Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
All armor IS unisex. Nothing stopping you wearing the bikinimail rn.
Oh I know, just offering the flip opinion to "put everyone in full plate"

I like impractical armor so I appreciate impractical unisex approaches

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I'm not complaining about the armor being feminine or too sexual, that's fine, my issue is that it has its own quest. It's not something that's necessarily going to be useful to every character, so why give it a whole quest that'll sit in the quest list uncompleted if it's not something your PC would use? If this were just an item you can get by asking around it'd be pretty sick, but because it's a quest it'll just clutter the logs of a lot of people.

I think everything about Ninja Stylin would be great if it just weren't a quest, play it out the exact same way but it just never enters the quest log. Alternatively, it completes as soon as you talk to Kohaku about it rather than requiring you to buy the outfit to finish it. Of course I wouldn't mind a shinobi counterpart to the kunoichi outfit, that'd be cool too.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It's weird how there's one instance of gender-specific armor in the game, that being the Tiran Temple's Tiran Nun's Habit and Tiran Vestements. Why is it gender-locked? They have identical stats, but the nun's habit is described as "rather revealing" and has a generally more descriptive description. While both of these are described as fancy and form-fitting, I think it would be better if there was just a choice in which option to take beyond changing your gender right before opening the chest.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I'm not complaining about the armor being feminine or too sexual, that's fine, my issue is that it has its own quest. It's not something that's necessarily going to be useful to every character, so why give it a whole quest that'll sit in the quest list uncompleted if it's not something your PC would use? If this were just an item you can get by asking around it'd be pretty sick, but because it's a quest it'll just clutter the logs of a lot of people.

I think everything about Ninja Stylin would be great if it just weren't a quest, play it out the exact same way but it just never enters the quest log. Alternatively, it completes as soon as you talk to Kohaku about it rather than requiring you to buy the outfit to finish it. Of course I wouldn't mind a shinobi counterpart to the kunoichi outfit, that'd be cool too.

I thought that one is set like the Fishnet quest is, that it'll only start up if you hit the Kura Outfit button? If so, just don't hit that button.

If it auto-procs before then however, then that should be dropped. OTOH getting some ingredients like drider silk (which basically just means hopping over to Senja and buying it) could be good beyond just asking, paying and waiting for it.

And yeah I have at least one Lupine come Kitsune thief that would love a Shinobi version.

(And yes I feel your cluttered journal/uncompleted quests pain. I'm the type that'll commit to just sitting down and doing days or even weeks worth of pointless fetch quests in Skyrim or Fallout 4 just to clear that journal, gotta get that Pipe pistol from that random letter I read out of Hub 360, how can my level 90 character get by without it after all? Sigh, that good old OCD...)

AceofSpades

Apr 15, 2016
I hate that in games. I want to dress my champ like a girl boss, not as a 2 copper ho. A piece of armor should equally revealing or equally covering regardless of sex/gender.
I agree with this, because I already hate that we have one gender-locked (technically) piece of armor. Playing a femboy, you bet I swapped out my Tiran priest vestments for a skimpy nun habit lol. I was actually quite happy when one of Lumia's rewards was a gown. And I loved having the sexy and regal royal leathers from the Ice Palace.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I love the reactions of the others at the temple of Light and Sanders and Lia to PC becoming a Valkyrie. I just wish more people acknowledged it, even if it is just a "Oh, neat, you have wings now." High Ground had a nice scene as well.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Feminine? The tactical butt-cover is unisex, of course.
Its the description of the chest opening for me. I don't know many people who self identify as male who also run around with pec-cleavage lol
Put the men in chain bikinis too.
I feel like this should be someone's own personal choice. If you wanna be a super ripped body builder guy in a chain bikini that's totally your right to do that but I do think it should be an option. As it is the descriptive text for most armor in the game has it described as skimpy or feminine in nature and some people, myself included, don't really enjoy the mental image that cultivates.
I guess we could actually put [pc.mf|dude descript|lady descript] parsers inside item descriptions. Never thought of that before.
This. This is the perfect solution. I'm sorry to the writers and coders who would have to shoulder a bit of extra work to make it happen but it'd instantly solve the problem in my opinion.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I'm starting to understand the need for /j at the end of jokes

corvoe

Sep 9, 2017
I don't know how to feel about the female-only or female-transformative soulbinding to Lumia. It makes sense from a lore perspective, but soul-binding is (I think?) a massive part of the gameplay and lore for the Champion, and locking it behind a single gender feels weird to me.

Reactions: Arai

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I don't know how to feel about the female-only or female-transformative soulbinding to Lumia. It makes sense from a lore perspective, but soul-binding is (I think?) a massive part of the gameplay and lore for the Champion, and locking it behind a single gender feels weird to me.
For what it's worth, the gameplay effect is meant to be negligible. You (eventually) get access to a few new powers, which are designed to be in-line with other powers to avoid power creep. And the effect on the wider story is minor, the main thing being Kasyrra will be fucking furious if/when she finds out.

It is a valid point though, a big part of the game is people getting to play as their OCs. And in-universe it's certainly significant, even if the developers make sure you get a near-identical gameplay experience whether you become a valkyrie/kitsune/Astrida (in future) or not.

AceofSpades

Apr 15, 2016
This. This is the perfect solution. I'm sorry to the writers and coders who would have to shoulder a bit of extra work to make it happen but it'd instantly solve the problem in my opinion.
Well, it would solve one and create another. For the guys who want to wear skimpy armor, and those of us who play male champs in feminine armor, this would completely erase our ability to do so. My femboy elf would be stuck in bro gear and it would ruin the whole goal of femboy.

I personally think armor should just stay static as-is so that everyone has options to embrace or avoid a visual description at their own choosing.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Well, it would solve one and create another. For the guys who want to wear skimpy armor, and those of us who play male champs in feminine armor, this would completely erase our ability to do so. My femboy elf would be stuck in bro gear and it would ruin the whole goal of femboy.

I personally think armor should just stay static as-is so that everyone has options to embrace or avoid a visual description at their own choosing.
How hard would it be to add a gender toggle button in the appearance section specifically for clothes? We already have one for preferred pronouns so the feature already exists in the game, just port it over and you're good to go.

AceofSpades

Apr 15, 2016
How hard would it be to add a gender toggle button in the appearance section specifically for clothes? We already have one for preferred pronouns so the feature already exists in the game, just port it over and you're good to go.
If that's how they implement it, then I'd be all for it. If it just checks our current gender, I think it'll frustrate a lot of people.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I would genuinely like to know whether three out of four gods to soulbind witb was always the plan or there were ideas for seven soulbinds that got paired down to three later.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I would genuinely like to know whether three out of four gods to soulbind witb was always the plan or there were ideas for seven soulbinds that got paired down to three later.
There were only ever plans for the three. You aren't even planned to meet several of the gods.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I think there were also vague plans for Velun to have a soulbind at one point (since Tobs wrote the wiki's entry and had one listed for him) but that got abandoned. Or maybe that was just a hypothetical, all we know is it's definitely not happening now.

• Sad
Reactions: Emerald

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
There were only ever plans for the three. You aren't even planned to meet several of the gods.
I see. Thanks.

Yeah it would probably be hard to get jiggy with a tree man or whatever Velun is. So I guess all Mallach wants from us is dicks and/or holes. IG Sorra will not be met either?

Reticent Fox

Dec 8, 2021
Small gripe, I mostly play around it. But it makes me really sad when certain pregnancies just yeet the child away. Like, Rags sends the kid back to the Sailgraves and the Leothran pregnancy has the champion give up the kits to the village. I want to keep my babies near me.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Rags was especially a downer considering the other orcs put their babies in the nursery (and then presumably goes by motherly intuition and/or pure guesswork to figure out which tyke is theirs) but the most detailed orcy romance is all "meh, I fedexed the brat to my ma, don't wanna be held back by that while we're banging!"

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Rags was especially a downer considering the other orcs put their babies in the nursery (and then presumably goes by motherly intuition and/or pure guesswork to figure out which tyke is theirs) but the most detailed orcy romance is all "meh, I fedexed the brat to my ma, don't wanna be held back by that while we're banging!"
Kind of surprising in retrospect they didn't just send Ragnild's kids to the nursery, especially since they have a better chance of not turning into murderhobos that way. Although maybe the response to that decision is why every other orcess just sends her kids to the nursery, now that I think about it.

Reactions: Emerald

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It's weird how there's one instance of gender-specific armor in the game, that being the Tiran Temple's Tiran Nun's Habit and Tiran Vestements. Why is it gender-locked? They have identical stats, but the nun's habit is described as "rather revealing" and has a generally more descriptive description. While both of these are described as fancy and form-fitting, I think it would be better if there was just a choice in which option to take beyond changing your gender right before opening the chest.
Nooooooo! I need a nun outfit for my ambush.
93832234_p0.jpg

But yes, I agree. Just create 2 different pieces of outfits with same stats. One revealing and one conceling. So if someone wants to go out as scandalously flamboyant, there.

Reactions: Kesil

morii

Feb 8, 2023
How about cute clothing for our champion? I don't want to look badass or sexy, I prefer something comfortable and cute, with unique stats. I get it's a smut game but character customization seems important here, too.

Feb 8, 2023
1. There's arona scene in the daycare holding "oldest kid". Champion had a couple orc kids but not with her, so the dialogue feels jarring. That said is there other scenes with the other parent in daycare esp if they're party member/locals?

2. Sometimes I wish i can turn off the pop up romance-ish event like with arona and ryn

3. Accidentally locked myself out from rescuing kiyoko and prince philander.....i only play one save file so going through everything again is just too much. I didn't know what I was supposed to do either so I keep returning to kitsune den and the abandoned camp multiple times trying to retrigger it. I think in kiyoko case I declined due not yet preparing my party, and in philander case I checked every options from the beginning so when i got an offer to learn skill I said yes to it

4. Need more masculine masculine men, early on i keep meeting ladies w/ dick or fembois until I met brint.

I just started playing last week and got hooked on the lore + worldbuilding. Can't wait to see more

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
You can avoid the Carmen Blue Balls scene by just having a bed partner, since I almost always keep having either Ryn or Azzy with me I have only ever seen that scene a single time. Actually didn't know until now that was what triggered it.

Agreed with Masturbation point, but not sure what the training inconsistency refers to. Some training sessions not passing a day? I think they all should so that would be bugs to report on. Otherwise main thing I know of is Zo's training scenes saying that's enough for one day, when really (in current build) you only need a day to pass once you have unlocked a power so that the next button can appear. I tend to just skip over to the Puppers and let time pass for that.

Reactions: Equivocate

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
3. Accidentally locked myself out from rescuing kiyoko and prince philander.....
How? Did you not get the necklace? Did you make the wrong choice at the capsite?
i only play one save file so going through everything again is just too much.
Not for nothing but this is exactly why I play multiple save files and sometimes just leave it at a certain point.
4. Need more masculine masculine men, early on i keep meeting ladies w/ dick or fembois until I met brint.
Yeah we've seen a lot of that sentiment on this thread. Just know you're not alone.

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
You can avoid the Carmen Blue Balls scene by just having a bed partner, since I almost always keep having either Ryn or Azzy with me I have only ever seen that scene a single time. Actually didn't know until now that was what triggered it.

Agreed with Masturbation point, but not sure what the training inconsistency refers to. Some training sessions not passing a day? I think they all should so that would be bugs to report on. Otherwise main thing I know of is Zo's training scenes saying that's enough for one day, when really (in current build) you only need a day to pass once you have unlocked a power so that the next button can appear. I tend to just skip over to the Puppers and let time pass for that.
Yeah, mean outside of that. Carmen claims that it's a "dream", yet neither the Ring of Pure Thought nor turning Dream Events off bypasses that scene.
Yes, alleviating the "Blue Balled" status effect bypasses getting the scene, but at higher Libido the Blue Balled status affect can occur whilst sleeping (so, prior to sleeping, no Blue Balled status effect, then during the sleep the status effect occurs), and causing the scene to occur without any way to avoid it (at least seem to recall that interaction happening before).
Same criticism goes for Viviane's scene when the champion gets the Witch Outfit (or her Halloween scene, as they seem to be the same scene, though the Halloween version of the scene is avoidable with Holiday Events off) - no way to avoid her coming on to the champion whilst they sleep - so effectively her recruitment cannot be done without letting her violate the champion - and it's canon that she does that (and therefore, not a dream, as the Wiki seems to want to imply), because she brings it up when the champion meets her in the forest.
Same criticism with Kasyrra's scene if you try and fight her in the "dream" she overpowers the champion and... so yeah. No way to avoid these things other than "don't try xyz" or "don't interact with abc" or "actually avoid going to region def".

The training inconsistency has already been reported on the CoC2 Bug Reports sub-forum, and has been brought up here before a couple of years ago. It's still in the game, so at this point the developers must be fine with it being in the game, hence just mentioning it as a gripe and not further reporting it as a bug - because doing so seems like it would be a waste of time, well, arguably more of a waste of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.