[~CODED~] [Finished] Riya the U.G.C. officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
When did I say you couldn't post here, friend? All I said was that you posted without any provocation. Keep trying, though.
So, you are still insisting that your submission is not a provocation? Keep trying, though.

F

Franks

So, you are still insisting that your submission is not a provocation? Keep trying, though.

And what if it is? What are you going to do about it?

Edit: But no, you're right, I spent a week writing 5k words just so I could piss off some random furry I've never met before on a typefucking game I play.

You think a lot of yourself, I'll give you that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I believe that this won't end well, at least with her plot-armor.

On the bright side, that'll take away part of the negative attention brought on Myrellion (the war, mainly), Badger, New-Texas/Treatment and the remaining sectors of the game with similar content.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I believe that this won't end well, at least with her plot-armor.

On the bright side, that'll take away part of the negative attention brought on Myrellion (the war, mainly), Badger, New-Texas/Treatment and the remaining sectors of the game with similar content.
Thet's exactly the problem. We already have too much plot-armored unlikable characters. Adding more won't do any good. Well, at least Badger is not armored anymore. And Myrellion can get war resolved... At least for those who stand on "a plague a' both your houses" position and has no problem with provoking mass genocide.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
All the previous have a more or less pleasant resolution: We can simply don't use the Treatment, and happily interact with the New Texans anyway (specially Busky <3), or avoid the planet entirely, deal with Badger in many ways (on my case, doing the right thing and sending her to jail), and as you pointed, solving the conflict in Myrellion (waiting patiently for a gold-based resolution around late '17).

The bigotry of the mentioned woman is quite more, troubling, that the given examples, since I see Sera as a stressed girl that gets too riled on superficial matters, but can care for someone no matter how they look given the time, and I don't view XIX century colonialism as something entirely negative, at least, not enough to antagonize Darnock.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Thet's exactly the problem. We already have too much plot-armored unlikable characters. Adding more won't do any good. Well, at least Badger is not armored anymore. And Myrellion can get war resolved... At least for those who stand on "a plague a' both your houses" position and has no problem with provoking mass genocide.
I do have longer-term plans for Steele removing Riya from the station, with her being reassigned somewhere else, probably a rush planet, but like I said before, I'm not going to take on too much and burn out like I did with Jane.

As a side note, it's hilarious watching people work themselves into a lather over imaginary racism.
Riya will be removable, just not immediately, and for a acutely valid reason.

Reactions: Gamepapa

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
All the previous have a more or less pleasant resolution: We can simply don't use the Treatment, and happily interact with the New Texans anyway (specially Busky <3), or avoid the planet entirely, deal with Badger in many ways (on my case, doing the right thing and sending her to jail), and as you pointed, solving the conflict in Myrellion (waiting patiently for a gold-based resolution around late '17).

The bigotry of the mentioned woman is quite more, troubling, that the given examples, since I see Sera as a stressed girl that gets too riled on superficial matters, but can care for someone no matter how they look given the time, and I don't view XIX century colonialism as something entirely negative, at least, not enough to antagonize Darnock.
I'd say that my problem with Treatment that it grants objective bonuses, while all drawbacks are subjective. And for people who are target audience are bonuses too. So they got it double, while for others it gates out some good perks. And avoiding NT altogether is unwise since gym is very useful thing. Busky... Don't remember when I was playing masculine character last time :) And my vigilante spirit is happy to be able to turn tables with Badger.

Sera... I never had it in my heart to tame tsundere. Or, maybe, I am respecting their decision to lock into themselves. Anyways, still awaiting for Sera expansion.

Reactions: UrbanJames

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Another plot-armored asshole.

You coulda worded that more tactfully.

You sound bothered, friend.

And you didn't have to carry it on. I'm lazy, so something something warning heads up; if somebody is making objectively bad posts, report the post and move on. Don't continue digging the hole deeper, tia.

K

Krynh

Why can't TiTS have xenohphobic/hyprocritical characters. Sure it's the future but people are still assholes even in an age of diversity.

Reactions: JDeko
F

Franks

Why can't TiTS have xenohphobic/hyprocritical characters. Sure it's the future but people are still assholes even in an age of diversity.

Because it hurts people's feefees!

But jokes aside, nobody said we couldn't, geddy just dropped a warning to stop bickering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JDeko and Gamepapa

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Nothing makes a good story like a good villain. Plot armor is what makes them bad in a bad way. Badger is a good example. She was a regular theme of complaints before, but once we had a real option to deal with her - everyone is happy.

Reactions: Emerald

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Nothing makes a good story like a good villain. Plot armor is what makes them bad in a bad way. Badger is a good example. She was a regular theme of complaints before, but once we had a real option to deal with her - everyone is happy.
If Badger getting two very specific ways for PC to deal with her made her fine and Riya was stated by Franks to have at least one planned for eventual implementation, then why did you feel the need to complain about the latter?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Badger is a good example. She was a regular theme of complaints before, but once we had a real option to deal with her - everyone is happy.
Though the way she was dealt with was most unsatisfying. Either click a button, or turn her stuff against her. *shrug*

Also, not a fan of NPC. Too toxic without any real discernable motive or reasoning for behavior (In short, give us a reason why she acts this way.) Justification for being on a multi-ethnic, multi-ethnic space station in the first place not given (If she is known for her xenophobic behavior, what utter meathead would even think to send her to Tavros?).

I can't help but shake the feeling this is just a way to get under some peoples' skin.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If Badger getting two very specific ways for PC to deal with her made her fine and Riya was stated by Franks to have at least one planned for eventual implementation, then why did you feel the need to complain about the latter?

Complaining about it is fine, imo, as long as it is done constructively, which was not the case.

Having massively implausible plot-armor cover to anything the PC could do isn't exactly amazing, but, considering the content fundamentally serves as a source of spank-material, mayhaps there is some room to account for players that like that kind of insurmountable "challenge".

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Though the way she was dealt with was most unsatisfying. Either click a button, or turn her stuff against her. *shrug*

Also, not a fan of NPC. Too toxic without any real discernable motive or reasoning for behavior (In short, give us a reason why she acts this way.) Justification for being on a multi-ethnic, multi-ethnic space station in the first place not given (If she is known for her xenophobic behavior, what utter meathead would even think to send her to Tavros?).

I can't help but shake the feeling this is just a way to get under some peoples' skin.

This is good discourse, and how you should have approached this in the first place @Etis

F

Franks

See attached image.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 19
F

Franks

As far as a reason for Riya being the way she is?

Well... Not sure, to be quite honest. I've thought about it a few times, but I'm still not sure.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark

Well... Not sure, to be quite honest. I've thought about it a few times, but I'm still not sure.
That should have been something you tackled before even submitting the original draft, though, and it's something you need to have in order before submitting this, in my opinion.

F

Franks

If you're unwilling to take any criticism, I'm not going to bother.

I'm perfectly willing to add a reason for her dickery if people want that, but I see absolutely no reason to give her an intricate backstory and motivation that the vast majority of people are going to skim through to get to her sex scenes.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

How serious and straight-faced is Riya about her specieism, really? The way she talks and acts, combined with the weird sexual context she frames her bigotry and the way she treats the non-human PCs she sexes makes me quite uncertain.

It's a typefucking game, it's not that deep.
It's as deep as you as a creator make it to be. And when you throw in the deliberately antagonistic and player-annoyance elements, being 'deeper' helps make people more understanding and to have them walk away content due to receiving an emotional pay-off. See: NS's take on originally pretty 'meh' Sera.

Granted, enough people may like her as 'another dommy futa that degrades your ass', but it never hurts to diversify.

Maybe she was raised that way?
That's always a good start.

I thought about that. Or maybe she spent too much time browsing space /pol/? :p
And now I think about the hellish nightmare that must be imageboards of TiTS-verse.

Reactions: JDeko and Gamepapa

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I thought about that. Or maybe she spent too much time browsing space /pol/? :p
*Looks up /pol/
"It is one of the most popular boards on the internet dedicated to politics, and has gained a reputation as a hotbed for fringe beliefs."
This just proves how little I know about boards.
And now I think about the hellish nightmare that must be imageboards of TiTS-verse.
I kinda want to see that...I'm curious.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There is no such thing as polite insulting, actually.
This.

This is good discourse, and how you should have approached this in the first place @Etis
Have to admit, my skills in politely insulting people are not high. But my position still stands - in the current state, it is clear that this whole character is deliberately written as an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.