the past three or so years Kruppe has noticed something strange coming from the mountain area. Twice a year, in the middle of summer and winter, goblins try to sell fruit!" He chuckles. "As odd as it is that the green minxes could or would sell fruit it is not the reason I called you. For you see dear friends it's the fruit it self that interests me so. The fruit in summer looks like a bright red apple and when eaten it doubles the size of ones...assets. Not only that it said to give back sight, hearing, and cure disease, a most useful fruit yes? The fruit is winter looks like a fine apple but is a deathly pale white and it's effects are the opposite of it's summer brother. It shrinks...assets to half their size the poor fool that ate the fruit almost always dies. That is one reason I've asked you hear." He pulls out a piece of cloth and dabs at his forehead. "You see you are not the first dear friends of Kruppe to be sent to investigate this matter. A few weeks ago I sent four others but I haven't heared from them since. So Kruppe is hiring you on two fronts, to investigate this matter and to find and rescue those four. What say you?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Depends on how much money is at stake, Kruppe. If there's four already missing, this doesn't really seem like a breeze. You better be putting up some serious coin for this, and part of it up front." Neena says, speaking up immediately.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
He grabs at his chest. "My dear you wound Kruppe! Thinking he would no pay you well for your work!" He wails as he puts a bag on the table. "Gems, worth five hundred gold. When the task is done you get another five hundred"

Charmbreaker

Apr 4, 2017
Upon first seeing the supposed Kruppe Ylvai almost let slip a chuckle at the man's nonchalant way of eating as he directed the group to the place of their discussion. It was no mystery as to how the man became so heavy or why the waistcoat he was wearing seemed to strain for dear life against his belly. Now, as Ylvai sat at the table, letting a wonderful seafood based stew swish around in his mouth, he watched every guest of the Phoenix he could and took in those who were to be his brother and sisters at arms. On the first he watched to see if anyone not apart of the group glanced their way with shifty or mischievous eyes. He quickly realized how stupid an idea that was. Almost everyone here was mischievous or crooked, less they be somewhere other then this part of Tel'Adre. Looking at their party proved a bit more practical. So two humans, a wolf morph, and a demon huh? It wasn't the most adventure crushing path burner arrangement he had seen but he wasn’t disappointed. When Kruppe listed out the details of the adventure the scholar in Ylvai came alive and his mind went through the catalog of information he knew about Mareth. The bat morph may not have been from this realm true but he tried to learn as much as he could about it. He was all the more burning with questions when spelunking in the catalog yielded no answers and he turned a serious gaze to Kruppe. The bat morph only barely noticed the only female of the group asking a question of gold and Kruppe placing gold on the table. With his red eyes on Kruppe and not the gold Ylvai asked “What is the name of this fruit,” he gestured as if that question was inadequate and added, “Have you not tried to contact the Goblins that sell this fruit?”

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir smiles and waves to the wolf woman, trying to be friendly and reassuring her he won't cause any trouble.He walks over to the fat man that called him over alongside other five strangers, he was about to ask about the letter to Kuppe but he didn't find an opportunity before the guy started talking again and telling them what they want them to do. After seeing the bag of gems his eyes Widen "T-this much ?" he blinks a bit , certainly, something here seemed fishy but could he really pass an opportunity like this?
He steps forward looking into Kruppe's eyes "alongside the Bat's questions, how do you know of such fruit and how many do you want us to get ?"

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The fat man turns to the bat and wolf. "Why good sirs, Kruppe does not know the name of the fruit if it has a name that is. As to the source of Kruppe's knowledge..." He wiggles a pudgy finger. "Though Kruppe does not engage in activity's that would threaten his brow with sweat, he has others to do that for me! They come and go and bring me word. As for making contact I sent one such to do so, but she came back in a most...compromised state." He stuffs another pastry into his mouth.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
The wolf sighs, he couldn't afford to say no to this quest despite the clear tips that something was very wrong with the entire thing "Fine ... I'm in .What part of the mountains do we need to go to and since we also need to save the precious group that failed, could you give a basic description of them as well ?" He asks relaxing a bit.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
(He reminds me of Gizmo from Fallout.)

"Oh, and what happens if the group just happens to be... well, dead? Full payment, or deductions?"

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
Gareth sends a wink twords the barkeep as he goes to the back and sits down. He was going to ask about payment but neena beat him to the punch. As she asked about finding the group he chimes in "I'm in agreement with the mouse, I'm in this for the money so I want to know if it will be worth the trouble."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum nods in acknowledgement of the barkeep as he walks to the back and takes a seat. He listens semi attentively although the mention of the nature of the fruits and the capture of the prior group piques his curiosity, the hefty bag of gems presented only serving to cause further intrigue. He watches Kruppe with veiled suspicion as the others speak their piece, simply grunting and nodding in agreement with the human and mouse morph as they question the strange man.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Kruppe nods. "If the poor souls are dead, or worse, then just bringing word would be enough." He turns to the wolf. "As for the poor adventurers they are as follows. A fine warrior named Talgen Hucrele who is a centaur, along with his sister a lady of magic Sharwyn Hucrele. A sly foxy rouge Karakas and noble sir Braford who I think was a new champion." He nods. "So dear friends of Kruppe are you ready to head out?" He holds up a rolled up piece of paper.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Sounds fine. Though we might want to get our affairs on order before leaving the city. Wouldn't want to leave our homes unlocked." Neena quips. "Just have everyone meet by the gate, once we're ready?"

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum makes note of the details Kruppe mentions regarding each of the adventurers, visibly tensing and scowling upon hearing the word "champion". "Sounds like a plan, wouldn't do to leave and return to an empty home" he states abruptly, quickly glancing at Neena before returning his gaze to the red suited man in front of them.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Kruppe grins "Yes please go and make sure yon humble abodes are safe." He puts the paper on the table. "This is a map to the location."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He nods while listening and trying to keep in his mind what who was in the failed group. Zahir grabs the map and bow to Kruppe "I already locked my house. I will wait for the rest of you at the gate as arranged"
The Wolf Morph bows to the group and take his leave, waving to the bartender as he went through the door. He would patiently wait at the gate of the city waiting for the others.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Right, well I guess we are done here." Neena says, getting out of her seat. "I'll go home and make sure everything is locked down, then I will see you others at the gate. Don't dally."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Seems that's all then" Solum says, standing and placing his chair back at the table. "Not much to lock up so meet you all at the gate" he says before striding out through the door.

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
"Since we're done here I'll be taking my leave to the gate as well, since I don't have a place to lock up at the moment" Gareth says standing up and heading out of the inn and twords the gate.

Charmbreaker

Apr 4, 2017
Their were many questions that Ylvai had remaining for Kruppe when the meeting had concluded. He attempted to ask the man in private but he had seemed to vanish from the establishment. At first the bat morph wasn't sure at all about continuing down this round of adventuring. The potential hazards and shady atmosphere of this agreement between the group and Kruppe just didn't sit right with him. Fearing worrying himself to death he took in a deep sigh of release when the gates of Tel'Adre, their meeting spot, came into view. A smile actually came to his face as he let the potential for fun come to his mind. Ylvai was most eager to meet these people he'd be with and learn the nature of this fruit.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
After walking home and locking her things up, Neena reconvenes with the rest of the part near the gate leading out of the city, with all her gear in tow, including her form- and bulge-hugging leather armour. A shortsword, shortbow, 2 daggers and various other tools and items hung from her.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Once the group meets up at the gate and the group heads out. Due to the odd nature of the land they manage to make it to their destination by noon. Near the base of the mountain they reach a ledge. At around 80 feet deep and 250 feet wide, needless to say it was a big hole. The ground near the ledge was rocky and scattered about were debris and the bones of small animals. A rough-hewn stairwell zig and zags down the side of the ledge. Near the ledge is an old ring of stones that contains the ash of past fires.

At the top of the stairs is a small dragon girl looking down.

Balix

Mar 6, 2017
"Well we'll, what have we here. She Doesn't look like one of the adventurers Kruppe described" Gareth says to the others "Wonder if she's friendly."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"She's not that large... I wouldn't assume that she is hostile, but... you can't ever be too sure. Who here fancies themselves the best with words, in the case that she might be... a little agitated? I'd volunteer myself, if you don't wanna." Neena says, looking over at the small dragongirl. (Would you allow for a Perception check, Malice?)