How many of you actually sell Bess/Ben?

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
I have to admit, lately I've been selling the fuck out of them.

Maybe I'll find them being used as a prostitute bot somewhere down the line. 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Eh. The ship's got no crew limit at the moment, and quests get you enough money for gear (not to even mention gem drops).

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Eh. The ship's got no crew limit at the moment, and quests get you enough money for gear (not to even mention gem drops).

I mean, if you're not gonna romance them I don't really see the point in keeping them around. 

They can't even use the shower, at least I think they can't. 

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It's amusing that there's always a "Refuse/Ignore" button in RPGs even for complex characters. Don't get me wrong, it's part of the decision making process, just not a whole lot of people follow through.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
It's amusing that there's always a "Refuse/Ignore" button in RPGs even for complex characters. Don't get me wrong, it's part of the decision making process, just not a whole lot of people follow through.

My Steele was just like "Shut up and give me money."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
The amount of credits you get for selling bess/ben is neglible, so in my eyes there's no point.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
I mean, if you're not gonna romance them I don't really see the point in keeping them around. 

Well, it remains to be seen what effects (if any) various crew members will have in ship-to-ship combat. One would think having a loyal, self-modifying AI at hand could be useful.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
See, if selling Bess/Ben yielded more credits AND the game had more difficulties, like Lunatic from Fire Emblem: Awakening, I'd consider it. But in its current state now, I wouldn't sell her/him for the life of me.

Edit: And if it was harder to get credits. Granted, the game is still in development.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I've only just found bess for the first time, kept her because harem and generally having forgotten to save before dicking around with her to see what release would do. Plus it's not like money is all that hard to get.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I don´t think I´ll ever be able to. I love collecting unique stuff in games, even If I never use them. And I personally don´t really see the point of selling something unique, as it´s plenty of ways to get more money.

Besides I love the cheerful bibliophile, I can´t ever imagine selling Bess/Ben.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I don´t think I´ll ever be able to. I love collecting unique stuff in games, even If I never use them.

Ugh, I know right... I do that in every single fucking game I play. I've had games crash from me stashing all my shit in a single container.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
I like Ben, hes my cute genderless mouse synth maid. I would never sale him.

@Corivas; Lunatic Mod! every game needs a Lunatic Mod!

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I have found Bess, but have not done much with her. I wouldn't sell her. It would make me feel cruel and I'm kind of a hoarder of things when it comes to any item I find.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Ugh, I know right... I do that in every single fucking game I play. I've had games crash from me stashing all my shit in a single container.

That's why you should stash all your shit in different containers by item type.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Whicg makes me wonder... does the ship have a special container for Myrellion's different crystals? I wanted to keep one of each onboard, yet I couldn't.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Whicg makes me wonder... does the ship have a special container for Myrellion's different crystals? I wanted to keep one of each onboard, yet I couldn't.

Yes, it has. Go to storage. There is a section called "valuables". Any gems or other things that can't be used right away can be stored there.

K

Krynh

I have found Bess, but have not done much with her. I wouldn't sell her. It would make me feel cruel and I'm kind of a hoarder of things when it comes to any item I find.

In an alternate universe. After getting her trust and having her as a crew mate I kicked her off the ship along with the others and turned her over to the authorities.

Felt very mean afterwards and loaded the save prior to doing that.

Last edited:

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I don't sell her, at the very least she provides content for while I'm maxing out tease skills or stats, and she's a fun character for me besides. Can't get enough bookworms.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I don´t think I´ll ever be able to. I love collecting unique stuff in games, even If I never use them. And I personally don´t really see the point of selling something unique, as it´s plenty of ways to get more money.

Same thing. Selling unique AI for few credits? No way.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Same thing. Selling unique AI for few credits? No way.

It's only a few credits cause your buyer is massively undercutting you at like less then 5% of the real price or something.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
It's only a few credits cause your buyer is massively undercutting you at like less then 5% of the real price or something.

Even then, it just doesn't pan out to being worthwhile for me to sell her.