[~CODED~] [Finished] Riya the U.G.C. officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Nonsense, game needs Space Kelt. Dr. Badger and Edan are too vanilla.
I don't mind a Kelt, he was just a bastard who tried to drug us/brainwash with his pheromones, and sexist. Which yeah, not a good thing, but whatever floats the boat. But I just get all kinds of vibes screaming "take her down, cuz they know how to get away with murder, and I doubt they'll hold back if they wanted to do so. No upstairs power stopping her and she knows it". She is rather Nazi like, calling other races inferior and threatening you with her power after punching her.

Last edited:

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
This will probably happen eventually as I want to write a D'zaan-taur.

e: I have got to stop talking about my own content in others threads. :negativeman:
I like it when you do though. Gives a heads up/reminder. :allears:

Reactions: Agrok
F

Franks

I don't mind a Kelt, he was just a bastard who tried to drug us/brainwash with his pheromones, and sexist. Which yeah, not a good thing, but whatever floats the boat. But I just get all kinds of vibes screaming "take her down, cuz they know how to get away with murder, and I doubt they'll hold back if they wanted to do so. No upstairs power stopping her and she knows it". She is rather Nazi like, calling other races inferior and threatening you with her power after punching her.

You're overthinking a typefucking game.

F

Franks

Where am I overthinking?

Okay.

But I just get all kinds of vibes screaming "take her down, cuz they know how to get away with murder, and I doubt they'll hold back if they wanted to do so."

Even if I felt like writing this, I seriously doubt Fen would allow it.

She is rather Nazi like, calling other races inferior

You ask why she hates furries so much.

“They’re just... ugh!” She grasps the air in anger with her claws. “They’re using fucking wax crayons whilst other people are trying to make art. Look, I’m not hung up on animal features per se - they can be nice in moderation.”

“And some aliens can’t help naturally looking gross. But the people who use those mods, they’re almost always some utter cretin who is so hopeless at human interaction they’ve fallen in love with an animal to the point where they want to BE the animal - See, animals can’t ever tell you you reek of B.O. and that you’re all clingy and weird - So then they spend their life savings on a dozen doses of the same mod and wallop it down. Bang! Now they’re a walking sperm whale or whatever the fuck. Then they show off their disgusting muzzles and snouts to each other, pretending they’re gene mod veterans. But there’s no craftsmanship.”

“Then you’ve got people like the bitch across the way.” She gestures contemptuously out of the door.

“Enablers. Freaking aliens who do the same damn thing! She wants to be a panda but her race isn’t even mammal, she doesn’t have nips. Does she try and find something that would give her them? Of course she fucking doesn’t! So now she’s got weird-ass featureless blobs of meat hanging off her pasty chest. Least she got the fat bit right,” she finishes in an angry mutter. “Not that she actually intended that.” -
Sera Landon

Oh look, bigotry!

“Pure naivety on my part. Pure naivety! As a rule, the natives of Mhen’ga - be they winged, serpentine or tentacled - do not take readily to the virtues of honest labor and modesty. They are a feckless and lazy bunch, and would rather wallow in their own aboriginal ignorance, sleeping and rutting their short lives away. Only a very few zil have the correct mindset and have seen the light - like good, kind Able here. I gave him a name appropriate for an early son of this dawning world.”

The slim wasp-boy blushes almost orange and looks anywhere but the table. The background scent of sweet pheromones steps up a little. You debate asking after Kane, but decide that might not be a good idea.

I would like to chase more rigorous tactics with them, but alas, the current planetary administration has chosen to shackle us with suffocating rule and regulation. Make no mistake though, my young friend,” the professor growls, determination steeling his pale blue eyes, “it is a situation that will change. The zil and their fellows will be brought into the present millennium. Whether it be mercifully through the kind light of the One God, or brutally by uncaring market forces, that is their own choice to make.”
- Professor Darnock

“So if you were unable to persuade almost any zil to work for you...” you say, looking out over the fields, “...it must have been quite difficult to find people willing to bust their asses way out here, on a hostile, newly-discovered planet?”

“They didn’t get a choice, dear Korra,” says Darnock, considering the distant workers with a fond, paternal smile. “And they must understand their posting not as an imposition, but a grand opportunity: to prove they are capable of obedience and a hard, honest day’s work to future employers. Snugglé works closely with the U.G.C. legal system to secure laborers for out-of-the-way installations like this, where locals cannot be sourced for whatever reason. It’s a win-win for all concerned: the burden on our over-taxed prisons is eased, Snugglé gets access to near-free labor, and the prisoners themselves receive valuable experience and a commendation on their CV for when they are released.”
- Professor Darnock

Oh look, slavery!

threatening you with her power after punching her.

Yes, she threatens you with physical violence after you assault her. What a crazy galaxy.

You would've done better to mention the bit where she threatens to tase you for poking holes in her faulty logic.

No upstairs power stopping her and she knows it"..

She's a corrupt cop with connections, yes.

Reactions: Agrok and Krynh

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Bad Ends, bro. If you'd want to write a Bad End that have Riya kidnap non-human Steele and put them into her rape dungeon for life or sell them to slavery after extorting all their money - you can do that. Murder is probably off the table though.
Sera Landon and Professor Darnock
Funny thing about both of them - unlike Riya they don't have shit both on the inside and on the outside. Professor is full of BS, but at the same time he's suave, sophisticated and entertaining. Sera (whose bigotry was noted by NS as mostly being his own bias given voice) has a soft side that is quite satisfying to dig out, and is also confirmed as someone who'd never engage in the really messed up shit. If Riya will turn out anywhere close to either of those - more power to her and to you.
Edit: She kinda has the elements of both of those approaches, but IMO not enough to cause the same response yet.

You would've done better to mention the bit where she threatens to tase you for poking holes in her faulty logic.
That reminds me: not enough annoying ID checks for PC of non-core races and unwarranted cavity searches. What kind of weaksauce is that.

Last edited:
F

Franks

That reminds me: not enough annoying ID checks for PC of non-core races and unwarranted cavity searches. What kind of weaksauce is that.

ID check, sure, but I've never been a fan of 'You're getting raped and you have no option to fight back!'

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
ID check, sure, but I've never been a fan of 'You're getting raped and you have no option to fight back!'
I was talking about actual, honest to god cavity searches. Got to confiscate all those stacks of super fucked up space drugs. She can also use her bioscanner to become the only cop in the UGC space that gives a damn about Steele smuggling hosts of illegal parasites. Many options for hillarious power abuse.

On the flipside, what do you think about giving high-Int Steele a chance to give your crooked lady a verbal rebuttal instead of obviously flawed 'punch the officer in public' plan?

That Serapreg commission was the best, and I'm glad I did it.

<3
Why you had to announce that? Now I simply can't talk smack about your project without feeling really bad about it.

F

Franks

I was talking about actual, honest to god cavity searches. She can also use her bioscanner to become the only cop in the UGC space that gives a damn about Steele smuggling hosts of illegal parasites. Many options for hillarious power abuse.

On the flipside, what do you think about giving high-Int Steele a chance to give your crooked lady a verbal rebuttal instead of obviously flawed 'punch the officer in public' plan?

Steele does at one point refute Riya's bullshit with 'But if humans are intrinsically better, why did ausar invent warp gates first? Shouldn't humans have done it, if they're so much better?' followed by Riya threatening to tase them. I imagine Steele verbally ripping her a new one would be received in much the same way.

Why you had to announce that? Now I simply can't talk smack about your project without feeling really bad about it.

Money well spent.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh with even present existance of genemoded humans or just aliens non-human races she got much to do here with her pov ^^

A gentle Gloria-like vibre too from Riya.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Steele does at one point refute Riya's bullshit with 'But if humans are intrinsically better, why did ausar invent warp gates first? Shouldn't humans have done it, if they're so much better?' followed by Riya threatening to tase them. I imagine Steele verbally ripping her a new one would be received in much the same way.
I was thinking about trying to really get under her skin. With something along the lines of :' You can sit here getting high on whatever little power you have, mixed with your pathetic racial superiority bullshit. I have riches to claim and alien princesses to fuck.'
Either she'll simply manage to maintain her infuriating facade/come up with a retort, in which case she'll earn some respect as a mini-nemesis, or she'll snap and taze Steele in public without dully procedure, which will be a moral victory.

Obviously, writing something like this or not is up to you. Also, this seems like as good a place as any to ask why does Riya use Steele's backdoor after seeking specifically a pure female partner?

Last edited:

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Yes, she threatens you with physical violence after you assault her. What a crazy galaxy.

Yeah, this. Is she not the type to gun a person down that surrendered, or like right there, tase you for whoever knows how long, after she's provoked a question? Because of appearances as long as the excuse she's come up with shows? She's all to ready to pull weapons on the PC...

Fen's allowed this in several instances ... the PC just wont be there to stop it, or it goes by quick and brief. Like with the reds, I forget there names, the terrorist the gold queens want stopped. The PC shows up and notice limbs from the bombing... Or Seandra Q2, the bad end shotgun to the back of the head if you lose to "breaching the room guy".

... Yeah ... I'm overthinking things. Its just, ugh, I just know this wont be the end of her on the forums, and that worries me into, "What will come of it?". Sorry... letting "what if" get the better of me.

F

Franks

Yeah, this. Is she not the type to gun a person down that surrendered, or like right there, tase you for whoever knows how long, after she's provoked a question? Because of appearances as long as the excuse she's come up with shows? She's all to ready to pull weapons on the PC...

Fen's allowed this in several instances ... the PC just wont be there to stop it, or it goes by quick and brief. Like with the reds, I forget there names, the terrorist the gold queens want stopped. The PC shows up and notice limbs from the bombing... Or Seandra Q2, the bad end shotgun to the back of the head if you lose to "breaching the room guy".

... Yeah ... I'm overthinking things. Its just, ugh, I just know this wont be the end of her on the forums, and that worries me into, "What will come of it?". Sorry... letting "what if" get the better of me.

Well, at this point I'm getting ready to write a bad end where she murders PC, just for you.

If you don't like her, don't click on her. It works amazingly well.

I was thinking about trying to really get under her skin. With something along the lines of :' you can sit here getting high on whatever little power you have mixed with your own pathetic racist bullshit. I have riches to claim and alien princesses to fuck.
Either she'll simply manage to maintain her infuriating facade/come up with a retort, in which case she'll earn some respect as a mini-nemesis, or she'll snap and taze Steele in public without dully procedure, which will be a moral victory.

Obviously, writing something like this or not is up to you. Also, this seems like as good a place as any to ask why does Riya use Steele's backdoor after seeking specifically a pure female partner?

No real reason beyond me being afraid of taking too much on like I did with Jane and ultimately flaking out. I plan to add to her in smaller pieces if/when she's added to the game.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
No real reason beyond me being afraid of taking too much on like I did with Jane and ultimately flaking out. I plan to add to her in smaller pieces if/when she's added to the game.
Wise choice, man. Best of luck with this project. If nothing else, Riya seems like a perfect candidate for the role of casual, down-to-earth nemesis for the PC, and/or TiTS main proper That Gal.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Well, at this point I'm getting ready to write a bad end where she murders PC, just for you.

If you don't like her, don't click on her. It works amazingly well.
I don't intend to for anything other then meet her CO. But I've failed to word my thoughts properly and let myself get triggered ... which has exploded into a massive derp. Oh joy ...:negativeman:
-Better worded feelings that may as well be ignored-
Like what Nonesuch says "But when I do it it's cute!". Sera just dislikes furries for there appearance, feels its bad art, overdone, but leaves it at that. Harmless inner artist triggered. When Riya does it though, its not just dislike for the race for some small reason, its bigoted reasoning I felt will lead her to hurt someone intentionally on a bad day or on a excuse. Like if she shot a ausar when they already surrendered and were rising slowly, stating she thought they had a gun to any who question it. Because she thinks them inferior, which reminded me of nazi. She strikes me as a psychopathic, sadistic racist, with bigoted reasoning. I don't care if she hates furries but oh boy does she sounded like one of the worse cases.
This provoked me to worry as its already beyond Kelt level triggering, and he among others like Badger and so forth got a lot of heat. And as you say, I'm overthinking things. I let panic make me think "what will happen when the person who wants her gone writes the event to make it happen".

I blame Haydee ... that game has kicked my arse for the last 24hr. Stressing me into a state of illness twice. Sorry ...:confused:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Like if she shot a ausar when they already surrendered and were rising slowly, stating she thought they had a gun to any who question it. Because she thinks them inferior, which reminded me of nazi. She strikes me as a psychopathic, sadistic racist, with bigoted reasoning.
You should go back and look through the doc. The level of racism, and more importantly the way it's displayed in Riya's content so far are nowhere near enough to earn the comparison you make (the former of which is something you really shouldn't bring up on a smut forum). She also doesn't really display anything that can be taken as signs of psychosis or uncontrolled aggression, or extreme sadism; not even if you squint very hard.

I let panic make me think "what will happen when the person who wants her gone writes the event to make it happen".
Such content will get rejected, unless it will get approved by Franks (or devs if he will no longer be around) and be hot. Just like any non-bimbofication 'getting back at Dr. Badger' content has been for all this time.
I blame Haydee ... that game has kicked my arse for the last 24hr. Stressing me into a state of illness twice. Sorry ...:confused:
Get better, man. The vidya should be stress relief, not the exact opposite.

Last edited:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm not terribly fond of the amount of emphasis placed on "and there's nothing you can do about her", particularly since she looks in an aggressive manner towards the PC every time they walk past the square that she's in if they're nonhuman. Realistic, certainly, but in a frustrating way that I personally feel is unsuited for a game whose primary function is to make the player feel good.

I also have concerns in general related to the above about the shaming of non-human players in general. It's not that great when Sera does it and I don't really approve of it becoming a more widespread phenomenon. A core function of the game is the player having the ability to customize their PC to look however they want, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't think Riya would make the game less enjoyable by her inclusion.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I feel like whatever realism there may be in not being able to do shit about Riya is somewhat diminished when she works on a Station your late father happens to own and/or rent a great portion of.

F

Franks

I do have longer-term plans for Steele removing Riya from the station, with her being reassigned somewhere else, probably a rush planet, but like I said before, I'm not going to take on too much and burn out like I did with Jane.

As a side note, it's hilarious watching people work themselves into a lather over imaginary racism.

Reactions: JDeko

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Who cares if cowgirls are forcefully lobotomized?

But I'm emotionally invested in these characters!

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Lobotomized cowgirls has been a topic of fierce contention and debate ever since the day it was introduced. Enough so in fact that Fen finally bowed to pressure and introduced a change that made it voluntary specifically because so many players were distressed by the implications of its mandatory status.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Das the joke.

I'm just not very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.