Free Cities

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Our goals are a little different. I want to interact with the slaves as little as possible. The goal is to set and forget. Besides flooding them with growth hormones so they're worth more, I don't do anything with them. I move on to the next ones and buy in bulk. As far as slavegen goes, you can't actually go lower than 3000 anymore. So I load them up with flaws and hate to reduce the price, then grab everything that will make their numbers go higher. It's the same reason I don't bother with smart piercings, even though they're really useful. I don't want to spend the time on individuals. But since you praised them so highly, I'll start using them.

If you use the rules assistant you do not need to micromanage that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
Ehhh the rules assistant is a bit "strange"/buggy at times. Oh also version 0.7.8. is out since the 11th

Some stuff in it works perfectly fine. Other things have issues.

For example, piercings are unreliable. I am pretty sure if a girl comes with any piercing at all then it breaks the rules assistant for piercings and it won't apply your selections.

For the things I listed it is reliable.

I have also never seen the rules assistant apply outright wrong selections, just fail to make changes on occasion. So it is still very useful, you only need to manually apply those things it misses

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
The rules assistant only has a setting for growth hormones, which are always good. I like Growth hormones a lot, even if they have negative health effects. That's negligible for the positive benefits. There's no setting to cut off the female hormones once you have a perfect face though.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
The rules assistant only has a setting for growth hormones

That is very much wrong. It has settings for surgury, tattoos, piercings, curative administration (you explicitly said you didn't want to deal with fixing bad health), job selection, outfit selection, speech/dating rules, dieting (you explicitly didn't want to deal with adjusting weight), exercise (you explicitly didn't want to adjust muscle), and many more.

I like Growth hormones a lot, even if they have negative health effects.

Their negative effects are utterly trivial. All it does is have a slight chance to reduce the amount of health a girl gains on a certain turn from curatives.

There's no setting to cut off the female hormones once you have a perfect face though.

Female hormones have many more benefits than just face improvements. They improve the figure, they improve the voice, they improve sex drive, they make the girls hornier (which in turn improves whoring income as well as provide you with special encounters which improve their devotion and fear).

They are also really cheap. And I think some of those things will backslide if you stop administering them.

MMMm

Feb 20, 2016
I really don't know how to explain this anymore clearly to you. How could you think I don't know what other settings the rule's assistant had when my first posts explained how to use it? I obviously meant there's no specific setting that directly controls the administration of female hormones, unlike the use of the growth hormones.

Which, if you design a slave to be "perfect" from the very beginning, the female hormones have no actual benefits to you. You would have already set everything it can increase to the maximum so you'd only see the negatives. Meaning any "perfect" slaves would have to have their own custom rules since you wouldn't want them to be given the drugs like everyone else is. Of course they have benefits later on in the game on other slaves you haven't perfected yet, but I was talking about in chargen.

And as far as chargen is concerned, if you actually manage to find a means of cutting the costs in chargen down to 3000, I'd like to see how you did it. The way I described was the only way (at the time) I could find to do it. And even then it's outdated now since we've had several updates that added new stats (wetness and breast shape, for example.) I haven't been able to cut costs down to 3000 yet without sacrificing something. If you manage it, please do post your results.

To wrap this up, when I wrote that post months ago, the game updated constantly. I rarely played a game past 48 turns. I'd rush to make a million or two, then start over completely each time in the new version, which at the time would come out within three days. Hopefully that explains my motivations.

LordAemord

Dec 1, 2015
Hey guys I am curious about getting into some of the mods for this game but I don't really have any idea where to go looking for them.

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
How does the Corporation work. I send more than I make every 3 game I do.

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
How does the Corporation work. I send more than I make every 3 game I do.

it generates a tiny bit of income every turn based on the total assets it has. Buying more stock in it has its cost go up with the amount of assets it currently has, so if it has 1 million in assets total then it would cost 10x more to buy more stock than it does if it has 100k in assets.

The percent of its income you get depends on what percent of its stock you own. so if you own 9000 stocks and others 1000 you get 90% of the revenue it generates.

It also generates its own funds every turn based on the total assets it has. The dialog suggests a balance of assets helps too.

You are expected to sell assets of the corp when they are overpriced, and use the money to buy assets that are underpriced. Over time growing its total amount. If you use the invest heavily it means "use all currently available money to buy", use that option often.

Eventually it will be generating enough money that you probably shouldn't even bother with selling assets, just buying more assets every turn.

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
So I was doing it right then. Its just every third game it takes longer to kick off. Cuz at the time of my last post it was like 10 week into the birth of the company

Kandrew123

Aug 19, 2016
Yo, I know you can proc flaws like devout and hates anal and stuff, but do any of you know how to get a slave to get the liberated flaw?

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
So I was doing it right then. Its just every third game it takes longer to kick off. Cuz at the time of my last post it was like 10 week into the birth of the company

yea, it is a pretty much end game money sink that lets you pay money to make money

visicury

Aug 30, 2016
How do you unlock the Collection Facility? I've looked over the code via Notepad++ and haven't found it

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
The game wanted me to change my city's language from coptic to ancient Egyptian. Coptic is ancient Egyptian. o_O

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
Can anybody tell me what are the upsides to an Egyptian style city is like? I read the wiki in game but what are some of the other perks?

DownTheDrain

Aug 4, 2016
Can anybody tell me what are the upsides to an Egyptian style city is like? I read the wiki in game but what are some of the other perks?

The wiki is fairly detailed about the effects, so I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for.

I guess you could open the .html with notedpad++ (or twine 2 + sugarcube 2 if you happen to have that installed) and check the effects.

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
The wiki is fairly detailed about the effects, so I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for.

I guess you could open the .html with notedpad++ (or twine 2 + sugarcube 2 if you happen to have that installed) and check the effects.

Just pointing out that people who don't program probably won't have Notepad++, so regular Notepad works just fine too.

DownTheDrain

Aug 4, 2016
Just pointing out that people who don't program probably won't have Notepad++, so regular Notepad works just fine too.

Regular notepad works, kinda, but it's a bit of a mess and you'll have a hard time navigating anything that isn't a basic text document. 

Besides, I don't program and have notepad++. It's free, easy to use and superior to regular notepad in every regard.

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
Regular notepad works, kinda, but it's a bit of a mess and you'll have a hard time navigating anything that isn't a basic text document. 

Besides, I don't program and have notepad++. It's free, easy to use and superior to regular notepad in every regard.

It's basically just regular Notepad, but with line numbers, syntax highlighting and collapsible code blocks, right? Unless there are features I missed.

DownTheDrain

Aug 4, 2016
It's basically just regular Notepad, but with line numbers, syntax highlighting and collapsible code blocks, right? Unless there are features I missed.

Well, there are additional features and plug-ins available if you actually do use it to program, but yeah, for the most part it's just regular notepad with a few quality of life improvements. 

Nova25

Mar 19, 2016
It has been quite a while, since I played this...

About the 'jobs', how did the ''ideal requirements'' have changed for them, and how many 'jobs' are still in the game ?
From bits of stuff I read, I heard a few 'jobs' have become obsolete/were essentially removed.

Brotherthat

Aug 26, 2015
If I wanted to change the starting amount of money in the HTML file using notepad++, would any one know what value I would need to change and where they would be?
Thanks.

bullcrush

Feb 27, 2016
anyone can please tell me how to start a new game plus? the new version made my saves unusable

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
anyone can please tell me how to start a new game plus? the new version made my saves unusable

every new version does that. also, don't bother, the game is just too buggy with current version (v0.8.7.1) what with the major changes they are making to the UI and rule assistant. play 0.8.5 or earlier until they get things sorted out