[WIP] Wanderlusts, a lust-based random encounter for Uveto

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
This is going to be my first serious attempt to submit content for TiTS, so I figured I should start with something relatively small like a generic combat encounter. That said, I've come up with this, the Wanderlust.

Link to Codex Googledoc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VhNR5vTkoDc1uoDgrWPb10ELbNvNba-EtST3x5HFegw/edit?usp=sharing

[EDIT] The combat doc, where most of the content is. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16d9pAjdnkc32W4iXvuAduNqr-FwU8a75mWUOoYyRwLc/edit?usp=sharing

[EDIT 2] And here's a link to the planning doc for the sex scenes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N6h_e13PFJCeeg8R5YdLKgBnfYTOgbbyFiFbDtfiilo/edit?usp=sharing

TL;DR: Floating psionic tentacle jellies. They will try to fill you with eggs. Combat can be won by not succumbing to lust in nine turns, and while victory by HP or lust is quite hard, it is not impossible. If not already obvious, this content's main draw is tentacles and eggnancy.

I'm eager to hear feedback of any kind, but am particularly looking for pointers on formatting and proper usage of parser calls. Please keep in mind I'm new to writing smut and formatting for code when you comment. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

This OP has been heavily edited to reflect the current progress of this project.

Last edited by a moderator:

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
This is really well written and seems like it caters really well to the fetishes it's aimed at (tentacles and eggnancy, hnnng). I don't see any major problems, or even typos, in the codex entry, so kudos on that.

The battle also looks pretty good to me, with one possible caveat: where in the story do you want this to show up? Eight turns in the early game can be a pretty long time, but it balances more as you go onward, with an eight-turn battle in the Myrellion caves being medium to short. Bear that in mind when you decide where you want it.

Overall, great job!

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
This is really well written and seems like it caters really well to the fetishes it's aimed at (tentacles and eggnancy, hnnng). I don't see any major problems, or even typos, in the codex entry, so kudos on that.

The battle also looks pretty good to me, with one possible caveat: where in the story do you want this to shiw up? Eight turns in the early game can be a pretty long time, but it balances more as you go onward, with an eight-turn battle in the Myrellion caves being medium to short. Bear that in mind when you decide where you want it.

Overall, great job!

Thank you for your input!

As for the location, my plan was to have it on Uveto, as the environment is so similar to where these things are supposed to come from. As I recall, the difficulty there is about on par with Myrellion, maybe a bit worse so far, so that's the difficulty I'm aiming for.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
While the codex seems to be rather well written, I am left with a few questions:

Is there any particular reason why these immortal jellyfish aren't native to Uveto VII in the first place?

In the doc you keep mentioning "Auvans". Did I miss a previous submission involving them?  o_O  Because you keep name-dropping them like they should be familiar to the player. 

I am also perplexed with mentions of herbavores on the homeworld where these "jellies" have supposedly originate from, even though it's described as an "iceball" and "iceballs", if Uveto VII is anything to go by, don't have much, if any, in terms of plant-life.

Then there is the mention of "flames" within the jellyfish themselves. The way they are described seems more fantasy-esque rather than what one might find in a scientific report on a species. So I'm not sure whether it is some kind of amomalous phenomena manifesting within them or an actual flame.

P.S. I hope that I don't come off inflammatory here; I'm genuinely curious about your work here.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Uveto does actually already have a jellyfish alien.  Not to say that the planet can't have two, but it would be odd.

Also, "Greater Immortal Jelly" is more of a D&D-style name than one appropriate to a sci-fi game.

The rest seems decent at a cursory glance, though bear in mind that player defenses against lust-based attacks are essentially nonexistent outside one early piece of armor.  This means the concept of the endurance match is going to have the issue of being essentially binary: either the player has low enough Lust at the start of combat to endure being hit with every type of lust damage there is, or they don't.  TiTS combat is somewhat binary in general, but you usually have some ability to respond to what your opponent's doing, you don't just hit Wait eight times.

And since NotYouNorI posted while I was typing this up: yeah, the thing about not being native to the only planet they'll be encountered on is weird.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
While the codex seems to be rather well written, I am left with a few questions:

Is there any particular reason why these immortal jellyfish aren't native to Uveto VII in the first place?

In the doc you keep mentioning "Auvans". Did I miss a previous submission involving them?  o_O  Because you keep name-dropping them like they should be familiar to the player. 

I am also perplexed with mentions of herbavores on the homeworld where these "jellies" have supposedly originate from, even though it's described as an "iceball" and "iceballs", if Uveto VII is anything to go by, don't have much, if any, in terms of plant-life.

Then there is the mention of "flames" within the jellyfish themselves. The way they are described seems more fantasy-esque rather than what one might find in a scientific report on a species. So I'm not sure whether it is some kind of amomalous phenomena manifesting within them or an actual flame.

P.S. I hope that I don't come off inflammatory here; I'm genuinely curious about your work here.

Not at all. I appreciate the interest. So to address your questions:

1. the immortal jellyfish were brought to Uveto much the same way cunt-snakes were brought to Mhen'ga.

2. I apologize for the confusion. Auvans are a race I created and am planning to make an NPC shopkeep for later, once I've learned more. I already have a codex for them, if you're interested.

3. While immortal jellyfish come from a similar planet, it's not quite as bad as Uveto, so there are some hardy plants near the equator.

4. The idea is that the flame is real, created by burning chemicals to produce a low temperature flame, but enough to warm the air inside the creature and create lift. Hope that made more sense.

@Couch Welp... Honestly didn't know about the other jellyfish. to address your other comments, the 'Greater' part is actually only there because there's a 'lesser' version that isn't dangerous, but I get your point. And about the lust thing, I planned on having the initial encounter give the player the drop without fighting, which is a consumable that can temporarily prevent lust damage. Hope these help, but I'm up to suggestion for improvements.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
 ...Hope that made more sense.

To an extent, it has. It's an interesting concept.

4. The idea is that the flame is real, created by burning chemicals to produce a low temperature flame, but enough to warm the air inside the creature and create lift.

Then for this they have a steady influx of oxygen and fuel for the flame not to mention ports for the hot air to escape, I assume.

Also this form of getting around seems to implies a vulnerability to heat based weaponry that could ignite their "fuel supply" and cause them to explode.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
To an extent, it has. It's an interesting concept.

Then for this they have a steady influx of oxygen and fuel for the flame not to mention ports for the hot air to escape, I assume.

Also this form of getting around seems to implies a vulnerability to heat based weaponry that could ignite their "fuel supply" and cause them to explode.

You miiight be expecting a little too much realism here. :p

Although you do have a point about thermal damage, which is well established in-game. Combined with the lack of lust resistance, maybe you'd be better off converting it to a traditional encounter, Sky; though I like the concept and the uniqueness of the fight, it may just be unfeasible right now (which is totally not your fault, and I hope no one's going to fault you for trying something unorthodox).

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
Although you do have a point about thermal damage, which is well established in-game. Combined with the lack of lust resistance, maybe you'd be better off converting it to a traditional encounter, Sky; though I like the concept and the uniqueness of the fight, it may just be unfeasible right now (which is totally not your fault, and I hope no one's going to fault you for trying something unorthodox).

Well, I was already planning to have them be beatable using gravidic damage, I could add thermal as well so it's an either/or win condition?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Well, I was already planning to have them be beatable using gravidic damage, I could add thermal as well so it's an either/or win condition?

Uhm...  I don't think "gravidic" damage exists in the game mechanically since that overhaul that Geddy did a while ago.

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Uhm...  I don't think "gravidic" damage exists in the game mechanically since that overhaul that Geddy did a while ago.

There's still (or as of the last build, there was) a techie perk that gives you gravidic damage.

I dodn't realize there were no other sources of it, though. Not good to have an encounter that only one class can beat. :S

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
There's still (or as of the last build, there was) a techie perk that gives you gravidic damage.

I dodn't realize there were no other sources of it, though. Not good to have an encounter that only one class can beat. :S

Technically, yes, but it doesn't do "gravidic" damage. "Gravidic" isn't a damage type like "electric", "burning" or "kinetic". However, the ability in question does do irresistable damage that isn't effected by any resistance or modifier.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I can't stop reading these as Immortan Jellies, despite a distinct lack of both shininess and chrome. 

That said, this reads really well. I like 'em in concept. But they are definitely treading the bestiality line. I'd recommend boosting their understood intelligence -- the farming/herding bit is a good start -- so that, while alien, they can be understood to be sapient themselves (much like the Frostwyrm). That'd certainly better explain their lust attacks and psi-abilities, too.

Also: what's an auvan? Are they somebody's race I've never heard of, or just a random background race?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just throw in some minor and subtle mental commands, like the Tentacle Egg thingy.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
When I read about those guys, I can't help imagining them as weird alien bio-robots instead of just normal creatures, like the Wheelers from Goblin Reservation, only with more tentacles.

Sky

Feb 6, 2016

So in the combat doc, I've made them weak to irresistible AND thermal damage. That way there's a fair alt. win condition for everyone.

But they are definitely treading the bestiality line. I'd recommend boosting their understood intelligence -- the farming/herding bit is a good start -- so that, while alien, they can be understood to be sapient themselves (much like the Frostwyrm). That'd certainly better explain their lust attacks and psi-abilities, too.

THANK YOU. Did NOT realize right away that might be an issue. I can easily bump that up and will do so.

Also: what's an auvan? Are they somebody's race I've never heard of, or just a random background race?

As I can see this is getting rather confusing, Imma just going to post their codex doc. Auvans are a race I created for a shopkeep I'm planning to write later, once I have a better grasp on writing TiTS content. They aren't directly related to THIS project, but if you wanna check 'em out, here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V0kjbwT4g-RvDsjbvOF3m_g6zvp9twAVCYMxU2BMnF4/edit?usp=sharing

Sky

Feb 6, 2016
I'm sorry. Is it bad? Cliche'? They aren't the point of this thread, but if people think the idea is stupid, I'd like to know so I can either scrap it or change it.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I'm sorry. Is it bad? Cliche'? They aren't the point of this thread, but if people think the idea is stupid, I'd like to know so I can either scrap it or change it.

No, not really. We're just amused by them. I mean, we do have the kui-tan and the laquines in-game, so your people wouldn't be very out-of-place. No need to worry about them being cliche.  :p

Although, one is kinda bugging me. The way they are described as a "seeded species". It feels weird and out-of-place in the titsverse for the them to be acknowledged as such when the whole concept was introduced to us as joke/easter egg/reference by Colenso in one of his conspiracy crackpot theories.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Although, one is kinda bugging me. The way they are described as a "seeded species". It feels weird and out-of-place in the titsverse for the them to be aknowledged as such when the whole concept was introduced to us as joke/easter egg/reference by Colenso in one of his conspiracy crackpot theories.

If the race is intended to be only mentioned in one or two places, this is a pretty nice easter egg itself IMO.

I like the whole idea in the OP, specially the not-instant-win-with-high-stats. I agree that the name does not really fit the sci-fi theme and established norms of TiTS. Jellyfish are awesome creatures, but if they (the greater immortals) are not fish don't call em that.

EDIT: I know they are not called 'fish', but the jelly with their appearance implies it quite heavily...

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
If the race is intended to be only mentioned in one or two places, this is a pretty nice easter egg itself IMO.

As I said, it's not that they are described as such, but the way they acknowledged as if it is common knowledge; not a crackpot conspiracy theory (as it is originally presented) or the folklore of the species. Not to mention the whole bit about the "[REDACTED]". Remember the codex entry of a species are supposed to be publicly available archives; not a SCP report.

Give it a bit more mystery and uncertainty regarding them being "seeded" ;)

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016
Yeah, maybe along the lines of "The Auvans have had access to high technology for all of their recorded history, but its actual origins are a mystery. Some have suggested that they were seeded on the planet by another advanced race, others that their civilization was built on the ruins of one far greater, and yet others have insisted that their technology is a gift from the gods, to allow them to conquer the galaxy."

Also yeah, definitely get that redacted out of there. This ain't SCP, we're not here to scare people by hiding information. Either give the name or axe that bit entirely - since you're probably going to make the 'seeding' thing more ambiguous, probably the latter.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
As I said, it's not that they are described as such, but the way they acknowledged as if it is common knowledge; not a crackpot conspiracy theory (as it is originally presented) or the folklore of the species. Not to mention the whole bit about the "[REDACTED]". Remember the codex entry of a species are supposed to be publicly available archives; not a SCP report.

Give it a bit more mystery and uncertainty regarding them being "seeded" ;)

I was assuming that this would be sorted out somewhere along these lines, as this is a WIP. But you are right and I did not mean to disagree with you at all, what I meant to say was that the blurb about them being a seeded species would not have to be deleted, since it makes a cool easter egg. Hope I got more clear, sorry but I am tired as always...