[~CODED~] [Finished] Riya the U.G.C. officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Right now I'm trying to decide how to write a way to get her off Tavros; my intention is not to remove her from the game with this expac, just to get her out of the starter area.

Obviously, this character has caused a lot of contention. While it's equally obvious that I have no problem dealing with that, that was not my intention. I wrote Riya because I had an idea that I liked, and I decided to explore it. If you don't believe that - oh well.

Thirdly, I intend to be the only person who writes content for Riya, given the nature of the internet and people on this forum.

Perhaps it would be a better idea to write more sex scenes and leave the "way to get her off Tavros" for later when the PC is able to make more connections with powerful individuals (such as Lysander Chow or someone high up in the UGC or something like that) and tie it to having those ties or some other achievement

Last edited:
F

Franks

Perhaps it would be a better idea to write more sex scenes and leave the "remove her from the game with this expac" for later when the PC is able to make more connections with powerful individuals (such as Lysander Chow or someone high up in the UGC or something like that) and tie it to having those ties or some other achievement
I have no intention of removing her from the game. Period.

I do however plan to remove her from Tavros, as repeatedly stated on earier pages.

Reactions: Zavos

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I have no intention of removing her from the game. Period.

I do however plan to remove her from Tavros, as repeatedly stated on earier pages.
That wasn't what I was getting at, but I suppose quoted the wrong part....

Ok, fixed the post.

So haw about that suggestion? More sex scenes instead of a get-her-off-Tavros expac?

Last edited:

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Right now I'm trying to decide how to write a way to get her off Tavros; my intention is not to remove her from the game with this expac, just to get her out of the starter area.

Obviously, this character has caused a lot of contention. While it's equally obvious that I have no problem dealing with that, that was not my intention. I wrote Riya because I had an idea that I liked, and I decided to explore it. If you don't believe that - oh well.

Thirdly, I intend to be the only person who writes content for Riya(Or at least, have veto power for anyone else who writes for her), given the nature of the internet and people on this forum.
Bah who cares about the rest of them :p

I totally approve of the whole being that's called Riya.

I am really looking forward to what you will do with her :), good luck and dont overdo it. Remember to take some breaks :)

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Take your time. Feel free to report any mud slung your way, in thread or in PM, enjoy the random niche of the community that wants to murder dissenting stuff.

I would recommend making a new thread for the expansion content proper once you get underway, if only because most of this thread is an off topic mess and YEESH.

Personally, I would also recommend seeing if you can tie in a scene or two with her and another character, probably non-sexual, just to make the world seem a bit more lively and she herself less inherently insular, as characters are wont to become. Whether it's "hey you wanna have Riya harass your character and show not all is peaceful" or whatev, adds depth all around.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
By "remove her" I think he meant an option where you click a button and decide to ignore her entirely from then on. Kelt had that.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well removing her may be made or...after adding some more things to mkae her more feel like part of titsverse over been giving some people vibre it's isolated fromt he rest of game npc give her some ummm...other benefits to meet her.

Maybe some skill training...but I not certain what would be enough bait to make people get over initial impression she giving atm to get to that training. Probably someothing making PC even more OP.

Last edited:

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Well removing her may be made or...after adding some more things to mkae her more feel like part of titsverse over been giving some people vibre it's isolated fromt he rest of game npc give her some ummm...other benefits to meet her.

Maybe some skill training...but I not certain what would be enough bait to make people get over initial impression she giving atm to get to that training. Probably someothing making PC even more OP.

Gating a useful perk or item behind interacting with her would actually probably be the worst possible thing that could be done. It would likely just add gasoline to the fire storm of hate surrounding her. Bow training being gated behind Kelt made it so anyone who wanted pursue an archery build didn't have the option of ignoring him.

And with Riya since Franks is so dead set on not granting any removal options. The ability to ignore/ avoid her is even more vital.

F

Franks

By "remove her" I think he meant an option where you click a button and decide to ignore her entirely from then on. Kelt had that.

'Sock her' does that. At 40+ reflexes you land a hit, below that she decks you. Either way, your lawyers absolve you of all wrongdoing and you pay no fine.

Take your time. Feel free to report any mud slung your way, in thread or in PM, enjoy the random niche of the community that wants to murder dissenting stuff.

I would recommend making a new thread for the expansion content proper once you get underway, if only because most of this thread is an off topic mess and YEESH.

Personally, I would also recommend seeing if you can tie in a scene or two with her and another character, probably non-sexual, just to make the world seem a bit more lively and she herself less inherently insular, as characters are wont to become. Whether it's "hey you wanna have Riya harass your character and show not all is peaceful" or whatev, adds depth all around.

Thanks! Nobody has bothered me, and I honestly don't think anyone will. On the contrary, someone messaged me to tell me I'd better make clear that I'd like to be her only content creator before someone writes an over the top mind-rape/psychotic revenge scenario out of spite. People are just being very vocal in the comments section, which is their right as far as I'm concerned.

That wasn't what I was getting at, but I suppose quoted the wrong part....

Ok, fixed the post.

So haw about that suggestion? More sex scenes instead of a get-her-off-Tavros expac?

What I want to do right now is write an expac and add sex scenes to it.

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
He isn't so bend on not letting us have option to move her from Tavros to some not so central/hub location for the whole game.

Well ok I agree been lil recless of me to throw idea to give her some useufull thing that would make her more than catter to specific kink.

@Franks So what your thought on possible hermification path for her? *evil grin*

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I'd really like to see this character get another sex scene before you start trying to cram in a big event to somehow move her.

As for being the only person to write her - that flies out the window the moment a character gets in game. I do try to ensure that future additions to a character fit their personality and get the author's approval, but once or twice in the path I have had to overrule an author's wishes on an expansion pack.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Should probably clarify on the why. I mean, I guess there's technically no single reason, but probably the biggest one (in my opinion) would be so a small scale Breeding Season fiasco doesn't happen.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I missed Kaizer, glad to see a similar no-nonsense person on the forums.

I don't get the "plot armor" thing. Like should I be able to cunt-punch every NPC I don't like? I play the game much more for the story than the fapping but I don't really get being so upset over her. Badger annoyed me as you had to cower away from her or get Perma-TF'd. This cop doesn't make you bow down to her and doesn't change your character so who cares if she's "problematic"?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The issue is not in being unable to do anything to Riya, it's in giving options that look like they will allow you to do something but that exist purely to chastise the player for trying. There's no need for the Punch or Report options to be in there at all: if you want to get involved with Riya you're not going to use them, and if you don't then they don't do anything but infuriate the player. More of Riya's pagecount is devoted to baiting and then smacking the player than to having sex with her.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
Good character, well written, I like her! (I don't actually like her, she's a dick, but that's the point, right?)

Also using this post to petition for a taur scene yo.

F

Franks

Thanks, thanks. I'm going to stop posting here so this can die and stop cluttering the submissions forum. Any further questions can be messaged to me.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
I'd really like to see this character get another sex scene before you start trying to cram in a big event to somehow move her.

As for being the only person to write her - that flies out the window the moment a character gets in game. I do try to ensure that future additions to a character fit their personality and get the author's approval, but once or twice in the path I have had to overrule an author's wishes on an expansion pack.

I'm mildly relieved to hear this policy is still in place. If I recall correctly one of my favorite expansions for Izma in CoC only got into the game because of this.

Inkbane

Jan 5, 2017
My only real problem with this character isn't that she's an asshole racist or even the fact that you can't really deal with her yet. My problem is this. She's supposed to be spec-ops,and have these friends in high places, but all her bluster is the kind of dumb that makes me want to talk to her as if she were a small child. The thing is there are different types of racism. The kind of racist she is doesn't really fit with her background.

I noticed that she's not a paranoid racist (you can't trust aliens!) or a purist racist ( those cross breeding bastards are polluting our precious genes!), or even a segregation racist ( Oh, your one of those people...) but a superiority-complex racist. That's the kind of ignorance that comes usually (but not always, I understand that) from a more uneducated, lower class background. Poor and Uneducated often goes hand in hand with " I need to feel as if these people are less than I am so I can feel better about myself". It's not the kind of racism that you'd think to see from an 'Ex Spec-Ops' highly trained professional type, especially one with powerful friends in the U.G.C.

The U.G.C. isn't just the Terran government, it's the galactic government. So it seems unrealistic that with the kind of attitude she displays that she would be able to make it far enough to get to spec-ops, let alone remain in spec-ops long enough to make such important friends, when it's guaranteed that so many of her co-workers, team mates, C. O.s, etc. are going to be Ausar, Leithans, Kaithrit, etc. If she had this personality all along she'd have gotten a dishonorable discharge back in basic.

If it's something brought about by something she experienced, some sort of trauma, it's almost guaranteed she'd develop paranoid racism over superiority-complex racism. Superiority-complex racism has no founding in any kind of real rationality, and shows compromised reasoning skills. It's not the kind of bad habit a special forces soldier would allow themselves to slide into. Habitually disregarding someone leads to underestimating them. Paranoid racist delusions are more likely with the line of work she was in.

But that's a psyche flaw. My main personal issue? The bitch can't read. My PC's mother was human. By TiTs galatic standard, my character is still human. A slightly modded human, sure. But still so obviously human they mark 'human' on the census (I remember somewhere in game it being mentioned 'that Half-Ausar recently became an option on the U.G.C. census, instead of having to use hybrid/other') . If she has a problem with a modded human, she's not just a racist but that dick between her legs makes her a hypocrite. If she is a hypocrite I'd rather kick her in the nuts than punch her in the face.

Edited: I had one more thought. If she was a purist racist, that would actually make a lot of sense for her to be antangonistic towards a hybrid Steele Jr. With that kind of attitude she might resent Victor for choosing an alien over a human, and Steele Jr just for existing.

Last edited:

ZulCoringa

Oct 27, 2015
I found a racist despicable npc that I can't deal with mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi die franks mimimimimimimimimimimi mi mi there is not enough space on space for both of us! My steele is god, do not dare to disappoint him.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Thanks! Nobody has bothered me, and I honestly don't think anyone will. On the contrary, someone messaged me to tell me I'd better make clear that I'd like to be her only content creator before someone writes an over the top mind-rape/psychotic revenge scenario out of spite. People are just being very vocal in the comments section, which is their right as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody with the time or ability to write an OTT mind-rape/psychotic revenge xpac is actually going to do it. Even if they did, it would be completely wasted effort because Fen would want your permission before including it. It's worth considering some of the more objective criticism that has come her way, but for as long as you give a shit about this game you don't have to worry about someone else altering your character.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I found a racist despicable npc that I can't deal with mimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimimi die franks mimimimimimimimimimimi mi mi there is not enough space on space for both of us! My steele is god, do not dare to disappoint him.
Dude, literally no one who leveled criticism at this project in this thread said anything to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.